PDA

View Full Version : NATIONAL CHAMPS Baby!!!!!

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 03:02 AM
WOOOOOOOOOHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

And don't hand me any of this USC garbage, WHO HAS THE TROPHY????

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 03:05 AM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

And don't hand me any of this USC garbage, WHO HAS THE TROPHY???? of course LSU has the trophy, but the humans that fed the info into the computer so it could pick a winner, say that USC is number 1.:tongue:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 03:08 AM
How did I know you would be the first one to respond???

Hey, even you can't take away my happiness right now. LSU IS NATIONAL CHAMPS. And there's nothing you can do about it.

dolfan06, I'll give you one chance to eat your crow and apologize to me with dignity. You SWORE Oklahoma was going to beat us. Remember? So what do you have to say now?

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 03:17 AM

Hey, even you can't take away my happiness right now. LSU IS NATIONAL CHAMPS. And there's nothing you can do about it.

dolfan06, I'll give you one chance to eat your crow and apologize to me with dignity. You SWORE Oklahoma was going to beat us. Remember? So what do you have to say now? i really did think OU would win and they almost did, as bad as white played. but michigan gave up 15 sacks all year and 9 to USC, there is no doubt in my mind about what USC woud do to LSU. and the coaches that vote on the final standings think so too!

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by dolfan06
i really did think OU would win and they almost did, as bad as white played. but michigan gave up 15 sacks all year and 9 to USC, there is no doubt in my mind about what USC woud do to LSU. and the coaches that vote on the final standings think so too! btw, do yourself a favor and move this to the college forum before a mod has to!:rolleyes:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 03:24 AM
First off, you didn't apologize. I'm giving you one more shot. You remember what we went through talking about this game. Eat your crow.

Second, we played badly tonight too. We should have dominated that game. It should have been 28-7 easily.

And there's no doubt in my mind what USC would do to LSU either. They would get sacked and harrassed just like every other qb LSU has victimized this year.
We would kill Michigan too. Obviously, LSU and USC are the two best teams in America. But count your blessings that pretty boy Leinart doesn't have to face the LSU defense.

And it's the AP poll that will probably have USC #1, not the coaches poll. LSU is #1 in that one because they WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, not USC.

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 03:31 AM
And it's the AP poll that will probably have USC #1, not the coaches poll. LSU is #1 in that one because they WON THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP, not USC. your gonna have to eat your share also, madison29 already posted the final poll in the college forum, which is exactly where this should be, but i guess some are lacking in reading skills!:rolleyes:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 03:38 AM
I love your selective reading. You choose to read what you want to read.

And it amazes me that you STILL CANNOT ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG.

How do you like your crow, fried or grilled????

LSU IS THE BEST

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 03:47 AM

LSU IS THE BEST USC lost to california during the season, in overtime yet. california beat VIRGINIA TECH in a bowl game, 52-49.
LSU lost to florida during the season and FU lost to IOWA in there bowl game 37-17. who in the heck is I-O-W-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phinzone
01-05-2004, 03:47 AM

LSU IS THE BEST

dude, either of you is "wrong". We'll never know. There is ALWAYS a dispute about the BCS. Until we change the system, it will always be that way. Enjoy your teams success, but take it for a grain of salt, the BCS is inherently flawed, and the winner is always in dispute.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 03:52 AM

LSU IS THE BEST

Let's see, LSU barely squeeked by an OU team that was obviously playing poorly while USC absolutely dominated a Michigan State team that was playing as well as anyone in the country going into the final months of the season. I believe that if you asked any objective observers they would say USC- with both an incredible offense and a dominating defense- would punk LSU like prison beeyatches.

Yes, LSU has the BS trophy which really amounts to absolutely nothing considering the AP poll WILL vote USC #1 and there have already been several coaches to come forward and say that if they had a choice, USC would remain their #1 as well. In other words, the true national champs reside in Los Angeles, are coached by Pete Carroll, and actually know how to dominate other teams.

