PDA

View Full Version : DeMarco Murray

TKAllDay
04-17-2011, 11:42 PM
Listen I don't really watch college football, but because we are in the market for RBs I have been watching highlights about some of the young RB prospects. I like many of them and there are a ton of NFL caliber RBs, but when I watched highlights of DeMarco he struck me as an NFL RB who automatically can take the role of #1. Am I missing something here? Why is he not getting much attention (seriously? , I am totally ignorant .. ) :hump:

beanh8er
04-17-2011, 11:43 PM
Injuries and upright running.

KB21
04-17-2011, 11:47 PM
Plus, he lacks toughness running in between the tackles. The guy goes down with the change of the wind.

PJack
04-17-2011, 11:51 PM
No disrespect but he is one guy I don't want unless it's very late in the draft (no sooner than 5th). Not that fast, shifty, and doesn't break tackles. I like Ingram a lot but don't want to draft a RB in the first. Leshore won't make it to round 3. Maybe Ryan Williams (though injury prone), Dan Thomas (fumble prone) fall to 3. Other guys to consider Jordon Todman, Alex Green, Delone Carter, Johny White, DeRel Scott might be around in rounds 3-5 that all have potential to be good backs. I actually think there will be a really good RB value pick in rounds 3-4.

TKAllDay
04-17-2011, 11:54 PM
My problem is since I don't watch CFB I am stuck watching the highlights of players as opposed to the lowlights as well. Obviously all of these RB s look like beasts on their highlight reels but all I get is the highlights lol. I also think there will be decent RBs left 3-4rd

Roman529
04-18-2011, 12:02 AM
Lots of guys look good on highlight videos but DeMarco's career has been riddled with injuries. He might be worth a 5th rounder, tops.

KB21
04-18-2011, 12:13 AM
No disrespect but he is one guy I don't want unless it's very late in the draft (no sooner than 5th). Not that fast, shifty, and doesn't break tackles. I like Ingram a lot but don't want to draft a RB in the first. Leshore won't make it to round 3. Maybe Ryan Williams (though injury prone), Dan Thomas (fumble prone) fall to 3. Other guys to consider Jordon Todman, Alex Green, Delone Carter, Johny White, DeRel Scott might be around in rounds 3-5 that all have potential to be good backs. I actually think there will be a really good RB value pick in rounds 3-4.

Ryan Williams has been invited to the draft, which is an indication that he may end up going in the first round. To who, I'm not sure yet. However, the NFL typically doesn't invite players that won't get taken high. Mark Herzlich is the exception this year, and I think he's been invited due to everything he has been through.

JC
04-18-2011, 01:36 AM
Ryan Williams has been invited to the draft, which is an indication that he may end up going in the first round. To who, I'm not sure yet. However, the NFL typically doesn't invite players that won't get taken high. Mark Herzlich is the exception this year, and I think he's been invited due to everything he has been through.

Definitely. Had he not gotten cancer, he would have been taken in the first round. I applaud this move. This guy deserves it, and it's something that would have happened/should have happened.

Lord Of Miami
04-18-2011, 05:12 AM
I'll say something nice about the guy.Or better yet, I'll just state simple facts.

He is the most versatile running back coming out in this years draft, out of all the top backs.

He's scored more then all the other top backs.

He's a home run waiting to happen.

He has some of the best hands in this draft.

He runs routes better then some WR's....and when you have a RB that can do that you always have the upper hand on a the team your playing.A team like the Colts or Saints or Packers would love to pick this guy up.He reminds me a lot of Marcus Allen.To me at the very least he'll put up Reggie Bush kind of numbers and just like Bush he's a KR.

So with a second or 3rd round pick we'd be getting a RB, A slot WR who could also be the seam threat we have needed for years and a KR.One player could cover 4 of our needs all by himself.........I'm thinking Murray is VERY high on our draft board.

Phins Rock
04-18-2011, 05:19 AM
If he's used in the right role I think he can be an effective player.

In his Sr. Season he changed up his training regiment in the off season and got much stronger. He became a north/south runner rather than an east/west guy and really had a productive season. He ran inbetween the tackles well and broke a lot more tackles than people are going to give him credit for. He also stayed injury free (for the most part...had an injury against FSU which sidelined him for the remainder of that game, but didn't miss any time afterwards). Him and Quizz Rodgers are the two best backs out of the backfield in this draft, and Murray also has experience in the return game.

I think as a 3rd down back and 5-7 carry a game type of guy he can be very effective. Dude is a playmaker.

