PDA

View Full Version : Live in another time?

WeVie
04-20-2011, 12:46 AM
If you could live in any other decade or time period, what would it be? Three come to me that I think would be very cool. I look back on the 50's and think of how cool it looks to me. The diners and drive ins. Another one would be the old west. I would be an outlaw for sure. The other would be med evil times. It looks cool but it would be very harsh and cruel to most anyone that was not nobility.

What would you choose?

Rafiki
04-20-2011, 01:01 AM
I honestly wouldn't because life was so much harder back in the day.

But, if I had to choose one period, it would probably be the 'dark ages'.

Have you read this one?:

http://listverse.com/2011/02/15/top-10-reasons-we-should-revive-the-dark-ages/

d-day
04-20-2011, 02:02 AM
60's hands down. If only for the music. From the beginning with folk rock and Phil Spector's girls groups and early Elvis to the British Invasion and then the Psychedelia of Hendrix, Sly Stone and the Doors. That's 3 very distinct music styles/changes in just one decade. Not to mention the drugs, the free sex, the politics, the muscle cars, Raquel Welch...

CedarPhin
04-20-2011, 02:04 AM
60s-70s, or Ancient Rome (I'd have to be in the military or something though).

The 60s would be out-****ing-rageous.

CedarPhin
04-20-2011, 02:05 AM
Maybe the 80s too. The Hurricanes were fantastic, and we had a young QB named Dan Marino.

JCane
04-20-2011, 02:15 AM
Either the 1920's or the 1950/1960's.

Baseball was great during those decades.

Bumpus
04-20-2011, 07:05 AM
The time - 1957
The place - Las Vegas

... 5 years before they knew about card counting!!! :lol::up:

Arsenal WV
04-20-2011, 08:06 AM
The 60's.

WeVie
04-20-2011, 09:20 AM
I would not choose the 60's because of the war and the draft and all that, but then again, the dark ages were all about war too.

I guess a better question is what time period would you want to be able to visit because like I said, the older times would be very harsh

WeVie
04-20-2011, 09:29 AM
I honestly wouldn't because life was so much harder back in the day.

But, if I had to choose one period, it would probably be the 'dark ages'.

Have you read this one?:

http://listverse.com/2011/02/15/top-10-reasons-we-should-revive-the-dark-ages/

That does not sound very harsh or cruel huh.

SpurzN703
04-20-2011, 10:49 AM
50's a la Back to the Future. Seeing Goldie Wilson start his campaign, wearing life preserver jackets and having Lou give you **** for it, and using quotes such as "Make like a tree and get out of here" and "Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?".

Bobby Humphrey
04-20-2011, 06:56 PM
1972 .... ha ha

BobDole
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
this is a topic my friends and i constantly talk about. as far as the modern era goes - 60's hands down (70's for the most part too) - for the music alone. to be able to witness the greatness of a young dylan, the band, or allman brothers live? what i would give ...

going back in time - living in europe during the enlightenment would be pretty amazing - so many great minds/new ways of thinking in that era.

there are so many times in history that would be cool - ancient greece/rome, the renaissance, the industrial revolution, etc.. - but the drawbacks for us spoiled *******s are just too intense. getting sick was a ***** back then before antibiotics, etc - dying from something like dysentery (diarrhea) would be a real kick in the nuts. hygiene was basically nonexistent - stinky chicks with hairy pits are not my biggest turn on. plus sanitation was almost nonexistent - everywhere smelled like egypt.

another one for me would be 1921 ireland. being able to witness - or better yet being involved with - the victory (yeah i know - not quite - but seemingly) over those british oppressors after centuries of getting raped and pillaged would be indescribable.

WeVie
04-20-2011, 08:39 PM
50's a la Back to the Future. Seeing Goldie Wilson start his campaign, wearing life preserver jackets and having Lou give you **** for it, and using quotes such as "Make like a tree and get out of here" and "Who the hell is John F. Kennedy?".

GREAT SCOTT!! How did you know that I love Back To The Future so much?

"If you want a Pepsi pal, you gotta pay for it!"
"McFly, I thought I told you never to come in here!"
"He can sleep in my room."

X-Pacolypse
04-20-2011, 08:54 PM
I would probably like to visit the time when America was just getting discovered. I've always wondered what this country looked like during that period. No roads, no high rises, no sign of modern civilization whatsoever. Also, another good time period I would enjoy visiting is when people started heading West (Oregon Trail). For some reason I've just always had this fascination with what this country looked like before industrialization/modernazation.

WeVie
04-20-2011, 08:59 PM
That is one of the times I pick too X or at least a few years after. Like I said, I would be an outlaw. Robbing banks and robbing trains.

SpurzN703
04-22-2011, 09:54 AM
GREAT SCOTT!! How did you know that I love Back To The Future so much?

"If you want a Pepsi pal, you gotta pay for it!"
"McFly, I thought I told you never to come in here!"
"He can sleep in my room."

I didn't know that. Do you like Pleasantville too? The way that movie and BTTF portays how life was back then appeals to me the most. Sure there are other times I'd like to see (60-80s really) but the 50's is where I'd start.

WeVie
04-22-2011, 10:00 AM
I didn't know that. Do you like Pleasantville too? The way that movie and BTTF portays how life was back then appeals to me the most. Sure there are other times I'd like to see (60-80s really) but the 50's is where I'd start.

Yeah, Back To The Future is pretty much my all time favorite movie. Pleasantville is a pretty good movie too. I have watched it quite a few times.

uga3406
04-24-2011, 12:21 AM
I would of loved in the wild wild west era. u could go from town to town and nobody said anything to you.

WeVie
04-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Too bad we don't have a phone booth.
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/billandted-1.jpg

Or a DeLorean
http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

ROADRUNNER
04-24-2011, 01:41 AM
It would be the 40s........so i could kick some *** in the war.