LSU will forever be known as the team that won a share of the national championship by default. Stick that one in your pipe and suck on it for a bit pal; your team should be known as the "Paper Tigers."

Cranx
01-05-2004, 03:55 AM
USC lost to california during the season, in overtime yet. california beat VIRGINIA TECH in a bowl game, 52-49.
LSU lost to florida during the season and FU lost to IOWA in there bowl game 37-17. who in the heck is I-O-W-A!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You forgot to mention the fact that LSU barely beat Ole Miss and barely beat OU tonight. USC, on the other hand, has quite literally dominated every single team they've played since Cal winning by a margin of 20+ points.

USC is, and should be, the #1 team in teh country despite the outcome of that cheesy game that was played tonight.

dolfan06
01-05-2004, 04:02 AM
Originally posted by Cranx

You forgot to mention the fact that LSU barely beat Ole Miss and barely beat OU tonight. USC, on the other hand, has quite literally dominated every single team they've played since Cal winning by a margin of 20+ points.

USC is, and should be, the #1 team in teh country despite the outcome of that cheesy game that was played tonight. i was just trying to point out, its not how you start the season, its how you finish!. Kansas State exposed the sooners for what they were and they were playing poorly, while USC was kicking butt. the score they beat michigan by was not indicative of the way the game was played. USC dominated!;)

Samphin
01-05-2004, 04:23 AM
USC are the champs. LSU can be happy for their bowl win all they want but USC are the rightful owner's of the top peg. They were jobbed out of the national title game and everone knows it. They really should play one more game just to prove it though. USC in my mind and in the mind of everyone not rooting for LSU ( I don't root for USC, in fact, I am a Gator fan and CAL Bears fans so I was happy twice this season :D ) are national champs.

CirclingWagons
01-05-2004, 04:58 AM
I personally think USC is the best team in the nation, but mad props to LSU--they did what they had to do, so they deserve the split

Section126
01-05-2004, 09:04 AM
Who is LSU?

PhinsTD
01-05-2004, 09:36 AM
LSU only made the champnionship game because it was in Louisiana and it was a major money maker for the NCAA, New Orleans and the TV markets.

USC is a better team, most would say that. However, to try and say a team that really dominated that game last night (If White played woth a damn last night OU would have won though) is not a rightful owner of half of a championship game that was agreed upon by the coaches is a little trivial.

We all know who we think is number one, but you can't prove your point anymore than another. USC lost to an unranked Cal team and if they had taken care of their own business they wouldn't be here now. If they had beefed up their non-conference schedule a little more they wouldn't be here now.

USC has noone to blame but themselves, they're already in a poor position on the West Coast as far as national attention so they should have known it would take more to overcome their shortcomings than others.

USC is better though w/o a single doubt from 90% of viewers.

Wakey
01-05-2004, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG
LSU only made the champnionship game because it was in Louisiana and it was a major money maker for the NCAA, New Orleans and the TV markets.

Wow :lol:

When did Louisiana become a major TV market?

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 10:07 AM
C'mon peps...LSU would whoop the crap out of USC...no doubt!!!

LSU...National Champs!!!

Go Fins!!!

Cranx
01-05-2004, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by PhinsmissedFG

USC is a better team, most would say that. However, to try and say a team that really dominated that game last night (If White played woth a damn last night OU would have won though) is not a rightful owner of half of a championship game that was agreed upon by the coaches is a little trivial.

We all know who we think is number one, but you can't prove your point anymore than another. USC lost to an unranked Cal team and if they had taken care of their own business they wouldn't be here now. If they had beefed up their non-conference schedule a little more they wouldn't be here now.

USC has noone to blame but themselves, they're already in a poor position on the West Coast as far as national attention so they should have known it would take more to overcome their shortcomings than others.

USC is better though w/o a single doubt from 90% of viewers.

