PDA

View Full Version : nolefins 1st round mock draft.

nolefin
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
1.panthers-cam newton
2.broncos- marcell dareus
3.bills- von miller
4.bengals- blaine gabbert
5.cardinals- patrick peterson
6.browns- a.j green
7.49ers- prince amukamara
8.titans-robert quinn olb unc
9.cowboys-tyron smith
10.redskins-julio jones
11.texans-aldon smith
12.vikings-nick fairley
13.lions-da'quan bowers
14.rams-brooks reed
15.dolphins-christian ponder
16.jaguars-mike pouncy
17.pats-ryan kerrigan
18.chargers-j.j watt
19.giants-akeem ayers
20.bucs-cameron jordan
21.chiefs- corey liuget
22.colts- anthony costonzo
23.eagles-gabe carimi
24.saints-justin houston
25.seahawks-jake locker
26.ravens- jimmy smith
27.falcons-aaron williams
28.patriots-nate solder
29.bears-torrey smith
30.jets-muhamad wilkerson
31.steelers-ben ijatana
32.packers-ras-I-dowling

nolefin
04-15-2011, 12:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9XhosvAg8

this is why i want ponder, this is vs. a top defense.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:00 PM
As a Bills fan I guess I could live with Von, but I really want Gabbert

Kdawg954
04-15-2011, 01:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb9XhosvAg8

this is why i want ponder, this is vs. a top defense.

Ponder had alot of great moments in 2009, had a few in 2010 . . . but if your sole basis of wanting him is because he did work against a "young talented UNC" defense . . . Mallet was doing damage against the likes of Bama, Auburn and LSU in the SEC West.

Ponder isn't as talented as Mallet as a passer, but I can respect if you feel Ponder will handle the NFL better than Mallet, or if mobility is playing a bigger factor in who you select.

My thing between Ponder and Mallet is . . . you either take the guy who is smarter/faster/more injury prone with an average arm . . . or the guy who can make all the throws/did it against elite defenses/slower/character issues. One video of Ponder 2 college football seasons ago isn't going to sway many people.

I like Ponder though, he could very well end up being more successful in the NFL. There is no right or wrong answer between the 2, the fact that QB is being addressed in the only thing that matters.

Kdawg954
04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
I gotta think if Cam Jordan passes the Chargers . . . the Patriots could trade up to snag him before KC picks . . . the guy is an ideal 3-4 DE. Kerrigan and Cam Jordan, they would love that draft, and maybe get an OLineman at 33.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:04 PM
Ponder had alot of great moments in 2009, had a few in 2010 . . . but if your sole basis of wanting him is because he did work against a "young talented UNC" defense . . . Mallet was doing damage against the likes of Bama, Auburn and LSU in the SEC West.

Ponder isn't as talented as Mallet as a passer, but I can respect if you feel Ponder will handle the NFL better than Mallet, or if mobility is playing a bigger factor in who you select.

My thing between Ponder and Mallet is . . . you either take the guy who is smarter/faster/more injury prone with an average arm . . . or the guy who can make all the throws/did it against elite defenses/slower/character issues. One video of Ponder 2 college football seasons ago isn't going to sway many people.

I like Ponder though, he could very well end up being more successful in the NFL. There is no right or wrong answer between the 2, the fact that QB is being addressed in the only thing that matters.

Looking at your Sig looks like I steal Julius Thomas from you in the 5th Sorry.

DAFINZ
04-15-2011, 01:08 PM
I'd rather we take Ponder (over Mallet) too if we do go QB in 1st round. However, I'd rather we trade down than draft Ponder at 15.

nolefin
04-15-2011, 01:14 PM
i agree with you on mallett and i had him at 15 and i sat here and thought about it and mallett has the better arm but i think miami is looking for someone who can move around a little and mallet is a statue, i wouldnt be upset if we drafted mallet but he seems a little immature.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:16 PM
i agree with you on mallett and i had him at 15 and i sat here and thought about it and mallett has the better arm but i think miami is looking for someone who can move around a little and mallet is a statue, i wouldnt be upset if we drafted mallet but he seems a little immature.