Lord Of Miami
04-18-2011, 08:07 AM
The thing with Rodgers is it would be a huge " tell " to a D when he came into the game because it's ether going to be a fast play where the QB has to get the ball out of his hands or it's a swing pass to Rodgers because i don't see him blocking 250 OLB'ers.With Murry their really is no " tell " because he's 6 feet tall and 213 pounds and can do it all.

To me if a person thinks Reggie Bush or Felix Jones is worth a second round pick then i'd tend to think they would also think Murry is as well, because everything is pointing towards him being that kind of player in the NFL.

I could see him getting picked up by a team like the Packers or Saints late in the 1st round.

damanref10
04-18-2011, 08:10 AM
Ryan Williams would be by far and away my number one option at RB (im not a fan of Ingram), and to be quite honest i havent seen enough of Leshoure to like him or dislike him. But all Demarco Murray has done his entire career is produce numbers. Im a huge fan, and if hes sitting there in round 3 or 4 and we havent addressed our RB position yet, i think he would be a fantastic addition

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 08:21 AM
luckily i've heard nothing about any interest from miami in murray...dudes trash as an nfl running back anyways...only value he has is as a receiver out of the back field

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-18-2011, 09:21 AM

Not sure that qualifies as a strong indicator.....Kaepernick was invited and will be attending the draft also. No on has HIM going in the first.

Lord Of Miami
04-18-2011, 11:14 AM
luckily i've heard nothing about any interest from miami in murray...dudes trash as an nfl running back anyways...only value he has is as a receiver out of the back field

That's all Terry Kirby was good for and he was awesome in that role, lol and he was a 3rd round pick as well.

I think Murray will be a mid second round pick and start, but if your right and all he is.....is another Terry Kirby to me that's still a good 3rd round pick.

j-off-her-doll
04-18-2011, 02:34 PM

He has A LOT of value as a receiver out of the backfield.

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 04:35 PM
He has A LOT of value as a receiver out of the backfield.

when he's not in the training room...

finfan54
04-18-2011, 05:56 PM
I am a syracuse fan and delone carter would be a nice 5th round pickup to me. He is not super but he is consistantly good running the rock. can get to the corner most times and decent vision. Deangelo williams and he would do the trick for me. The only other thing is the KR abilities. Thats why I think we may have Jones on our brain with the fast 40 time.

Elliott 1
04-18-2011, 05:59 PM
I'll say something nice about the guy.Or better yet, I'll just state simple facts.

He is the most versatile running back coming out in this years draft, out of all the top backs.

He's scored more then all the other top backs.

He's a home run waiting to happen.

He has some of the best hands in this draft.

He runs routes better then some WR's....and when you have a RB that can do that you always have the upper hand on a the team your playing.A team like the Colts or Saints or Packers would love to pick this guy up.He reminds me a lot of Marcus Allen.To me at the very least he'll put up Reggie Bush kind of numbers and just like Bush he's a KR.

So with a second or 3rd round pick we'd be getting a RB, A slot WR who could also be the seam threat we have needed for years and a KR.One player could cover 4 of our needs all by himself.........I'm thinking Murray is VERY high on our draft board.

He is also the best athlete of any of the RB's.

He is also an academic all-american and high character guy.

However, the Dolphins don't have a 2nd, just pray he doesn't end up in our division. Our defense is great, but really good receiving RB's like ray rice and a few others have hurt us badly in the past.

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
i hope he does end up in our division cause then he won't be active on game day

X-Pacolypse
04-18-2011, 06:03 PM
Too injury prone.

enJeppesen
04-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Not sure that qualifies as a strong indicator.....Kaepernick was invited and will be attending the draft also. No on has HIM going in the first.

Except every analyst will tell you that every year a team will trade back in to the first for the QB they like and its no telling WHO that will be..Ponder, Dalton, Kaepernick, Locker etc etc etc..on top of that an NFC West team has him as their no 1 quarterback so maybe someone else does too.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/

spydertl79
04-19-2011, 12:38 AM
You want a great highlight video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Vs_FLVF3E

HurriPhin
04-19-2011, 12:57 AM
Our defense is great, but really good receiving RB's like ray rice and a few others have hurt us badly in the past.

Murray would strictly be a situational player (if he manages to stay healthy) and would be an obvious tip the passing game. Ray Rice is an all purpose back and a threat to run and catch.

Lord Of Miami
04-19-2011, 05:20 PM
This is funny and why it's fun talking about the draft because to me he's the only RB in this class that doesn't tip the other teams D at all, just because he's really good at coming out of backfield and playing in the slot doesn't mean his running skills are lacking....

He had 20 runs and 5 reception for an average last year ,some here are talking like it was the other way around.