PDA

View Full Version : Phins Mock, Rounds 1-4

ReppinThe941
04-19-2011, 12:48 AM
I was head deep in research on almost every team that picks from 20-32. I have come to the conclusion that Tampa and Seattle are both viable trade partners. Tampa picks 20th and Seattle picks 25th. I think Tampa may fall in love with Ryan Kerrigan and i don't think they will be in position to land him at 20. I also think that Seattle will be very interested in moving up to draft a QB. Locker and Mallet most likely will both be available.

and BTW just prefacing my post with the opinion that I think Henne will most likely be our starter opening day next year, just my opinion.

Assuming we trade down with Seattle, swapping 1st's and garner a 2nd(57th overall) this would be the mock:

1st - 25th Overall, Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame

I think Pouncey is our guy but I have a feeling if we don't take him at 15 or if we move down, NE will be taking an extremely long look at him at 17. Mallet is going to be in play regardless of the situation. I could feasibly see us taking him at 15 or moving down and still snagging him, it just depends on who our "guy" is. Its ether Pouncey or Mallet in my opinion. Another option would be to take Akeem Ayers and tandem him with Wake. Maybe possibly move Koa inside. But if we do take Rudolph he will instantly make Henne better and I could see him as the #3 receiving option after Marshall and Bess. A TE can be a young QB's best buddy.

2nd - 57th Overall, Titus Young, WR, Boise State

Again I think an OG will be largely in play. I have a feeling Marcus Cannon may still be on the board. Young would instantly give us a deep threat. Marshall, Bess, Rudolph, and Young would be a nice combination of friendly targets for our QB.

3rd - 79th Overall, John Moffitt, OG, Wisconsin

We get out interior o-line help here with a 4-year starting senior who also served as a team Captain.

4th - 111th Overall, Taiwan Jones, RB, Eastern Washington

What can i say? Im drinking the kool-aid.

CANDolphan
04-19-2011, 01:21 AM
Titus Young with that 2nd is a terrible pick, IMO.

Also, I've heard that San Diego is a strong possibility for us to trade with. They'd overpay in order to jump NE and Jax so they can grab an Ayers, and would pay for it with a 3rd rounder (they have two)

JerryD
04-19-2011, 01:27 AM
IMO ... we need QB & OL, then RB much more than TE ... WR is low on our list of true needs.

My reasoning ....
TE & WR will probably get Tony fired & put Ireland on the hot seat to be fired soon
TE & WR won't even improve the team much ... no one to get them the ball.

Not getting a decent QB in the first few rounds without a great excuse (like our man wasn't on the board) ... will doom them, especially if QBs do well & our picks flop.

Not meeting team needs & lack of success will be a disaster the fans & owner won't stand for. Heck, we're already fed up.

BUT ... just my opinion & I respect yours!!

ReppinThe941
04-19-2011, 01:37 AM
IMO ... we need QB & OL, then RB much more than TE ... WR is low on our list of true needs.

My reasoning ....
TE & WR will probably get Tony fired & put Ireland on the hot seat to be fired soon
TE & WR won't even improve the team much ... no one to get them the ball.

Not getting a decent QB in the first few rounds without a great excuse (like our man wasn't on the board) ... will doom them, especially if QBs do well & our picks flop.

Not meeting team needs & lack of success will be a disaster the fans & owner won't stand for. Heck, we're already fed up.

BUT ... just my opinion & I respect yours!!

I personally don't think Tony has the time to develop a young QB and Ireland knows this! Tony's job is on the line this season! Now of course that does not rule us out signing a veteran to compete with Henne. But my thought process is, where not going to get a franchise guy. so why not build everything else offensively.

Ireland has talked about getting play makers! Your telling me a TE who can work the seem and get vertical wont instantly help open up the middle of the field? I think Rudolph would make more of an impact at 25 than any other pick. We need a deep threat and a guy for the return game. Titus Young fits that mold, i personally like him.

ReppinThe941
04-19-2011, 01:40 AM
Titus Young with that 2nd is a terrible pick, IMO.

