PDA

View Full Version : quick question

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 07:40 AM
Let's say I got my tax return check, but didn't get it. Follow along.

It was sent to my house, and my mom took it apon herself to take it and cash it and not tell me I even recieved it until 4 days later and then not give me a ****ing cent from it.

What kind of trouble is she looking at? And yes i'm talking about my mom and yes she's a ****ing ******* and yes i'm going to the bank at 9am.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 07:40 AM
And i'm ****ing almost 22 years old

JCane
05-13-2011, 07:45 AM
Yeah, IF you wanted to pursue this...she could be facing some serious charges.

Forgery comes to mind.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 07:46 AM
I mean, what the ****?

My mom is a total *** munch. She wants 600 a month JUST TO RENT A ROOM IN HER HOUSE.

I've talked to her about me going to the bank and her being a smart *** said "go ahead"

JCane
05-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah I'd stick it to her just to show her that I can.

Your Mom is an entity of herself and nothing more. She has no right to garnish wages, etc. She basically stole your property, opened private federal information addressed to you, forged your signature, and stole your cash.

Hell, I have a room I'll rent you for $600. Discounted just because it's you haha.

JCane
05-13-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah I'd stick it to her just to show we that I can.

Your Mom is an entity of herself and nothing more. She has no right to garnish wages, etc. She basically stole your property, opened private federal information addressed to you, forged your signature, and stole your cash.

Hell, I have a room I'll rent you for $600. Discounted just because it's you haha.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 08:39 AM
double post ftw lol

But yeah, She's my mom but whatever. She shouldnt be able to get away with this.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah I'd stick it to her just to show we that I can.

And the way it's looking, i'll be out of here very soon

Vaark
05-13-2011, 09:20 AM
Depending on how you really feel about the woman who called you ugly, I'd either take her to small claims court or bring a criminal complaint against her for forgery. Since she absconded with a federal check, you also can elect to bring federal criminal charges. Either way, once you get a judgment or verdict you can:
a) slap a mechanics lien on the property which will **** up any ability to refinance or sell it until satisfied and/or
b) contact the 3 Major credit reporting agencies submitting copies of the unsatisfied judgment to sabotage her credit

or

Threaten to do the above unless she repays you and agrees in writing to extend free room and board for the next 12 months.

FWIW, a friend who's ironically the last guy you'd want to cross, actually prosecuted his sister for misappropriating joint funds and forging his signature. Actually she was lucky considering some of the alternatives.

I can't believe this is your mother... she sounds like she needs a Brighton Beach type of attitude adjustment.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 09:28 AM
Thanks for that info. I'm kind of in a pickle. I don't want to because she's my mom. But she's pretty much been an ******* and has kept money from me my entire life.

I can go on and on what that woman has done to me in a negative way, but I won't do that.

Bottom line, what should I do?

Tunaphish429
05-13-2011, 10:12 AM
Thanks for that info. I'm kind of in a pickle. I don't want to because she's my mom. But she's pretty much been an ******* and has kept money from me my entire life.

I can go on and on what that woman has done to me in a negative way, but I won't do that.

Bottom line, find a new place to live..Then contact the authorites..She has no right to take a check that has your name on it..

How the hell did she cash it in the first place? She would get in serious trouble..Fraud, forgery like the others have said..$600 to rent a room is insane..She is taking advantage of you and being greedy..

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 10:18 AM
It is a Federal Check not to mention from the IRS so if you open that can of worms it will get ugly. But if she is being a snatch **** it hot her with a hammer! What kind of mom takes her kids money or charges her kid rent while he is in college?

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 10:18 AM
From what she said she signed my name on the back of it, then hers below it.

And apartments in Bluefield are pretty hard to find. But yeah, I do need to get it done. I use to have an apartment, but work got slow and I had to move back in with her and my little brother. She wanted me to come back, so i'm just like WTF right now..