Beefed up their non-conference schedule? How exactly could they have done that considering when the preseason rolled around they had TWO non-conference top 10's in there. It's not USC's fault that both Auburn and Notre Dame turned out to be piles of crap therefore, they should not get punished for that. In fact, shouldn't they get rewarded for scheduling the tough games in the firsrt place? Think about that one for a minute.

Oh well, we all know USC would have made LSU look silly on a neutral field so this argument is moot anyway.

XoPhinsoX
01-05-2004, 01:07 PM

dolfan06, I'll give you one chance to eat your crow and apologize to me with dignity. You SWORE Oklahoma was going to beat us. Remember? So what do you have to say now?

I have something to say.

Who cares?

College ball is boring :(

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 01:45 PM
Cranx, and all you other usc whineys, I wasn't telling dolfan06 to eat his crow because of the LSU/usc deal. He PROMISED me and swore by everything he owned that OU was going to beat LSU.

...AND HE STILL HASN'T OWNED UP TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

Be a man and stop beating around the bush. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG DOLFAN!!!

...and you're nuts to say usc would blow out LSU. That's just stupid. Did you even see LSU's defense???

Section126
01-05-2004, 01:46 PM
LSU is sorry.

DolphinzD
01-05-2004, 01:48 PM
It's a split title, plain and simple, which happens all-too-often in college football. The only way it would be unjustified is if Oklahoma had won. Oklahoma didn't even belong in that game because they didn't even win their conference. But alas, the brilliant BCS has failed to account for winning the conference as a qualification in two of the last three years (remember when Nebraska didn't even win their DIVISION and got in??). Hopefully this is changed for next year.

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 01:59 PM
"LSU is sorry"

HAHA. Yeah, we're sorry that we don't have a chance to beat usc and prove once and for all that we are the best.

We just won the National Title, have a brand new trophy, and we're sorry? PLEASE.

PhinsTD
01-05-2004, 02:14 PM
You just won HALF the national title, let's not forget that.

You only have a trophy becuase the HALF that gave the title to you was the one with the big money deal.

Would you be saying the same about a freaking trophy if it were the other way around?

BTW, I take more stock in the AP poll anyway. The coaches can't even THINK about another team except for the one they're playing that week that they couldn't even tell you anything about how another team is playing. AP watches plenty of games and sees how teams actually PLAY on the field the whole season and not one game against a way overrated team in OU.

Gloat all you want, it will never make your half any more important than the other half of it. Chew on that for a minute.

It doesn't matter anyway, when Miami actually lets Kyle Wright play next year they'll win it all again. The only reason they lost to Tenn was Berlin and Berlin surely played a huge part in that VT loss as well.

LSU did not impress me much last night at all really. Both QB's sucked.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:17 PM
Cranx, and all you other usc whineys, I wasn't telling dolfan06 to eat his crow because of the LSU/usc deal. He PROMISED me and swore by everything he owned that OU was going to beat LSU.

...AND HE STILL HASN'T OWNED UP TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS WRONG.

Be a man and stop beating around the bush. ADMIT YOU WERE WRONG DOLFAN!!!

...and you're nuts to say usc would blow out LSU. That's just stupid. Did you even see LSU's defense???

I saw the rest of their team give up 3 (should have been 4) turnovers and I saw an offense that was...well...offensive. USC not only has some of the best skill position players in the country but they also have one of the best, if not thee best, offensive line in the country so I'd certainly put my money on those guys to slow down LSU's defense enough for Leinart to get most of his passes off on target.

USC also has what is probably the best defensive front four in the country (yes, LSU has the edge in overall defense but the "Wild Bunch II" is utterly amazing) and Pete Carroll has been masterful in his blitz scheming so I'd take USC's defense to harrass, beat up, and punk LSU's mediocre (and only mediocre when they're playing their best) offense all day long.

