PDA

View Full Version : Question: Who do you THINK the Fins will draft

Hayden Fox
04-18-2011, 07:19 PM
Give a name and a sentence to explain why?

X-Pacolypse
04-18-2011, 07:43 PM
Ryan Mallett. I think the mandate has come down from the owner himself, "get a quarterback or else."

BlueFin
04-18-2011, 07:52 PM
Ryan Mallett. I think the mandate has come down from the owner himself, "get a quarterback or else."

Ryan Mallett as well, I agree that I believe part of the owner backing the current regime was that the team would not stay status quo at the QB position.

I honestly don't see a difference maker in free agency even if that does occur. I think they have fallen for Mallett and his big arm, not to mention his very credible football IQ.

Roonnette
04-18-2011, 07:55 PM
Ryan Kerrigan

X-Pacolypse
04-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Ryan Kerrigan

Makes sense seeing this regime has an obsession with Big 10 players. I much prefer Mallett, though.

Nublar7
04-18-2011, 08:00 PM
You know what, just over a week away from the draft and I still can't seem to zero in on who I think they will take. At one moment I think Mallett, than just a little later I think Pouncey. Those are the two I keep going back and forth in my mind on. One player that I used to believe that was in play that I don't think is anymore would be Ingram.

I think it will be between Pouncey and Mallett if both are still on the board and they don't trade out of the pick. Do they take Pouncey and stick him at guard to improve the running game and pass protection? Or do they reach and take Mallett and hope he is that franchise QB they have been searching for? Just can't wait until the whole process begins so we can finally get answers.

foozool13
04-18-2011, 08:06 PM
I think a lot has to do with what the Bengels do at #4. If they grab a QB I think we keep hopes of trading for Palmer and dont grab a QB at #15 and trade down at all costs, back to the 20s and grab Kyle Rudolph or Mikel LeShoure.

If we stay at #15 and Mallet is there, he is the pick.

10 MORE DAYS!!!!

BlueFin
04-18-2011, 08:07 PM
Makes sense seeing this regime has an obsession with Big 10 players. I much prefer Mallett, though.

Technically, Mallett has spent time in the big ten.

DKphin
04-18-2011, 08:10 PM
I would give you a name, but with this regime anything is possible.:rolleyes2:

hooshoops
04-18-2011, 08:19 PM
at #15 its mallet pouncey or ingram imo

but my lock to be a dolphin pick is aldrick robinson...

WaxOn WaxOff
04-18-2011, 08:58 PM
Anthony Castanzo BC OT. He has some ability to play OG as well, which is where we will start him. When we are done with Carey he slides over to RT. This will also tick off New England as an added bonus.

houtz
04-18-2011, 09:36 PM
If there is a god the Miami Dolphins will select Ryan Mallett

Dogbone34
04-18-2011, 10:18 PM
ryan mallet

the boss loves michigan and he wants a big arm

Hibachi
04-19-2011, 02:55 AM
I think we really like Mallet, but know that there is a chance he may not drop and have settled on Ponder as a contingency plan.

My wildcard, out of left field, pick is Jimmy Smith. I think we really really like him.

JerryD
04-19-2011, 03:04 AM
Plan A: Mallet ... we've had 15 FAIL QBs since Marino ... as a result Coach & Ireland are on the hot seat.

Plan B: If Mallet is gone by 15, OL ... even if its a trade down ... we need OL & RB ... which just happens to be Tony's plan ... but we MUST get 1 or 2 QBs & better get a couple more QB undrafted FAs!!

Buff
04-19-2011, 04:43 AM
With no FA before the draft, and possibly little or no training camps before the season starts, I tend to think it will be either

1. Mark Ingram because with no signed quality RB on the roster, he is an immeadiate improvement over Williams, Brown, Hilliard, Sheets etc.
or
2. Trade down & pick the BPA.

fins_rock
04-19-2011, 06:34 AM
OT Gabe Carimi.

Ireland and Sparano don't have the balls to pick a QB in the 1st rd.