PDA

View Full Version : Have the Fins removed Mark Ingram from their Draft Board? No meeting with Pouncey

FinAtic8480
04-18-2011, 01:58 PM
• As the Dolphins look at Mark Ingram, consider: NFL Network’s Mike Lombardi said two teams removed him from their draft board because they’re worried about one of his knees. “Even fully healthy, I have concerns about whether he’s a first-round pick,” Mike Mayock said. … The Dolphins last week summoned UCLA linebacker Akeem Ayers to team offices to meet with Jeff Ireland and Tony Sparano. Mel Kiper projects him to go 21st.

• The Dolphins have had private workouts or meetings with numerous offensive linemen since February but, curiously, have not asked for one with UF guard/center Mike Pouncey, whom Todd McShay projects as their pick at No. 15. Among those they have auditioned: centers Ryan Pugh (Auburn) and Colin Baxter (Arizona); guard/center Rodney Hudson (FSU); and tackles Will Rackley (Lehigh) and Lee Ziemba (Auburn).

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/17/2170839_p2/miami-hurricanes-encouraged-by.html#ixzz1Jtmgb7Ph

Roman529
04-18-2011, 02:03 PM
I think taking Ingram is just too risky. If you take a RB at #15, he has to be a sure thing. There are plenty of guys like Ryan Williams and Taiwan Jones who will be there later. I have no issues with Pouncey but I think we have to look at a QB first, or trade down. Who takes a Guard with the 15th overall pick? I don't think Pouncey is Steve Hutchinson so why take him that early?

TrinidadDolfan
04-18-2011, 02:18 PM
Better cost/benefit to draft a RB later down

HurriPhin
04-18-2011, 02:39 PM
I'd love Ingram but if the knee injury rumors are true then I say trade down.

I'll puke if we draft Pouncey.

Fintastic2124
04-18-2011, 03:07 PM
I not completely against pouncy, but picking him at 15 would really piss me off.

SCOTTY
04-18-2011, 03:17 PM
ESPN radio reported 3 teams medically flunked Ingram in addition to the 2 who took him off their board completely. I can't see how we take him at 15. I would love Pouncey but not at 15, trade down in the 1st and then grab him. However, I heard the Giants were very interested at 19. Word has it that he is a plug and play at Center even though everyone on this board thinks he is crap at C.

justdev7
04-18-2011, 03:22 PM
Akeem Ayers is interesting because I didn't think anyone was considering him a 3-4OLB before a month ago. He has experience in coverage and there's no denying his athleticism.

I wasn't in favor of Ingram before the knee rumors and now I wouldn't touch him before the 2nd round. Daquan Bowers has the same issue and he's been completely removed from a few draft boards. I have to think that arthritis in a knee is just as bad if not worse for a RB than a DE.

HurriPhin
04-18-2011, 03:32 PM
ESPN radio reported 3 teams medically flunked Ingram in addition to the 2 who took him off their board completely. I can't see how we take him at 15. I would love Pouncey but not at 15, trade down in the 1st and then grab him. However, I heard the Giants were very interested at 19. Word has it that he is a plug and play at Center even though everyone on this board thinks he is crap at C.

It's not just Finheaven. Ask any Gator fan or any college fan for that matter that watched him mishandle snap after snap after snap last year. Pouncey was atrocous at center. There's no way anyone could deem him as "plug and play" at center.

SCOTTY
04-18-2011, 03:56 PM
It's not just Finheaven. Ask any Gator fan or any college fan for that matter that watched him mishandle snap after snap after snap last year. Pouncey was atrocous at center. There's no way anyone could deem him as "plug and play" at center.

I didn't have a chance to see him play at center. I hear he had difficult snapping the ball but I don't know to what extent. But then again I watched Incrapito roll the ball to Henne in the shotgun multilple times in the game where he moved to center LOL. All I know is he is an amazing guard and plays center as wel. Both Dallas and the Gaints have a ton of interest in him as a starter next year. With the Giants interest being at center.

Valandui
04-18-2011, 04:00 PM
So you mean that everyone just lazily sticking Ingram or Pouncey at our pick because they assume that we would never take an impact player at fifteen might be wrong? Color me shocked.

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 04:47 PM
Akeem Ayers is interesting because I didn't think anyone was considering him a 3-4OLB before a month ago. He has experience in coverage and there's no denying his athleticism.

I wasn't in favor of Ingram before the knee rumors and now I wouldn't touch him before the 2nd round. Daquan Bowers has the same issue and he's been completely removed from a few draft boards. I have to think that arthritis in a knee is just as bad if not worse for a RB than a DE.

you don't take a 3-4 olb prospect in the top 20 unless the guy has elite pass rush skills...akeem ayers is anything but...good change of direction and hips and fluid in space but average pass rusher if that imo

AWFUL PICK at #15...hell...i don't like the guy at all with a top 3 round pick

RHoffman
04-18-2011, 05:46 PM
Akeem Ayers is not a favorite of mine by any stretch and I would be shocked if he is the pick over someone like Aldon Smith. Mike Pouncey doesn't deserve to be number 15 overall.

JFoxx
04-18-2011, 06:01 PM
At this point leading up to the draft, I wouldn't trust anything I read, see or hear surrounding the Phins and who we might take. They have a history of running smoke screens after smoke screens and then draft someone very few every truly considered us taking. Then they say they got who they wanted the whole time. So either they are lying going up to the draft or they are lying after the draft. Either way, I wouldn't bet on anyone the experts are picking for us.