PDA

View Full Version : Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake....HUGE!

Pages : [1] 2

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:10 AM
It will not happen!

JayFin327
04-17-2011, 10:20 AM
....And so would drafting a Heisman winning RB with a bad knee and a OG/C that can't snap the ball without hitting some part of his leg.....who do you suggest we draft then?? I would gamble on Mallet given his intangibles alone.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:23 AM
If they would draft a QB in round one and reach I would take Colin Kaepernick over Mallett

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:26 AM
But if it were me I would play it safe and take the player of need and the position of need and it so happens he is ranked somewhere about where we will draft and that is Ingram. Yes, I would draft him.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:34 AM
I would stay away from drafting a QB if I were Jeff, because if he does draft a QB early it would instantly polarize the team. All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth and throw the management under the bus….

What Miami has lacked over the years is stability and I for one do not want to see this good young GM roasted by impatient fans that can't discern that this management team has done a pretty good job and deserve the time needed to complete the job.

I also feel the same for Henne, he deserves a chance to complete his contract with Miami too.....His play has not been as bad as many (who want change) claim.

REAL DEAL
04-17-2011, 10:35 AM
No, I would not take him at 15. Now if you trade down and he is there at say 20 to 25 then I take another look.

state06
04-17-2011, 10:36 AM
I would stay away from drafting a QB if I were Jeff, because if he does draft a QB early it would instantly polarize the team. All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth and throw the management under the bus….

and what do you think will happen if we didnt draft a QB and Henne performs like he did last year?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:43 AM
I didn't say I would not bring in a QB for competition. I would bring in a FA Veteran QB when all is said and done and open up the job for competition...

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 10:45 AM
If I were Jeff and Sparano, I would draft a QB because that pretty much guarantees you another year with a job.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:47 AM
If I were Jeff and Sparano, I would draft a QB because that pretty much guarantees you another year with a job.

Really? R U Serious?........

Get real!

They draft a rookie QB early and they are done!

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 10:50 AM
But if they keep the team they have in tact, add more talent and speed on offense. Maintain the defense or improve it. They will make the playoffs.....If not they still would have fewer pieces to fill next year......if they survive the onslaught.

But making the playoffs would assure them more time to complete the job.

Spesh
04-17-2011, 10:51 AM

What Miami has lacked over the years is stability and I for one do not want to see this good young GM roasted by impatient fans that can't discern that this management team has done a pretty good job and deserve the time needed to complete the job.

Stability is nothing when it leads to consistent mediocrity.

I want the team polarized. I want the locker room tense. I want people speaking through the media. I want Marshall to inevitably say something foolish on the subject(we all know it would happen eventually). I want the problem San Diego, Philly, and New England had: to many good quarterbacks. Because im sick and tired of not having a single decent one.

We've been playing it safe for over 10 years. How has it turned out?

Bonedoc7777
04-17-2011, 10:57 AM
if he is a bust yes, but if he is dan marino that would suck

finfan75
04-17-2011, 10:58 AM
What makes you an expert? Come on even the so called experts get it wrong...

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:01 AM
"Stability is nothing when it leads to consistent mediocrity"

Miami is not a mediocre team, they are one of the upcoming young teams in the NFL and the youngest in our division, they have fixed our Defense in the past few Drafts and Now it's time to focus on offense.....They have good WR's a good TE', the Best LT in the game, a very good RT, a very good veteran RB who is a FA (they should bring back)... so I do not see our offense that far away from being very good to hopefully great.

As soon as they get close you impatient fans demand change. And we start all over again.

noworries
04-17-2011, 11:01 AM
They're gonna do whatever they can to trade down from #15. My gut tells me this is all to entice a QB hungry team to trade up to 15 for a QB. I just don't think they'll pul the trigger on QB at 15. JMO

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:04 AM
What makes you an expert? Come on even the so called experts get it wrong...

Not sure if this is directed to me, but if so....

I do not claim to be an expert, I am a diehard fan just like most of us here....

Just giving you my opinion on the subject at hand....

state06
04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
there are some slim pickings in FA at QB. IMO the best way to open up a competition would be to bring in a rookie with a big arm. there is value at RB all through the draft, but there is a serious QB drop off after round 1.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 11:05 AM
Why do we care what Markeyh thinks the Dolphins should or shouldn't do again? Someone remind me.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:10 AM
Why do we care what Markeyh thinks the Dolphins should or shouldn't do again? Someone remind me.

Ahhh...my nemesis chimes in!

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

I can ask the same of you CK......

CNNChris
04-17-2011, 11:10 AM
sounds like CK (above) is upset at markeyh's comment about him like an angry middle schooler lol. Grow up dude.

Why do we care what anyone thinks? Because this is a FORUM, this is what people DO, they give their opinions. If you dont want to listen to others, dont be on a forum. Thats what we're here for. Give and take constructive criticism; CK and Boomer write some good posts, but god forbid if you ever criticize either of the guys, they turn into angry little girls.

Its a forum! Grow up.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Henne isn't the answer. Draft Mallett. Hell our team is very likely the one's trying to drive his stock down so that we can get him. Henne doesn't have the vision or moxy to be the leader this team needs. Ross told our front office to think of long term gains when they draft. This signals that they don't have to try and win the whole things next year, but he wants to set this team up for success down the road.
Let me ask you this: What FA QB do you think will put this team over the top? Orton will not be available because Denver knows Tebow isn't the one. Kolb has too high of an asking price and the Bengals are not letting Palmer walk for cheap. So who is your golden goose?

Spesh
04-17-2011, 11:13 AM

Miami is not a mediocre team, they are one of the upcoming young teams in the NFL and the youngest in our division, they have fixed our Defense in the past few Drafts and Now it's time to focus on offense.....They have good WR's a good TE', the Best LT in the game, a very good RT, a very good veteran RB who is a FA (they should bring back)... so I do not see our offense that far away from being very good to hopefully great.

As soon as they get close you impatient fans demand change. And we start all over again.

You are what your record says you are. 7-9 is mediocre. Picking 12th and 15th in a draft of 32 is mediocre.

We find a franchise quarterback, its not starting over. Its finishing the puzzle.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 11:13 AM

---------- Post added at 10:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Whose nemesis?

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 11:15 AM
sounds like CK (above) is upset at markeyh's comment about him like an angry middle schooler lol. Grow up dude.

Why do we care what anyone thinks? Because this is a FORUM, this is what people DO, they give their opinions. If you dont want to listen to others, dont be on a forum. Thats what we're here for. Give and take constructive criticism; CK and Boomer write some good posts, but god forbid if you ever criticize either of the guys, they turn into angry little girls.

Its a forum! Grow up.

What a bunch of powder puff nonsense from an ignorant malcontent. You come out of the woodwork just to take shots at people? LOL. Really?

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 11:16 AM

Well honestly we can start by saying that CK backs up his opinions with hours worth of work breaking down film and explaining his point of view within each video. CK garners respect here because he puts the time in. You think that badge of "best poster of the year" comes easy? I can promise you it does not.
How about SHOW us why Henne is the one, or why Mallett is not. CK has done this time and time again.
You are an apple, he is an orange............get my drift?

Comparing yourself to CK is like throwing a whale a tic tac

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:16 AM
Most ROOKIE QB's take years to develop; Miami’s already invested two years of starting in Henne.
It just seems to me the wise choice would be to allow him his 3rd year of starting (most say that is when a young QB starts to show dividends) rather than scarp him out for some unproved College QB who the odds say most likely will not do any better……
To me it would set the team back two years. That is why I would seek out the best option in the FA market to compete with Henne, and draft a young QB like Colin in maybe round 3 or 4 and let him compete against the QB who lost out as the starter.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:18 AM
I actually don't think we need to be looking at QB this year I want Henne to get another shot this year with the NEW OC...

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:21 AM
Well honestly we can start by saying that CK backs up his opinions with hours worth of work breaking down film and explaining his point of view within each video. CK garners respect here because he puts the time in. You think that badge of "best poster of the year" comes easy? I can promise you it does not.
How about SHOW us why Henne is the one, or why Mallett is not. CK has done this time and time again.

I find him longwinded and boring.....

I also did not attack him he attacked me with his post....I just responded. And I never compared myself to him.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I think first and foremost the phins will try and trade back............then if the guy they covet (I think it's #1 Mallett, #2 Ponder) happens to be there when they pick they will pull the trigger. If both guys are gone i believe it then becomes BPA, and heck that could be a DE.
Didn't you guys see Henne got YANKED last season? Coaches don't pull a QB just for fun. At that very point they showed their lack of confidence in him.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 11:22 AM
I actually don't think we need to be looking at QB this year I want Henne to get another shot this year with the NEW OC...

you're going to be in for some major dissapointment. Henne sucked at Michigan, he'll always stink in the NFL. He's a backup.

dolfin530
04-17-2011, 11:24 AM
It will not happen!

I agree

ckparrothead

I also did not attack him he attacked me with his post....I just responded. And I never compared myself to him.

Yes...clearly.

All next year the media and these unbalanced fans (CK) would be foaming at the mouth

Didn't attack me at all.

Forgive me I'm about to do an appearance on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket with Cecil Lammey. You all can listen in at http://www.denversportsstation.com/ if you want.

Vaark
Too many parallels between Mallett as a mid teen, solidly-built 2nd or 3rd QB taken off the board with Josh Freeman and Joe Flacco who turned out to be arguably the best QBs in their draft classes, to NOT to avoid pulling the trigger on Mallett if no one beats us to him!

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 11:25 AM
Do you really think were gonna win with a QB that people say is easy to read? I think not.
But if they keep the team they have in tact, add more talent and speed on offense. Maintain the defense or improve it. They will make the playoffs.....If not they still would have fewer pieces to fill next year......if they survive the onslaught.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 11:26 AM
Sparano benched Henne twice last season and with the season on the line he sent him to the bench in favor of Pennington. He's done.

josekareh
04-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I like Kaepernick, he would be good somewhere in rd 2 (again)

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:28 AM
I think first and foremost the phins will try and trade back............then if the guy they covet (I think it's #1 Mallett, #2 Ponder) happens to be there when they pick they will pull the trigger. If both guys are gone i believe it then becomes BPA, and heck that could be a DE.
Didn't you guys see Henne got YANKED last season? Coaches don't pull a QB just for fun. At that very point they showed their lack of confidence in him.
I also seen the OLD OC call stupid play after play and he was fired/ forced to retire, I also seen the Running game tank, I also seen the O-Line decimated through injuries and cuts that made no sense......

nyfinzfan
04-17-2011, 11:31 AM
Ive joined The Ponder bandwagon....all aboard!

