PDA

View Full Version : Dolphins Mock Draft 1.0

DKphin
04-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Little top heavy on the offensive side of the ball.
Round 1:
Dolphins trade back with Seattle and obtain their 1st and 2nd for our number 15
**Ryan Mallet** - I think despite all the buzz recently, GMs still have legitimate concerns and I still think he'll be there at 25.
Round 2:
**Mikel LeShoure** Big back, with R&R possibly both being gone gives us thunder in the backfield.
Round 3:
**Jerrel Jernigan** Mister do-everything at Troy. He is explosive with instant acceleration. Dynamic playmaker that is a threat to score every time he touches the ball either as a WR or KR.
Round 4:
**Steve Schilling** Schilling was expected to be the next great OL out of Michigan. While he was good at UM, he never took that step into elite status. But with that being said, he should have a long and productive career at OG which is why he is good value in the 4th.
Round 5:
**Derrick Locke**With thunder(LeShoure) there is always lightning and Locke brings plenty of that. Another dynamic playmaker as a runner and receiver out of the backfield. Explosive as a KR also.
Round 6:
**T.J. Yates**May not have the strongest arm. My not wow anyone with his athletic ability. But put that aside and you have a guy that has just about every intangible for the position. He sees the whole field and can make in play adjustments seamlessly as every thing else around him is going to crap. He is not going to out run anyone, but can slide in the pocket to avoid the rush. He has a smooth delivery and he'll master than playbook so players are in the right positions to make plays.
Round 7(a):
**Mario Addison**At his ProDay Addison ran 4.58/40 and had 17reps/225. He was 6th on the team in tackles, 2nd in sacks(9), and had 14 TFLs. He also had 3 FFs and a fumble recovery. Addison was elected to the 2nd team All-Sun Belt. He played DE in college, but projects to an OLB. He is raw, but has impressive pass rushing skills. Would fit nicely with Wake as bookends at OLB. Addison is a hustle player with a team first attitude. He knows how to use leverage on the edge. He broke his hand against UAB, but should be good to go by training camp(if there is one:D)
Round 7(b):
**Chris Prosinski**Prosinski ended his career with the Cowboys #4 leader in tackles(343) and was elected to the All-MWC 2nd team. This season he ranked #3 in the MWC and #42 in the nation with 9 tkls/game. His 108 total tackles led the Cowboys this season. He has a combined total of 248 tkls. the last two seasons. Listed as a FS, might be better as SS.
Round 7(c):
**Chase Reynolds**
Could he be the next Danny Woodhead? IDK, he is a little taller. His career stats at UM are 4067yds. rushing, 5.1ypc., 52TDs, 95recs., 864yds., 9.1ypc., and 7TDs. Reynolds is blessed with great vision which allows him to improvise in the hole. His RS year he was a WR and the reason for his excellent hands. The kid has heart and he will take on anyone. You don't see him running sideways or backwards often. His shoulders are almost always square to the LOS. While he is not extremely fast(4.54/40), he has the traits that separates RBs: instant acceleration and explosive.
Priority UDFA:
**Darian Barnes OLB**

JRoX85
04-15-2011, 06:14 PM
not to bad I like Todman in rd 2 far bette than Leshoure, and I don't think Yates will be there in 6 plus we have Henne as a backup so taking 2qb's is a little ill advised.

postermaster
04-15-2011, 06:47 PM
It would be a draft dream for me, I would just want to take DJ Williams as well!!

BlueFin
04-15-2011, 06:48 PM
I don't believe Mallett will be there at 25.

Finfanforever
04-15-2011, 06:55 PM
To get Mallett at 25 would be the bomb! But seriously I see Miami stuck at #15 and they take Mallett anyway.

Thumper1016
04-15-2011, 07:19 PM
If they are sold that Mallet is the guy then why risk trading down and not getting him?

AZStryker
04-15-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm tired of trading back to get quantity over quality. Honestly, if Mallet really is our guy, I'd rather trade up to get him. That being said, he'll probably fall right into our laps at 15 and we can get a back in the third.

JC
04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
not to bad I like Todman in rd 2 far bette than Leshoure, and I don't think Yates will be there in 6 plus we have Henne as a backup so taking 2qb's is a little ill advised.

Leshoure > Todman. Period.

