PDA

View Full Version : Predaphin- 35 984- 21

Dolfan984
01-04-2004, 05:14 PM
He scored all but 7 of his points on a single play call. 2 TE 2 RB 1 WR formation in the Fins playbook and it's a counter. He always 100% of the time puts his receiver in motion (so theres an open hole) and just lets the numbers decide (Linemen/TE vs Some Dlinemen Lbers and safetys) and if one of them gets a pancake block on one (god forbit 2) he will get about 8 yards a pop and an occasional long run.

Other than that and the occasional play where he would motion Morton to the left in a 3 receiver formation leaving a hole on the right side, and then Holmes would run a post corner to the right and he would be open every single time unless you are perfect with a safety (I'm decent but I'm better at run support)

He also had a play where he would keep moving Morton back and forth until he got past my CB and then he'd hike the ball with a pre-snap playmaker move (where they immediately go right) leaving him wide open unless you are really good with a safety.

On offense I got some momentum with Eddie George on some drives, but his guys would sneak through (He runs a Quarter defense every single play and he moves his guys a certain way while taking control of the RDE and either rushing him or spying him) and get him for no gain sometime. The way he had his guys lined up left little holes for any formation other than a 4 WR set.

I don't know the stats because either one of us disconnected (I was brought right back to the Madden Online screen) and we had an earlier disconnect where I was up 7-0 in the first...but even combined I would have lost heh. At least I kicked your *** when you weren't running those 3 plays. =/ I must have had 5 sacks...and I hurt Green 3 times.

That and he ran two punt fakes...the first was dropped and the second was caught on 4th and 11 I believe for about 25 yards. Then he said my bad ran some plays and dove to the ground and punted it to me later. About a loss of 40 yards for me but at least he didn't play it fully cheap.

Predaphin, honestly you are one of those guys that I hate playing. The same play gets really old...but I guess it gets you wins so you don't give a ****.

Dolfan984
01-04-2004, 05:45 PM
Here are some of the rules he broke.

2. NO more than one audible is allowed per play. We don't want people messing others up by constantly calling audibles to get the defense out of position. That is cheap. Also if you have called a 5 receiver set. You MUST STAY in that formation.

I had a blitz and he was in an I formation. He audibled to a 3 WR set and hit Gonzalez who was covered by a safety. I don't even know any defensive audibles heh.

3. You can not move a player back to block on punt returns prior to the ball being snapped.

He did this every single time he forced me to punt.

7. Fake punts/fgs. Only 1 fake allowed per game.

He did two, but apologied...though it cost me about 40 yards the second time.

Dolfan984
01-04-2004, 05:47 PM
I guess there is no rule for repetitiveness or moving your receiver in motion until he beats the CB and then snapping the ball leaving him wide open...I'm just happy I don't play him for a long time.

Prime Time
01-04-2004, 05:50 PM
Well then we will have to talk about this. Broken Rules = Forfeit of a game. So just switch the score around and we will give you the victory. I also hate playing Preda...I have beaten him, BUT he only does 4 plays. Preda, we set up rules so you and anyone else would not play cheasily. If we wanted to play cheasily we would have said anything goes. Preda you get disqualified and take a 35-21 loss. Sorry man, but you broke the rules.

Dolfan984
01-04-2004, 05:51 PM
Give me the win? That's a little extreme...but I do want a rematch without the crap involved.

TerryTate
01-04-2004, 05:54 PM
I hate cheeser play, you know that....But still I think a rule that should be enforced strongly is the "Bringing people back to block on punting plays"

Thats gotta be the biggest cheeser thing you can possibly do, and its breaking the rules as well....

Dont tick off the people in charge of this, (which isnt me) and dont tick me off, who is in charge of the forum along with Baz....

Prime Time
01-04-2004, 06:02 PM
Yes give you the win. What If someone is in 4thq uarter and knows they are going to lose so they break a rule and say "Okay we'll play again". It is extreme but It will show people not to break the rules. I mean, he didn't even break one, he broke 3. And the motion thing...consider that the same as the audible. Do not do so you can get away from the Defender. Play straight up Football. You won the game by DQ.

iceblizzard69
01-04-2004, 07:13 PM
I have a problem with one rule in particular. If I am in a 4 WR set, and want to audible, but don't have a 4 WR set to audible to, I can't audible. I think that is pretty lame.

I know the rules were made to stop cheap plays but a bunch of them are ridiculous and it is very easy to accidently break one of these rules.

Predaphin
01-04-2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan984
Here are some of the rules he broke.

2. NO more than one audible is allowed per play. We don't want people messing others up by constantly calling audibles to get the defense out of position. That is cheap. Also if you have called a 5 receiver set. You MUST STAY in that formation.

I had a blitz and he was in an I formation. He audibled to a 3 WR set and hit Gonzalez who was covered by a safety. I don't even know any defensive audibles heh.