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:32 AM
Like I said I hope they don't waste a pick this year on a QB early in the Draft.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 11:36 AM

I can respect your opinion for sure. I think many folks here believe in Henne. Heck i used to be one of them.
His (CK) posts are long winded for the average fan, that is for sure. But to build a case for your opinion takes time and commitment, just like at a job in the real world. If you take a hair brain scheme to your boss as proof that some kind of change is needed they (if they're worth a damn) aren't going to give you the time of day. If you go into your boss' office with proof of why something will work, or why something will not work and you break down, in a constructive fashion, your reasons why things should change and can prove validity of your point your boss will listen to you rather than disount your opinion from the get go.
Sorry was that too long winded?

39wildman
04-17-2011, 11:37 AM
i agree i think fan need back off little bit to. we are not going to superbowl yet. why go to playoff and get blowout? still some hole to fill. very young team even qb. had one good yr. one bad year. this yr should be better for him

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:37 AM
Do you really think were gonna win with a QB that people say is easy to read? I think not.

It's a team game and I feel Miami should just focus on adding more young talent around Henne for this year and if they fail to make the playoffs then Draft a QB in the first round next year while the Veteran QB they add this year finish the season...and mentor the rookie we draft next year.

They should Draft the BPA (OFFENSIVE) other than QB...... RB, O-GUARD/T, C, TE, WR/Return Man

Vaark
04-17-2011, 11:38 AM

I'd be comfortable with Ponder who's giving off those Brees vibes, as well as with Mallett, who like Marino seems to have little wrong with him other than rumor and innuendos... maybe even Locker at the right price although with that one, i'd rather have a qb coach mentoring him who's not a recycled receiver coach

Spesh
04-17-2011, 11:40 AM
Most ROOKIE QB's take years to develop; Miami’s already invested two years of starting in Henne.
It just seems to me the wise choice would be to allow him his 3rd year of starting (most say that is when a young QB starts to show dividends) rather than scarp him out for some unproved College QB who the odds say most likely will not do any better……
To me it would set the team back two years. That is why I would seek out the best option in the FA market to compete with Henne, and draft a young QB like Colin in maybe round 3 or 4 and let him compete against the QB who lost out as the starter.

Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford disagree with that statement.

Even if it does take a year or two, i'd rather have a promising young quarterback ready for the next 14 years ready then have nothing ready and bet it all on a quarterback who hasn't shown growth.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I have to say CK.................you are kind of working against us fans of Mallett!!! I mean if some other teamhears what you have to say you could sway their opinion on taking him. Minnesota picks before us and you did this piece in that state!!!! AHHHHHHH the irony!

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I can respect your opinion for sure. I think many folks here believe in Henne. Heck i used to be one of them.
His (CK) posts are long winded for the average fan, that is for sure. But to build a case for your opinion takes time and commitment, just like at a job in the real world. If you take a hair brain scheme to your boss as proof that some kind of change is needed they (if they're worth a damn) aren't going to give you the time of day. If you go into your boss' office with proof of why something will work, or why something will not work and you break down, in a constructive fashion, your reasons why things should change and can prove validity of your point your boss will listen to you rather than disount your opinion from the get go.
Sorry was that too long winded?

Ultimately it's just an opinion and I am not being paid for mine, CK must be.....

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:42 AM
Josh Freeman, Matt Ryan, Joe Flacco, Sam Bradford, and Matt Stafford disagree with that statement.

Even if it does take a year or two, i'd rather have a promising young quarterback ready for the next 14 years ready then have nothing ready and bet it all on a quarterback who hasn't shown growth.

Miami don't have a year or two to take steps backward.....

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 11:45 AM
When it comes down to it, there is no FA right now so you can't rely on filling holes there, so it has to be filled by draft. Our coaching staff has made it very clear that they don't have much faith in Henne. I believe due to the fact that we don't have a second round pick, that if we can't trade out of the 15 spot Mallett could very well be the pick. After the Second rd the QB list will be very slim and probably wouldnt even challenge Henne. As far as Ingram goes, I think value can be found later with minimal talent difference. In today's NFL you have to be able to spread the field and force defenses to fear you. No one fears nor will fear Henne he's average, always has and always will.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:50 AM
When it comes down to it, there is no FA right now so you can't rely on filling holes there, so it has to be filled by draft. Our coaching staff has made it very clear that they don't have much faith in Henne. I believe due to the fact that we don't have a second round pick, that if we can't trade out of the 15 spot Mallett could very well be the pick. After the Second rd the QB list will be very slim and probably wouldnt even challenge Henne. As far as Ingram goes, I think value can be found later with minimal talent difference. In today's NFL you have to be able to spread the field and force defenses to fear you. No one fears nor will fear Henne he's average, always has and always will.

What I find strange is many say Henne sucks but they can't seem to name a FA QB who would be an upgrade.....

If the guy sucks it should be an easy answer....shouldn't it?
Or is it what it really is....that Henne is a young QB (JUST 25 years old) who Miami's trying to develop and some just lack patience???

studsatele
Ultimately it's just an opinion and I am not being paid for mine, CK must be.....What do you have against ck?

Spesh

Didnt you just post about how we have one of the younger teams in the NFL? And the preferable results are more years of finishing around .500?

Take the year "backwards". If we have to struggle for a year but then are competative for the next 10, thats a win.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 11:51 AM
It's a team game and I feel Miami should just focus on adding more young talent around Henne for this year and if they fail to make the playoffs then Draft a QB in the first round next year while the Veteran QB they add this year finish the season...and mentor the rookie we draft next year.

They should Draft the BPA (OFFENSIVE) other than QB...... RB, O-GUARD/T, C, TE, WR/Return Man

if they don't make the playoffs everyone will be fired.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 11:53 AM
What I find strange is many say Henne sucks but they can't seem to name a FA QB who would be an upgrade.....

Or is it what it really is....that Henne is a young QB (JUST 25 years old) who Miami's trying to develop and some just lack patience???

most of the free agent QB's are either old or very expensive.

Strangeworld
04-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Like I said I hope they don't waste a pick this year on a QB early in the Draft.

yea we wouldn't want to risk getting a franchise QB... much better to miss the playoffs 8 of ten years

Spesh
04-17-2011, 11:54 AM
Yes...clearly.

Didn't attack me at all.

Forgive me I'm about to do an appearance on Denver's 102.3 The Ticket with Cecil Lammey. You all can listen in at http://www.denversportsstation.com/ if you want.

Nice interview, its good to see credit being given to where its due, but now im anxious to see this debate with Burmeister youve mentioned. As well, im going to be severly disappointed if you had a chance to punch Jamie Dukes and passed on it.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
most of the free agent QB's are either old or very expensive.
More expensive than drafting an unknown/unproven rookie QB in the first round…???

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 11:56 AM
I have yet to say Henne sucks I said he's average and average ain't gonna win us a superbowl.That's the goal. And it's hard to be patient when your times running out.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Aaron Rodgers his first year starting even after sitting and learning for 3 years had some adjusting to do, his first year was ok but many Packer Fans Hated him and wanted Favre.......
But the Packers supported him and 6 years later He wins a SB...

Henne's been a starter for just two years......

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:06 PM
I have yet to say Henne sucks I said he's average and average ain't gonna win us a superbowl.That's the goal. And it's hard to be patient when your times running out.
I say he's just young and growing....and too many fans are just impatient. I also fault much of Miami's failures last year on a host of things that had NOTHING to do with Henne.

dolpns13
It will not happen!

Ok, and your reasons?

ckparrothead
I have to say CK.................you are kind of working against us fans of Mallett!!! I mean if some other teamhears what you have to say you could sway their opinion on taking him. Minnesota picks before us and you did this piece in that state!!!! AHHHHHHH the irony!

Hah, I doubt the teams give two squirts what I think. I'm not that big-headed.

Bartowboy
Don't compare Henne with Aaron rodgers.

jtoomuch
04-17-2011, 12:08 PM
I don't feel that taking a chance on Mallett would necessarily be a mistake. I don't claim to be an expert, just a fan, but it seems that all the negatives about him are vague and unproven, and the positives are undeniable. As you guys know, the reports on him are similar to the ones on a QB in the past that turned out pretty well for us. We have a lot of good players on this team already. I understand the risk, but if there is say a 25% chance that this guy is a stud qb then pull the damn trigger. I am sick of safe, conservative "value" picks. Time to roll the dice for a change. If the worst comes true and he sucks, we wasted a pick. We have certainly done that before.

Austin Tatious
04-17-2011, 12:09 PM
Link to CK's interview. I'm firing it up now.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=45#vmix_media_id=53719311

Strangeworld
Aaron Rodgers his first year starting even after sitting and learning for 3 years had some adjusting to do, his first year was ok but many Packer Fans Hated him and wanted Favre.......
But the Packers supported him and 6 years later He wins a SB...

YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

2008 GB 16 341 536 63.6 4038 7.5 28 71 13 6 93.8

Yep Rogers's first year stats are reeeeaaaaal similar to Henne's

ckparrothead
Nice interview, its good to see credit being given to where its due, but now im anxious to see this debate with Burmeister youve mentioned. As well, im going to be severly disappointed if you had a chance to punch Jamie Dukes and passed on it.

Hah, it was a satellite interview. Burmeister and I really went at it, was good TV. No hard feelings tho, just representing different viewpoints.

Austin Tatious
04-17-2011, 12:11 PM
CK, did you do the Burmeister interview from Dolphins headquarters?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:13 PM
YEAR TEAM G CMP ATT PCT YDS AVG TD LNG INT FUM RAT

2008 GB 16 341 536 63.6 4038 7.5 28 71 13 6 93.8

Yep Rogers's first year stats are reeeeaaaaal similar to Henne's

I never said that......

I do wonder "IF" Henne had a chance to sit and mature for 3 years would he have faired better...

I also wonder if it's to early to give up on Henne too...

RockyMtnPhinfan
Link to CK's interview. I'm firing it up now.

http://www.denverssportsstation.com/page.php?page_id=45#vmix_media_id=53719311

Props to you CK, nice interview as i listened to it live. The interviewer prides himself on being ALL football guy and he liked your opinions very much.

Bartowboy
In my opinion Malletts talent alone is worth the 15th pick. The has a cannon and can make every throw needed.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 12:15 PM
More expensive than drafting an unknown/unproven rookie QB in the first round…???

yes.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:18 PM
yes.

Even if that draft is a bust?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:20 PM
http://www.rgj.com/article/20110417/SPORTS06/104170341/1459/liv06/NFL-draft-Selecting-QB-an-inexact-science?odyssey=nav%7Chead

But quarterbacks picked early in the draft over the past couple of decades have leaned a lot heavier on busts than booms.
We'll let the numbers tell this story.
In the past 15 years, 20 quarterbacks have been selected with top-10 picks in the NFL draft.
Of those 20 selections, seven have been clear-cut busts. You know their names: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart and JaMarcus Russell.
Another three have been clear disappointments: Alex Smith, Vince Young and Byron Leftwich.
Then there are guys who have had average careers like Carson Palmer or are too-early-to-tell projects like Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.
Looking for a bona fide Hall of Famer?
There aren't many. Peyton Manning, for sure. Perhaps Philip Rivers, Michael Vick or Eli Manning one day.
And all of these quarterbacks are the cream of the crop first-rounders.