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 10:20 AM
It is a Federal Check not to mention from the IRS so if you open that can of worms it will get ugly. But if she is being a snatch **** it hot her with a hammer! What kind of mom takes her kids money or charges her kid rent while he is in college?

My mom. What kind of mom makes a kid give her 600 dollars in 1 month for new tires on a car, then the tires still havent been put on my car yet.

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 10:41 AM
My mom. What kind of mom makes a kid give her 600 dollars in 1 month for new tires on a car, then the tires still havent been put on my car yet.

Call the customer service number on your bank card, ask for fraud department and start there. They will tell you what your legal options are, then depending on the amount it might be a small claims court matter or above that on the civil side to get your money back.

The bank might pay you to cover their ***. Be clear that is a settlement so you do hold them responsible, so you can still seek damages from mommy dearest. The prosecute her and sue her, think of it as protecting your little brother so he so he doesn't ever go through it.

By the way use direct deposit from now on! I know you are in WV but Jesus.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 10:42 AM
I gave her 600 cash :bobdole:

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 10:45 AM
oh and this was just the middle of April when she requested the 600 to pay for the tires she was going to put on the car. I'm still waiting, yet she has my 600 dollars.

I get paid every two weeks and it's usually right around 425. So I make 850 a month. She was 600 a month. This ***** is nucking futs.

ROADRUNNER
05-13-2011, 11:25 AM
you need to get your own life, move out if you can you got mate´s you can move to for a few day´s.
look at your money your getting in and see if you can aford to go by yourself.
yes your mum ****ed you but dont go down that road, just leave with a........:)
since im in spain cant help you much only get half hr on the com if im lucky.
will talk to you later when i get back to scotland. hope it works out for you........:up:

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 11:52 AM
oh and this was just the middle of April when she requested the 600 to pay for the tires she was going to put on the car. I'm still waiting, yet she has my 600 dollars.

I get paid every two weeks and it's usually right around 425. So I make 850 a month. She was 600 a month. This ***** is nucking futs.

If she is hitting you up for money on that little income does she even work? What kind of car does she drive I just put tire on my Nissan 370zx 19inch Z rated $375 on the back and $325 on the front I think she is lying to you.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 11:55 AM
She is a lab tech at our hospital here in town. She makes like 18 an hour. And she drives an 04 Trail Blazer.

We're/She's not poor. She's just stingy as a mother ****er and I plan on getting down to the bottom of this very soon.

tylerdolphin
05-13-2011, 12:18 PM
WTF is going on ITT

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 12:21 PM
theivery & deception

tylerdolphin
05-13-2011, 12:40 PM
Id be pissed as hell though if my parents made me pay that kind of rent while still in college. Do you have any grandparents you can crash at for cheap/free? or you can just call her bluff and never pay her rent and see if she really kicks you out. I mean, you dont wanna be a moocher, but living at your parents while working on school and not making a lot of money isnt mooching.

Locke
05-13-2011, 12:47 PM
**** that man.

I'd sue the **** out of her. That's just me though. I don't put up with being taken advantage of, family or not. Sounds like she isn't afraid of you doing anything about it. You don't have to take everything she has, but you might want to consider suing her for something like 5K. Enough to get you into your own apartment and to pay the bills while you get on your feet. Sucks that family is doing this. Sorry to hear about it...

BobDole
05-13-2011, 01:02 PM
why would you live with someone who is capable of pulling some **** like that? i'd call her bluff and hit her with some charges. she sounds like she's begging you to. do it.

Bumpus
05-13-2011, 01:04 PM
Tough situation.

On the one hand ... It's mom. You only get one mother. You've gotta be careful about breaking ties with family, that **** can cause regret that you'll be dealing with for years.

On the other hand ... ***** stole your loot. ***** gotta pay.

I'd get even. First make sure you have everything she did documented. Then, start with her jewelry box. Find some gold worth the equivalent of $600, and take it to the pawn shop. Then when she asks if you've seen the "misplaced" items, just smile at her and chuckle nefariously.

