PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul - Legalizing Heroine, Cocaine, Cannabis

rob19
05-14-2011, 07:24 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJow2ALVirk&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJow2ALVirk&feature=related

Ron Paul owns some ****ing squares

We need more visionaries like this in Government. I think it takes a lot of courage to be right in a system and society full of brain dead, hypnotized, propagandized, sheeple, ****-tards.

I can't help but remember the pot cookie thread awhile back where JCane and tyler were concerned that if heroine became legal than the streets would be overflowing with heroin addicts destroying walmarts and crashing cars into playgrounds filled with children :lol::lol::lol::lol:

what a joke

rob19
05-14-2011, 07:30 AM
"OH YEA I NEED THE GOVERNMENT TO TAKE CARE OF ME, I DON'T WANT TO DO HEROIN SO I NEED ALL THESE LAWS!"

still cracking up

:lol::lol:

Valandui
05-14-2011, 07:35 AM
All he was saying is that the federal government shouldn't have jurisdiction over such things. It's the classic states' rights argument.

rob19
05-14-2011, 08:04 AM
All he was saying is that the federal government shouldn't have jurisdiction over such things. It's the classic states' rights argument.

Indeed, and as it should be. The Governor following Paul also talks a little about the fiscal drains and incarceration rates caused by the failure of our "war" on drugs. So it's also and economical issue.

edit: I love how he starts using a "hurr durr" retard voice when he goes on his heroin rant.. classic :lol: :lol:

NY8123
05-14-2011, 08:42 AM
I wish more people would realize these exact points. People are going to do whatever they want to do regardless of the laws and micro-lawing is not the way to go.

This has more to do with my generation (30 to 40), I live in a generation of people who think every problem in their life should be fixed by someone else. They refuse to look in the mirror and put the blame where it belongs, on their personal decision making ability or lack there of.

JCane
05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
It's really not a great idea to legalize heroin.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul but he's not earning any votes with this kind of talk.

NY8123
05-14-2011, 11:22 AM

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul but he's not earning any votes with this kind of talk.

I was watching a history channel documentary on probation and the Harrison Act in 1914. Every single person from politicians, doctors, law enforcement, political scientists etc..that commented on the Harrison Act of 1914 and the Prohibition Amendment in 1915 said if the governing fathers knew what enforcement of those laws was going to cost the Nation in terms of money, man power, jailing costs, legal fees etc..they would have never signed either into law.

America is not winning the War on Drugs and simply put they never will, it is way to lucrative and when in 2000 it was estimated that the drug trade in the US alone was 160 billion business and you only spend 18 billion to stop that business it is like being short stacked at the poker table.

Something different needs to be done and maybe knocking the bottom out of the drug trade by making it so cheap for anyone to get those drugs you starve the dealers to the point that they can no longer make a living. You then put the money spent fighting to stop illegal entrance into education and prevention programs. Enabling the individual to become the single most powerful weapon against drug trafficking.

At some point we the citizens need to clean up our own messes and not expect lawmakers to do it for us.

rob19
05-14-2011, 11:26 AM

Your opinion.

Personally I think it's inevitable. The future.

And like I said, I think it's takes courage to be a visionary and I find that far more admirable than pandering to get votes.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2013/07/1301442087720-1.jpg

rob19
05-14-2011, 11:29 AM
I was watching a history channel documentary on probation and the Harrison Act in 1914. Every single person from politicians, doctors, law enforcement, political scientists etc..that commented on the Harrison Act of 1914 and the Prohibition Amendment in 1915 said if the governing fathers knew what enforcement of those laws was going to cost the Nation in terms of money, man power, jailing costs, legal fees etc..they would have never signed either into law.

America is not winning the War on Drugs and simply put they never will, it is way to lucrative and when in 2000 it was estimated that the drug trade in the US alone was 160 billion business and you only spend 18 billion to stop that business it is like being short stacked at the poker table.

