PDA

View Full Version : Pouncey not impressive to me.....

WaxOn WaxOff
04-21-2011, 06:57 AM
I'm watching YouTube clips and I'm not impressed. Is this the best we can get at #15? Yawn. He better not be our pick or we can look forward to 7-9 (again).

JCane
04-21-2011, 07:40 AM
I'm watching YouTube clips and I'm not impressed. Is this the best we can get at #15? Yawn. He better not be our pick or we can look forward to 7-9 (again).

7-9 would be very impressive this season I think.

datruth55
04-21-2011, 09:16 AM
7-9 would be very impressive this season I think.

I was thinking the same thing.

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-21-2011, 09:31 AM
I re-watched the Steelers-Dolphins game form last year and slow motioned a lot of plays watching his brother against Soliai. He had nothing for Soliai, and Soliai pretty much did whatever he wanted with him. When projecting how good he will be and with everyone saying he isn't as good as his brother, it makes me NOT want him early.

We DO however need a LG that can move and block on the move. I hope Garner can be that guy.

WaxOn WaxOff
04-21-2011, 11:20 AM
Yes, I hope so as well with Garner. Looking at Pouncey, I was much more impressed with #67, the left guard for Florida than Pouncey. I am sure we can find a better guard in later rounds than Pouncey.

Aqua and Orange
04-21-2011, 11:25 AM

I think the yawn would be if the Dolphins trade down and get him. You have Mallett and Ponder on the board at 15 and you take Pouncey? That's a recipe for Sparano telling the booing fans, "We need those thumbs to go in THIS direction!"

Doctor Phibes
04-21-2011, 11:33 AM
I don't see them taking Pouncey at all. They're obsessed with lineman who are big, strong, immobile maulers. Pouncey's more athlete / less granite statue