PDA

View Full Version : Movies that made you shed a tear?

WeVie
05-15-2011, 01:31 PM
So most of us have did it. Which movie have you watched that made you leak a little from the eyes? I was watching the Bucket List last night and it made me think of this. I have watched several times but when he marks off, "kiss the most beautiful woman in the world", it gets me every time. If you have kids, I bet it does you too.

rob19
05-15-2011, 02:02 PM
Peaceful Warrior

WeVie
05-15-2011, 04:42 PM
The Notebook is another one for me. I am not normally into movies like that but I really liked that one and boy was it sad at the end.

JCane
05-15-2011, 07:49 PM
Remember when I told you that baseball was my LIFE...

61*
Eight Men Out
Field of Dreams

Still tear up no matter how many times I see them.

61* really bad...

Arsenal WV
05-15-2011, 08:17 PM
Armageddon (at the end)

The Notebook

Saving Private Ryan (at the very end when he's asking his wife if he lived a good life)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOatpR4mf_o

Ricky4Life
05-15-2011, 08:29 PM
The Notebook

The Lion King (when Mufasa is killed)

Marley and Me( I was waist deep in tears)

COphinphan89
05-15-2011, 10:28 PM
Shawshank Redemption

Forrest Gump

Toy Story 3

uga3406
05-17-2011, 11:03 AM
Caddyshack---had me laughing my as* off of tears :chuckle:

Ricky_Fan34
05-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Caddyshack---had me laughing my as* off of tears :chuckle:
classic movie. gotta love it.

uga3406
05-17-2011, 11:19 AM
classic movie. gotta love it.

yup and anyone who has watched it, has a fav line from that movie...Mine is when carl and preacher are playing golf when it is pouring outside in a monsoon and the preacher asks carl should they stop and go in and carl responds "I keep playing, I dont think the hard stuff is gonna come down for awhile" LOL

Perfect23
05-17-2011, 11:37 AM
The Fox and The Hound

Click

WeVie
05-17-2011, 12:25 PM
The Fox and The Hound

Click

We will be friends forever.

ryanosaur2000
05-17-2011, 12:45 PM
Grave of the Fireflies.

If you have not watch this animated film you should check it out :(

BobDole
05-18-2011, 03:23 PM
The Fox and The Hound

Click

click was an odd choice but fox and the hound got me when i was little every time. still my favorite disney movie to this day. didn't get me like optimus prime getting whacked in the original cartoon transformers movie though. WHAT THE FUGG?

movies don't make me tear up like books do (like every irish book i've ever read - ***trinity***) - but i can think of a few brutally sad scenes for me:

braveheart - william wallace being gutted and him seeing his wife in the crowd - FREEDOM - was ...

gladiator - the music coupled with crowe walking down that field to be reunited with his family was ...

ray - 'she ain't never left' was ...

tombstone - the scene with doc and earp at the end was ...

shawshank - the brooks scene was brutally ...

the last of the mohicans - daniel day lewis (but who am i kidding? any daniel day lewis movie is depressing - my left foot, in the name of the father, the boxer ...) watching his brother getting thrown off the cliff was ...

casualties of war - gut wrenching scene in this one where the chick almost gets away. :bobdole: - too many sad war ones to list - hamburger hill, gallipoli, full metal jacket, etc. - goes with the territory.

forrest gump - him talking to jenny at her grave was ...

life is beautiful - pretty bad. ditto with the concentration camp ones - schindler's list, etc.

my life - the last 20-30 minutes of this one were ...

requiem for a dream - how they all ended up was ...

where the red fern grows - would've been sadder except i read the book when i was in 4th grad - still depressed by it.

higher learning - the speech rappaport gave before blowing his head off was ..

angela's ashes - the horribly, intensely, soul crushing-ness of the book doesn't even compare to how sad the movie was. my God was that the most depressing thing i've ever read.

field of dreams - 'dad ... how bout a catch?' was ...

american history x - the end was ...

a river runs through it - the dad's last sermon at the end of the movie was ...

the last samurai - i hate cruise but them charging in and getting handled was pretty damn sad.

big fish - the ending was ...

the green mile - yeah.

my girl - oh yeah.

brian's song - uh-hu.

blue valentine - one i got dragged to on a date recently - DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE. wow.

BobDole
05-18-2011, 03:26 PM
Grave of the Fireflies.

If you have not watch this animated film you should check it out :(

they made a cartoon for the specific purpose of eating children's souls. i pity the parent who accidentally buys this for their little one.

Tunaphish429
05-18-2011, 03:28 PM
A league of their own..

Rudy

Only 2 moives I ever cried about.

Arsenal WV
05-18-2011, 03:32 PM
I teared up at Click too now that you mention it. That was sad..

BobDole
05-18-2011, 04:37 PM
and i can't believe i forgot about the end scene from 'and the band played on'. holy fugg that was sad.

WeVie
05-19-2011, 01:11 AM
Click is an odd movie to list but ya, it is pretty damn sad at the end.