Something different needs to be done and maybe knocking the bottom out of the drug trade by making it so cheap for anyone to get those drugs you starve the dealers to the point that they can no longer make a living. You then put the money spent fighting to stop illegal entrance into education and prevention programs. Enabling the individual to become the single most powerful weapon against drug trafficking.

At some point we the citizens need to clean up our own messes and not expect lawmakers to do it for us.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/1293155317328-1.jpg

tylerdolphin
05-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Yea I can get behind legalizing pot and probably coke too, but heroin is pushing it to me. If it was legalized theres no way you can just let people shoot up around people and ****. It would definitely have to be regulated.

Bumpus
05-14-2011, 01:23 PM
Your opinion.

Personally I think it's inevitable. The future.

And like I said, I think it's takes courage to be a visionary and I find that far more admirable than pandering to get votes.

Really?!? Heroin? :bobdole:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/barneyfifeandytaylor13-1.jpg

CedarPhin
05-14-2011, 02:02 PM
With regards to heroin, it's really no worse than cocaine. Do what Vancouver does, open up some heroin clinics where people can register as "addicts" and can get clean needles and their fix. If they have kids when they register, they have to give them to someone else while they undergo their "treatment".

It's better than having those retards cause ruckus out on the street. I think it's something like the average heroin junkie needs like 500-1000 dollars a day to support their habit. When they can't get that money (and most people can't), they turn to criminal means as a way to get their heroin $$$. Not to mention the spreading of diseases (health care costs skyrocketing anyone?) that inevitably comes with shared needles, and yeah, I would go the Vancouver route. I'd never do heroin, it's a little much for me, but if you want to do it, it's really none of my business to tell you what to do. Look at the success in Vancouver, look at what Oakland is like now that marijuana is basically legal on the streets. I don't see any crime rates shooting up, it looks like they've gone down more than anything.

Now a drug that I wouldn't legalize? Crystal Meth. That's destructive to the user, to those around them, and the "cooking" process is absolutely awful. To me, that has no purpose being legalized. It's a horrible substance.

Plus, if you legalized drugs and regulated it, you'd bring in alot of tax dollars, you'd be spending less on the "War on Drugs", you'd have a safer populace, and it would bring the prices down and effectively put the cartels out of business. I have zero problem with that.

CedarPhin
05-14-2011, 02:03 PM
Yea I can get behind legalizing pot and probably coke too, but heroin is pushing it to me. If it was legalized theres no way you can just let people shoot up around people and ****. It would definitely have to be regulated.

If drugs were legalized, there wouldn't be masses out on the streets shooting up. They'd go to a place to get their fix, like going to a bar.

rob19
05-14-2011, 02:37 PM
I think it's something like the average heroin junkie needs like 500-1000 dollars a day to support their habit.

I agree with most everything you said, except it's not that expensive. A heroin habit only costs the average junkie anywhere from 20-200$ a day. Depending on where you look on the internet it might say a bit more or less but really nothing too far past 200$.

Prices vary depending on location so that's a major factor on daily spending but on average a gram of H is normally somewhere between 100-300$ a gram. Now the Lethal-Dose 50/50 on heroin is 1.5 grams. So with 1000$ at about 200$ a gram you could kill yourself 3 times over.

JCane
05-14-2011, 02:40 PM
You guys speak as if I am all for more government lol.

I'M NOT.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. I worked on his campaign back in 2007. And actually, that video in the OP...that took place right down the street from me here in Greenville.

"Your opinion."

LOL

It's not opinion. Heroin takes lives does it not? That's a bad thing regardless of how you view it. Paul knows that. And he's right, just because you legalize doesn't mean that you and I are going to run out and do Heroin. I'm smarter than that. Most of you probably are as well.

