PDA

View Full Version : Kaepernick: The Total Package

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 02:33 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f54896/article/kaepernick-holds-slight-athletic-edge-over-newton-trainer-says

Any eyes being opened yet??

Locke
04-19-2011, 02:42 PM
:bobdole:

HurriPhin
04-19-2011, 03:02 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/YoungManasleepatwork001-1.jpg

PALMA
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
The Dolphins will try to land one of these Qbs: Mallet, Ponder, or Kaepernick.

newlownorder
04-19-2011, 03:40 PM
http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f54896/article/kaepernick-holds-slight-athletic-edge-over-newton-trainer-says

nope.

Mr. Magoo
04-19-2011, 03:44 PM
Elliot1 is to Colin Kaepernick as...

FinAtic8480 is to OJ Atogwe and Vince Young.

Spesh
04-19-2011, 03:49 PM

The guy who trains Colin Kaepernick says hes a good quarterback?

Whoa, this changes everything.

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM
I found it very interesting that this trainer who trained both Kap and Cam Newton was said to be a friend of Newton and his family going way back. If he was going to toot somebody's horn, you would have thought it would have been Newton's.

Gotta appreciate this man's integrity in telling it like it is.

Mr. Magoo
04-19-2011, 03:53 PM
The guy who trains Colin Kaepernick says hes a good quarterback?

Whoa, this changes everything.

Exactly. Something tells me the next kid this guy trains will be the best quarterback of the 57 he's worked with.

Vaark
04-19-2011, 04:14 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/16c0w1u-1.jpg

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Aqua and Orange
04-19-2011, 04:27 PM
With this thread title, I expected to see a photo Colin K's dong.

-Charlie Casserly would rave about it.

Kdawg954
04-19-2011, 04:31 PM
I found it very interesting that this trainer who trained both Kap and Cam Newton was said to be a friend of Newton and his family going way back. If he was going to toot somebody's horn, you would have thought it would have been Newton's.

Gotta appreciate this man's integrity in telling it like it is.

Newton's horn doesn't need to be "tooted" . . . his accomplishments and his downfalls are "well documented" . . . hell he is pretty much the consensus #1 pick for Carolina in most mock drafts. Him bigging up Newton is just going to fall in line with the million other trainers, "experts" and analysts who have already gave their 2 cents. If he bigs up Kaepernick, he gives more hope to "those" who feel he is going to be better than John Elway, like yourself.

It is easy to fall in love with somebody's opinion when it mirrors you own opinion, so I would expect you to be in agreement with this article.

I don't think I have heard anybody say they don't believe Kaepernick will be a good QB in the NFL (compared to others). Hell everybody was on his bandwagon as a 4th or 5th round pick, first round is real absurd though. But as far as early projections and comparing to other QB's in this draft, I wouldn't bet on him. He still could end up being the best, does anybody really know? But that is like me saying Demarcus Van Dyke is going to be the best CB in this draft. Maybe it would happen, highly doubt it, but how much money you got to back your sentiment up?

Everybody respects his athleticism, his intangibles and his arm strength . . . unfortunatley there is more to it than that.

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 05:44 PM
Newton's horn doesn't need to be "tooted" . . . his accomplishments and his downfalls are "well documented" . . . hell he is pretty much the consensus #1 pick for Carolina in most mock drafts. Him bigging up Newton is just going to fall in line with the million other trainers, "experts" and analysts who have already gave their 2 cents. If he bigs up Kaepernick, he gives more hope to "those" who feel he is going to be better than John Elway, like yourself.

It is easy to fall in love with somebody's opinion when it mirrors you own opinion, so I would expect you to be in agreement with this article.

I don't think I have heard anybody say they don't believe Kaepernick will be a good QB in the NFL (compared to others). Hell everybody was on his bandwagon as a 4th or 5th round pick, first round is real absurd though. But as far as early projections and comparing to other QB's in this draft, I wouldn't bet on him. He still could end up being the best, does anybody really know? But that is like me saying Demarcus Van Dyke is going to be the best CB in this draft. Maybe it would happen, highly doubt it, but how much money you got to back your sentiment up?

Everybody respects his athleticism, his intangibles and his arm strength . . . unfortunatley there is more to it than that.

Did you read the article????

If you did, I can't even respond without being insulting.

Maybe you need to read it again.

Jason LaCanfora put the athletic spin on it. The trainer plainly said things about Kap understanding the game better, being the most NFL ready, and all the complete package stuff.

It doesn't get any clearer than a guy who has trained elite prospects for over 20 years saying that Kap is the complete package and the most NFL ready of any QB he has ever trained.

He also made particular reference to the development they achieved in the area of footwork, being under center, and delivery.

Nobody on the planet is in a better position to make a recomendation between Newton and Kaepernick, and he chose to recomend Kaepernick.

Reality is breaking through the clouds of predjudice and ignorance.

The pre-eminence of the SEC is blown way out of proportion, and the importance of offensive schemes for QB's is overrated, especially in the case of four year starters.

