PDA

View Full Version : Official Yankees Thread

tylerdolphin
04-20-2011, 09:01 PM
Might have to eventually rename this to the Official BobDole and tylerdolphin Discussion Thread, but hopefully there are other Yankee fans here.

Colon is looking sharp tonight. Im thinking he could be this year's Aaron Small. And Jeter still cant get a ball out the infield.

tylerdolphin
04-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Has Jeter hit a ball in the air yet for the year?

BobDole
04-22-2011, 11:58 PM
colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.

tylerdolphin
04-23-2011, 12:09 AM
colon and garcia have been a pleasant surprise. hughes is the head scratcher that has me worried he's going the way of wang. not good. nova and soriano are also scaring the hell out of me.

i hate to say it but jeter looks done man. looks old out there - even more so than last season. posada can't seem to get a hit either - and gardner ... well ... needs to pick it up quick or he won't have a job real soon.

I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.

BobDole
04-23-2011, 12:19 AM
I saw a stat on Posada that said he has by far the lowest batting average on balls in play of anyone in the MLB this year. That indicates that he has been very unlucky so far and will eventually trend towards the mean.

I said in the offseason when they gave Jeter that big contract that they would regret it sooner rather than later. He has been done at short for a few years now. He has zero range. Now it looks like his bat is done too. You could see it coming though...the guy is old and coming off the worst statistical season of his long career. Thats not a coincidence. Players get old. The guy just cant lift a ball anymore. hes killed a million worms around home plate so far this year. We were dumb to give him that contract...no team was going to even come close to paying him that kind of money. We should have called his bluff.

posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.

tylerdolphin
04-23-2011, 12:26 AM
posada will come around. just needs some to adjust to not being an everyday catcher. it takes some time - he doesn't have me worried yet.

it's so tough when someone like a derek jeter is on the outs and not ready to relinquish their 'king of the yankees' role. where would we be w/o his bat in the last umpteen post seasons? clutch as it gets in crunch time. i'm just glad we didn't give him the contract he was expecting. personally, i would hate to see him pushed out like mattingly was. love me some jeter - hope he can regain some of that former confidence - been playing some timid ball.

i'm hoping we can move him to the outfield (i know) and keep him around a few more years. after all, he's not THAT old.

Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?

BobDole
04-23-2011, 12:32 AM
Up until about 07, the wasnt a better SS in the game. Until even last year he was still top 5 at least. I feel like he just dropped off a cliff the last two years though. Hes almost 37 and not many player stay productive even as long as he has. Its gonna be sad to watch if this year really is the catastrophic year that does him in. I feel bad for my youngest brother who is 12 and wasnt really watching Jeter in his prime. He really was incredible.

Speaking of age though, when is Mo going to finally realize he is 100 and shouldnt be good anymore? i mean, its gonna happen someday, right?

man i hope that doesn't happen. but sometimes when its gone - its gone. just ask shaun alexander. i figured if ozzie smith could do it forever, then so could jetes. not looking so good right about now.

that's the great thing about being a reliever - you can do it forever. i'm still waiting to see that cutter not have the same motion - not so much. but i do think i read somewhere last year that he would be hanging them up after this season. if he hasn't lost any motion or velocity by the time the season's over - i doubt he will though. you don't walk away from that kind of money when the goods are still fully intact. stupid barry sanders.

uga3406
04-23-2011, 10:56 AM
Let's go Red Sox!!!

tylerdolphin
04-23-2011, 07:33 PM
Damn Gardner, you fast!

Nigga just turned what is a single for anyone else into a double. I didnt even dream he'd go for second.

hooshoops
04-24-2011, 10:08 AM
**** the yankees

SuavePhin
04-24-2011, 10:18 AM
Yankees Rule, accept it haters :P p.s. Happy Easter!

PhinsPhan11
04-24-2011, 11:42 AM
**** the yankees
Right there with ya.

hooshoops
04-24-2011, 01:20 PM
Right there with ya.

**** the phillies too

tylerdolphin
04-24-2011, 01:50 PM
**** the yankees

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/04/7839c54477fb47a59770680edfa3c16d-1.jpg

Yanks up 2-0 after another Granderson HR. He has been well worth what we gave up for him.

tylerdolphin
04-24-2011, 04:36 PM
And Rivera blows another save :bobdole:

He seems to have a patch every year where he will blow a few back to back or within a few days of eachother.