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 01:08 PM
Tough situation.

On the one hand ... It's mom. You only get one mother. You've gotta be careful about breaking ties with family, that **** can cause regret that you'll be dealing with for years.

On the other hand ... ***** stole your loot. ***** gotta pay.

I'd get even. First make sure you have everything she did documented. Then, start with her jewelry box. Find some gold worth the equivalent of $600, and take it to the pawn shop. Then when she asks if you've seen the "misplaced" items, just smile at her and chuckle nefariously.

Don't Pawn it! Jewelry stores pay more for scrap gold per ounce.

---------- Post added at 12:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:07 PM ----------

why would you live with someone who is capable of pulling some **** like that? i'd call her bluff and hit her with some charges. she sounds like she's begging you to. do it.

Good to see you back how was the honey moon?

Rafiki
05-13-2011, 01:39 PM
I wouldn't do anything behind her back. Tell her to return your money or you'll press charges for forgery and theft. If she says, "do it" then do it. In the meantime, move out.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 01:52 PM
It's not so much the money for the tires I care about right now.

It's that she opened my tax check, took it to the bank and cashed it and didnt tell me until 3 days later, then didn't give me a single ****ing cent of it.

Like, so many "how the **** did she do that?" in that last sentence, but that's how it went down. and yeah, i'm not paying 600 a month to live here. But on the other hand, I really don't have time to look for an apartment, Bluefield doesnt have too many of those anyways. With my schedule, I sleep until 6 in the afternoon, so i'll have to go looking on my days off. Which are twice a week usually. It's a ****ty situation for sure, but something needs to be done.

Vaark
05-13-2011, 02:06 PM

It's that she opened my tax check, took it to the bank and cashed it and didnt tell me until 3 days later, then didn't give me a single ****ing cent of it.

Like, so many "how the **** did she do that?" in that last sentence, but that's how it went down. and yeah, i'm not paying 600 a month to live here. But on the other hand, I really don't have time to look for an apartment, Bluefield doesnt have too many of those anyways. With my schedule, I sleep until 6 in the afternoon, so i'll have to go looking on my days off. Which are twice a week usually. It's a ****ty situation for sure, but something needs to be done.

Find an old lady or couple in a decent sized house and barter a room with kitchen privileges in exchange for handyman services, gardening and grocery shopping. Maybe even sexual services if the old lady is still horny.

Inform them you come with excellent references from professors, teachers and clergy.

Bumpus
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Inform them you come with excellent references from professors, teachers and clergy.

:lol: Don't forget to mention that the boys from the 3AM Crew will totally vouch for 'ya too.
(That ought to be helpful)

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 03:41 PM

Cashing that tax check could really be a bad mistake if you decide to pursue it! You can't steal federal funds, doesn't matter the dollar amount.

Vaark
05-13-2011, 03:47 PM
:lol: Don't forget to mention that the boys from the 3AM Crew will totally vouch for 'ya too.
(That ought to be helpful)

that's true - those old god-fearing Pentecostals will be no doubt impressed by letters of recommendation from urban wigger posers, Caribbean terrorists and hospitality industry graveyard shifters. :up:

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 06:08 PM
This is one thing i'm serious about Vaark, I have the option to possibly send my mom to federal prison. I'm trying to be serious and ask you guys, my friends, before I persue any type of action.

CedarPhin
05-13-2011, 06:11 PM

My mom's a total cum dumpster too, we haven't talked in probably 10 years.

Come to CA.

Ricky_Fan34
05-13-2011, 06:11 PM
I don't know man. Obviously you don't want to send your mom to federal prison (I assume), but at the same time she stole your property. As others have said, you should tell her to give you the money back or you will take legal action. When all of this is settled though I would reccomend moving out as soon as possible to avoid any future conflicts such as this one.

