PDA

View Full Version : 2 Possible Mock Drafts (Realistic)

kvado16
04-19-2011, 02:26 PM
These are 2 mock drafts I have designed for the Dolphins, I tried to make it as realistic as possible (So please dont attack me if you disagree cause you might piss me off and i'll probably get banned again.) As you all know i've been an avid supporter of Jake Locker (as you can see in my avatar), well neither of my mocks include him because to be honest I have been kind of bias on him, meaning yes he can be a reach at 15, and it is very unrealistic that we draft him, so anyways here are both my mock drafts. Enjoy!

Mock Draft #1

1.) QB- Ryan Mallett (Trade down and get back a 2nd round pick) I've never really been high on Mallett but lets face it he is the best passer in this years draft, my only problems with him is 1. his character and 2. most of all his mobility, now if we can protect him well, he can be a pro-bowl caliber player, but thats a huge IF.
2.) OT- Ben Lijalana...Big dude, excellent in pass protection and would be a great addition to our offensive line as a right tackle opposite of Jake Long. (Ideal pick so we can help protect Mallett from being pressured too often.)
3.) C- Stefen Wisniewski...An excellent field general for an offensive line and is a great pass blocker as well. (Reminds me of Jeff Faine.)
4.) RB- Taiwan Jones....Fast and shifty runner who can be a home run hitter anytime he touches the ball, this is the exact player Sparano is looking for in the running back position.
5.) LB- Greg Jones...Big linebacker who is great at tackling but is an average pass defender at best.
6.) WR- Denarius Moore....Fast vertical threat that is missing from our offense, he is sure to juice up our passing game with his mid 4.3 speed.
7.) RB- John Clay...Can possibly be a steal or he can go undrafted similar to how LeGarrete Blount did, but in this case we draft him as a powerback who can complement Jones well but in any case if he doesnt prove to be a steal, we can always resign Ronnie or some other free agent runner.
7.) CB- Ryan Hill....Might be a bias pick but anyhow its a 7th rounder, so we take Hill who i think has tremendous potential.

Mock #2

1.) RB- Mark Ingram (You've seen it before and you'll see it again Ingram is the pick in this mock if we somehow cant find a trade partner.)
3.) OG- John Moffitt (Good run blocker who can open up running lanes for Ingram, just how he did in Wisconsin helping the Badgers place #12 in Rushing Yards in the nation.)
4.) OLB- Dontay Moch (I dont know if i like this pick too much, but I do know that Sparano loves pass rushers and he has been looking for another one for awhile now, so he gets a pass rusher here.)
5.) QB- Greg McElroy (In 2008 we selected 2 teammates in Henne and Long, and now this year we get two former teammates in Ingram and McElroy. Now I know most of you dont like McElroy but the truth is hes a pretty good QB whos smart and savvy of the game. Lots of people point to his lack of arm strength, but after watching a little film on him, he can throw the ball pretty far, of course he cant throw as far as Cam Newton persay but he's no Chad Pennington when it comes to arm strength, as some of you may recall people questioned Brady's arm strength back in 2001 which cost him to fall to the 6th round, now look at him.)
6.) WR- Denarius Moore (Again he is the speedy type receiver that is lacking from our offense.)
7.) RB- Derrick Locke (A speedy back to complement Ingram in the run game)
7.) CB-Ryan Hill (Idk same thing but its just a 7th anyways.)

kvado16
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Oh and btw if you disagree with some of the placements by rounds of some of these players i got the projections from here http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_QB, and here http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?page=KiperMockDraft4.0

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 02:36 PM
I'll take Taiwan Jones and Dontay Moch in the 4th rounds, but I doubt either slides.

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Oh and btw if you disagree with some of the placements by rounds of some of these players i got the projections from here http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2011_QB, and here http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/insider/news/story?page=KiperMockDraft4.0

Taiwan Jones has been skyrocketing since he nuked his pro day.

Moch, ya know, the super athletes seldom slide.

beanh8er
04-19-2011, 03:15 PM
No way Moore lasts until the 6th.

kvado16
04-19-2011, 03:17 PM
He wasnt even ranked by ESPN so i figured i would place him there.
No way Moore lasts until the 6th.

beanh8er
04-19-2011, 03:19 PM
He wasnt even ranked by ESPN so i placed him there.

They know nothing. If he makes it past the 4th I'll be shocked.

jonanthans
04-19-2011, 03:24 PM
I'll be happy with mock #1 but thats not a likely scenario, especially T. Jones in the 4th. I do believe you are correct on Clay though, could be a very late steal, not going to blow you away but would be a good workhorse for us.

Mock #2, I like the Ingram pick more than others, but what I really like is McElroy in the 4th. To me he is a stronger armed Pennington, ran a Pro style offense at Bama and is a great leader. The rest of the picks are vanilla, but it is likely the more realistic mock of the two.

Roman529
04-19-2011, 03:26 PM
Mallett and Taiwan Jones would be great....I think Jones will be a third rounder.

finfan54
04-19-2011, 06:13 PM
No TE? hmmmm

JRoX85
04-19-2011, 06:30 PM
Sry but Ingram is gonna fall to rnd 2 due to his knee

kvado16
04-19-2011, 07:44 PM
Idk we'll see come draft day, me personally i think hes too good to slip to the 2nd round so we'll see.
Sry but Ingram is gonna fall to rnd 2 due to his knee

kvado16
04-19-2011, 07:50 PM
Yea no TE, me personally i would have taken DJ Williams in the 4th but I dont think the Dolphins will draft a Tight End, i hope im wrong though.
No TE? hmmmm

SCOTTY
04-19-2011, 07:54 PM
I could deal with #1 but I don't think some of those guys last to the round you have them going in. But addressing the Oline, QB, RB first. I'm good with that even though I'm not a huge Mallett fan. But that fact that you took care of other glaring needs-thumbs up.

j-off-her-doll
04-19-2011, 08:19 PM
In the mock I'm doing with friends, I drafted Moore to San Diego in the 3rd. I only waited that long, because I knew the people I was drafting with are unfamiliar with him.