PDA

View Full Version : What team has the best Draft Board?

foozool13
04-18-2011, 12:18 PM
So come D-Day, if you had the option to be drafting off of any teams BIG BOARD, whos would you want?

Personally I would take the Packers. I think Ted Thompson is a great talent evaluator. Look at all the starters on the team that he has personally drafted. He will be a long time GM in the NFL.

I also think the Chiefs should get a bit of credit here. Scott Pioli is def one of the better Gms around for sure.

justdev7
04-18-2011, 12:53 PM
The Steelers. You have to admire the way they have built their team. they have a powerful run game and an explosive passing offense. On the other side of the ball they have done an outstanding job of drafting 3-4 linbackers. Not may people realize it but they got probably the best 3-4 OLB in the draft last year when they took Jason Worilds (the guy has cam type explosion off the line). that being said, I hope that after this coming draft I won't be envying another teams draft board. I'm encouraged by the list of players that we have worked out.

Lord Of Miami
04-18-2011, 01:00 PM
Ravens, Ozzie Rules!!!!

He's been doing it better then anyone for a long time in my book.

Lord Of Miami
04-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Steelers are great to!

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 01:07 PM
ravens...packers...steelers

j-off-her-doll
04-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Steelers
Packers

Ravens

greasyObnoxious
04-18-2011, 02:59 PM
i still think Bill Polian is doing a hell of a job at drafting, so give me the Colts

TedSlimmJr
04-18-2011, 03:10 PM
I think the Lions are right up there with the best of them now since Martin Meyhew took over as General Manager... I think he's the best up-and-coming GM in the league... this guy knows talent, puts together quality drafts, and pulls off ridiculous trades in order to rid himself of overrated, overpaid players in exchange for multiple draft picks...

foozool13
04-18-2011, 03:52 PM
I think the Lions are right up there with the best of them now since Martin Meyhew took over as General Manager... I think he's the best up-and-coming GM in the league... this guy knows talent, puts together quality drafts, and pulls off ridiculous trades in order to rid himself of overrated, overpaid players in exchange for multiple draft picks...

So who did u vote for? Cuz the Lions still got 0.

TedSlimmJr
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
I didn't vote for any of them yet, my post was simply an observation on behalf of Meyhew.

I'd vote for Ozzie Newsome and the Ravens front office if I had to cast 1 vote, but Meyhew is the next up and comer. Meyhew and Thomas Dimitroff are two of the other GM's I think particularly highly of....

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 05:05 PM
i didn't vote either but pittsburgh always seems to reload with impact talent in the draft...ravens and steelers toss up

j-off-her-doll
04-18-2011, 05:21 PM
Take Manning off the Colts, and they're a 3-13 team. Unless you're willing to give Polian an A+ for life for drafting Manning, I don't see how you can be impressed at all with his recent work.

JFoxx
04-18-2011, 05:36 PM
Not knowing for sure who each team has on their draft board, the draft picks I'd like to have going into this year's draft is New England's. 2 picks in each of the first 3 rounds. Can you imagine the potential talent you could get from that if you pick half way decent in those picks? They've done an excellent job at gathering picks over the last year/two. I still hate them, but they've done well for themselves. I fear the day they actually start using those picks instead of just trading down and getting more the following year.

Valandui
04-18-2011, 05:42 PM

I think you're right in general, but I think they seriously f'd up taking Pettigrew over Oher and still refusing to do anything with their OL.

JerryD
04-19-2011, 03:01 AM
Packers by far ... even better than the Patsies.

They are just chock full of talent at every position. Even the picks that "the experts" chide ... many have become stars. All on one of the smallest budgets in the NFL!!

Vaark
04-22-2011, 02:28 PM
Packers. Capitalizing on Saban and Gruden's brainfarts to gobble up Rodgers immediately after one of The Diva's best seasons alone puts Ted Thompson over the top.

PhinsPhan11
04-23-2011, 10:17 AM
I went with the Packers. They have great talent evaluators, which have proven in some pretty good picks.

jamvinny
04-23-2011, 01:36 PM
Steelers, Packers, Ravens, Colts, Patriots, Eagles, Falcons, Tampa Bay, Lions, Saints - That's my top 10. You can argue for the Pack to be number 1, but the Steelers have been so consistant for many years in finding fantastic players and making them work!

Loving what the Lions and Falcons have been doing the past 2-3 seasons.

But what an amazing job going on at Tampa Bay!

Spesh
04-23-2011, 01:55 PM
Packers and Bucs.

Mark Dominik's past 2 drafts have been outstanding. He gets a 3rd in a row, the Bucs are probably in the superbowl.

Roman529
04-23-2011, 05:55 PM
I didn't vote for any team because every team has hit and misses....just look at the Patriots who were great at drafting players between 2000-2005 and then not so good from 2005-2010. You also don't know which players teams have on their draft boards, or who they are looking at this year. But I think the Packers have probably done the best job as of late.

nosleep
04-23-2011, 07:36 PM
Probably the Packers, and the Bucs haven't been doing bad for themselves lately, either.

state06
04-24-2011, 12:47 AM
obviously finheaven has the best draft board. personally i dont think anyone comes close