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 06:52 PM
I think we finally worked out an agreement. I seriously hope this works, and yes, i'm still working on finding a place.

Vaark
05-13-2011, 06:53 PM
This is one thing i'm serious about Vaark, I have the option to possibly send my mom to federal prison. I'm trying to be serious and ask you guys, my friends, before I persue any type of action.

hey I laid out for you in my original response what I perceived as your specific options.. but also suggested as leverage, that you enumerate what they are (since she can't preempt them with that knowledge) as a threat to hopefully get your money returned and more favorable living circumstances. By virtue of the comments you 've made before regarding her cruelty, coupled with this, either she's a POS (no offense), is paying you back for some harm you've inflicted on her previously (since there are 3-sides to every story), or is mentally unbalanced. Personally, I wouldn't prosecute a parent without expecting to kiss that relationship goodbye; but I would get myself as far away from her as possible for your own benefit, even if it means taking a leave from school in order to work. However, I'd have no qualms, given what she's done, about putting on an irate, seemingly sincere act, threatening her with criminal prosecution, a small claims civil recovery suit and how a judgment will tarnish her credit rating and perhaps end up making you a junior partner in the house's equity. Then wait to see who blinks first. You know you can sleep on this dilemma for awhile until you feel comfortable doing something or nothing. :idk:

On a side note, I was thinking about this earlier; my parents are long gone and were far from perfect but no matter how rocky a stage in our relationship might have been, I never doubted their love and support; just took for granted as a common birth right. Makes me miss and appreciate them all the more. I've already toasted their memories tonite with a glass of zinfandel.

flynryan15
05-13-2011, 07:41 PM

I don't think she would see federal prison unless you had one huge tax return. Although with how the legal system works you never know!

Arsenal WV
05-13-2011, 07:48 PM
I don't think she would see federal prison unless you had one huge tax return. Although with how the legal system works you never know!

Okay, I just saw the stub. It was 162 dollars :lol:

She put it in her account because she said and I quote "You would just drink it away or buy some video game". While that is true, I demanded she return the money to me by Monday afternoon. So hopefully we're good now. I start house hunting tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help guys, and letting me know my options and stuff. It means a lot.

WeVie
05-13-2011, 09:33 PM
My dad knows an older lady that lives in Bluefeild in a house that has an apartment above the garage. If you want, I can get him to ask if she would be interested in renting it out. It's on Bluefield Ave or really close to there. I can't remember which. I know it's maybe less than 7 or 8 miles from Wal-Mart

CedarPhin
05-13-2011, 10:55 PM

She put it in her account because she said and I quote "You would just drink it away or buy some video game". While that is true, I demanded she return the money to me by Monday afternoon. So hopefully we're good now. I start house hunting tomorrow.

Thanks for all your help guys, and letting me know my options and stuff. It means a lot.

Hope it works out well for you.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 01:17 AM
So how's it going now? Is all well on the home front once again?

WVDolphan
05-15-2011, 03:19 AM
You cant **** **** up with your mom. Bumpus is right. You only get one mother. You might regret it down the road if you hit her with charges.

Secondly, if you do hit her with charges, then where ya gonna go? Sounds like youre screwed without her right now. She is the roof over your head.

Looks like youre in a tough spot and its time to man the **** up. Youre going to have to get a better job, or a second job. Its time for you to get **** done. I think if you tough it out and either pay her the rent she wants, or be a man and strike out on your own, you will become a better person for it and you will thank her someday.

This is America. No one with balls will starve to death or not find a way to take care of themselves if they have the will. You just have to man the **** up.

WVDolphan
05-15-2011, 03:22 AM

Sounds like she is forcing you to grow the **** up. Good for her. Honestly, I wish my mother had did that **** to me when I was your age. I would be a lot better person because of it and likely wouldnt have gotten behind as much.

