PDA

View Full Version : If Prince is available at 15 do you think we HAVE to take him?

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-21-2011, 12:00 PM
Pat Kirwans recent mock draft has the Phins taking him at 15. This would be the most interesting scenario to me. It would be like being stuck between a rock and a hard place. I WANT a Qb at 15 but if the BPA is clearly available when you pick, what do you think Ireland will do?
It is hard to say no to top ten talent like Amukumara, but i would hope Ireland stays true to whatever his heart is telling him right now. (Let's hope that isn't "Jeff take a big lineman named Pouncey at 15")

This would make round 1 a REAL nail biter when we get on the clock.

ckparrothead
04-21-2011, 12:02 PM
I think he's a special talent. If he's there and Mallett is not...woof. That becomes a tough decision that I'm glad I would not have to be the one making.

Aqua and Orange
04-21-2011, 12:04 PM
If he is there, I would trade the pick and move down because SOMEONE is going to really, really want him.

spiketex
04-21-2011, 12:05 PM
If he really is that good, it's a very serious consideration. But our QB need is so great, we probably need to roll the dice if it's Ponder or Mallett, or Dalton, etc...
I'll be interested to see if Ireland can resist his natural urge - "When in doubt, select an offensive lineman"

WaxOn WaxOff
04-21-2011, 12:09 PM
I wouldn't. I might take the best OLB/Pass rusher available if he can play in the 3-4 at 15. We have plenty of CB talent at present. That UCLA LB Akeem Ayers is intriguing to me, as he can rush, cover, and set the edge. At 6-2 254, (4.72 forty) he has better size than Miller or Carter and is just a step slower. If I were picking, I think that would be my pick if I couldn't trade down. I just don't see a piece on offense that excites me, so let's stack the 'D' and win that way!

RockyMtnPhinfan
04-21-2011, 12:19 PM
I think he's a special talent. If he's there and Mallett is not...woof. That becomes a tough decision that I'm glad I would not have to be the one making.

I believe you'd have to find a trade partner hurting for a CB (San Diego?) trade back and hope for Ponder to be there- if Mallett is gone. Then we can get that shiny new RB we all would like, Maybe even a TE. Ponder, honestly, parallels Irelands/Parcells philosophy according to their history.
Speaking of Mocks.......isn't it time for Universal Draft to be posting theirs? I have been looking daily, but nothing so far.

Show Me Your TDs
04-21-2011, 12:21 PM
If he is there, I would trade the pick and move down because SOMEONE is going to really, really want him.

Take the highest bidder.

Aqua and Orange
04-21-2011, 12:30 PM
Take the highest bidder.

Exactly. I would be astonished if Ireland didn't do a little dance if Prince were to fall, excited about the possibility.

The "Trade Down Macarena"

newlownorder
04-21-2011, 12:31 PM
I would just take him, he's an unbelievable talent, can't pass that up. Plus it means teams will have the hardest time throwing against us.

j-off-her-doll
04-21-2011, 12:51 PM
Can't have too many CB's . . . As CK has said, you might be talking about the next D. Revis. While I love our CB's . . . neither is ever going to be THAT kind of player.

j-off-her-doll
04-21-2011, 12:52 PM
Also, it goes into trade bait for next year. V. Davis will fetch you a pretty decent 1st. If we miss out on QB next year, and we're looking to trade up for Luck or Barkley, he'd be a serious piece to work with.

foozool13
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
As much as we do not need a DB, you can never have enough good corners in the NFL. They are like giant GOLD nuggets. Imagine Vontae and Prince across eachother with Sean Smith moving over to FS...THATS NASSSTTYYYYYYYY...

BUT If Prince falls that far, there will 100% be a trade partner.

Kdawg954
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Trade down, if that is not possible . . . take him.

JC
04-21-2011, 04:29 PM
If Mallett is not the highest rated QB on their board, absolutely.

emeraldfin
04-21-2011, 04:48 PM
If hes there, then somone would trade up for him as he would not get by the Jags. Ravens maybe?

enJeppesen
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
If hes there, then somone would trade up for him as he would not get by the Jags. Ravens maybe?

This..whoever wants secondary help has to fear Jags in that scenario.

Thundercracker
04-21-2011, 08:27 PM
Talent wise, How does Amakamura compare to Vontae and Smith? Just curious what you guys think

vagrantprodigy
04-21-2011, 08:36 PM
No way I'd take him. I don't see him as elite, and even if I did, CB is definitely not a big enough need to spend a first rounder on. At 15, some o-linemen that I have in the same category as Prince will still be available, and we need one of those much more than another CB.

MRojas4
04-21-2011, 08:41 PM
We wouldn't draft him, HUSTLE!

Plain and simple, if Prince is there at 15, we will be able to hustle the Shi** out of the Eagles. They are desperate for a CB, and will most likely be able to suck their 1st,2nd and 4th for them to move up.

Hope this does happen, like please!!

Prince is one heck of a player and I wouldn't mind drafting him, but if we could hustle the Eagles into quality picks I see this happening.

finfan54
04-21-2011, 09:56 PM
I believe you take any PB type player you can get your hands on. You can always trade a player later. you can never have enough corners. what other cliche is there? gotta be one. BPA!!!!!all day long.

enJeppesen
04-21-2011, 10:26 PM
I believe you take any PB type player you can get your hands on. You can always trade a player later. you can never have enough corners. what other cliche is there? gotta be one. BPA!!!!!all day long.

Trading down gaining added value in draft picks doesnt compromise the BPA philosophy, though. Who knows where they have him rated..Maybe they think we have enough 'non-intercepting' cornerbacks? ;)

nyfinzfan
04-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Heres my scouting report on Prince:
Delivered hit after hit after hit,able to sink his hips and change direction well,most talented hands in this draft..hands down (pardon the pun), put on a heckuva display at our own Sun Life Stadium

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

Oh you were talking about that corner? Never mind then.