We aren't winning the war on drugs but we're definitely not going to gain anything by legalizing it. The biggest problem is that if it's legal, it's more accessible. So now you might have a group of college kids who are bored with Marijuana and now they want to go a little further here at a party. Guess what...YOUR kid is at this party. Is it out of the realm of possibility that someone...maybe YOUR kid overdoses on Heroin and DIES. What an awful tragedy that could have possibly been prevented.

Seriously, what GOOD can come of legalizing HEROIN since it's "my opinion."

:lol:

I have a strong feeling that some of you do a little bit of drugs...and that's fine by me...I really don't give a **** what you do...but the fact that some of you do use some recreational drugs, you think that it should be legalized.

People can't even EAT RIGHT and you think people can police drug use and be responsible with HEROIN?!

"Well I'm too fat and lazy so I'll just waddle on into Burger King for the 38th time this month...pass my fat *** by four gyms on the way there. Guess I'll go back home and stuff my fat *** with this triple Whopper while I watch network television. Don't mind my wheezing...I had to get up off the couch and I'm out of breath...but don't you worry, I can be responsible with Heroin."

YOU get off the couch and take a visit to the mall or somewhere that a lot of people are congregating. Look around you. People are ****ing STUPID and you want to make Heroin accessible to people who already use it. I know that if Heroin were legalized tomorrow that the majority of people wouldn't ever touch it, but we all know that a lot of people might say **** it and try it.

I suggest the viewing of Idiocracy for those who haven't see it.

Valandui
05-14-2011, 02:52 PM
If you really listen to his argument (not saying you guys haven't, this is just for the sake of my rant), he isn't actually saying that it's a good idea to legalize it. He's saying that the federal government should be out of the equation as they have no constitutional authority to do so. In that case, if Michigan wants to legalize it but Ohio doesn't, not only should they be able to do so, but they should also not be bound by the other state's decision to do or not do it and that the federal government has no say in the matter.

rob19
05-14-2011, 02:53 PM
You guys speak as if I am all for more government lol.

I'M NOT.

I'm a big fan of Ron Paul. I worked on his campaign back in 2007. And actually, that video in the OP...that took place right down the street from me here in Greenville.

"Your opinion."

LOL

It's not opinion. Heroin takes lives does it not? That's a bad thing regardless of how you view it. Paul knows that. And he's right, just because you legalize doesn't mean that you and I are going to run out and do Heroin. I'm smarter than that. Most of you probably are as well.

We aren't winning the war on drugs but we're definitely not going to gain anything by legalizing it. The biggest problem is that if it's legal, it's more accessible. So now you might have a group of college kids who are bored with Marijuana and now they want to go a little further here at a party. Guess what...YOUR kid is at this party. Is it out of the realm of possibility that someone...maybe YOUR kid overdoses on Heroin and DIES. What an awful tragedy that could have possibly been prevented.

Seriously, what GOOD can come of legalizing HEROIN since it's "my opinion."

I have a strong feeling that some of you do a little bit of drugs...and that's fine by me...I really don't give a **** what you do...but the fact that some of you do use some recreational drugs, you think that it should be legalized.

People can't even EAT RIGHT and you think people can police drug use and be responsible with HEROIN?!

"Well I'm too fat and lazy so I'll just waddle on into Burger King for the 38th time this month...pass my fat *** by four gyms on the way there. Guess I'll go back home and stuff my fat *** with this triple Whopper while I watch network television. Don't mind my wheezing...I had to get up off the couch and I'm out of breath...but don't you worry, I can be responsible with Heroin."

YOU get off the couch and take a visit to the mall or somewhere that a lot of people are congregating. Look around you. People are ****ing STUPID and you want to make Heroin accessible to people who already use it. I know that if Heroin were legalized tomorrow that the majority of people wouldn't ever touch it, but we all know that a lot of people might say **** it and try it.

I suggest the viewing of Idiocracy for those who haven't see it.

I hope you're not so dense or full of yourself to realize that it is just your opinion. I'm not going to go into doomsday hypotheticals with you.