WVDolphan
05-15-2011, 03:26 AM
You should also seriously consider checking Cedar out. Hell, he offered. Go out to Cali. WV is a ****hole. Unless youre a Dr, lawyer, or are willing to bust your *** and risk your life in a coal mine, its very difficult to make big money here as a man. I wish I had gone some place else when I finished college. You should consider getting the hell out of this place and seeing what opportunities are out there.

Just dont go out just to hang out with Cedar and take bong hits all day. I mean, do that, but not all day everyday. Look for opportunities. Improve yourself and your situation.

CedarPhin
05-15-2011, 04:35 AM
You should also seriously consider checking Cedar out. Hell, he offered. Go out to Cali. WV is a ****hole. Unless youre a Dr, lawyer, or are willing to bust your *** and risk your life in a coal mine, its very difficult to make big money here as a man. I wish I had gone some place else when I finished college. You should consider getting the hell out of this place and seeing what opportunities are out there.

Just dont go out just to hang out with Cedar and take bong hits all day. I mean, do that, but not all day everyday. Look for opportunities. Improve yourself and your situation.

That line made my night.

G1EgjL1ujGM

Arsenal WV
05-15-2011, 07:36 AM
Sounds like she is forcing you to grow the **** up. Good for her. Honestly, I wish my mother had did that **** to me when I was your age. I would be a lot better person because of it and likely wouldnt have gotten behind as much.

So just so I understand. My mom is forcing me to grow up by 1. Stealing my check 2. Taking my money 3. Making me give her money for bogus reasons.

It's not like if I didnt live with her i'd die. I can find an apartment and be fine. I just really don't have the time at the point. But it will eventually happen.. I just got back here not too long ago. Lived by myself and it was fine. Payed my bills, had food and wasnt eating ramen noodles everyday.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 10:01 AM
So just so I understand. My mom is forcing me to grow up by 1. Stealing my check 2. Taking my money 3. Making me give her money for bogus reasons.

It's not like if I didnt live with her i'd die. I can find an apartment and be fine. I just really don't have the time at the point. But it will eventually happen.. I just got back here not too long ago. Lived by myself and it was fine. Payed my bills, had food and wasnt eating ramen noodles everyday.

You have plenty of time if you will just make the time. Not to be harsh on ya, but I was working 80 plus hours a week swinging from night shift to dayshift, out of town on top of that and still found time to find a house to buy in another state.

All you have to do is buy a Bargain Finder and make some calls and swing by before or after work. You don't need that much time. Besides, you are off two days a week right?

WVdolphan is right on getting out of there. It was the best thing I ever did. That place is a hell hole. Unless you want to work in the coal mine or drill gas wells,(which is what I did), there is no money to be made for the most part unless you can become a doctor or a lawyer. Even then, a doctor or lawyer could make way more money somewhere else. Everyone in that area tries to make the argument of how much more the cost of living is once you go somewhere else. Well, it's not that bad, unless you go to New York or somewhere crazy like that.

Vaark
05-17-2011, 07:27 AM
WVdolphan is right on getting out of there. It was the best thing I ever did. That place is a hell hole. Unless you want to work in the coal mine or drill gas wells,(which is what I did), there is no money to be made for the most part unless you can become a doctor or a lawyer. Even then, a doctor or lawyer could make way more money somewhere else. Everyone in that area tries to make the argument of how much more the cost of living is once you go somewhere else. Well, it's not that bad, unless you go to New York or somewhere crazy like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68gJbUyeWkg

Valandui
05-17-2011, 08:02 AM

Otherwise, this might happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiILonFfD6E

Tunaphish429
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
Disaster averted?

WeVie
05-17-2011, 09:49 AM
Is all well now or what?

Arsenal WV
05-17-2011, 10:23 AM
yeah guys, it's good for right now. Still looking for an apartment though.

I'll keep yall updated.

BobDole
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
this is what happens when you live with your parents for too long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5zcvjXinF0&feature=related