I Think, actually am pretty sure in 3 years Locker will be better than both Mallett and Ponder

Kdawg954
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
I Think, actually am pretty sure in 3 years Locker will be better than both Mallett and Ponder

I just keep rewatching the work and the throws he had against USC in 2009 and he made some throws in a situation that many of these QB's just haven't made in that type of situation with much less talent. Seriously, I am secretly hoping that Daboll/Sparano/Ireland have faith in their ability to develop Locker and draft him . . . would shock EVERYBODY because nobody is talking about him for the Dolphins. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the pick, but I know I am in the minority.

It's cool though, he has the arm strength, the mobility, the work ethic the experience in the pro system. Roll the dice on one of these guys Miami.

DAFINZ
04-15-2011, 01:27 PM
The only way this happens is if Belichick does draft him.

DAFINZ
04-15-2011, 01:30 PM
I just keep rewatching the work and the throws he had against USC in 2009 and he made some throws in a situation that many of these QB's just haven't made in that type of situation with much less talent. Seriously, I am secretly hoping that Daboll/Sparano/Ireland have faith in their ability to develop Locker and draft him . . . would shock EVERYBODY because nobody is talking about him for the Dolphins. I honestly wouldn't have a problem with the pick, but I know I am in the minority.

It's cool though, he has the arm strength, the mobility, the work ethic the experience in the pro system. Roll the dice on one of these guys Miami.
Henne can vouch for their success in developing QBs :unsure:

I do think whoever takes Locker, needs to let him sit for at least a couple of years.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:33 PM
The only way this happens is if Belichick does draft him.

Nope. I am telling you let him finally focus on Football and you will see some real growth in this kid. Gabbert and Locker will be the two best QBs in this draft. Mallett will be a close third (IF there is a WALL in front of him and you keep him clean)

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 01:34 PM

I do think whoever takes Locker, needs to let him sit for at least a couple of years.

Very true I think Locker is 2 years away from starting. And if Forced in earlier than that you can see a bust happen. But if he sits and learns ala Aaron Rogers I think you are going to see Aaron Rogers type production once he hits the field.

TrinidadDolfan
04-15-2011, 03:03 PM

uh...this argument has been used before, this regime's inability to groom a QB, because Henne is a failure.

I must say that I disagree with that point of view. If you watch what was done with Henne, how he was brought along slooooowwwwly. Eased in. With a great mentor in Pennington. I think that they did all the right things, and it would have worked ecxcept for the fact that Henne is and was sub-standard.

The fault lied not in the regime's "upbringing" of Henne, the fault lied in Henne himself. And THAT speaks to the regime's inability to evaluate QB talent.

Your Honor, for exhibit 2, I would like to present....Pat White.

The Prosecution rests.

Canadi-Phin
04-15-2011, 03:33 PM
I think Locker is going to surprise alot of people. He is alot better than given credit on this board. The players he had playing with him were terible and they still beat some really good teams because of Locker. I watched him play live for 4 years twice a year. He is an impressive athlete and makes some great plays with his arm and his legs. If we traded back and took him I would be happy. Right now I want us to take Locker, Mallett, Ponder somebody who we believe can be a QB. As Trinidad said, Henne sucks.

DKphin
04-15-2011, 04:07 PM
15.dolphins-christian ponder

If we stay at 15, I think you have to take Mallet. I like Ponder, but that injury history has me concerned. We've talked about this before Steve. If it wasn't for the injury history, I would agree on Ponder. Now if we are able to trade back and pickup a second, depending who we traded with, I would see taking Ponder later in the 1st. Or even Locker, but the Titan's fans think that their team is all over him at this point which may make his selection a moot point. I think some of the talk on Locker is overblown, but there are still some legit concerns.

sinPHIN
04-15-2011, 05:22 PM
ponder doesnt impress me. yea he is accurate but he doesnt throw further than 15 yards. we already have that with henne.

Roman529
04-15-2011, 05:38 PM
I could live with Ponder, but I prefer Mallett.