Also, I've heard that San Diego is a strong possibility for us to trade with. They'd overpay in order to jump NE and Jax so they can grab an Ayers, and would pay for it with a 3rd rounder (they have two)
SD overpaid us last season to move up and get Matthews. and you think that they will do this again? Its just seems far fetched to me. Not to mention a 3rd would not even be worth that compensation. We settle for a 3rd when a 2nd is typical compensation? Granted were only talking ab moving a few picks but garnering a 3rd and moving a few picks is not what ireland has in mind. Im looking for a move extremely similar to last years.

could u also explain why you think that would be a bad selection?

enJeppesen
04-19-2011, 02:01 AM
Mocks are guess work at best..trade down mocks are like winning in the lottery while also crashing in an airplane being hit by lighting 10 times in a row.

jonanthans
04-19-2011, 02:03 AM
so you are replying to it for what reason???

JerryD
04-19-2011, 02:39 AM
I personally don't think Tony has the time to develop a young QB and Ireland knows this! Tony's job is on the line this season! Now of course that does not rule us out signing a veteran to compete with Henne. But my thought process is, where not going to get a franchise guy. so why not build everything else offensively.

Ireland has talked about getting play makers! Your telling me a TE who can work the seem and get vertical wont instantly help open up the middle of the field? I think Rudolph would make more of an impact at 25 than any other pick. We need a deep threat and a guy for the return game. Titus Young fits that mold, i personally like him.

The same argument was made before we had a Receiver corps ... now we've got a decent one & the Offense is actually worse ... no QB no O!!

Look at the other teams w/o QB ... SF has TE Vernon Davis, Crabtree AND Ginn & they stink ... Arizona has Larry Fitzgerald & they stink ... Dallas is loaded with Receivers & Romo played bad & they stink ... same story no many other QB-less teams.

If they draft a QB ... they'll get at least one extra look-see year ... like the governor staying their execution for review before ole sparky!! lol

We either have to get a QB or O-Line & RB which Tony says is his game.

BTW, our FO wants a blocking TE first who can catch ... not a pure receiving TE ... can Rudolph block (I don't know.)

Sorry, just don't see it happening ... it won't help the team w/o QB & get Tony fired & Ireland on the hot seat.

hooshoops
04-19-2011, 08:58 AM
if san diego wants akeem ayers why in the heck would they trade up from #18 to #15 to get him...there's no way ayers goes in the top 17...at least no way i can see it

mrhankey81701
04-19-2011, 09:36 AM
The same argument was made before we had a Receiver corps ... now we've got a decent one & the Offense is actually worse ... no QB no O!!

Look at the other teams w/o QB ... SF has TE Vernon Davis, Crabtree AND Ginn & they stink

San Fransisco has Ginn and they still stink? Who woulda thunk it

Show Me Your TDs
04-19-2011, 10:04 AM
SD overpaid us last season to move up and get Matthews. and you think that they will do this again? Its just seems far fetched to me. Not to mention a 3rd would not even be worth that compensation. We settle for a 3rd when a 2nd is typical compensation? Granted were only talking ab moving a few picks but garnering a 3rd and moving a few picks is not what ireland has in mind. Im looking for a move extremely similar to last years.

could u also explain why you think that would be a bad selection?

Not when you only move down 3 spots. Three spots will only net you a 3rd rounder.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

if san diego wants akeem ayers why in the heck would they trade up from #18 to #15 to get him...there's no way ayers goes in the top 17...at least no way i can see it

I see Ayers falling out of the first round. That bad 40 time will push him out of day one.

greasyObnoxious
04-19-2011, 10:25 AM

i see your point, but i've learned to "see" a lot of things as far as the draft is concerned.

enJeppesen
04-19-2011, 11:21 AM
so you are replying to it for what reason???

Fair enough. First off: Why Seattle? They dont have a 3rd do they? So this unrealistic trade already got even more unreal. I think Saints is a more likely trade partner trying to get a lineman..Seahawks are gonna trade down if anything, they want more picks.

hooshoops
04-19-2011, 11:59 AM
Not when you only move down 3 spots. Three spots will only net you a 3rd rounder.

---------- Post added at 09:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:03 AM ----------

I see Ayers falling out of the first round. That bad 40 time will push him out of day one.

as do i but he did run 4.7 at his pro day workout...i still think that guys way overrated