Go a little deeper in the first round and you run into disasters like Cade McNown (No. 12 pick), Kyle Boller (No. 19), J.P. Losman (No. 22), Brady Quinn (No. 22), Rex Grossman (No. 22) and Jim Druckenmiller (No. 26).
Of the 36 quarterbacks selected in the first round in the past 15 years, only one has been a first-team All-Pro: Peyton Manning.

Phinatic8u
04-17-2011, 12:21 PM

:lol:

We have no good TE, our RT is a bum and our QB is a bum.

Oh and were a mediocre team, plain and simple.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 12:22 PM
Listen here's the thing about taking a QB high this year. If Henne turns out to be the goods, he'll play...and he'll KEEP playing. This lockout is on, and Mallett wouldn't get to have a full off season learning the offense. Nobody's a Day 1 starter, not even a guy with as high a Football IQ as Ryan Mallett. Henne will HAVE his chances no matter WHAT the Dolphins do at #15 with respect to QB or no QB. At worst, you can say that Henne's leash will be short at maybe the first 8 games, and from there they might start tossing Mallett out there if they don't feel Henne is the goods.

So then logically all you people who don't want a QB at #15 can say is maybe you're doing Chad Henne a disservice by not giving him a talent at #15 that will help him play well in those first 8 games. Well...how GOOD do you expect that #15 pick to play in the first half of his rookie season? I mean, we just drafted Jared Odrick 1st round, got nothing out of him. Nobody seems to care about that. We grab Mike Pouncey or Gabe Carimi to play LG...how much do those players legitimately help Chad Henne in the first half of the year? Not THAT much.

Chad Henne's going to be on a short leash regardless. This will be the dude's FOURTH year in the league. By the end of his 8th game this year he'll have played in 38 games and will have 1200+ throws under his belt. Shouldn't that be enough time to get an idea of what this guy is going to be?

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 12:23 PM
CK, did you do the Burmeister interview from Dolphins headquarters?

Yessir. NFL Network stashes an HD cam there they keep in a little cubicle with a backdrop, they have guys do satellite interviews there. I did my interview there.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Props to you CK, nice interview as i listened to it live. The interviewer prides himself on being ALL football guy and he liked your opinions very much.

I know Cecil pretty well. He is definitely a football guy, lives it, breathes it. I can't even tell you how many Denver Broncos games he has recorded in his library. Hundreds.

Casas9425
04-17-2011, 12:24 PM
Even if that draft is a bust?

how do you know he'll be a bust? an elite skill set like his doesn't fall off a tree. 69 TD's in 2 years in the SEC is impressive.

Dogbone34
04-17-2011, 12:26 PM
he has the highest value at #15

mallet will be a miami dolphin

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 12:27 PM
he has the highest value at #15

mallet will be a miami dolphin

I think he has the highest potential value as well.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:28 PM
Henne is our bird in Hand

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:32 PM
how do you know he'll be a bust? an elite skill set like his doesn't fall off a tree. 69 TD's in 2 years in the SEC is impressive.
Because I do not consider anything he's done in College ball as a sure thing he can do it in the NFL and specifically the AFC East, from what I have read about him is he lacks mobility....If that is the case NE and The Jets will eat him for lunch.......

That is why I would wait and take Colin Kaepernick in round 3 or later if he should fall...

Phinatic8u

Omar Kelly, is that you?

ckparrothead

And he'd continue to be the bird in hand even if you take a QB at #15. If he deserves to start, he'll keep starting.

Phinatic8u
04-17-2011, 12:33 PM
Because I do not consider anything he's done in College ball as a sure thing he can do it in the NFL and specifically the AFC East, from what I have read about him is he lacks mobility....If that is the case NE and The Jets will eat him for lunch.......

Exactly why you have no idea what your talking about.

I WATCHED him play, he is very mobile inside the pocket.

Phinatic8u
04-17-2011, 12:34 PM
And he'd continue to be the bird in hand even if you take a QB at #15. If he deserves to start, he'll keep starting.

Henne IMO doesn't deserve another shot. He's done in Miami, or should be.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:39 PM
Listen here's the thing about taking a QB high this year. If Henne turns out to be the goods, he'll play...and he'll KEEP playing. This lockout is on, and Mallett wouldn't get to have a full off season learning the offense. Nobody's a Day 1 starter, not even a guy with as high a Football IQ as Ryan Mallett. Henne will HAVE his chances no matter WHAT the Dolphins do at #15 with respect to QB or no QB. At worst, you can say that Henne's leash will be short at maybe the first 8 games, and from there they might start tossing Mallett out there if they don't feel Henne is the goods.

So then logically all you people who don't want a QB at #15 can say is maybe you're doing Chad Henne a disservice by not giving him a talent at #15 that will help him play well in those first 8 games. Well...how GOOD do you expect that #15 pick to play in the first half of his rookie season? I mean, we just drafted Jared Odrick 1st round, got nothing out of him. Nobody seems to care about that. We grab Mike Pouncey or Gabe Carimi to play LG...how much do those players legitimately help Chad Henne in the first half of the year? Not THAT much.

Chad Henne's going to be on a short leash regardless. This will be the dude's FOURTH year in the league. By the end of his 8th game this year he'll have played in 38 games and will have 1200+ throws under his belt. Shouldn't that be enough time to get an idea of what this guy is going to be?
The problem is that as soon as Henne have ONE BAD game the calls will be for Mallett to replace him, and now we have another young QB who will be tossed to the Lions way to early, only because he was drafted in the first round…..
And by then the season will tailspin into a mess and Heads WILL roll...

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:42 PM

Omar Kelly, is that you?

No, I am not Omar....

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 12:47 PM
If they Draft a RB @ 15 he could start right away and show dividends and also fill a need IMO. That is why I have RB as our biggets need for #15....

I like most of you hope they can trade down.....

If they do and Ingram is there I still would take him.....if not Pouncey, or some other Interior linemen would be my choice...

But IF I were Ireland I would NOT Draft a QB in round one under any circumstances

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 01:00 PM
It would not be smart to draft a RB at 15, not when u can get a decent player later
If they Draft a RB @ 15 he could start right away and show dividends and also fill a need IMO. That is why I have RB as our biggets need for #15....

I like most of you hope they can trade down.....

If they do and Ingram is there I still would take him.....if not Pouncey, or some other Interior linemen would be my choice...

But IF I were Ireland I would NOT Draft a QB in round one under any circumstances

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 01:02 PM
But if it were me I would play it safe and take the player of need and the position of need and it so happens he is ranked somewhere about where we will draft and that is Ingram. Yes, I would draft him.

Well this explains it all, I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well. You still haven't absorbed that Backs are much easier filled with later picks than QB's are, this is not a position you should draft this high unless your getting someone really special. From what I saw the backups at Alabama ran just as well when Ingram was out as he did, like it or not Saban has recruited great talent at Alabama and they tend to dominate many of their opponents.

I would not draft Ingram at 15, even if the degenerative knee situation was not in play.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:09 PM
Well this explains it all, I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well. You still haven't absorbed that Backs are much easier filled with later picks than QB's are, this is not a position you should draft this high unless your getting someone really special. From what I saw the backups at Alabama ran just as well when Ingram was out as he did, like it or not Saban has recruited great talent at Alabama and they tend to dominate many of their opponents.

I would not draft Ingram at 15, even if the degenerative knee situation was not in play.
Well if you look at the history of Ireland's drafts you will see that they took the player at the position of need and that was graded around that spot taken....

J Long, V, Davis, J Ordick.........

Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????

To me it defies logic....

But that's just my opinion.....

Spesh
04-17-2011, 01:11 PM
The problem is that as soon as Henne have ONE BAD game the calls will be for Mallett to replace him, and now we have another young QB who will be tossed to the Lions way to early, only because he was drafted in the first round…..

The fans will call for him to be replaced. Thats just the way it is. Now, if Sparano listens to the fans during his decision making processes and bends to public opinion, then the coach should be fired. If our coaching staff throws players to the wolves before they are ready, their heads DESERVE to roll.

If Henne suddenly has an epiphany and "gets it", he wont be benched. If he is winning us games, he wont be benched. In that scenario, we then turn around and trade the lesser of our two options and make out like a king in draft picks. The Falcons got 2 second round picks and swapped first rounders after spending a 3rd round pick on Matt Shaub. The Patriots got a second round pick for Matt Cassel(and that was a discount, as it looked like multiple teams offered a first) after spending a lowly 7th on him. The Eagles look to be making bank on Kevin Kolb after spending a second round pick on him.

None of those situations seem to shabby, huh? Now, if we heed your word and keep trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, how will that turn out? Wait, weve already seen that movie. Its labelled the "Dave Wannstedt era" with a sufficating defense, bruising run game, and utterly inept passing game. Why repeat past mistakes? Why wait until our play makers get old and we fall apart again? Why not take advantage of the relative youth of our team and find the final piece of the puzzle that makes us competative for 9 of the next 10 years(and thats if they struggle immediately, as recent quarterbacks have flurished)?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:12 PM
"I'm sure you were for drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers as well."

Yes, because "AT THE TIME" Running back was our greatest need....

Oh, but if we all had a crystal ball....:)

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 01:16 PM

Eventually, Miami has to take a chance on special, like Pitt with Ben (they were going nowhere with solid), like the Jets when they took Sanchize (going nowhere with solid players). Eventually, Miami must take chance on gamebreakers. It's not a step backwards, it's a roll of dice to push you through to the top.

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 01:18 PM
Some people just never learn.

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 01:19 PM
Well if you look at the history of Ireland's drafts you will see that they took the player at the position of need and that was graded around that spot taken....

Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????

I believe that if Ireland and Sparano go with Henne again, and he plays about the same as he has his whole career, the public outcry and response to the team will be to hang them for not getting the best QB prospect they could out of this draft. Parcells has already lamented passing on Ryan for Long, which is another way of saying they screwed up drafting Henne.

However, if they do draft a Ryan Mallett I believe it will buy them at least another season here in Miami.

I see sticking with Henne as a far greater gamble to this regime than finally giving the majority of fans and the owner what they want, which is a QB with playmaking potential and franchise quarterback potential.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:21 PM
The fans will call for him to be replaced. Thats just the way it is. Now, if Sparano listens to the fans during his decision making processes and bends to public opinion, then the coach should be fired. If our coaching staff throws players out to the wolves before they are ready, their heads DESERVE to roll.

If Henne suddenly has an epiphany and "gets it", he wont be benched. If he is winning us games, he wont be benched. In that scenario, we then turn around and trade the lesser of our two options and make out like a king in draft picks. The Falcons got 2 second round picks and swapped first rounders after spending a 3rd round pick on Matt Shaub. The Patriots got a second round pick for Matt Cassel(and that was a discount, as it looked like multiple teams offered a first) after spending a lowly 7th on him. The Eagles look to be making bank on Kevin Kolb after spending a second round pick on him.