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Oh, and as far as that very appealing challenge mentioned........It is my understanding that such things are not in the best interest of the website.

TedSlimmJr
04-19-2011, 06:10 PM
Did you read the article????

If you did, I can't even respond without being insulting.

Maybe you need to read it again.

Jason LaCanfora put the athletic spin on it. The trainer plainly said things about Kap understanding the game better, being the most NFL ready, and all the complete package stuff.

It doesn't get any clearer than a guy who has trained elite prospects for over 20 years saying that Kap is the complete package and the most NFL ready of any QB he has ever trained.

He also made particular reference to the development they achieved in the area of footwork, being under center, and delivery.

Nobody on the planet is in a better position to make a recomendation between Newton and Kaepernick, and he chose to recomend Kaepernick.

Reality is breaking through the clouds of predjudice and ignorance.

The pre-eminence of the SEC is blown way out of proportion, and the importance of offensive schemes for QB's is overrated, especially in the case of four year starters.

What "elite" quarterback prospects has Chip Smith trained? Unless he has someone relevant to hang his reputation on, pointing to Colin Kaepernick as being the "most complete package" and "most NFL ready" quarterback prospect he's ever trained doesn't hold much water.... unless he's talking about guys like Rhett Bomar...

Try telling Nevada's fellow WAC brethren San Jose St., Fresno St., and conference bellcow Boise St. about how blown out of proportion the pre-eminence of the SEC is and they'll gladly turn around and show you the lashes across their a**es of the 40 point beatdowns they suffered at the hands of Ole Miss, Bama, and Georgia the last time they were given the opportunity to give an SEC team a breather from knocking heads with one another..

The fact that sensible folk aren't convinced that a project quarterback playing out of the pistol, padding stats against powder puffs, meanwhile struggling against legitimate defenses, with a wind-up that comes all the way from Salt Lake City isn't going to be better than John Elway is hardly an indication of predjudice....

However, anyone constantly pounding that drum over and over again is certainly an indication of ignorance..

Elliott 1
04-19-2011, 06:34 PM
What "elite" quarterback prospects has Chip Smith trained? Unless he has someone relevant to hang his reputation on, pointing to Colin Kaepernick as being the "most complete package" and "most NFL ready" quarterback prospect he's ever trained doesn't hold much water.... unless he's talking about guys like Rhett Bomar...

Try telling Nevada's fellow WAC brethren San Jose St., Fresno St., and conference bellcow Boise St. about how blown out of proportion the pre-eminence of the SEC is and they'll gladly turn around and show you the lashes across their a**es of the 40 point beatdowns they suffered at the hands of Ole Miss, Bama, and Georgia the last time they were given the opportunity to give an SEC team a breather from knocking heads with one another..

The fact that sensible folk aren't convinced that a project quarterback playing out of the pistol, padding stats against powder puffs, meanwhile struggling against legitimate defenses, with a wind-up that comes all the way from Salt Lake City isn't going to be better than John Elway is hardly an indication of predjudice....

However, anyone constantly pounding that drum over and over again is certainly an indication of ignorance..

Pounding the drum?? Dude! Noone could ever challenge your preeminence on that instrument.

hooshoops
04-19-2011, 06:53 PM

ouch...lmao

TedSlimmJr
04-19-2011, 07:33 PM
Pounding the drum?? Dude! Noone could ever challenge your preeminence on that instrument.

Between Kaepernick and a lying, cheating, thief of a football illiterate scam artist, with a fake smile, little experience, and a helicopter father/agent/coach/preacher..

..a coked-out, immobile, slug statue of a Bobby Petrino product, who thinks he's a mix of Eminem, Vanilla Ice, Peyton Manning and Alonzo off Training Day...

... a skiddish, inaccurate, system quarterback who's eyes drop at the first sign pressure faster than a cheap prom dress at a fraternity party, couldn't even make a Big-12 2nd team All Conference Selection...

Any of these guys would be a hard sell to any billionaire that signs the checks and is looking for a franchise quarterback wouldn't you say? Now you can say I bashed all of them...

The point is, exaggeration and hyperbole knows no bounds in hands of carelessness.

finfan54
04-19-2011, 07:43 PM
Between Kaepernick and a lying, cheating, thief of a football illiterate scam artist, with a fake smile, little experience, and a helicopter father/agent/coach/preacher..

..a coked-out, immobile, slug statue of a Bobby Petrino product, who thinks he's a mix of Eminem, Vanilla Ice, Peyton Manning and Alonzo off Training Day...

... a skiddish, inaccurate, system quarterback who's eyes drop at the first sign pressure faster than a cheap prom dress at a fraternity party, couldn't even make a Big-12 2nd team All Conference Selection...

Any of these guys would be a hard sell to any billionaire that signs the checks and is looking for a franchise quarterback wouldn't you say? Now you can say I bashed all of them...

The point is, exaggeration and hyperbole knows no bounds in hands of carelessness.

coked out...like charlie sheen lol