X-Pacolypse
04-15-2011, 09:01 PM
If they really believe that Mallett is their guy, then take him at #15. Don't get cute and hope he'll fall if you trade down.

TKAllDay
04-15-2011, 09:04 PM
That would be our dream draft. I just hope we get our QB/TE/HB/HB/OG

JC
04-16-2011, 01:27 AM
If they really believe that Mallett is their guy, then take him at #15. Don't get cute and hope he'll fall if you trade down.

Agreed. Some players just happen to fall into a teams lap but we shouldn't make it intentional that he falls to us. We are at a good spot at 15 to pick Mallett. I don't give a **** what the scouts say or whether people think it is a reach, if Mallett is their guy then they need to make sure that they get him. If he does get picked by us, I just hope he can keep his head on straight and quickly embrace the role as a leader. That is exactly what this team needs.

Kdawg954
04-16-2011, 07:57 AM
I mean Colin Kaepernick could be there guy, doesn't mean we should take him at 15 if we can trade down and pick up another 2nd rounder. Mallet is being projected as a 2nd rounder, if you can trade back and get him and pick up a 2nd rounder that would be awesome.

I understand the worry though, hell I have been projecting him to 12 at Minnesota since January . . . but basing off other mocks and draft experts on TV, you would swear he isn't going to sniff the first round . . . and if you can pick up an additional pick, it doesn't hurt to look at trade down options.

hooshoops
04-16-2011, 08:59 AM
the closer we get to the actual draft the more i'm thinking minnesota goes dline at pick #12...either dt or de...

anyways...dk what player exactly would seattle be coming up to #15 for and giving up #25 and their late 2nd rounder??? at qb i'm hearing they like dalton and mallett so its possible if you trade with them they take mallett from under your nose

DKphin
04-16-2011, 04:59 PM
the closer we get to the actual draft the more i'm thinking minnesota goes dline at pick #12...either dt or de...

anyways...dk what player exactly would seattle be coming up to #15 for and giving up #25 and their late 2nd rounder??? at qb i'm hearing they like dalton and mallett so its possible if you trade with them they take mallett from under your noseSeattle definitely has a need at QB, but I think a bigger need is at CB. With both Amukamara and Patrick Peterson gone I think they will likely try to trade up to secure Jimmy Smith, who they are high on. JMHO. Plus, last year they swapped 2nd rd picks and gave up a 3rd for Whitehurst. That is alot to give up on a guy after one year. So I think they will still try to develop him and maybe get someone later in the draft.

zach8111
04-16-2011, 05:30 PM
I'm tired of trading back to get quantity over quality. Honestly, if Mallet really is our guy, I'd rather trade up to get him. That being said, he'll probably fall right into our laps at 15 and we can get a back in the third.

why trade up for a guy that will be there at 15... too many gms are concerned about his character to take him in top 15 picks

uga3406
04-16-2011, 06:56 PM
I like Locke a lot..great player with tons of upside

finfan54
04-16-2011, 07:42 PM
Why wouldnt seattle consider mallett? they consider locker! why not mallett. not happenin. We need to trade down before seattle if talkin QB.

edaniel1717
04-16-2011, 09:07 PM
Take Mallet at #15... its a gift... other teams are interested in Mallet-- and teams can trade up... so if the Fins want him... take him at #15... sign a free agent as your "2nd round pick"

DKphin
04-17-2011, 06:49 PM
Take Mallet at #15... its a gift... other teams are interested in Mallet-- and teams can trade up... so if the Fins want him... take him at #15... sign a free agent as your "2nd round pick"
The only problem is if the players and the owners do not resolve the labor dispute, there will not be any FA.

matt11390
04-17-2011, 07:06 PM
It would be a draft dream for me, I would just want to take DJ Williams as well!!

Pretty good draft except for this major point. We need a TE in round 3 or 4. Williams, Cameron, or the kid from FA should be there in one of those 2 rounds.

retarmyfinfan
04-18-2011, 09:57 AM
I would be happy with that draft.

Aqua and Orange
04-18-2011, 11:18 AM
As much as I would love this mock to happen, no way Mallett and LeShoure go to one team. That would require several teams passing on both, and LeShoure's stock is soaring up with the Ingram bum knee rumors.

justdev7
04-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Mario Addison is a great late pick. I also think he will be a Dolphin unless we regain a 2nd rounder. I didn't think anyone paid attention to the thread I started about him.