None of those situations seem to shabby, huh? Now, if we heed your word and keep trying to pound a square peg into a round hole, how will that turn out? Wait, weve already seen that movie. Its labelled the "Dave Wannstedt era" with a sufficating defense, bruising run game, and utterly inept passing game. Why repeat past mistakes? Why wait until our play makers get old and we fall apart again? Why not take advantage of the relative youth of our team and find the final piece of the puzzle that makes us competative for 9 of the next 10 years(and thats if they struggle immediately, as recent quarterbacks have flurished)?

I've already said what I would do.......

I would pass on a QB in the Draft totally.. I would find a veteran QB to compete with Henne...Who knows who will be dumped after the Draft because many teams will be looking for a QB this year. I also have said I do not see Henne as a major problem so you need to at least understand that even if you do not agree. (Let’s agree to disagree) I would Draft as early as I can 2 RB's, 1 TE, Guard, Speedy WR/return guy.....and BPA from that point on maybe the best ILB I can get to push for Channing's job...

Spesh
04-17-2011, 01:24 PM

We had AJ Feeley at quarterback. Running back was not our greatest need.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:24 PM
Eventually, Miami has to take a chance on special, like Pitt with Ben (they were going nowhere with solid), like the Jets when they took Sanchize (going nowhere with solid players). Eventually, Miami must take chance on gamebreakers. It's not a step backwards, it's a roll of dice to push you through to the top.

" like the Jets when they took Sanchize"

The Jets have a better overall team that surrounds Sanchize" They did what they did despite Chez IMO...

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:30 PM
We had AJ Feeley at quarterback. Running back was not our greatest need.

Who were the RB's? Nick and JJ and Tony are RUN FIRST people and the RB is/was the primary position. So naturally Nick drafted a RB the best one he thought he could get...I do not regret having Ronnie Brown as A Dolphin player these past years...He was/is not a bust.

Bartowboy
04-17-2011, 01:30 PM
Continue to draft RBs high will doom this team, this isn't a running league anymore, you can continue to support Henne but when it comes down to it we finished third in the division with him behind center.
I would pass on a QB in the Draft totally.. I would find a veteran QB to compete with Henne...Who knows who will be dumped after the Draft because many teams will be looking for a QB this year. I also have said I do not see Henne as a major problem so you need to at least understand that even if you do not agree. (Let’s agree to disagree) I would Draft as early as I can 2 RB's, 1 TE, Guard, Speedy WR/return guy.....and BPA from that point on maybe the best ILB I can get to push for Channing's job...

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 01:33 PM

Ok fine, so you still believe in Henne. It reminds me of the Fielder faithful who were convinced and kept hanging on to the belief that he could lead us to the promise land...year after failed year. The regime then gave away the farm for a runningback(Ricky Williams) instead of making QB a priority....and we all know how that worked out.

Some people never learn from history, and if you don't you are doomed to repeat it they say.

Wannstedt took Fletcher over Brees, Saban repeated it drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, Parcells repeated it drafting Long over Ryan. So here we are again, and some want a runningback or a guard over a QB?

The history we need to repeat was drafting a QB in round 1, Dan Marino and Bob Griese before him....two hall of famers.

This is a QB driven league, now more than ever.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:39 PM
Continue to draft RBs high will doom this team, this isn't a running league anymore, you can continue to support Henne but when it comes down to it we finished third in the division with him behind center.
Balance is the key, teams need to be able to do BOTH run and pass good.......Who are our RB's as of this day? Who do we have under contract? I see no GREATER need for this team than RB....I also would still bring back Ronnie Brown....

I personally feel Mr. Ross forced Jeff and Tony to CUT COST last year and that is why they decimated the interior line and duped Ronnie out of his bonus money.....

Tell the Jets and the Ravens and Steelers that this is not a running league anymore....

How far did they go last year?

Spesh
04-17-2011, 01:40 PM

Oh i get that you would pass on a young potential franchise quarterback. This thread is titled "Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake".

I also get that you dont consider Henne a huge problem. You've made that very apparent. My stance is: how have we not seen this song and dance before? Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. You say we should magically bring in a competant veteran quarterback(do love how you just suggest it will happen, also love the line "who knows who will be dump" as justification for your prediction concerning the future of our team). We did that with Jay Fielder. Then, we did that with Brian Griese. And Gus Frerotte. And Joey Harrington. And Daunte' Culpepper. Then we went with the brilliant plan of drafting a young quarterback to be groomed behind a veteran. We drafted John Beck and traded for Trent Green. After that failed, we drafted Chad Henne and brought in Chad Pennington. Then Pat White. And even traded for Tyler Thigpen, another young quarterback that could enter the competition.

At what point do you say "ok, this just isn't working". Chad Henne will get a chance to start for us no matter what this season. This coaching staff has shown it will play (what they think) is the best player. That doesn't take into account the lockout preventing rookies from getting the time they would normally have. If Chad Henne turns it on, great! If he proves to be the second coming of Dan Marino, we ship off the rookie for a boatload of draft picks. Win win. But if he doesn't, we still have a potential franchise quarterback waiting and learning. I have no problem with our struggling for a single year if that means we will be in playoff contention for the following 9 years. I do have a problem with placing all our hopes on a quarterback that hasn't shown any significant growth in well over a year. Because we've been here before. Time and again. If our coaching staff cannot getting positive results from the quarterback position, they deserve to be fired. Its that simple.

We have a young, competative team. Dont let us waste that again.

Uruguayfinfan
04-17-2011, 01:40 PM
It's simple. It's do or die for this FO. They will draft the player who they feel most confident that will have an immediate impact in the game and will help us win more games than last year. Forget about those long term projects, because at least Sparano, has 1 year to demonstrate he's worth the trouble.

Who is it going to be? I'm not sure, it may be Ingram, Mallet, Kaepernick but I'm sure that these guys will think about that when drafting.
So, IMO the best question is, who is able to make right away impact on this team. I would draft a QB, followed by DeAngello Williams in FA, but that's my opinion which really doesn't matter anyways, only FO matters.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
Ok fine, so you still believe in Henne. It reminds me of the Fielder faithful who were convinced and kept hanging on to the belief that he could lead us to the promise land...year after failed year. The regime then gave away the farm for a runningback(Ricky Williams) instead of making QB a priority....and we all know how that worked out.

Some people never learn from history, and if you don't you are doomed to repeat it they say.

Wannstedt took Fletcher over Brees, Saban repeated it drafting Ronnie Brown over Aaron Rodgers, Parcells repeated it drafting Long over Ryan. So here we are again, and some want a runningback or a guard over a QB?

The history we need to repeat was drafting a QB in round 1, Dan Marino and Bob Griese before him....two hall of famers.

This is a QB driven league, now more than ever.

Like I said, I am not so sure that Henne is not that QB yet. This year will help convince me one way or the other. But if we did things my way I still don't see the problem because this team needs more talent on offense regardless...

I do not equate Henne with Jay Fiedler..... I was NOT a Fielder supporter. They won despite him IMO. But Henne's is just still to young to throw away....especially with what all went wrong on offense last year.....

mrbunglez
04-17-2011, 01:49 PM
Chad Henne is that you hiding behind the screen.

Skree
04-17-2011, 01:51 PM
Do you Mallett supporters really believe Jeff and Tony (Especially after last season) would put their jobs on the line and draft a Rookie QB in round one to sit behind Henne...? Really????NO.

I believe they will not draft a 1st rnd QB unless they are convinced that he can come in and compete for the starting spot at least at some point during the season.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh i get that you would pass on a young potential franchise quarterback. This thread is titled "Drafting Mallett Would Be A Huge Mistake".

I also get that you dont consider Henne a huge problem. You've made that very apparent. My stance is: how have we not seen this song and dance before? Einstein defined insanity as doing the same thing over and over again while expecting different results. You say we should magically bring in a competant veteran quarterback(do love how you just suggest it will happen, do love the line "who knows who will be dump" as justification for your prediction concerning the future of our team). We did that with Jay Fielder. Then, we did that with Brian Griese. And Gus Frerotte. And Joey Harrington. And Daunte' Culpepper. Then we went with the brilliant plan of drafting a young quarterback to be groomed behind a veteran. We drafted John Beck and traded for Trent Green. After that failed, we drafted Chad Henne and brought in Chad Pennington. Then Pat White. And even traded for Tyler Thigpen, another young quarterback that could enter the competition.

At what point do you say "ok, this just isn't working". Chad Henne will get a chance to start for us no matter what this season. This coaching staff has shown it will play (what they think) is the best player. That doesn't take into account the lockout preventing rookies from getting the time they would normally have. If Chad Henne turns it on, great! If he proves to be the second coming of Dan Marino, we ship off the rookie for a boatload of draft picks. Win win. But if he doesn't, we still have a potential franchise quarterback waiting and learning. I have no problem with our struggling for a single year if that means we will be in playoff contention for the following 9 years. I do have a problem with placing all our hopes on a quarterback that hasn't shown any significant growth in well over a year. Because we've been here before. Time and again. If our coaching staff cannot getting positive results from the quarterback position, they deserve to be fired. Its that simple.

We have a young, competative team. Dont let us waste that again.
Well until we can just dial 1-800-Franchize-QB I guess we just keep trying. But as for a QB we have drafted I do see Henne as the best one we’ve drafted since Marino...AND NO! I am not comparing him to Marino!!!!!!

I just don't think the "Henne Soup" has cooked long enough; it needs one more year of seasoning and the new Cook....
Many of you have YEARS of frustrations and fail to have the needed patience to let a management staff and our young developing players develop. I say Henne deserves more time. And I know I am not alone in that thought…

Skree
04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
And he'd continue to be the bird in hand even if you take a QB at #15. If he deserves to start, he'll keep starting.CK, I havn't been paying enough attention to enough threads to realize you have such dedicated haters.

Much respect !

TheBizzness
04-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Balance is the key, teams need to be able to do BOTH run and pass good.......Who are our RB's as of this day? Who do we have under contract? I see no GREATER need for this team than RB....I also would still bring back Ronnie Brown....

I personally feel Mr. Ross forced Jeff and Tony to CUT COST last year and that is why they decimated the interior line and duped Ronnie out of his bonus money.....

Tell the Jets and the Ravens and Steelers that this is not a running league anymore....

How far did they go last year?

All 3 of those teams drafted QBs in the first round and mendenhall is the only back drafted by all 3 combined in the first round

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 01:56 PM
But as for a QB we have drafted I do see Henne as the best one we’ve drafted since Marino...

That right there proves the failure of your "wait and see, and build the rest of team" approach.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:00 PM
That right there proves the failure of your "wait and see, and build the rest of team" approach.

