PDA

View Full Version : More Mallet Rumors

rrrrphin
04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Mallett-skips-out-on-meeting-with-Panthers.html

smoke or no smoke?

to me it would be very surprising for a kid that is trying to clean up his image

thejetssuck
04-20-2011, 01:18 PM
It's smoke. This happened 12 days ago and the story is just NOW coming out?!!?! Just a week prior to the draft?!?! Anyone else smell something fishy?

hooshoops
04-20-2011, 01:54 PM
i very seriously doubt thats smoke...kid skipped out on a meeting with the panthers after getting sauced the night before...not good any way you slice it

OrlandoFin
04-20-2011, 01:58 PM
Not smoke at all. NFL teams aren't worried about drug use because they haven't found any proof other than him saying he smoked pot. They are worried about his drinking and this just shows why they should be. He can't control himself in Charlotte, what the hell is he going to do in South Beach...stay clear of this guy!!!!!

TXFinFan
04-20-2011, 02:05 PM
He didn't miss any meetings with us while he was in South Beach for several days.

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 02:09 PM
This guy's subject to more rumors than the Illuminati and John Birch Society combined.

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't think this will impact his stock with other teams. They know that there are all kinds of "rumors" that come out this time of year.

The timing is suspicious. The lack of detail is suspicious.

hooshoops
04-20-2011, 02:13 PM
the guy that wrote the article makes it sound like the panthers confirmed that mallett missed the meeting the day after they went to dinner with him...at least thats the way it reads to me

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 02:16 PM
the guy that wrote the article makes it sound like the panthers confirmed that mallett missed the meeting the day after they went to dinner with him...at least thats the way it reads to me

I took that as a matter of fact. It was the rest of it, the cloudy vague detail and innuendo, that I took as BS. And now let's hear WHY I was suspicious of all that:

One of the agents for Arkansas quarterback Ryan Mallett is vehemently denying the report that a night on the town in Charlotte caused Mallett to cancel a visit with the Panthers the next morning.

Adam Schefter of ESPN quotes agent J.R. Carroll as saying that on the night in question, April 8, Mallett had dinner in Charlotte with Alabama wide receiver Julio Jones, and that Mallett headed back to his hotel room when he didn’t feel well.

“I’ll tell you this — Ryan was in his hotel room by about 10 o’clock,” Carroll said.

“I’m pretty sure Ryan was really, really sick,” Carroll said. “He told me he was sick the night before. And I know Ryan wasn’t out late night. I know that for sure. He’s not an idiot.”

Anyone surprised? One side not really willing to go into details, relying on vague innuendo...another side willing to give any amount of detail anyone could ever want?

foozool13
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Who gives a ****...maybe he skipped it cuz he knows the Panthers arent going to pick him #1....either way I am down...well trade down and still pick him.

LouPhinFan
04-20-2011, 02:18 PM
Can't they just start the draft already? I'm tired of hearing crap and spin.

Aqua and Orange
04-20-2011, 02:19 PM
I don't think this will impact his stock with other teams. They know that there are all kinds of "rumors" that come out this time of year.

The timing is suspicious. The lack of detail is suspicious.

In a digital age, in which everyone has a cameraphone, the phrase "he was seen" just does not cut it without something to back it up. Not when the stakes are this high.

Elliott 1
04-20-2011, 02:21 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/20/reports-ryan-mallett-skipped-panthers-visit-after-late-night-out/related

His agent says he called him at ten and said he was indeed ill.

OrlandoFin
04-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Hahahaha...he was in his room by 10, and out again by 11, more like it...LOL Agent says he "pretty sure" he was sick...nice damage control there.

hooshoops
04-20-2011, 02:29 PM
kid picked an awful bad time to get sick...if thats what really happened the timing could not be worse

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 02:32 PM
Is one side really lying to the other?

So Mallett goes out to dinner with the team. Afterwards he meets up with Julio Jones because they're friends and they're both in town. Mallett is seen out after the dinner, with Julio. He feels ill and heads home early from dinner with Julio, is at his hotel by 10pm, tells his agent he's not feeling well. He cancels the meeting the next day.

This turns into: "Mallett was spotted out late at night (9:30pm) after his dinner with the team, and then he canceled his meeting the next day"

Pretty simple there.

TedSlimmJr
04-20-2011, 02:45 PM

It's really no different than the rumors about how Nick Fairley "blew off" a meeting with Sparano and staff.. When the reality is the dinner was optional. Fairley and another guy didn't have a place a stay overnight anyway so they just decided to go ahead and travel back home...