Also, I've never done heroin, cocaine, any harmful drug, and the only drug I partake of on a regular basis is cannabis. And how retarded is it that anyone who supports the legalization of something must be using.

JCane
05-14-2011, 03:09 PM
If you really listen to his argument (not saying you guys haven't, this is just for the sake of my rant), he isn't actually saying that it's a good idea to legalize it. He's saying that the federal government should be out of the equation as they have no constitutional authority to do so. In that case, if Michigan wants to legalize it but Ohio doesn't, not only should they be able to do so, but they should also not be bound by the other state's decision to do or not do it and that the federal government has no say in the matter.

Yeah but most people can't understand this. They think he wants to legalize it so that we can all have a damn good time with some drugs and run retarded in the streets.

JCane
05-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I hope you're not so dense or full of yourself to realize that it is just your opinion. I'm not going to go into doomsday hypotheticals with you.

Also, I've never done heroin, cocaine, any harmful drug, and the only drug I partake of on a regular basis is cannabis. And how retarded is it that anyone who supports the legalization of something must be using.

Yeah, I know you're not. Wouldn't want you to. I never mentioned any doomsday hypothetical.

All I asked is that someone give a positive for legalizing Heroin.

rob19
05-14-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I know you're not. Wouldn't want you to. I never mentioned any doomsday hypothetical.

All I asked is that someone give a positive for legalizing Heroin.

You regulate it like alcohol, meaning children don't have access to it. Dealers don't have any problem selling to kids as long as they're making money, and a large percentage of heroin users are in the 15-25 demographic aswell, maybe if you give those kids who started as minors a few years to mature than maybe they'd end up never touching it. And then with it legal, you eradicate the illegal drug trade and take the money out of the dealers hands.

Now, since your main argument is that it "takes lives", more people die from the drug-trade business than from actually using the drugs. Also, more people die from LEGAL drugs every year than all ILLEGAL drugs combined.

More so, just because something is dangerous doesn't mean you should outlaw it. Lots of things are dangerous and are perfectly legal. Guns are far more dangerous than heroin, and I have a feeling you aren't in favor of outlawing guns. Oh and stupid people have guns too.

"I can take a ****ing fork and jam it in my eyeball, does that mean forks should be illegal?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7RhSKvlOfE

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/1296019731491-1.png

I really like what NY8123 said

CedarPhin
05-14-2011, 04:07 PM
Yeah but most people can't understand this. They think he wants to legalize it so that we can all have a damn good time with some drugs and run retarded in the streets.

Not what I said at all. I'd do something similar to what they were planning on doing here for the Prop 19 (had it passed), especially like for something like marijuana. It's not a harmful substance, unless you can be killed from getting fits of laughter over dumb things, or if you get really loaded and go out driving on a road that winds alot.

For heroin though, I'd point to the Vancouver method. They don't have idiots running on the streets there, it's actually a pretty nice place to go to. I don't go there for the heroin, but it's not like I'm being knifed every time I want to go out by some dude who's high on it. At a treatment center, I'd imagine it's pretty much like a medical hash bar like the ones they have in Berkeley. You sit down, you're given a clean needle, you have to register with the government as a "heroin addict" though.

It's going to cut down on the drug trade considerably (especially the Afghan influence), it's going to knock cartels out of the water, and it's going to cut back on government spending. It's a win-win.

Of course, I'd let it be a State's issue, as with most things. Let the states decide on what's legal and what's illegal. Don't like what's going on in your state? Move to one where you can hang out with like-minded individuals.

rob19
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
For heroin though, I'd point to the Vancouver method. They don't have idiots running on the streets there, it's actually a pretty nice place to go to. I don't go there for the heroin, but it's not like I'm being knifed every time I want to go out by some dude who's high on it.

unfortunately this seems to be the popular perception of what would happen if legalized. /sigh

COphinphan89
05-14-2011, 04:13 PM
"Let's Nerf the world."

That line kills me.