Name another QB Miami's drafted since Marino that is better than Henne.....

finfan54
04-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Mallett will only be drafted IMO unless we trade down. I think there is good chance of that. It would absolutely awesome if we could trade down with SD and then NO. Then take Mallett. That would work for me. I think RB's can be had in 2nd/3rd round or even later. Dalone Carter is a nice little sleeper IMO.

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 02:02 PM

You are right, I can't. And that is precisely the problem of building the team without a QB, as evidence by the repeat failure of the Dolphins.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:07 PM
Mallett will only be drafted IMO unless we trade down. I think there is good chance of that. It would absolutely awesome if we could trade down with SD and then NO. Then take Mallett. That would work for me. I think RB's can be had in 2nd/3rd round or even later. Dalone Carter is a nice little sleeper IMO.

There is a reason why players are graded lower in the rounds......and the failure rate is higher the lower they are drafted. Some use a few examples from last year as some magical proof over the HISTORY OF THE GAME that shows lower round picks don't make it in the NFL....
If Ingram is there and we can't trade out he is the TOP #1 Rated RB in the draft. He played for Nick Saban. He is very smart and he is a pure RB. They can draft a scat back in the later rounds. Or if it were me I would try and trade for Reggie Bush....after the new CB agreement.

Spesh
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
Well until we can just dial 1-800-Franchize-QB I guess we just keep trying. But as for a QB we have drafted I do see Henne as the best one we’ve drafted since Marino...AND NO! I am not comparing him to Marino!!!!!!

I just don't think the "Henne Soup" has cooked long enough; it needs one more year of seasoning and the new Cook....
Many of you have YEARS of frustrations and fail to have the needed patience to let a management staff and our young developing players develop. I say Henne deserves more time. And I know I am not alone in that thought…

If you wanna dial up a phone number, you have to first have the stones to pick up the phone. Saying Henne was the best quarterback among Pat White and John Beck is not a ringing endorsement.

I've stated it 3 posts now, so i'll try it from another direction and just ask you the question. You can even copy and paste part of my posts. What will happen to Chad Henne if we draft a quarterback? Will his "soup" go sour and never be tasted again? Will he be run out of town by rampaging mobs attempting to lynch him? Will he be thrown into a lake never to be spoken of again by polite society? Tied up and beaten? Shipped to Alaska?

And when did we throw away a coaching staff before they had a chance? We gave Wannstedt years and then he stepped down. Nick Saban quit on his own accord, our owner wanted him back. Cam Cameron was the only one, and that was because he managed to rack up years of incompetance into a single season. Are you advocating we should have kept Cameron and the Ginn family?
This coaching staff is entering year 4. Im not opposed to them staying, so long as they fix the position they declared they would 4 years ago. The best way to do that is bring in a young quarterback with huge upside.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:09 PM
You are right, I can't. And that is precisely the problem of building the team without a QB, as evidence by the repeat failure of the Dolphins.

Henne is not a failure, yet! He's a young QB who needs to be coached up.....we know what we have in him and we know what his needs are and we can all agree he has skills........he is not as bad as many claim.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 02:13 PM
We did draft him but this may put things into persepctive.....Jay Fiedler....
"Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins) featured three 10+ win seasons in four years, two 11–5 seasons in 2000 and 2001, an AFC East title, and two postseason appearances including a victory for the Miami Dolphins. During these years, the Dolphins' offense lagged notably behind its defense, which featured perennial Pro-Bowlers in linebacker Zach Thomas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Thomas), defensive end Jason Taylor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Taylor_%28American_football%29), and cornerbacks Sam Madison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Madison) and Patrick Surtain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Surtain). Although Fiedler's team was mediocre, he managed a respectable regular season performance with a respectable record in post-season play while with the Dolphins."

There ya have it

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:15 PM
It will not happen!

..... and you know this, how?

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 02:16 PM

You trying to run up your posts number? You have doubled that number in this post alone.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:16 PM
If they would draft a QB in round one and reach I would take Colin Kaepernick over Mallett

Elliot, stop making multiple profiles. Both you and Mrs. Kaepernick need to cool it.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:17 PM

Yes, let's waste another Top 15 pick on a RB. It worked out so well the last time we did it.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:18 PM
If you wanna dial up a phone number, you have to first have the stones to pick up the phone. Saying Henne was the best quarterback among Pat White and John Beck is not a ringing endorsement.

I've stated it 3 posts now, so i'll try it from another direction and just ask you the question. You can even copy and paste part of my posts. What will happen to Chad Henne if we draft a quarterback? Will his "soup" go sour and never be tasted again? Will he be run out of town by rampaging mobs attempting to lynch him? Will he be thrown into a lake never to be spoken of again by polite society? Tied up and beaten? Shipped to Alaska?

And when did we throw away a coaching staff before they had a chance? We gave Wannstedt years and then he stepped down. Nick Saban quit on his own accord, our owner wanted him back. Cam Cameron was the only one, and that was because he managed to rack up years of incompetance into a single season. Are you advocating we should have kept Cameron and the Ginn family?
This coaching staff is entering year 4. Im not opposed to them staying, so long as they fix the position they declared they would 4 years ago. The best way to do that is bring in a young quarterback with huge upside.

Honestly, yes. I do feel the firing of Cam was to early.....

Now I do happen to love the current management, not a huge fan of Tony but I am not to upset that he is back. I like our drafts these past 3 years and feel they have done better than any other management team in years, as far as drafting and they hit two homeruns last year in the big FA signings......(Not the best FA track record overall IMO)
NOBODY hits on them all and so in the whole body of work looking back from where they started three years ago, I would say I like the DIRECTION this team is headed. I do feel some sense of confidence in the management. And I like the youth on the team…..including our YOUNG QB.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:19 PM

I also feel the same for Henne, he deserves a chance to complete his contract with Miami too.....His play has not been as bad as many (who want change) claim.

No, he doesn't. The guy is a loser, bottom line.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Really? R U Serious?........

Get real!

They draft a rookie QB early and they are done!

Really? Are YOU serious with half of the crap you've posted in this thread?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:21 PM
Yes, let's waste another Top 15 pick on a RB. It worked out so well the last time we did it.

I do not feel drafting Ingram at 15 is too high. Now if it were a top 10 pick, yes. But I can assure you that he will not fall out of round one and in fact New England might just take him if Miami pass on him.....if not he will be running for somebody next year.....

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:22 PM

OK, now you're starting to sound like a clone of Nubs.

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 02:23 PM

Now I do happen to love the current management, not a huge fan of Tony but I am not to upset that he is back. I like our drafts these past 3 years and feel they have done better than any other management team in years, as far as drafting and they hit two homeruns last year in the big FA signings......(Not the best FA track record overall IMO)
NOBODY hits on them all and so in the whole body of work looking back from where they started three years ago, I would say I like the DIRECTION this team is headed. I do feel some sense of confidence in the management. And I like the youth on the team…..including our YOUNG QB.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/196245_1328077498014_1713268273_566556_1-1.jpg or

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/10wv7rqgifborder0-1.gif
And one more
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/1234579810127-1.gif
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM

Ah, I see what's going on here. Somebody is jealous of CK's and the rest of the Univeral Draft crew's success.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:25 PM
..... and you know this, how?
It's just my opinion.....I know about as much as the man on the moon who Miami will draft....but if you have some inside knowledge let me in on it!

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Ah, I see what's going on here. Somebody is jealous of CK's and the rest of the Univeral Draft crew's success.

I am not Jealous of CK, I just disagree......

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:27 PM

Matt Ryan, Sam Bradford, Josh Freeman, Joe Flacco, Mark Sanchez, I could keep going.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:29 PM

I wouldn't mind seeing him just get shot. My god, his play was abysmal.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:30 PM

Picking a QB early would not be a wasted pick, unless it's Jake Locker.

Spesh
04-17-2011, 02:31 PM

Yes, clearly all our problems were caused by firing Cam Cameron to early. Obviously

No where in your posts did you answer the question of what would happen to Chad Henne if we were to draft a young quarterback.

Your "whole body of work" counts for nothing if you dont fix the problem that has been around for over a decade. Not once did i say we were a worse off team with this front office. Heck, ive been advocating them drafting a franchise quarterback(which you started this thread pleading we dont do that), which would keep them around if they are successful. But if they wont fix the problem, bring in someone who will.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
Ultimately it's just an opinion and I am not being paid for mine, CK must be.....

I detect little bit of the green eyed monster.

LANGER72
04-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I skipped from the first page to here. Same nonsense. Talk about conflicting points of view. You are entitled to your opinions Markeyh, but Sheesh.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:33 PM
Really? Are YOU serious with half of the crap you've posted in this thread?

Well, yes. I am serious as to what I believe.....even if you consider it crap. I expected some feed back but I am not here to get into attacking each other. I just feel it would be a setback to Draft Mallett. I respect what CK has done I just disagree.

I mean no offense to him or anybody else. If I am frustrating you…. I suggest there are plenty of other threads you can find someone who agree with both you and CK.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:34 PM

No, I'm pretty damn sure that Henne sucks. Believe me, it took me a long time to say it last season. There just comes a point and time where you have to realize that the guy is a career backup at best.

Nublar7
04-17-2011, 02:34 PM
OK, now you're starting to sound like a clone of Nubs.

I never said that Henne deserves to be the outright starter this year. I never said that Miami shouldn't draft Mallett(though I have said Miami should trade down before considering him). I do agree that with a few pieces this team is in the playoffs.

I don't appreciate you taking a cheap shot at me in a thread I haven't even been a part of.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:35 PM
Yes, clearly all our problems were caused by firing Cam Cameron to early. Obviously

No where in your posts did you answer the question of what would happen to Chad Henne if we were to draft a young quarterback.

Your "whole body of work" counts for nothing if you dont fix the problem that has been around for over a decade. Not once did i say we were a worse off team with this front office. Heck, ive been advocating them drafting a franchise quarterback(which you started this thread pleading we dont do that), which would keep them around if they are successful. But if they wont fix the problem, bring in someone who will.

In fact the mistake Parcells made was not retaining Cam at the very least as our OC......IMO.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I never said that......

I do wonder "IF" Henne had a chance to sit and mature for 3 years would he have faired better...

I also wonder if it's to early to give up on Henne too...

No, he still would have sucked. Watch him now, and watch his film at Michigan. He hasn't changed that much.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:39 PM

If that's the case, wring his neck, and feed him to a starving cat.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:41 PM
Henne IMO doesn't deserve another shot. He's done in Miami, or should be.

Agreed. Regardless of anyone's opinion of what QB is right for Miami whether it be Mallett or Ponder. Bottom line, Miami needs to roll the dice and aquire a first round QB. Make a damn investment in the QB position instead of this bargain basement shopping that hasn't worked for the better part of a decade.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:43 PM
If that's the case, wring his neck, and feed him to a starving cat.

I get it! You hate Henne...so why are you here. You want me to hate him too...?