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see...

Vaark
04-20-2011, 02:49 PM
Perhaps he compared notes with Andrew Luck after being informed by PManning and DBrees of Jerry Richardson's belligerent, belittling negotiating demeanor toward players. :idk:

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 03:24 PM
It's really no different than the rumors about how Nick Fairley "blew off" a meeting with Sparano and staff.. When the reality is the dinner was optional. Fairley and another guy didn't have a place a stay overnight anyway so they just decided to go ahead and travel back home...

Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see...

Excellent point.

SamIam
04-20-2011, 03:39 PM
I for one don't mind reading bad stuff about Mallett from the media... we need him to drop.. keep it coming

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
kid picked an awful bad time to get sick...if thats what really happened the timing could not be worse
Dude had been flying all over the country, probably not sleeping well and stress and strain and can make you more prone to sickness. The phins probably put this out to get him to 15 with no problem :)

Fintastic2124
04-20-2011, 03:57 PM
I'm not Buying him goin out drinking. Julio jones was by his side and I doubt they would both go out and be that stupid.

SamIam
04-20-2011, 03:59 PM
Per rotoworld:

The Panthers have joined the agents for Ryan Mallett in disputing multiple reports that Mallett skipped his April 9 team meeting with Carolina after a late night out on the town in Charlotte

DKphin
04-20-2011, 04:02 PM
This guy's subject to more rumors than the Illuminati and John Birch Society combined.:lol2:

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Dude had been flying all over the country, probably not sleeping well and stress and strain and can make you more prone to sickness. The phins probably put this out to get him to 15 with no problem :)

It's getting bad, I can hardly fly anywhere new anymore and not end up with a cold or some such.

TXFinFan
04-20-2011, 05:12 PM
The Panthers corroborated the agent's story. Once again, nothing to see here, move along.

Aqua and Orange
04-20-2011, 05:25 PM
The Panthers corroborated the agent's story. Once again, nothing to see here, move along.

Sorry, Dolphins brass, you just lost the story you were going to go with if you fail to select him.

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 05:28 PM
Sorry, Dolphins brass, you just lost the story you were going to go with if you fail to select him.

I really don't think ANY team would have let the story affect their evaluation of him regardless.

BobDole
04-20-2011, 05:29 PM
keep those ridiculous rumors coming - i want as much doubt as possible. he won't make it to us without it.

X-Pacolypse
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
People trying to make a mountain out of a molehill.

SammySmif
04-20-2011, 06:00 PM
Yes, it must be a lie. No way can the Mallet fanboys handle the fact that their hero parties. Let's live in denial together.

thejetssuck
04-20-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes, it must be a lie. No way can the Mallet fanboys handle the fact that their hero parties. Let's live in denial together.

I'm sorry, but I can't respect the opinion of anyone that would take Dalton over Mallett. :err:

JC
04-20-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't respect the opinion of anyone that would take Dalton over Mallett. :err:

Just because Dalton isn't as big, isn't as strong, can't throw it as hard, and played in a weaker conference while putting up worse numbers? :lol:

Aqua and Orange
04-20-2011, 06:49 PM
I really don't think ANY team would have let the story affect their evaluation of him regardless.

No my comment had nothing to do with their evaluation, but was regarding the inevitable PR firestorm of them passing on him in favor of someone the fans wanted less at 15.

finfan54
04-20-2011, 07:13 PM
I saw one of the ESPN chicks reporting this and it had the feel of dan rather and W's early leave of the military. ESPN has it out for Mallett and Locker is their lovejoy

TrinidadDolfan
04-20-2011, 07:29 PM
I would be happy to see more and more negative Mallett rumours between now and the draft.

Just gives us a better shot.

Over the past week I have personally started separate rumours claiming that he is -

a) The "grassy knoll" sniper in Dallas
b) Responsible for the Gulf oil spill
c) Jack the Ripper re-incarnated
d) Prince Charles' gay lover
e) Vanilla Ice
f) B-Rad
g) Just plain naughty....

finfan54
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM
I think two things are up here....ESPN loves belicheck and he is trying to get more picks from early 2nd round teams and two, buffalo likes mallett i believe...we all know chris cheeseburger loves the bills.

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 07:39 PM

I don't get it. The Carolina Panthers basically confirm Mallett's side of the story and you still say this? That just ends up looking like blind vendetta on your part.

X-Pacolypse
04-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Dude, it's hard to respect anyone that has that ignorant meatball as their avatar.