JCane
05-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork argument is terrible.

If I ram a fork into my eyeball, we KNOW that I will lose my eye. You get no "positive" from ramming a fork into your face.

The "positive" from Heroin use is the high. Now I can take a fork and scratch my eyelid with it if it itches and that feels pretty good. I soothe my itch. But if I say that's not good enough now I want to ram the **** into my face...now I have a problem that I can't fix.

You're making it seem as if I want more government and that my argument is that I need laws and such to keep me safe. That's not my argument. I'm smart enough to know better than to stick forks in my eyeballs and I'm smart enough not to use illegal drugs. I'm not even a fan of putting caffeine into my body but I do it on occasion.

My argument is that the bad outweighs the good. Yes, if you legalize you must regulate it and I think there should be some serious restrictions on where to buy it and how you use it.

If I had to walk out my door right now and purchase Heroin I wouldn't even have an idea as to what neighborhood to go to much less know anyone that had it. But if it's legalized then I'm pretty sure I can find where I can purchase some within a matter of minutes.

You guys say that people need to be responsible for themselves and tend to their own messes without having the government step in and take care of everything for you and I agree 110%. But again, people are stupid and abuse everything that you give to them. Especially most drug users who aren't too bright to begin with.

rob19
05-14-2011, 04:38 PM

If I ram a fork into my eyeball, we KNOW that I will lose my eye. You get no "positive" from ramming a fork into your face.

The "positive" from Heroin use is the high. Now I can take a fork and scratch my eyelid with it if it itches and that feels pretty good. I soothe my itch. But if I say that's not good enough now I want to ram the **** into my face...now I have a problem that I can't fix.

You're making it seem as if I want more government and that my argument is that I need laws and such to keep me safe. That's not my argument. I'm smart enough to know better than to stick forks in my eyeballs and I'm smart enough not to use illegal drugs. I'm not even a fan of putting caffeine into my body but I do it on occasion.

My argument is that the bad outweighs the good. Yes, if you legalize you must regulate it and I think there should be some serious restrictions on where to buy it and how you use it.

If I had to walk out my door right now and purchase Heroin I wouldn't even have an idea as to what neighborhood to go to much less know anyone that had it. But if it's legalized then I'm pretty sure I can find where I can purchase some within a matter of minutes.

You guys say that people need to be responsible for themselves and tend to their own messes without having the government step in and take care of everything for you and I agree 110%. But again, people are stupid and abuse everything that you give to them. Especially most drug users who aren't too bright to begin with.

People can abuse anything, doesn't mean it should be illegal.

Also, you keep ignoring the fact that this could actually lead to a decrease in use, and could be an overall positive measure.

You seem pretty set in the mind frame that this is an anarchy inducing idea, with little to no benefit.

rob19
05-14-2011, 04:44 PM
I'll put this up again..

JCane
05-14-2011, 04:48 PM
It's not an ANARCHY inducing idea.

Anarchy would mean that the drug would be legal and people wouldn't abuse it because they're well educated and understand the dangers, etc., of the drug.

I don't know why Anarchy gets this "chaos" rap because I am all for Anarchy even though it will never happen.

And I'm not saying that things should be illegal because people will abuse it. If that were true we'd have to outlaw food because too many people eat for pleasure.

And maybe it could lead to a decrease in use. Who knows. That's certainly debatable to no end.

COphinphan89
05-14-2011, 04:49 PM
I think decriminalization at the federal level is a good way to go. That's what Portugal and the Netherlands have done and they've seen positive results. But it is beyond ridiculous to outlaw a damn plant like marijuana where the worst thing you can do after smoking it is maybe eat too many Cheetos or laugh too hard at an episode of Spongebob. But it's perfectly legal to drink yourself so stupid that you're picking fights with strangers, puking in parking lots, and pissing on dumpsters at 3 AM.