LANGER72
I think that we should trade up with Dallas and grab Mallet there. I think he can be a pro bowler. I don't think he will last until #15. He can sit behind Henne and the next FA QB pick up to be groomed for later in the season or 2012.
We need to have quality QB's on our roster.

X-Pacolypse

That's the way it should be. You play like crap, you deserve to be treated like crap.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:45 PM
Agreed. Regardless of anyone's opinion of what QB is right for Miami whether it be Mallett or Ponder. Bottom line, Miami needs to roll the dice and aquire a first round QB. Make a damn investment in the QB position instead of this bargain basement shopping that hasn't worked for the better part of a decade.

If you take a player (reach) who is not a first round player in the first round is that suppose to make him better?

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM

Drafting a rookie could help their case in keeping their jobs. Especially, if a rookie like Mallett or Ponder comes in when Captain Loser gets benched and plays well.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:46 PM
That's the way it should be. You play like crap, you deserve to be treated like crap.

So let's say we Draft Mallette and they throw him in there and he flops.....will you lose your job over it?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:48 PM
Drafting a rookie could help their case in keeping their jobs. Especially, if a rookie like Mallett or Ponder comes in when Captain Loser gets benched and plays well.
Illogical!

RockyMtnPhinfan
When you said Cameron should have been kept around.............i think you may have lost a few folks.
Keep it up and you may get some votes for an award from Finheaven at the end of the year. :)

X-Pacolypse

A.J. Feeley was our starting QB, and yet you sit there and say RB was a greater need?

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:51 PM
Like I said, I am not so sure that Henne is not that QB yet. This year will help convince me one way or the other. But if we did things my way I still don't see the problem because this team needs more talent on offense regardless...

I do not equate Henne with Jay Fiedler..... I was NOT a Fielder supporter. They won despite him IMO. But Henne's is just still to young to throw away....especially with what all went wrong on offense last year.....

The seven wins Miami had this past year came courtesy of Mike Nolan and the Dolphins defense. So, the team won despite him as well.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:52 PM
A.J. Feeley was our starting QB, and yet you sit there and say RB was a greater need?
\

At that time I had no problem with Ronnie being drafted, I just wish Nick would have stayed around to finish the job....In fact if I am not mistaken Ronnie's best season was under Cam Cameron. Who knew how to use him…

X-Pacolypse
Chad Henne is that you hiding behind the screen.

It's either him, his wife, or his mother.

LANGER72
Is there a sea deep enough for this thread?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:53 PM
The seven wins Miami had this past year came courtesy of Mike Nolan and the Dolphins defense. So, the team won despite him as well.

The difference is Henne is ONLY a 2nd year starter and is ONLY 25 years old.......

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:54 PM

No soup for you.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 02:56 PM
It's either him, his wife, or his mother.
I am not the only fan who Likes Henne. I might be the only one foolish/courageous enough to defend him among a majority of people who do not like him....

I just don't hate him, yet.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:56 PM
Henne is not a failure, yet! He's a young QB who needs to be coached up.....we know what we have in him and we know what his needs are and we can all agree he has skills........he is not as bad as many claim.

I don't know how you can say that after the season he had. If that doesn't scream failure, I don't know what does.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 02:58 PM
Illogical!

Which is what most of your posts have been.

Spesh
04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Which is what most of your posts have been.

I'm waiting until you get to the posts bemoaning us for not keeping Cam Cameron.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:04 PM
Well, after seeing plays called that basically said we give...like 3rd and long and we run a draw up the middle 9 out of 10 times….
Or when Henne seems to get on a roll and they pull him out for a I'll timed wildcat play
Or when our running games digress along with our O-line run blocking....
Or WR’s dropping balls that should have been caught or running the wrong route that caused an INT….

Or our CB’s missing Int’s that could have changed the game.

Or our settling for Field Goals rather than having the balls to go fro it….

I can say Henne deserves another shot.....

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:08 PM
Illogical is putting your Job on the line to draft a Rookie QB early in the draft after not giving the guy you drafted 3 years ago enough time to FULLY mature....
You draft a Rookie in round one and it becomes a nightmare and instant QB controversy....to much to put on a rookie but not a veteran....

"I" WOULD NOT DO IT!!!!!!

Johnny O
04-17-2011, 03:08 PM

You could say the same thing about me having sex with my wife.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
I personally wish the Fans would be more supportive of Henne and I wish Tony and Jeff would have been too...even if it were a smoke screen....

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I'm waiting until you get to the posts bemoaning us for not keeping Cam Cameron.

I shouldn't even have to explain why getting rid of Cam was a good thing. Great offensive mind, but he's got zero leadership qualities. He was more like a youth group counselor than a head coach.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 03:21 PM
I personally wish the Fans would be more supportive of Henne and I wish Tony and Jeff would have been too...even if it were a smoke screen....

Then he should give the fans a reason to support him. Otherwise, I'm good with the continued bashing.

Vaark
04-17-2011, 03:22 PM
Personally, I think everyone here is being trolled by a new attention whore who up until this thread, averaged less than 1 post/month... I'm anticipating an argument that ChadH would have performed better had they kept the dirt infield in JoeRobbie

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:24 PM
I already said he would have been a BETTER OC than Henning IMO.......he did seem to be a better OC, and he was willing to stay on in that roll, maybe his voice would have encouraged Parcells to Draft Matt Ryan.....who knows?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Personally, I think everyone here is being trolled by a new attention whore who up until this thread, averaged less than 1 post/month... I'm anticipating an argument that ChadH would have performed better had they kept the dirt infield in JoeRobbie
Personally you seem like a child who can't handle a different opinion with out resorting to name calling....

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 03:26 PM
I already said he would have been a BETTER OC than Henning IMO.......he did seem to be a better OC, and he was willing to stay on in that roll, maybe his voice would have encouraged Parcells to Draft Matt Ryan.....who knows?

How many times have you EVER seen a head coach get fired or resign from his position and stay with the team in another capacity as a coordinator or a position coach? I'll wait.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 03:28 PM
Personally you seem like a child who can't handle a different opinion with out resorting to name calling....

The only thing that's childish is you going into full on "post whore" mode because CK's success seems to bother you for some odd reason.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:29 PM
Then he should give the fans a reason to support him. Otherwise, I'm good with the continued bashing.

When Henne took over After Chad P got hurt the first season, many of you haters did not hate him then.

But now after a season where he did not have the success that many of you expected you are ready to throw him under the bus?

And you want a new Rookie QB to hate if he fails to meet your expectations?

Really?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:31 PM
The only thing that's childish is you going into full on "post whore" mode because CK's success seems to bother you for some odd reason.

So because I DISAGREE with CK I am a hater?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:34 PM
How many times have you EVER seen a head coach get fired or resign from his position and stay with the team in another capacity as a coordinator or a position coach? I'll wait.

Well if you were paying attention back then it was common knowledge that Cam wanted to stay and was willing to take the OC position.....

Vaark
04-17-2011, 03:37 PM

What can i say? Petulant, childish, obdurate, provocative behavior summons up my own inner-child! After all, what better way to get noticed while shoveling your ****, than to get lippy with one of FH's most respected posters who happens to now have a national presence. :ik: So you're not the first clever troll I've outed, but if others want to continue to let you engage them in your "look at me, now that I've surfaced out of the woodwork" charade, it's certainly their prerogative.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 03:39 PM
Well if you were paying attention back then it was common knowledge that Cam wanted to stay and was willing to take the OC position.....

Show me proof. I never heard or read anything of the sort.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:43 PM
What can i say? Petulant, childish, obdurate, provocative behavior summons up my own inner-child! After all, what better way to get noticed while shoveling your ****, than to get lippy with one of FH's most respected posters who happens to now have a national presence. :ik: So you're not the first clever troll I've outed, but if others want to continue to let you engage them in your "look at me, now that I've surfaced out of the woodwork" charade, it's certainly their prerogative.

Well a little know truth IF CK is willing to admit, he and I go back YEARS and I have always disagreed with him. That do not mean I don't respect him. I have not been a regular here but I intend to be. Now I do not disagree with CK just to be some sort of contrarian. In fact I look forward to any point anybody makes that I will agree with. But I also will stand up to what I believe even in a room with 100 people in it, and i being the only one with a different view. Now I still will respect them even "IF" I disagree.

There are way to many Henne bashers IMO and I just don't think he's that bad and I look forward to his next season with or without Com....

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-17-2011, 03:44 PM

No, its the fact that you don't back it up with any tangible evidence like CK does.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
I do not go through all those long drawn out methods to make my point. That is not me. It is CK and for him and those who like it that's ok......
It’s just too much for me. I am sure he is a great guy, but his style is not the way I do things and we don't need more than one because he is way better at that than I can and would ever want to be...
I did not create this tread with CK in mind I did it with Henne haters in mind.....there are too many in my opinion. So I am on the other side of the fence with this issue and time will tell if I am correct, AND I can say I usually am when it comes to my Dolphins predictions......

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 03:57 PM
I can see BOTH Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick salivating if we put an immobile Rookie QB back there...

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 04:09 PM
I can see BOTH Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick salivating if we put an immobile QB back there...

Like Henne?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Henne can run......

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 04:13 PM
Henne can run......

Well, there goes your credibility. Not that you had any to begin with.

Phinatic8u
04-17-2011, 04:18 PM

Henne hasn't improved since college. He's a bum & always will be a bum.

He doesn't look off WRs, rarely throws to his 2nd read, he's a horrible QB.

Phinatic8u
04-17-2011, 04:19 PM
I can see BOTH Rex Ryan and Bill Belichick salivating if we put an immobile Rookie QB back there...

Well if you stop reading about Mallett & actually watch Mallett, you can easily see he's great at avading the rush in the pocket. He can't scramble, but he can move enough not to get sacked.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:24 PM
Quarterback Ryan Mallett ran a 5.37 forty-yard dash time

Chad Henne ran a 4.97.......

He is not Vince or Cam but a hell of a lot better than Mallett

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Well if you stop reading about Mallett & actually watch Mallett, you can easily see he's great at avading the rush in the pocket. He can't scramble, but he can move enough not to get sacked.

He will be playing with the BIG BOYS now......

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 04:26 PM
Quarterback Ryan Mallett ran a 5.37 forty-yard dash time

Chad Henne ran a 4.97.......

He is not Vince or Cam but a hell of a lot better than Mallett

---------- Post added at 03:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

He will be playing with the BIG BOYS now......

Yet he still sucks.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
I watch Mallett when he gets to the big stage...

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 04:27 PM
CK, I havn't been paying enough attention to enough threads to realize you have such dedicated haters.

Much respect !

LOL. It happens. This dingleberry somehow managed to follow me all the way from like 10 years ago. And I love how he calls us nemeses. Riiiiight.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 04:29 PM
I watch Mallett when he gets to the big stage...

