PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall: Ryan Mallet will be an All Pro QB

FinAtic8480
04-19-2011, 09:14 PM
Listen to me. Ryan Mallett will be an All-Pro Qb.

@roddywhiteTV: RT @BMarshall19: Listen to me. Ryan Mallett will be an All-Pro Qb. I'm wit u on tht @BMarshall19” he's the hip Matty ice

www.twitter.com/BMarshall19

www.twitter.com/roddywhiteTV

SRM
04-19-2011, 09:21 PM
Said the same about Henne..

Of course this could hold a little more weight because Mallet isn't on the team, so he doesn't have to endorse him or anything like that.

X-Pacolypse
04-19-2011, 09:23 PM
Let's make this happen.

FinAtic8480
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM
Dolfans are going commit suicide if the Dolphins don't draft Mallet. Especially now that Marshall has endorse him.

tylerdolphin
04-19-2011, 09:28 PM
Dolfans are going commit suicide if the Dolphins don't draft Mallet. Especially now that Marshall has endorse him.

I could give two ****s about what Marshall thinks about him. I want him because Ive seen him play. Hes legit.

FinAtic8480
04-19-2011, 09:32 PM
I could give two ****s about what Marshall thinks about him. I want him because Ive seen him play. Hes legit.

I agree Mallet has the goods hope we draft him.

kcbrown
04-19-2011, 09:38 PM
Ryan Leaf he will not be. 6'7" with a cannon arm, slow like Marino and 'character' issues just like Big Ben- who cares...block for this guy and our passing game opens up something crazy.

Let's get our own QB, put some meat on his bones and get in the playoffs for once.

beanh8er
04-19-2011, 09:39 PM
This draft could go either wag with me. Either instill faith (drafting mallett) or have me cry myself to sleep(drafting Andy Dalton)

footsteps_falco
04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
if mallett goes before us, would you guys be mad if we traded down and took ponder/locker or someone in the early 1st

FinAtic8480
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
if mallett goes before us, would you guys be mad if we traded down and took ponder/locker or someone in the early 1st

I think if the Fins pass on Mallet fans will turn their back on the franchise. The kid is the real deal and the Fins have not had such a good chance of drafting a potential franchise QB in years.

TKAllDay
04-19-2011, 09:44 PM
Mallet 2 Marshall. To me, Mallet has a little River in him

Myles Fynch
04-19-2011, 10:00 PM
Guy to girlfriend: "Don't you think that girl over there is hot? Cute face, a little thinner than you, and with bigger boobs, too."

Smooth, Marshall. You better hope they get him now 'cause Henne hates you.

lol

X-Pacolypse
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
Guy to girlfriend: "Don't you think that girl over there is hot? Cute face, a little thinner than you, and with bigger boobs, too."

lol

Marshall hates Henne as it is.

flynryan15
04-19-2011, 10:17 PM

lol

Henne knows he sucks! 10s of thousands of his home fans have been telling him that every game since his freshman year.

DrewStogs.
04-19-2011, 10:29 PM
then let's make him OUR All Pro QB!!!

kvado16
04-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Thats not exactly true man, I wouldnt mind drafting Mallett as a matter of fact I would be pretty excited about getting Mallett but I would be too if we got either Newton, Gabbert, or Locker as well. I wouldnt even be upset with picking Ingram to tell you the truth as long as we draft a reasonable player at the positions we need.
I think if the Fins pass on Mallet fans will turn their back on the franchise. The kid is the real deal and the Fins have not had such a good chance of drafting a potential franchise QB in years.

Buff
04-19-2011, 10:48 PM
I want a player that starts straight away, and too me thats Ingram, pouncey or wcastonzo. Mallett will not beat out henne during tc.

roy_miami
04-19-2011, 11:07 PM
Mallet's stock is rising so fast pre-draft I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses Newton or Gabbert and goes top 7

IDFinFan
04-19-2011, 11:18 PM
I don't think Mallet will be available at 15. I just think someone will trade up for him and leapfrog us.

NYPhinzFan
04-19-2011, 11:19 PM
Mallet's stock is rising so fast pre-draft I wouldn't be surprised if he surpasses Newton or Gabbert and goes top 7

I've been getting that same feeling for 2 weeks now

flplaydoh
04-20-2011, 02:30 AM
I saw it to, he is the real F'in deal and thats not just bc I'm a Hawgs fan!

Krush
04-20-2011, 05:14 AM
I wouldn't because I believe that Ponder is ready to play right now

Krush
04-20-2011, 05:16 AM
There aren't any teams ahead of the fin that need a QB

JCane
04-20-2011, 05:25 AM

Not a fan of Mallett as it is...now I'm even less of a fan now that this gutterball Marshall is pimping him.

I'd be willing to take a shot at Gabbert in the first round if there's a way to deal up....MAYBE Ponder in the second round. But overall, this QB draft class is garbage.

etsudolfan
04-20-2011, 06:29 AM
There aren't any teams ahead of the fin that need a QB

Cardinals, Titans, Redskins, Vikings...thats 4

SuperMarksBros.
04-20-2011, 07:54 AM
Overheard LaCanfora on NFL Network yesterday that the Redskins have considerable interest in Mallett at 10. Part of me wants to see this guy go before we select because these guys arent taking him IMO:

1.Win-now mode, they need someone that can help them right away and the 1st sign of a tough season, the fans/media/owner will be calling to put in the rookie, which in turn guarantees losses and further seals this regime's fate.