JCane
05-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Marijuana should be legalized for MANY reasons other than smoking it. I don't smoke it and wouldn't smoke it if it were legal to sit outside of Starbucks and smoke it. Just seems ridiculous to me personally.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 12:06 AM
I think they should legalize everything. That way they could control it a little better, and tax the sh*t out of it. I bet in no time they could erase the deficit

CedarPhin
05-15-2011, 02:37 AM
I think they should legalize everything. That way they could control it a little better, and tax the sh*t out of it. I bet in no time they could erase the deficit

Bingo.

CedarPhin
05-15-2011, 02:39 AM

That's the thing though. It erases the black market. If you want to buy it, you go to a government treatment center or however else it's regulated, and you're given the **** you want in a safe, responsible method. No risk of diseases, crime decreases because the price drops, etc.

Valandui
05-15-2011, 02:51 AM
That's part of his position on the stuff. Also, if there were regulations on production, the end product would be safer, in theory. You wouldn't really have to worry about it being laced with crazy **** as much.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 10:27 AM
Marijuana should be legalized for MANY reasons other than smoking it. I don't smoke it and wouldn't smoke it if it were legal to sit outside of Starbucks and smoke it. Just seems ridiculous to me personally.

I agree. I don't smoke it and would not if it were legal but it seems pretty damn silly to be able to drink alcohol legally and not be able to smoke a plant. For the most part, pot has proven to be more more safer and far less addictive.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 10:37 AM

People should be responsible for themselves but that sad thing is they are not. 75% or more of grown adults are nothing more than big irresponsible kids. Anyone who has ever been in a leadership position or a management position can tell you that. If you don't hold there hand and dictate every little move to them, they cannot get anything done. It surprises me how some of them can get out of bed every morning and find there way to work everyday.

WeVie
05-15-2011, 10:44 AM
It's not an ANARCHY inducing idea.

Anarchy would mean that the drug would be legal and people wouldn't abuse it because they're well educated and understand the dangers, etc., of the drug.

I don't know why Anarchy gets this "chaos" rap because I am all for Anarchy even though it will never happen.

And I'm not saying that things should be illegal because people will abuse it. If that were true we'd have to outlaw food because too many people eat for pleasure.

And maybe it could lead to a decrease in use. Who knows. That's certainly debatable to no end.

I read this and it makes me think of this big fat bi*tch my wife was watching on TV. She was over 600 pounds and had to lose 120 pounds to qualify for the bypass surgery. She said if she could figure out what made her fat, then she would do something about it. Gee, I wonder? When you eat all day long and don't move, what do you think is going to happen? Even after the doctor told her she was going to die if she did not lose weight, she was still eating like mad.

Eli_Manning
05-16-2011, 12:52 AM
legalize everything damnit

Valandui
05-16-2011, 02:06 AM
The thing is, personal responsibility is at an all time low in this country. The funny thing is, the most common argument against getting government's hands out of everything is that people are too dependent on government assistance and that they can't take care of themselves. That doesn't meant that this shouldn't be fixed, though. It's a flawed argument. It's basically saying that you can't fix the problem because the problem itself exists. Try using that argument in other situations. You can't get off heroine because you're dependent on heroine and your addiction might get worse. The 600 lb woman can't lose weight because she weighs 600 lbs and it might get worse. Or, to keep it local, we can't draft a good QB because he might be a bust, so we should just stick with what we have. It's a very nonsensical line of reasoning.

BobDole
05-18-2011, 04:25 PM
the government is too stupid to realize they'd make more money by legalizing and taxing something than they would collecting seizures and probation, etc.. don't think for a second these things are illegal for our own good. money far outweighs the well being of society in the government's eyes - we do live in a capitalist society - after all.

heroine though ... i don't know about that one. anytime you legalize something that can kill you immediately - first time use style - is crossing a fine line.

just b/c **** like that works somewhere else doesn't mean it would work here. different cultures. americans abuse the fugg out of everything. period. that's why our environment is dying when we've only been here a few hundred years.