AZStryker
04-20-2011, 07:48 PM
I for one don't mind reading bad stuff about Mallett from the media... we need him to drop.. keep it coming

Ya he might drop right past US!!!! Man I wish there was a way to get a petition to draft Mallett signed by the season ticket holders and Fed Exed to Ross's office.

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
The kids full of ****. He went out and got wasted. This is the same guy who left his bong at Charlie Sheens house. You guys have been blinded by game film. Hes got issues thats why theyre talking 3rd round. Him and his agent can spin it all they want. Sick my ***..you dont miss an interview for a multi million dollar job.

finfan54
04-20-2011, 08:38 PM
bong at sheens? sheens a coke addict. sure your not full of it?

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
And the contest winner for who can stick the most BS into the fewest number of words is....

The kids full of ****. He went out and got wasted. This is the same guy who left his bong at Charlie Sheens house. You guys have been blinded by game film. Hes got issues thats why theyre talking 3rd round. Him and his agent can spin it all they want. Sick my ***..you dont miss an interview for a multi million dollar job.

rent this space
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
so many agendas this time of year

Vaark
04-20-2011, 10:05 PM

Don't be silly please

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 10:23 PM
And the contest winner for who can stick the most BS into the fewest number of words is....

Oh come now CK your man crush for Mallett is getting ridiculous...for the love of mike. Your not seeing any chinks in his armor???????

tylerdolphin
04-20-2011, 10:29 PM
I hope for humanity that some of the people in this thread are trolling.

Clipse
04-20-2011, 10:44 PM

Are you just illiterate, dumb, or both? The PANTHERS disputed this bogus claim themselves.

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 10:52 PM
Are you just illiterate, dumb, or both? The PANTHERS disputed this bogus claim themselves.

Now now be nice....

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 10:55 PM
Listen I think Mallets a good qb and I wont be upset if we draft him. Quite the opposite. But he has issues and Im not drinking the koolaid and pretending he doesnt. Can they reign him in? I hope so if they draft him...

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh come now CK your man crush for Mallett is getting ridiculous...for the love of mike. Your not seeing any chinks in his armor???????

If Mallett didn't have chinks in the armor he wouldn't be available at #15. But having some chinks in the armor doesn't change the fact that this whole story about him being out late partying and then missing his workout because of it is flat out, straight up untrue and has been confirmed as such by both Mallett AND the Carolina Panthers.

newlownorder
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
Hopefully for us this false rumor just scares teams away from taking him before 15.

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 11:13 PM
If Mallett didn't have chinks in the armor he wouldn't be available at #15. But having some chinks in the armor doesn't change the fact that this whole story about him being out late partying and then missing his workout because of it is flat out, straight up untrue and has been confirmed as such by both Mallett AND the Carolina Panthers.
I want him as much as anybody but he literally scares the hell out of me. I dont really give a damn if he drinks and smokes like Ken friggin Stabler as longs as he's throwing TDs. Sorry if I came off as a Mallett hater but my Dad is dying of cancer and Im a tad moody after leaving the hospital. My apologies to all for my rant.

ckparrothead
04-20-2011, 11:17 PM
I want him as much as anybody but he literally scares the hell out of me. I dont really give a damn if he drinks and smokes like Ken friggin Stabler as longs as he's throwing TDs. Sorry if I came off as a Mallett hater but my Dad is dying of cancer and Im a tad moody after leaving the hospital. My apologies to all for my rant.

I'm sorry for your troubles. Hate away, if anyone deserves a break it's you.

nyfinzfan
04-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I'm sorry for your troubles. Hate away, if anyone deserves a break it's you.

Thanks for that. Ahhh just hate life right now. Will these friggin Dolphins do something right on draft day? Or will I kick in my flat screen? Memories of last year still fresh in my mind begging them to pick Legarrate Blount in the 7th....I miss that TV LOL

LouPhinFan
04-20-2011, 11:27 PM
Since the Panthers confirmed Mallett's story when they really didn't need to (if this thing was because he partied the night before, they just wouldn't have commented on it) then I fail to see what the hooplah is about in this thread.

ckparrothead
04-21-2011, 12:05 AM
Thanks for that. Ahhh just hate life right now. Will these friggin Dolphins do something right on draft day? Or will I kick in my flat screen? Memories of last year still fresh in my mind begging them to pick Legarrate Blount in the 7th....I miss that TV LOL

Chances are...not good. :)

nyfinzfan
04-21-2011, 12:59 AM
Chances are...not good. :)

Curse you magic 8 ball!