Sure you do.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:31 PM
Yet he still sucks.
Don't you have some CK Parrothead fan club site to attend to?
Or may I recommend (HHA) Henne Haters Anonymous

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 04:32 PM
I never said that Henne deserves to be the outright starter this year. I never said that Miami shouldn't draft Mallett(though I have said Miami should trade down before considering him). I do agree that with a few pieces this team is in the playoffs.

I don't appreciate you taking a cheap shot at me in a thread I haven't even been a part of.

What I love about this is that it's basically taken as a given that to compare Nublar7 and Markeyh is definitely a cheap shot taken at Nublar7. ;)

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:34 PM
LOL. It happens. This dingleberry somehow managed to follow me all the way from like 10 years ago. And I love how he calls us nemeses. Riiiiight.

It seems they feed your Ego? I find it funny..........I look forward to the draft. I like you have one thing in common.....I am sure we both Love the dolphins and want the best for them.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 04:35 PM

No, you're a hater because somehow you managed to come out of the graveyard of a board I haven't been to in like 10 years, and whenever I write an article on Sun Sentinel you comment inside it with insults and slander, and now you're starting threads on the board where you're tossing out more insults like suggesting that I'm an "unbalanced fan" out of the blue, when I've not even really addressed you directly in like 10 years. And then you refer to me as your nemesis, which is just plain funny.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 04:36 PM
Don't you have some CK Parrothead fan club site to attend to?
Or may I recommend (HHA) Henne Haters Anonymous

No, I just find it funny that before today you had only a handful of posts here since joining in 2004. Now, that CK and his crew has garnered some national attention, all of the sudden you magically appear, calling out your "nemesis" and trying to convince everybody how wrong he is and how right you are.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 04:40 PM
Here's a fact. Until today I'm not sure I've written more than three words at one time that was directed at Markeyh since I was...I dunno, 17 years old?

The 15 to 17 year old CK was Markeyh's "nemesis"...and apparently he's not forgotten. I had. Until he tickled the back of my memory very recently.

CANDolphan
04-17-2011, 04:43 PM

This is terrible logic... and I really don't think I need to go into specifics or in-depth on why it's such a terrible opinion but the cliffs notes will be "you need to the rough bumps in the water to recognize smooth sailing"

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:45 PM
I seem to be beneath you, so why are you here taking offense to little OLD Markeyh's post Mr. Big shot?

We shall see how Mallett pans out in the NFL. And IF Miami will draft him........

I am humble enough to not take offense.......and get some crow served.....

I had the same debate with a Mr Keith Box about Miami not getting a shot to draft Randy Moss BEFORE his career took off. He called me names and said Randy Moss would NEVER amount to anything....and that Randy Shannon would have a better career.....

Well history has proven me right...

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 04:47 PM
I seem to be beneath you, so why are you here taking offense to little OLD Markeyh's post Mr. Big shot?

We shall see how Mallett pans out in the NFL. And IF Miami will draft him........

I am humble enough to not take offense.......and get some crow served.....

I had the same debate with a Mr Keith Box about Miami not getting a shot to draft Randy Moss BEFORE his career took off. He called me names and said Randy Moss would NEVER result to anything....

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:52 PM
Lol!

---------- Post added at 03:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:52 PM ----------

There is hope for you X-Pacolypse (http://www.finheaven.com/forums/member.php?28991-X-Pacolypse)

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:56 PM
My Mock drafts have ALWAYS hit at least one player Miami's drafted......well last year I did not get who I wanted, but had they got him he would have been a very good fit.....

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 04:58 PM
I also last year said trading Ginn (WITH OUT REPLACING HIS SPEED) was a mistake and I was called out for that statement.....

Well what are they crying about now in Miami......

They lack speed!

Dah!

tay0365
04-17-2011, 04:59 PM

I think we should trade down, and take Mallett, if he is still there(If we don't trade down, we need to get better talent then Mallett), but if he is not, I agree, I am liking the idea of Ponder each day.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:00 PM
I also last year said trading Ginn (WITH OUT REPLACING HIS SPEED) was a mistake and I was called out for that statement.....

They lack speed!

Dah!

Ginn sucks.

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Yeah Ginn really lit that sh-t up in San Francisco...

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:02 PM
Now my sleeper pick is a guy they have so far avoided taking a look at is Torrey Smith....in a trade down to the late first round.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:04 PM
Yeah Ginn really lit that sh-t up in San Francisco...
Well given the fact that he had hammie issues all last year he still had one more return for a TD than Miami did as a team and Maimi sure did get slow......all of a sudden.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:04 PM ----------

My Latest Miami Dolphins Mock Draft...(UPDATED 3-19-11)

Plan A

Mark Ingram* RB Alabama
Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can acquire a 2nd round pick)
D.J. Williams TE Arkansas (Just 6'-2")
John Moffitt OG Wisconsin
Denarius Moore, WR, Tennessee
Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn
J.T. Thomas, OLB, West Virginia
Ryan Hill, Cornerback, Miami (Fla.)

Plan B

Torrey Smith WR Maryland (If we can trade down in the draft mid 20'-30)
Ryan Williams,RB(if we can get a 2nd round pick)
Colin Kaepernick, QB
Lance Kendricks,TE
Ricky Henry OG Nebraska
David Carter DT UCLA
Jordan Holmes OC Oregon
David Arkin OG Missouri State

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 05:07 PM

To the contrary... Miami has all the time in the world to take steps backwards... it's the bozo's running the team that don't.

Miami needs a franchise quarterback whether these guys are here or not. If they can't get one, you get somebody in here that can.

These guys are in the position they're in because they DIDN'T take a quarterback when they should have. When you're picking #1 overall in the draft, it's because you don't have a quarterback. It ain't because you don't have a Hall of Fame left tackle. Need proof?

All the teams picking ahead of Miami, need a quarterback. Again, there's a reason why all these teams are picking in the top 5, 10, 15 picks of the draft... and it's because none of them have a quarterback.

Miami is never a consistent contender because every front office Miami has had since Shula has been trying exactly what you want this front office to keep doing.. which is "putting pieces" around the WRONG guy, or some other team's veteran scraps. It wont work.

You find the right guy and build around him... that's how you build a franchise.

There's nowhere to hide for this front office and coaching staff that you're so hellbent on protecting for some reason. All the Mike Pouncey's and Jake Long's in college football won't save them.

Stability is only relevant if it involves competence... and a quarterback.

tay0365
04-17-2011, 05:10 PM
yea we wouldn't want to risk getting a franchise QB... much better to miss the playoffs 8 of ten years

I want to take a QB early too, but there is no guarantee ANY OF THE QBs in this years draft, is going to become a franchise QB.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:11 PM
It sure is funny how many of you booed Cam for drafting Ginn over Brady Quinn....where is Brady Quinn now? Playing the lead role in "Broke Back Mountain II"?

Lord Of Miami
04-17-2011, 05:13 PM
Henne also runs crazy slow and he puts his head down and stops looking to pass, so at that point he kills the play.

Also you said you haven't even seen Mallett play...............well guess what?? When the play breaks down Mallett doesn't do that, and nether does Ponder or a lot of guys in the draft this year.

Anyways making a thread about a guy you have never seen play is :err: and :lol2: and :crazy: and :lol:.

Roonnette
04-17-2011, 05:14 PM
These guys are in the position they're in because they DIDN'T take a quarterback when they should have.

And that includes Joe Flacco, because you don't trade down when you have conviction on a guy, or wait til second round hoping he falls.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Next year would be the better year to look into Drafting a QB. If they flop this year they would be in a better position to draft higher in the Draft.....
If Henne turns that corner then we wasted a pick drafting a QB this year to early.....

Keep building the offense with young talented Skill position players and bring in a Veteran QB to compete with Henne and see how dominant our young Defense can become with the first year under one of the top DC's under their belt.....
That is the way I would go...

Lord Of Miami
04-17-2011, 05:16 PM
It sure is funny how many of you booed Cam for drafting Ginn over Brady Quinn....where is Brady Quinn now? Playing the lead role in "Broke Back Mountain II"?

I loved the Ginn pick and the White pick , lol funny how that works.Over 20 years of being a draftnic ya lose on lots of guys ya liked.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM

They lack speed!

Dah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYSxJgjjJFc

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 05:20 PM
And that includes Joe Flacco, because you don't trade down when you have conviction on a guy, or wait til second round hoping he falls.

This front office doesn't need a quarterback to succeed... that's how "smart" they are..

The legendary Bud Grant said it best... "A successful head coach needs a patient wife, a loyal dog, and a great quarterback... and not necessarily in that order"..

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:21 PM
Henne also runs crazy slow and he puts his head down and stops looking to pass, so at that point he kills the play.

Also you said you haven't even seen Mallett play...............well guess what?? When the play breaks down Mallett doesn't do that, and nether does Ponder or a lot of guys in the draft this year.

Anyways making a thread about a guy you have never seen play is :err: and :lol2: and :crazy: and :lol:.
I have seen him play but not much, I do not feel college ball is comparable to Pro so I look for skill sets more than stats....

Today's better QB's are like Aaron Rodgers, Mike Vick, Vince Young (If his head were on straight) Cam Newton Potential (if his head is on straight), Colin Kaepernick, Strong arm with mobility

tay0365
04-17-2011, 05:22 PM

Agree 100%. My thing is not so much to continue to throw Henne out there Good or Bad, just to give him a shot to prove himeself, Miami needs to get better talent behind him at QB to challenge him.

Henne is going to start, if he continue to struggle, he will find himself on the bench, and eventually gone, if he shows to be the starter, whomever Miami drafted can later on be traded if Miami all of a sudden feels comfortable with Chad.

LANGER72
04-17-2011, 05:26 PM
g

LOL !!

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, Ted did drop some passes but he also had more returns for TD's than any player on ST in recent memory for Miami. He also burned Revis on a perfect throw from our much maligned Henne and once he was traded so went the ONLY true speed this team had....and when he was back there I truly had hope he could return it every time he touched the ball...last season I had ZERO hope or feeling that any player we had could take it to the house...or spread defenses with a go route.

In fact he single-handedly beat the Jets in New York his last full season in Miami with two returns for over 100 yards in 57 seconds.....

But your minds eye is blinded to that...

Lord Of Miami
04-17-2011, 05:31 PM
I have seen him play but not much, I do not feel college ball is comparable to Pro so I look for skill sets more than stats....

Today's better QB's are like Aaron Rodgers, Mike Vick, Vince Young (If his head were on straight) Cam Newton Potential (if his head is on straight), Colin Kaepernick, Strong arm with mobility

I don't think Mallett's going to be a great QB, but he is a Top 20 QB that i wouldn't draft tell the 3rd round because of all the " rumors "..........but he would be an upgrade over what we have.

If it was up to me we would draft Mark Ingram and use next years picks to pick up Ponder.

But back to Mallett if he wants to be one of the better Qb's in the NFL he will be because he has that kind of talent.