PhinsPhan11
04-24-2011, 05:05 PM
**** the phillies too
**** you. Who do you like?

uga3406
04-24-2011, 10:59 PM
Lets go Red Sox!!!

nyjunc
04-25-2011, 07:59 AM
And Rivera blows another save :bobdole:

He seems to have a patch every year where he will blow a few back to back or within a few days of eachother.

One of these years it will actually be the sign that the end is year but he does go through a rough stretch every single year so I'm not worried yet.

hooshoops
04-25-2011, 10:22 AM
**** you. Who do you like?

i was born in haverhill mass...you figure it out

nyjunc
04-25-2011, 10:30 AM

The Patriots?

PhinsPhan11
04-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Ok, I don't have any problem with them.

tylerdolphin
04-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Bob, we are about to get no-hit by some clown named Phillip Humber. Im at a loss for words.

tylerdolphin
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Well there goes the no-hitter. I jinxed it :lol:

BobDole
04-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Bob, we are about to get no-hit by some clown named Phillip Humber. Im at a loss for words.

i keep having to change the channel. fugg.

tylerdolphin
04-25-2011, 09:30 PM
Jeter up with a runner on 2nd, 2 out. We need this run. He hits a soft grounder. Inning over. Shocker.

PhinsPhan11
04-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Jeter up with a runner on 2nd, 2 out. We need this run. He hits a soft grounder. Inning over. Shocker.
Haven't we seen that a lot. Jeter hitting a lot of balls on the ground.

nyjunc
04-26-2011, 08:21 AM

Humber pitched great, tip your cap. It's a loss and that sucks but I'm happier Burnett pitched well again. Our lineup will be fine.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Humber pitched great, tip your cap. It's a loss and that sucks but I'm happier Burnett pitched well again. Our lineup will be fine.

Yea. Its frustrating when some joker with a 4.4 ERA who Ive never heard of comes in and shuts us down though. Its happens though. Burnett was lights out. Our pitching rotation so far hasnt been as shady as I thought it would be. If Colon and Garcia can keep pitching half as well as they have so far (and Im still skeptical of that), that would be an amazing job by Cashman.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2011, 01:51 PM

**** the sawx BTW.

PhinsPhan11
04-26-2011, 06:44 PM
**** the sawx BTW.
:lol:

BobDole
04-26-2011, 06:51 PM
3 hits? really yankees? :bobdole:

yeah our pitching has been pretty solid thanks to garcia and colon. pretty good team ERA. nova and soriano really need to get it together though. i lost all confidence in joba a long time ago. and i would put money on hughes landing on the DL in the next few days - praying its not wang redux. not cool.

and what did i say about burnett? he's an every other year pitcher. i knew he'd be clutch this season.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2011, 06:54 PM
3 hits? really yankees? :bobdole:

yeah our pitching has been pretty solid thanks to garcia and colon. pretty good team ERA. nova and soriano really need to get it together though. i lost all confidence in joba a long time ago. and i would put money on hughes landing on the DL in the next few days - praying its not wang redux. not cool.

and what did i say about burnett? he's an every other year pitcher. i knew he'd be clutch this season.

Yea, im pretty sure Hughes is DL bound. He had a setback...not sure if you saw that. He threw like 10 pitches in a bullpen session and told the coaches it felt like he threw 110. Not good. Good call on Burnett though...I definitely didnt see him pitching this well. I thought he was done.

BobDole
04-26-2011, 07:00 PM
Yea, im pretty sure Hughes is DL bound. He had a setback...not sure if you saw that. He threw like 10 pitches in a bullpen session and told the coaches it felt like he threw 110. Not good. Good call on Burnett though...I definitely didnt see him pitching this well. I thought he was done.

i did read about that. never a good thing when a pitcher says 'there's nothing there'. dead arms happen every now and again - like beckett last season - so i'm hoping its nothing major. i don't like that he himself is worried about it though.

just read this a few minutes ago. crossing my fingers. http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6432135

tylerdolphin
04-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Jesus. Cano put that ball into orbit.

BobDole
04-26-2011, 07:41 PM
best second baseman in the game right there folks. hot damn did he crush that thing.

PhinsPhan11
04-26-2011, 07:49 PM
best second baseman in the game right there folks. hot damn did he crush that thing.
When Utley is healthy, he's right up there.