2."Character" concerns. This is complete nonsense, but these uber conservative guys draft choir boys(ie, last years team captain-heavy draft). Give me the dbag that makes plays and gets arrested, as opposed to the saint that isnt good enough.

3. No 2nd round pick. Is there any doubt these guys would rather trade down and re-coup a pick they traded away that take the BPA, even at a need position?

JayFin327
04-20-2011, 08:25 AM
Please front office.....if Mallet is there at 15 take him and not risk trying to trade down then picking up another DE.

normaniii
04-20-2011, 08:26 AM
We will not be selecting at #15......we will trade down ....no doubt!

RUDEbyallMEANS
04-20-2011, 09:09 AM
Mallett will be a bust.

Roonnette
04-20-2011, 09:22 AM
Mallett will be a bust.

Henne is a bust. So are Pat White and Tyler Thigpen.

JFoxx
04-20-2011, 10:16 AM
The funny thing is, I just get this bad feeling they won't even take a QB in the first. I've seen them do this time and time again where they "feel" the need at another position was greater than at QB, so my fear is that we will ignore it again and maybe get a "seasoned vet" to back up Henne once FA comes open. I surely hope I'm wrong on this one, but I've gotten my hopes up so many previous years . . . .

Ed Norton
04-20-2011, 10:17 AM

I can see the air coming out of our sails if that happens. It will be depressing like watching the other team's game winning FG go through the uprights with no time left. I guess it depends, is Gabbert gone? Should they consider Newton? If all 3 are gone I guess you have to trade the pick if you can. If you can't trade maybe you have to take Ponder right there or I don't know, maybe try to get a FA. It's a desperate situation. I pray Gabbert is still there if one of these teams sees the light and takes Mallet.

TheJetsBlow
04-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Wow, I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I didn't realize there was so much love for Mallet among the FinHeaven faithful. Everything I've read about the kid is that he lacks leadership and is a statue in the pocket, which worries the **** outta me. I don't watch a ton of college football, so I haven't seen him play that much. Anyone care to opine on why they think Ryan Mallet can be our next franchise QB?

Skree
04-20-2011, 11:30 AM
Wow, I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I didn't realize there was so much love for Mallet among the FinHeaven faithful. Everything I've read about the kid is that he lacks leadership and is a statue in the pocket, which worries the **** outta me. I don't watch a ton of college football, so I haven't seen him play that much. Anyone care to opine on why they think Ryan Mallet can be our next franchise QB?Here is something that might help you decide for yourself.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_lies_damn_lies_and_1.html

NYPhin24
04-20-2011, 11:35 AM
Wow, I haven't been on the boards in a while, so I didn't realize there was so much love for Mallet among the FinHeaven faithful. Everything I've read about the kid is that he lacks leadership and is a statue in the pocket, which worries the **** outta me. I don't watch a ton of college football, so I haven't seen him play that much. Anyone care to opine on why they think Ryan Mallet can be our next franchise QB?

The general opinions I have seen is (in no particular order), his #1 his 6'7 fram (hopefully this will prevent balls batted down at the line or batter up in the air for a interception ala Henne), #His obvious rocket for an arm, but the part most liked about that rocket arm is not only its his #3ability to not underthrow anyone but he has great deep throw accuracy which again Henne lacks, #4 He comes from a pro-style drop back passer offense, #5 He seems to get pissed when he makes a bad throw or turns the ball over (unlike Henne) and takes command of the huddle and looks like he would be a guy that could compete with Marshall and not take his bull**** and grab him by the facemask and say STFU and run your route (i hope) #6 he played against top competition and had success #7 a competitor straight up

The knocks on him are his drug rumors, rumors of not being a leader, not mobile at all, cant make plays under pressure

hope that helps a little

TheJetsBlow
04-20-2011, 12:09 PM
The general opinions I have seen is (in no particular order), his #1 his 6'7 fram (hopefully this will prevent balls batted down at the line or batter up in the air for a interception ala Henne), #His obvious rocket for an arm, but the part most liked about that rocket arm is not only its his #3ability to not underthrow anyone but he has great deep throw accuracy which again Henne lacks, #4 He comes from a pro-style drop back passer offense, #5 He seems to get pissed when he makes a bad throw or turns the ball over (unlike Henne) and takes command of the huddle and looks like he would be a guy that could compete with Marshall and not take his bull**** and grab him by the facemask and say STFU and run your route (i hope) #6 he played against top competition and had success #7 a competitor straight up

The knocks on him are his drug rumors, rumors of not being a leader, not mobile at all, cant make plays under pressure

hope that helps a little

That does help a bit, thanks. I'm hearing all kinds of conflicting info, but I know Ireland and Sparano have spent of time with the kid and really done their due dilligence on him. I'm hoping we pick him after reading some of the positive reviews.

TheJetsBlow
04-20-2011, 12:33 PM
Here is something that might help you decide for yourself.

http://weblogs.sun-sentinel.com/sports/columnists/hyde/blog/2011/03/draft_winds_lies_damn_lies_and_1.html

After reading that, I don't see any reason why we shouldn't draft this kid.