PDA

View Full Version : Trade Down With San Diego

postermaster
04-15-2011, 02:19 PM
San Diego will want to take a DE in the first round, by the time SD drafts, the best DE's should be gone: Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan and JJ Watt. By the time the Dolphins draft there should be at least 2 of those available considering that between Miami and San Diego are 2 teams intrested in DE. If a good DE slipps until Miami's turn, San Diego should make a high bid to grab him.

San Diego has 2 2nd round picks, they should give us the 18th and the 50th overall for the 15th overall.

With the 18th and 50th overall the Fins could draft Ingram/LeShoure/Ryan Williams and Locker/Mallet/Kaepernick, 1 RB and 1 QB. I personally would love to see Locker and Ryan Williams in the Fins!!.

BillsFanInPeace
04-15-2011, 02:26 PM
I dont think you are going to get a second to move up 3 spots. without the draft chart in front of me though I cannot varify.

Also if you are thinking Mallett or Locker will be there at 50 that will be a mistake too I think they are all gone in the 1st

hooshoops
04-15-2011, 02:32 PM
exactly...san diego would have to be pretty damn hard up on someone to trade pick #50 to move up 3 slots in the middle of round 1...best case you get a 3rd back

postermaster
04-15-2011, 02:41 PM
I dont think you are going to get a second to move up 3 spots. without the draft chart in front of me though I cannot varify.

Also if you are thinking Mallett or Locker will be there at 50 that will be a mistake too I think they are all gone in the 1st

Not if a great DE falls to #15, also if not, maybe if we give our 1st and 3rd for their 1st and 2nd??.

Locker and Mallet could easily be there at 18th and LeShore, Ryan Williams and even Ingram (due to his arthritic knee problem) could fall to the 50th.

What do you think??

Aqua and Orange
04-15-2011, 02:42 PM
Must read?

normaniii
04-15-2011, 02:47 PM

I agree with you but your draft is just as much of a pipedream.

Show Me Your TDs
04-15-2011, 02:51 PM
No way we get a 2nd in that deal. San Diego has less production lately out of their draft picks more than any other team. I seriously doubt they trade up but if they do it will be with use for a meager 3rd or 4th round pick.

Show Me Your TDs
04-15-2011, 02:53 PM
San Diego will want to take a DE in the first round, by the time SD drafts, the best DE's should be gone: Robert Quinn, Aldon Smith, Ryan Kerrigan, Cameron Jordan and JJ Watt. By the time the Dolphins draft there should be at least 2 of those available considering that between Miami and San Diego are 2 teams intrested in DE. If a good DE slipps until Miami's turn, San Diego should make a high bid to grab him.

San Diego has 2 2nd round picks, they should give us the 18th and the 50th overall for the 15th overall.

With the 18th and 50th overall the Fins could draft Ingram/LeShoure/Ryan Williams and Locker/Mallet/Kaepernick, 1 RB and 1 QB. I personally would love to see Locker and Ryan Williams in the Fins!!.

You have to look at round value and more than likely a solid starting running back will be available 2nd to 3rd round. However a QB will not. If they go into this draft thinking they need a franchise QB and starting RB then you set yourself with picking a QB first then a RB.

Canadi-Phin
04-15-2011, 02:59 PM
The old Value chart says their 1st and 3rd for ours.

Minnphin
04-15-2011, 03:20 PM
The old Value chart says their 1st and 3rd for ours.

This would make a lot of sense to me. Shouldn't effect our chance at Mallett much and the 3rd will be valuable to fill another hole.

newlownorder
04-15-2011, 03:38 PM
Why is this a must read?

postermaster
04-15-2011, 03:45 PM
According to ESPN our 1st + 3rd for their 1st + 2nd would be a fair trade (SD gives 1300 points, Miami gives 1245 points), maybe Miami should have to give a late round pick.. SD would be the more intrested since they will have to fight for a better DE, also they wouldn't be so dumb to give us a 2nd (considering they have 2) for an exchange of a 3rd.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

postermaster
04-15-2011, 03:49 PM
Why is this a must read?

Because while you are taking Mallet at #15, I'm proposing to take him at #18 (or Locker) and receive a 2nd round in exchange for our 3rd which we could use to draft a great RB and not B Powell

vaneasy2338
04-15-2011, 03:59 PM
Yea, the first offer SD would be getting screwed. Swapping the 2nd & 3rd rounds and the 1st rounders seems reasonable. Although if Mallett was still on the board, Im not sure I want us trading back to get more value in the later rounds. The risk (not getting a franchise quarterback) might outweight the reward of swapping a 3rd with a 2nd.

Gonzo
04-15-2011, 04:15 PM
Because while you are taking Mallet at #15, I'm proposing to take him at #18 (or Locker) and receive a 2nd round in exchange for our 3rd which we could use to draft a great RB and not B Powell
That doesn't explain how it is a "must read" in the slightest.

Fixed it for you. :hi5:

Minnphin
04-15-2011, 04:32 PM
According to ESPN our 1st + 3rd for their 1st + 2nd would be a fair trade (SD gives 1300 points, Miami gives 1245 points), maybe Miami should have to give a late round pick.. SD would be the more intrested since they will have to fight for a better DE, also they wouldn't be so dumb to give us a 2nd (considering they have 2) for an exchange of a 3rd.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670

Think I'd rather have two mid 3rd's than a mid 2nd personally...

CANDolphan
04-15-2011, 06:29 PM
... there is actually a lot more to this than you probably know. San Diego wants a pass rusher.

If SD gets desperate and wants to jump Jax and New England, two teams that have identical needs to SD, they would probably forfeit their lower 3rd round pick.

Finfanforever
04-15-2011, 06:36 PM

Locker is the only QB that Miami has not scouted...in other words...it's not happening...Mallett, Ponder, or Pouncey will be the pick IMO

j-off-her-doll
04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
Watt and Jordan will be their only interests at DE. They might consider A. Smith as an OLB - though he projects much better to DE.

Either way, doubt they're trading up 3 spots and giving up that much. Don't pass on your guy at QB for the sake of being cute.

Show Me Your TDs
04-15-2011, 10:40 PM
Locker is the only QB that Miami has not scouted...in other words...it's not happening...Mallett, Ponder, or Pouncey will be the pick IMO

And hopefully they have learned their lesson with bust of a pick Pat White. They didn't scout (personal workout) him and still selected him.

JC
04-16-2011, 01:29 AM
exactly...san diego would have to be pretty damn hard up on someone to trade pick #50 to move up 3 slots in the middle of round 1...best case you get a 3rd back

I would be fine with getting another third to move back three spots. Although if Mallett is there we probably need to take him at 15 rather than get cute and try to get more picks and risk losing him.

CANDolphan
04-16-2011, 02:29 PM
I would be fine with getting another third to move back three spots. Although if Mallett is there we probably need to take him at 15 rather than get cute and try to get more picks and risk losing him.

You have to look at the scenario though. Who do you see taking Mallet between 16 (jax) and 17 (ne)? Certainly not NE. Jacksonville? Maybe. That's a heavy maybe. They need a DE horribly.

Which is also why SD jumps those two and swaps with Miami, to secure their elite pass rusher.