Show Me Your TDs
04-17-2011, 02:58 PM
This is the draft winds piece done by universal draft.com

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Blatant rip-off of our article.

Boomer
04-17-2011, 03:45 PM
Oh and if you want the most indepth Ryan Mallett article of all time then here it is:

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_lies_damn_lies_and_1.html

bdhock
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
There is no way this guy did not read your article before he wrote this. Some of the terminology is even the same.

Boomer
04-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Outrageous. He even stole your cybermetrics and passed it off as his own and direct quotes I took that ONLY I HAVE AS THEY'RE DIRECT QUOTES.

Brilliant

Boomer
04-17-2011, 03:55 PM
There is no way this guy did not read your article before he wrote this. Some of the terminology is even the same.

Dude, ALL of the terminology is the same. You know why? Because it's an epic cut and paste job.

bdhock
04-17-2011, 04:10 PM
guys, you know your doing good when someone steals your stuff. It is a shame because you guys obviously put in several hours of work and he basically just stole it

ckparrothead
04-17-2011, 04:50 PM
guys, you know your doing good when someone steals your stuff. It is a shame because you guys obviously put in several hours of work and he basically just stole it

It's happened before. It'll happen again. Remember Armando Salguero's pet draft monkey last year, Chris Cordero? He did the same thing for Armando that we do for Dave Hyde. Closer to the Draft, Cordero straight up copied and pasted a list of players that Miami have shown interest in that we had been putting together for MONTHS on Dave Hyde's blog. Straight up copy job. Armando put it on his blog and then defended it, saying Cordero had edited the list. He hadn't. He added two names to the list which weren't already there, accidentally deleted an entire position (cornerbacks, I think) and then just cut out a few names so that it would be an even 100 names. But it all had the same form, same structure, same misspellings and/or idiosyncracies...it was a rip-off. And when we informed Armando of his (perhaps inadvertent) plagiarism he flipped out at us using the P word and his editor similarly had his back, and they tried to claim that Cordero's list was genuine but that he only ripped the format of it off us. Bullsh-t on toast. Some higher ups at the Herald had to get involved and then Armando had to print a big thing talking about what happened and linking our work.

Chris Cordero is no longer involved with the Miami Herald.

At least when Barry Jackson used our work in an article he put into print he actually referenced us by name right in the article.

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 05:47 PM
Are all 3 of you British? I know Simon is. Anyway that's pretty fugging gay. Also that Armando story is pretty funny and is totally representative of him.

footsteps_falco
04-17-2011, 06:07 PM
It's happened before. It'll happen again. Remember Armando Salguero's pet draft monkey last year, Chris Cordero? He did the same thing for Armando that we do for Dave Hyde. Closer to the Draft, Cordero straight up copied and pasted a list of players that Miami have shown interest in that we had been putting together for MONTHS on Dave Hyde's blog. Straight up copy job. Armando put it on his blog and then defended it, saying Cordero had edited the list. He hadn't. He added two names to the list which weren't already there, accidentally deleted an entire position (cornerbacks, I think) and then just cut out a few names so that it would be an even 100 names. But it all had the same form, same structure, same misspellings and/or idiosyncracies...it was a rip-off. And when we informed Armando of his (perhaps inadvertent) plagiarism he flipped out at us using the P word and his editor similarly had his back, and they tried to claim that Cordero's list was genuine but that he only ripped the format of it off us. Bullsh-t on toast. Some higher ups at the Herald had to get involved and then Armando had to print a big thing talking about what happened and linking our work.

At least when Barry Jackson used our work in an article he put into print he actually referenced us by name right in the article.

that sucks, we need you guys putting that time into writing us up evaluations not having to defend your work from plagiarism arrrghhh

Boomer
04-17-2011, 06:41 PM
Only I'm British. Chris is from Florida and Rich played for Oklahoma and Penn State and currently resides on an island tax haven ;)

jamvinny
04-17-2011, 07:09 PM
Only I'm British. Chris is from Florida and Rich played for Oklahoma and Penn State and currently resides on an island tax haven ;)

Can you guys take action? At least a credit/mention.

newlownorder
04-17-2011, 07:46 PM
Before I clicked the link I was thinking, "OK, he couldn't have plagerized THAT bad." After looking at said article, holy crap he plagerized! You could tell right off the bat! What a hack!

justdev7
04-17-2011, 11:29 PM
Imitation is the the sincerest form of flattery? Wow this is pretty blatant. My 6th grade language arts teacher would've caught this crap.

JC
04-18-2011, 01:35 AM
The link doesn't work anymore, so I'm guessing they took it down.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-18-2011, 09:16 AM
I tried to click on it, with plans to go and chip the guy a little about ripping off you guys' work. I was not able to find it when following that link.

Boomer
04-18-2011, 11:57 AM
Yeah to the credit of the site they took it straight down. What a tool.

ckparrothead
04-18-2011, 12:26 PM
I emailed Scott Wright about it directly. He was very courteous, said he's had the post taken down and warned the user. Then complimented our piece. :)

justdev7
04-18-2011, 12:48 PM
I emailed Scott Wright about it directly. He was very courteous, said he's had the post taken down and warned the user. Then complimented our piece. :)

Glad to hear. I've always liked draft countdown.

Myles Fynch
04-18-2011, 01:06 PM

I remember that mess. Unfortunate to see this kind of thing pop up again this soon, but I'm glad it was resolved in your favor. Keep up the good work at universaldraft.

clownfish
04-18-2011, 01:36 PM
Lol at that poster. I knew I had read that piece before right off the bat. Then I read the rest of this thread. Haha. What a jackass. Internet hacks are scum. BTW, the draft forum is way better than any forum on Finheaven guys. It keeps the offseason so filled with football, despite none being played. Keep up the awesome work all you draftniks.

newlownorder
04-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Glad to hear. I've always liked draft countdown.

I don't agree with everything he posts and some of his breakdown of certain players are a bit off, but I appreciate the hard work that goes into the site and I do enjoy looking at his critiques, rankings and thoughts, even if I don't agree with him 100%. Solid site to go to.