I can watch Braveheart and turn the water works on three or four times. Man I love that movie!!!!

BobDole
05-19-2011, 04:01 AM
there's a scene in 'a long song for bobby long' that was uber sad as well. fantastic movie for those of you who haven't seen it.

Bumpus
05-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Flash Gordon (1980) ... The fact that Earth had to be saved by a QB from the friggin Jets gets me every time. :boohoo:

DzakkH13
05-19-2011, 07:42 PM
Never had a tear shed for a movie, but I have been choked up several times.

Some of the ones that choked me up were:

Braveheart
Shutter Island
Gladiator
8 Seconds
Legends of the Fall

Just to name a few.

WeVie
05-29-2011, 12:22 AM
I just watched Remember Me and holy balls it is one sad movie.

Arsenal WV
06-13-2011, 10:21 AM
Just watched The Notebook again. And like clockwork, right when he's reading the front page of the notebook and it sais "Read this to me and i'll never forget us". I lost hard... I'm such a pansy

Kdawg954
06-15-2011, 09:36 AM
I can relate on a few of the films mentioned . . . one that I don't think was mentioned:

John Q - So many scenes from "I'm not gonna bury my son, my son is gonna bury me", to the scene where he is talking to his family with the whole conversation live . . . the scene before he attempts to kill himself and he is talking to his son.

That movie was made to make people tear up.

Rudy
Pursuit of Happyness
Hard Ball
Forest Gump (@ Jenny's Grave always does it)
Remember The Titans (when Julius is talking to Bertier in the hospital after the accident)

And a Sitcom Episode that makes me cry:

Fresh Prince of Bel Air - When Will reunites with his real father only to see him leave him behind again. I get real wishy washy on that scene

SpurzN703
06-20-2011, 05:19 PM
Titanic
Click
Marley and Me
Field of Dreams

electrolyte
12-06-2011, 06:52 AM
Schindler's List
The Notebook
Love Story

Smith21
12-06-2011, 10:13 AM
Broke Back Mountain.

dolphindebby
12-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Field of Dreams
Untamed Heart
Dances with Wolves
Braveheart

Joe from WY
12-07-2011, 02:13 AM
muuveees meek peepl creye...lol

Wildbill3
12-07-2011, 02:36 AM
wow. Old yeller

the last episode of supernatural where bobby dies.

Vaark
12-08-2011, 12:54 AM
Sophie's Choice

Marley and Me

tylerdolphin
12-08-2011, 01:08 AM
I havent seen it in forever, but when I saw Castaway as a kid, it tore me up when Tom Hanks lost Wilson.

CedarPhin
12-08-2011, 01:40 AM
Old Yeller.

Myles Fynch
12-08-2011, 03:18 AM
I know a lot of people thought it sucked, but The Village got me choked up a few times.... namely Bryce Dallas Howard who I thought gave an incredible performance as a blind girl.

Maybe Of Mice and Men as well.

JC
12-12-2011, 04:46 AM
Click

Old Yeller (watched it when I was super young)

My Dog Skip (also watched it when I was super young)

Reign Over Me

There's been a few others that I can't remember off the top of my head

GoonBoss
02-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Off the top of my head;

Guns At Batasi- Color Sergeant Lauderdale has just been told that even though he did his soldiers duty, and actually above and beyond...Probably Victoria Cross level stuff during a mutiny in '60s colonial Africa, he's being sent home with a reprimand. He goes in, takes a shot from the SGT Mess Bar, and throws it in anger at a picture of the Queen, shattering it and knocking it off the wall. The look on Attenbourough's face is......soul shaking when he realized what he did.

Blackhawk Down- When Shutgart and Gordon volunteer to go down to secure the crash site. I tried to explain to my son when we watched it before he went to basic what that sort of love for another of your tribe was about, but I eventually gave up and just told him "You're about to find out about that kind of love."

Always- When Dryfuss's plan blows up and Goodman plasters his face against his canopy in disbelief. Also, when Al comes to get Dorinda....Holly Hunter, John Goodman and Dreyfuss.......Wow...What a movie that was.

NY8123
02-27-2012, 10:06 PM
The Untouchables:

As Capone speaks, his lieutenants, sitting around the table smoking cigars, smile in agreement to what he is saying.
"I get nowhere unless the team wins. Team! Team!"

After the second lieutenant repeats,“team,” Capone, who has come up behind him with the baseball bat, starts whacking him repeatedly on the head, presumably for not being a team player. The scene ends with the lieutenant lying on the table, as blood from his head spreads out across the white table cloth. The best part is after the second wack, if you look closely, blood spurts on the table like a water fountain. Classic!

Gets me everytime.

NY8123
03-03-2012, 05:39 PM
Ok I don't give a **** about what the critics say Act of Valor got me. I'll admit it I shed tears.

Fin_Frenzy_84
03-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Marley and Me got me...

Funky Fin
03-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Act of Valor. Damn good movie.