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 05:32 PM
http://www.rgj.com/article/20110417/SPORTS06/104170341/1459/liv06/NFL-draft-Selecting-QB-an-inexact-science?odyssey=nav%7Chead

But quarterbacks picked early in the draft over the past couple of decades have leaned a lot heavier on busts than booms.
We'll let the numbers tell this story.
In the past 15 years, 20 quarterbacks have been selected with top-10 picks in the NFL draft.
Of those 20 selections, seven have been clear-cut busts. You know their names: Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch, Akili Smith, David Carr, Joey Harrington, Matt Leinart and JaMarcus Russell.
Another three have been clear disappointments: Alex Smith, Vince Young and Byron Leftwich.
Then there are guys who have had average careers like Carson Palmer or are too-early-to-tell projects like Sam Bradford, Matthew Stafford and Mark Sanchez.
Looking for a bona fide Hall of Famer?
There aren't many. Peyton Manning, for sure. Perhaps Philip Rivers, Michael Vick or Eli Manning one day.
And all of these quarterbacks are the cream of the crop first-rounders.

Go a little deeper in the first round and you run into disasters like Cade McNown (No. 12 pick), Kyle Boller (No. 19), J.P. Losman (No. 22), Brady Quinn (No. 22), Rex Grossman (No. 22) and Jim Druckenmiller (No. 26).
Of the 36 quarterbacks selected in the first round in the past 15 years, only one has been a first-team All-Pro: Peyton Manning.

None of the teams that drafted these busts are any worse off than Miami... In fact, several of them have played in superbowls AFTER busting out on these quarterbacks. Miami can't even make the playoffs, but at least they avoid the quarterback position like the plague in the 1st round.. they certainly have that going for 'em..

Indianapolis busted out on Jeff George #1 overall approximately 7 years before they decided to take a quarterback #1 overall again... Peyton Manning.

Busting on Kyle Boller didn't stop Baltimore from drafting Joe Flacco... Cleveland is no worse off after busting on Brady Quinn than Miami is for busting on Ginnger...

However, at least these teams understand that you're not going to be relevant without taking a chance on a quarterback..

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
None of the teams that drafted these busts are any worse off than Miami... In fact, several of them have played in superbowls AFTER busting out on these quarterbacks. Miami can't even make the playoffs, but at least they avoid the quarterback position liek the plague in the 1st round.. they certainly have that going for 'em..

Indianapolis busted out on Jeff George #1 overall approximately 7 years before they decided to take a quarterback #1 overall again... Peyton Manning.

Busting on Kyle Boller didn't stop Baltimore from drafting Joe Flacco... Cleveland is no worse off after busting on Brady Quinn than Miami is for busting on Ginnger...

However, at least these teams understand that you're not going to be relevant without taking a chance on a quarterback..
Miami's status has NOTHING to do with the QB's or lack there of. it had all to doi with Foolishly allowing Dave to trade away future Draft picks.....and lack of stability in ownership and Management and Coaching over the past 10+ years.

I see them as moving in the right direction and to waste a mid to late round pick on a QB who was PROJECTED to go 3-4 round before the over hype will only set them back cause QB controversy and ruin the season in my opinion...

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Yes, Ted did drop some passes but he also had more returns for TD's than any player on ST in recent memory for Miami. He also burned Revis on a perfect throw from our much maligned Henne and once he was traded so went the ONLY true speed this team had....and when he was back there I truly had hope he could return it every time he touched the ball...last season I had ZERO hope or feeling that any player we had could take it to the house...or spread defenses with a go route.

In fact he single-handedly beat the Jets in New York his last full season in Miami with two returns for over 100 yards in 57 seconds.....

But your minds eye is blinded to that...

Saying he dropped "some" passes is being kind. Ginn dropped just about everything that was thrown his way.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
Saying he dropped "some" passes is being kind. Ginn dropped just about everything that was thrown his way.

Not true....

In fact the only thing Ginn was guilty of was not even his fault....

He was drafted to High; he would have been there in round two....maybe even later.

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 05:43 PM
None of the teams that drafted these busts are any worse off than Miami... In fact, several of them have played in superbowls AFTER busting out on these quarterbacks. Miami can't even make the playoffs, but at least they avoid the quarterback position like the plague in the 1st round.. they certainly have that going for 'em..

Well said, I can't really understand those who don't get that.

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM

Drafting a quarterback in the 1st round =/= throwing Chad Henne away...

Not if, but when Henne flops, everybody in the league knows what Miami has to do with their 1st round pick next year.. Right now they have the luxury of letting Mallett sit while they give Henne enough rope to hang himself with..

Kdawg954
We are drafting 15th . . . taking a chance on ANY of these QB's "could be a mistake" . . . but a "huge mistake" . . . no way. Even if Ingram, Pouncey or whoever turn out to be all pro's . . . just the chance of landing a bonafide franchise QB is worth the risk at 15. Worst case scenario, you go fishing again next year . . . it is what it is, but until we stop hearing "Is Chad Henne the answer" . . . we will always have to keep searching for an answer.

And if Henne LIGHTS it up this season, having 2 quality QB's on this roster can only be classified as a GREAT thing.

Spesh
Miami's status has NOTHING to do with the QB's or lack there of. it had all to doi with Foolishly allowing Dave to trade away future Draft picks.....and lack of stability in ownership and Management and Coaching over the past 10+ years.

I see them as moving in the right direction and to waste a mid to late round pick on a QB who was PROJECTED to go 3-4 round before the over hype will only set them back cause QB controversy and ruin the season in my opinion...

Yeah, passing on Drew Brees wasnt a mistake at all. So Miami only going to the playoffs twice in over a decade has nothing to do with the fact we haven't had a quarterback. And its really the "lack of stability" in the coaching staff(which they have all been stable save for Cameron, who you felt shouldnt have been fired). Right.

Your getting more and more amusing. Keep reaching for straws.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:48 PM
I do not consider Henne a bust...just yet. So to me there is no need to reach for a QB....

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 05:49 PM

If you waste another year on Henne, and wait till next year to draft a real QB, that puts you another year behind. The other positions can be filled next year more easily than the QB position.

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 05:51 PM

Miami didn't lack stability with Wannstedt... the problem was they gave an incompetent front office and coaching staff TOO MUCH stability. Which isn't too far off from what they're accomplishing now....

They were trading away future draft picks trying to "put pieces" around a scrub quarterback... the WRONG guy.

When you get a legitimate franchise quarterback in the fold, all those other holes get a lot smaller... real fast.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:52 PM
Not true....

In fact the only thing Ginn was guilty of was not even his fault....

He was drafted to High; he would have been there in round two....maybe even later.

Yes, he was drafted too high. Nobody disputes that, but the things Ginn could fix, he didn't. He would always let opposing DB's push him around, he would always run out of bounds versus picking up an extra yard or two, and he dropped way too many easy passes. Ginn sucks as a football player, and that's nobody else's fault but Ted Ginn Jr.

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 05:54 PM
I do not consider Henne a bust...just yet. So to me there is no need to reach for a QB....

Well, Henne is a bust. He's been in the league three years now, entering his fourth season. How many more times do you need to see him suck on the field before you realize he's the same guy that he was at Michigan?

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 05:56 PM

Exactly, and even if he does a miraculous transformation we have nice tradebait for the future. Green Bay used to make a science out of farming QB's.

Lord Of Miami
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM

Sorry to tell you this but Henne is Beck to them now.They will bring someone in that they think is better via the draft or FA or both.

Henne didn't just let down the fan's he p***** off the players and the coach and the GM last year.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 05:59 PM
Miami didn't lack stability with Wannstedt... the problem was they gave an incompetent front office and coaching staff TOO MUCH stability. Which isn't too far off from what they're accomplishing now....

They were trading away future draft picks trying to "put pieces" around a scrub quarterback... the WRONG guy.

When you get a legitimate franchise quarterback in the fold, all those other holes get a lot smaller... real fast.
Did you consider Marino a legitimate franchise quarterback?

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 06:00 PM
Sorry to tell you this but Henne is Beck to them now.They will bring someone in that they think is better via the draft or FA or both.

Henne didn't just let down the fan's he p***** off the players and the coach and the GM last year.

He is still here so your point is not valid.....

X-Pacolypse
04-17-2011, 06:01 PM

Beck was still here when they drafted Henne, so his point is ACTUALLY valid. Once again, you fail.

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 06:03 PM
Henne was DRAFTED by them Beck was not.....my point is still valid!

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 06:04 PM
Did you consider Marino a legitimate franchise quarterback?

They played in a superbowl with him didn't they? Without a good team...

Miami had the best team in the league under Wannstedt... the league's leading rusher, the conferences two best pass rushers, two pro bowl caliber cornerbacks, a pro bowl caliber safety, a pro bowl middle linebacker, a young up and coming receiver, etc., etc..

But they couldn't advance because they had a scrub quarterback.. Wannstedt had several chances to address the quarterback position and chose not to. He was more interested in trading away draft picks to "put pieces" around the WRONG guy.

TedSlimmJr
04-17-2011, 06:06 PM

Exact same thing the Beck supporters were saying right up until the minute he was cut...

Henne still being here has nothing to do with whether or not they think he's even a starting caliber quarterback... which is why you'll see them addressing the quarterback position this offseason..

Markeyh
04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
They played in a superbowl with him didn't they? Without a good team...

Miami had the best team in the league under Wannstedt... the league's leading rusher, the conferences two best pass rushers, two pro bowl caliber cornerbacks, a pro bowl caliber safety, a pro bowl middle linebacker, a young up and coming receiver, etc., etc..

But they couldn't advance because they had a scrub quarterback.. Wannstedt had several chances to address the quarterback position and chose not to. He was more interested in trading away draft picks to "put pieces" around the WRONG guy.

How many years did we have one of if not the best QB in the NFL and what did it get Miami? Then people complained he had no help.......The Chicken or the Egg?

BlueFin
04-17-2011, 06:08 PM
We did draft him but this may put things into persepctive.....Jay Fiedler....
"Fiedler's stint with the Miami Dolphins (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miami_Dolphins) featured three 10+ win seasons in four years, two 11–5 seasons in 2000 and 2001, an AFC East title, and two postseason appearances including a victory for the Miami Dolphins. During these years, the Dolphins' offense lagged notably behind its defense, which featured perennial Pro-Bowlers in linebacker Zach Thomas (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zach_Thomas), defensive end Jason Taylor (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Taylor_%28American_football%29), and cornerbacks Sam Madison (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Madison) and Patrick Surtain (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Surtain). Although Fiedler's team was mediocre, he managed a respectable regular season performance with a respectable record in post-season play while with the Dolphins."

There ya have it

Thats a bit deceiving, the one playoff win was year one of Fiedler when Lamar Smith carried the ball 40 times for over 200 yards in overtime. They then got killed in the next round.

Got killed in the opening round the next year and it went all downhill from there. I don't consider any of that to be respectable and we wasted a pretty good defense.