BobDole
04-26-2011, 07:51 PM
When Utley is healthy, he's right up there.

i'd take cano any day of the week over a healthy utley. he's right up there though.

PhinsPhan11
04-26-2011, 07:53 PM
i'd take cano any day of the week over a healthy utley. he's right up there though.
There's no real wrong choice here. Both are great second basemen.

tylerdolphin
04-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Sometimes God just doesnt want you to win.

BobDole
04-27-2011, 12:28 AM
:bobdole: @ soriano. i thought he was good?

tylerdolphin
04-27-2011, 07:56 PM
Another HR for Cano. This one got out the stadium in about 0.3 seconds.

tylerdolphin
04-27-2011, 08:14 PM
Omar Vizquel is still playing???

Just put up a graphic about how he is one of 4 players to record a SB in 4 different decades :lol:. Niggas 44 years old and still playing in the infield.

PhinsPhan11
04-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Omar Vizquel is still playing???

Just put up a graphic about how he is one of 4 players to record a SB in 4 different decades :lol:. Niggas 44 years old and still playing in the infield.
44? Holy ****.

tylerdolphin
04-27-2011, 09:35 PM
Colon was hitting 96mph tonight, which is truly amazing when you consider how much his gravitational pull probably slows the ball down.

tylerdolphin
05-01-2011, 06:36 PM
So apparently Phil Hughes may or may not ever be the same. Some weird diagnosis on his shoulder and it doesnt sound particularly good. hes out for a while at a minimum.

BobDole
05-01-2011, 06:40 PM
So apparently Phil Hughes may or may not ever be the same. Some weird diagnosis on his shoulder and it doesnt sound particularly good. hes out for a while at a minimum.

wish i hadn't seen that coming. should have never made the hughes/wang comparisons. dumb me.

uga3406
05-05-2011, 06:00 PM
thats 3 loses in a row yankee fans

tylerdolphin
05-09-2011, 08:16 PM
thats 3 loses in a row yankee fans

No biggie. They havent really had a losing streak all year. Once they dont make it a habbit

uga3406
05-17-2011, 11:01 AM
No biggie. They havent really had a losing streak all year. Once they dont make it a habbit

now the losing streak is 6 lol thanks to the nation baby!

nyjunc
05-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Baseball is a LONG season, losing streaks happen. It's comical to bury the Yanks now just like it was comical to bury the Sox at 2-10.

uga3406
05-17-2011, 11:25 AM
I don' think anyone is gonna bury the Yanks and yes the baseball season is a marathon but you have to wonder what is going on over there. Posada is washed up, they need to drop his sorry but. The only realiable starter you have is CC and he hasn't looked that impressive. The team is pretty old but we'll see how it shakes out. As far as Boston, I think they are finally turnign the corner. Bad sign for the rest of the AL east.

nyjunc
05-17-2011, 11:27 AM
I don' think anyone is gonna bury the Yanks and yes the baseball season is a marathon but you have to wonder what is going on over there. Posada is washed up, they need to drop his sorry but. The only realiable starter you have is CC and he hasn't looked that impressive. The team is pretty old but we'll see how it shakes out. As far as Boston, I think they are finally turnign the corner. Bad sign for the rest of the AL east.

Posada has been washed up for a few years but they have to live w/ him for the rest of this season.

I think the ptiching is more than good enough to get to postseason, I don't think they have any chance to win in October w/ this rotation.

uga3406
05-17-2011, 12:37 PM
Posada has been washed up for a few years but they have to live w/ him for the rest of this season.

I think the ptiching is more than good enough to get to postseason, I don't think they have any chance to win in October w/ this rotation.

it's a shame when sports athletes stay past thier prime. i know it's more a ego thing with these guys but to me it is sad. saw it with favre, even gretky, shaq o neal etc and the list goes on.

nyjunc
05-17-2011, 12:41 PM
it's a shame when sports athletes stay past thier prime. i know it's more a ego thing with these guys but to me it is sad. saw it with favre, even gretky, shaq o neal etc and the list goes on.

