PDA

View Full Version : Grilling Time

WeVie
04-28-2011, 08:53 AM
Well, it's that time of year again where us guys start cleaning off our grills and cooking out a lot more. I use mine year round as I am sure others do but we use them way more in the summer. We should share some of our favorite grill recipes here.

Twice Baked Potatoes

First you bake the potatoes and then cut the tops off and get the filling out of the potatoes. then you mix it with the ingredients and fill the skin back up and throw it back on the grill. I have two versions and they are yummy

chopped broccoli
ranch dressing
onion
cheddar cheese

or

sour cream
green onion or chives
chopped bacon
cheddar cheese

Tunaphish429
04-28-2011, 09:24 AM
Grilling is great.. I made some great sausge sandwiches last week...(Saw a version of them on TV)

First start with Hot Italian sausage.. or whatever you prefer..
Jalpenos..
Cream cheese
Bell peppers
Onions
Crusty sub rolls
Carmalize 1 to 2 onions..Slice a white or sweet onion into straws..Sautee on medium low heat in butter til brown..Add sugar..about half a teaspoon.
Salt and pepper to taste..
Then sautee or grill bell peppers..assorted colors..
Get as much moisture off sausage as you can to promote browing and crust.. Grilll accodingly
Spread cream cheese on bottom half of roll..Sprinkle liberally with minced Jalepenos ( Use a food processor if you can)
Place sausage, onions and bells peppers on sausage...

Enjoy!

WeVie
04-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Here is a rub I use a lot for chicken, steak, or even shrimp but mostly chicken. I also use it when I make fajitas as well. You can experiment the the amounts to get it to fit your taste. I like it a little sweeter rather than spicy so I use a bit more brown sugar and a little less cumin and chili powder.

brown sugar
cumin
chili powder
garlic powder
paprika