3. You can not move a player back to block on punt returns prior to the ball being snapped.

He did this every single time he forced me to punt.

7. Fake punts/fgs. Only 1 fake allowed per game.

He did two, but apologied...though it cost me about 40 yards the second time.

WTF?? Wait a second, I dont recall making more than 2 audibles in one play....

However its tough to follow that #2 rule, simply because you can make a mistake and call an audible you didnt want, or forgot what button is a certain audible...it happens to me often....However i dont see a problem with the audible you just mentioned....Moving Gonzales to a WR to me seems fair....now moving Morton or Kennison to a FB or RB position, thats unfair.

As for the #3 rule, Im sorry, I misunderstood the rule, I thought it mean ""moving your lineman back To HELP BLOCK a punt (in other words in order to help block THE PUNT, Ive seen people do this and it confuses the O-line Punting unit)"" and I will admit I did move my Lineman to help block for my RETURN MAN...Im sorry I misunderstodd that rule.

As for #7.....THAT WAS THE ONLY FAKE PUNT I DID, THE OTHER FAKE PUNT WAS ON OUR SECOND GAME!!! THE ONE THAT GOT DISCONNECTED......however I will admit, I thought I violated a rule because i had THE LEAD and I thought It was mandatory to punt when youre up by a certain amount of points....I Did however apologize and Give you the ball back immiedelty.

I dont see a rule up here where it says we cant do the same play over and over.....and if thats the case, you ran the same 5 or 6 plays over again..... just because they werent back to back doesnt mean its not cheesing....that rule would have to apply to everyone......and you have to admit I didnt do the play ALL THE TIME.....Just becasue I scored all my TDs with that play, doesnt mean I did it all the time.....youre making it sound to them like thats all I did.....BTW, you didnt even score on OFFENSE!!!

Cheesing is just another ecxuse for someone who cannot stop 1 certain play, You guys can cheese on me all you want, I will figure out a way to stop ANY (& I mean ANY) play....Its just to damn near impossible to tell someone not to run 1 play over again everybody runs a play at least twice....you dont hear me complaining because of the amount of plays anyone runs on me EVER...in the NFL they dont cheese but only because they cant, Im sure if the Dolphins had a play that couldnt really be stopped theyd use it ALL the time!! but other teams find a way to stop it.

Its ok, ...you guys can make of it what you want, I can give him the win, or I can play him again, heck, disqualify me from the league if you want, but the stats are still there I won 35-21 and you still cannot stop that play! ....heh, maybe next time I should listen to you and completely erase that play simply because its to damn good!!

Like I said its your guys' call..... if you beat me any which way, you wont hear me complain,I promise, ill swallow the loss....and Im telling everyone right now, ill play by the rules and you guys dont have to.

TerryTate
01-04-2004, 07:55 PM
Cheesing isnt doing a play over and over again you cant stop, its doing cheap unrealistic things like the bringing back guys to block for the return, thats an example of cheap....

if the guy cant stop your play, you can keep doing it...plain and simple...

Prime Time
01-04-2004, 09:11 PM
Noone said it was illegal for you to do the same play over and over. But according to 984 you broke other rules. I will talk to 984 and see what he thinks. If he says you guys should play again then you will...If he decides to give himself the W then he gets the W. You can do the same play over and over If you choose too. It is up to 984...

Predaphin
01-05-2004, 12:17 AM
What "other" rules did I brake??? I admitted I did brake a rule, but only because I misunderstood it, it wasnt intentionally done....BTW, he never complained about it during the game, the only 3 things he complained about were (& I quote) "Doesnt doing the same play over & over get tiring?" ....also, he complianed about the fake punt BUT IT WAS LEGAL, I HAD FAKE PUNTED IN OUR GAME BEFORE THAT, THE ONE THAT GOT DISCONNECTED, this was a whole new game....Arent I allowed one fake punt a GAME!?? ((now if I wasnt allowed to fake punt because i had more than a 7 point lead then I did brake that rule...but i apologized and immedietly gave him the ball back)) ....and LAST BUT NOT LEAST, he complianed about 2 fumbles in one play that I managed to recover 8 yds ahead....(& I quote) "You fumbled twice and still managed to get an 8 yd gain, heh"....thats it, thats what most of the complaining was about.....I think 984 just had a really bad game and doesnt know where to start venting the frustration, but its ok....give him the win, or give him a rematch, it dont matter to me, I got 9 games to go.

Prime Time
01-05-2004, 12:37 AM
I know...but it is up to him.......

Dolfan984
01-05-2004, 01:29 PM
I said rematch in the other thread.

It's not the play, it's the motion that puts 2 CBs on one side (though there is only 1 WR) EVERY SINGLE TIME. I got a plan against it this time. Did a little practice. :)