I have never been the biggest Posada fan, as a hitter he was fine but he was a terrible defensive catcher who was afraid to block the plate. he got a 2(it may have been 3 years) year deal a year or 2 ago and we knew the last year wouldn't be good but I don't blame him for hanging around for one more year w/ what he is being paid.

tylerdolphin
05-17-2011, 01:38 PM

Our starters havent been bad so far. You say CC hasnt been impressive but he has a sub-3.5 ERA in the AL East. He hasnt been a God, but thats pitching well. Our lineup has just been **** lately. Only Granderson can hit the ****ing ball.

uga3406
05-17-2011, 03:52 PM
Our starters havent been bad so far. You say CC hasnt been impressive but he has a sub-3.5 ERA in the AL East. He hasnt been a God, but thats pitching well. Our lineup has just been **** lately. Only Granderson can hit the ****ing ball.

last time i remember seeing he was ripped apart by the sox...he is 3-3 nothing to write home about when that is your ace. with that rotation u currently have, he basically has to win every start.

tylerdolphin
05-18-2011, 02:43 AM
last time i remember seeing he was ripped apart by the sox...he is 3-3 nothing to write home about when that is your ace. with that rotation u currently have, he basically has to win every start.

Wins are a horrible way to evaluate a pitcher.

BobDole
09-05-2011, 03:57 PM
how about this montero cat? glad we finally decided to bring him up. at only 21, his potential is through the fugging roof.

and how many grand slams have we hit this year? hot damn.

JPPT1974
09-05-2011, 10:58 PM
21-Years old is still a kid and barely now an adult!

tylerdolphin
09-05-2011, 11:40 PM
how about this montero cat? glad we finally decided to bring him up. at only 21, his potential is through the fugging roof.

and how many grand slams have we hit this year? hot damn.

Missed it but dad called and said he hit 2 HRs today. Dudes gonna be a beast. Glad we kept him.

BobDole
09-05-2011, 11:55 PM
Missed it but dad called and said he hit 2 HRs today. Dudes gonna be a beast. Glad we kept him.

he's got some serious power. both were opposite field, flick-of-the-wrist shots. he looked nervous his first game or so - he looked composed as hell today. he's supposed to be a helluva catcher too - good to have considering martin's injury history.

tylerdolphin
09-06-2011, 09:20 AM
he's got some serious power. both were opposite field, flick-of-the-wrist shots. he looked nervous his first game or so - he looked composed as hell today. he's supposed to be a helluva catcher too - good to have considering martin's injury history.

I heard he was pretty weak at C and they were trying to move him to a new position...I dunno. Is Russell Martin only on a 1 year contract? If so we might let him walk if Montero is ready defensively.

BobDole
09-06-2011, 06:56 PM
I heard he was pretty weak at C and they were trying to move him to a new position...I dunno. Is Russell Martin only on a 1 year contract? If so we might let him walk if Montero is ready defensively.

i haven't seen him catch but judging from everything i've read he's supposed to be the goods. i don't see us letting martin walk being that he's one of the best defensive catchers in the league - and you know girardi is all over that. he doesn't have a huge contract, has some power, catches EVERYTHING, guns people down, etc. - he'll stick i think.

even if montero is the next coming of johnny bench i still think girardi keeps them both on there - being an ex catcher and all.

CalDolFan1014
09-18-2011, 01:23 AM
Just one number....

601!

Screw the haters...go Mo (GOAT) and go Yankees! :D

tylerdolphin
09-18-2011, 01:25 AM
Just one number....

601!

Screw the haters...go Mo (GOAT) and go Yankees! :D

You know...for all the Yankee hatred out there I seriously dont think I have ever heard anyone bash Mo. Class act and the greatest relief pitcher of all time.

CalDolFan1014
09-19-2011, 05:13 PM
Congratulations to Mariano Rivera. He finally stands alone as the Greatest of all Time. When all is said and done, he'll have retired with at least 5 champions, 602 saves, 42 postseason saves, and 12 all star appearances. All that in just 17 seasons. Surely, a first ballot hall of famer. Glad we have him on our side. Go Yanks!

Perfect23
09-19-2011, 05:16 PM
This off-season im calling it Prince Fielder signs with the Yankees causing Jorge Posada to retire.

tylerdolphin
09-19-2011, 06:46 PM
This off-season im calling it Prince Fielder signs with the Yankees causing Jorge Posada to retire.

First off, congrats to Mo. He deserved it. Greatest reliever of all time.

As for Fielder...Na. No chance. We need that DH spot open for Jeter and AROD to get days off from the field and 1B is locked up long term.

PhinsPhan11
09-19-2011, 07:28 PM
Congrats to Mo. He's one of those long time Yankees I have a lot of respect for.