Unfortunately we'll never know but I, and most other people I know of who are neither USC nor LSU fans agree that USC would likely have the edge in this matchup. Again however, we'll never know so I suppose we should just keep arguing. :lol:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:17 PM
No, we just won the National Title because we won the system that PETE CARROL AND EVERY OTHER COACH AGREED TO. You live by the rules, you die by the rules. The BCS Championship Game winner is the NATIONAL CHAMPION.

USC needs to accept the fact that they can be the "newspaper champs" but in the NCAA history book, it will be LSU as CHAMPS!

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:20 PM
Cranx, you just admitted that LSU has the best defense, but usc's front four are better because in your mind they are "utterly amazing"???

Whatever. Spears, Lavalais, Williams and Hill is the best D-line in the country.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:24 PM
No, we just won the National Title because we won the system that PETE CARROL AND EVERY OTHER COACH AGREED TO. You live by the rules, you die by the rules. The BCS Championship Game winner is the NATIONAL CHAMPION.

USC needs to accept the fact that they can be the "newspaper champs" but in the NCAA history book, it will be LSU as CHAMPS!

Actually, the NCAA history books will, in fact, show a split national title since they place equal merit in both polls. LSU won the BS championship but that means absolutely nothing more than USC winning the AP championship in the grans scheme of things; you're blatantly wrong in this instance.

BTW, Pete Carroll has only been USC's coach for three years now while the BS system has been around for six so riddle me this one sport: how did Pete Carroll have anything to do with the BS one way or another? I suppose that since he did not explicitly agree to this system he and his team should not thus be bound by the BS system, and therefore should be the sole posessors of the national championship.

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:26 PM
His name is on that contract that coaches signed that states the BCS Title game winner is the National Champion.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:28 PM
Cranx, you just admitted that LSU has the best defense, but usc's front four are better because in your mind they are "utterly amazing"???

Whatever. Spears, Lavalais, Williams and Hill is the best D-line in the country.

What's your point?

BTW, why not look at a more objective source than either one of us like ESPN the Magazine? They recently did a whole piece on the "Wild Bunch II" and the jist of it was that this was, by far, the most talented front four in the country with all four likely first round NFL prospects. While LSU's front four are good, they simply cannot boast the kind of overall talent USC has up front as they have one incredible player in Lavalais and three guys who are just (and I use "just" as a relative term here) very good.

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:31 PM
Marcus Spears, and especially Marquis Hill are both as good or better than Osldfnepasld Xodfnoeapsdlrh or whatever his name is.

Hill will go top 15 in the draft.

CirclingWagons
01-05-2004, 02:32 PM
It's sad it had to come to a split, but it's the right call...Both LSU and USC are champs, and both deserve it.

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 02:35 PM
LSU D is nasty...they would mess up that USC QB...no doubt.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:35 PM
Marcus Spears, and especially Marquis Hill are both as good or better than Osldfnepasld Xodfnoeapsdlrh or whatever his name is.

That is your opinion. It is not, however, shared by the national media or myself but you're entitled to it nonetheless.
:poke:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Thanks, Circling, I can live with that. I'm just tired of all these West Coast people not giving LSU any respect at all.

We aknowledge that usc is good, but they say they would crush LSU which is nuts.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Sal Lisitano

Sure...and pigs might soon fly out of your butt. :shakeno:

CirclingWagons
01-05-2004, 02:37 PM
It would be a great game, very close...LSU would've of beat them this year, cause of the homefield advantage in the sugarbowl...

but I'd pick USC at a neutral site...just my .02

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 02:38 PM
Uhh, cranx, actually it is shared by the national media. Several pundits have said LSU has the best D-line.

You may argue about the D-line, but you CANNOT argue about best defense overall. LSU is the best, bar none. I don't care what you say.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 02:42 PM
Uhh, cranx, actually it is shared by the national media. Several pundits have said LSU has the best D-line.

You may argue about the D-line, but you CANNOT argue about best defense overall. LSU is the best, bar none. I don't care what you say.

Dude, reading comprehension skills would come in handy here; I already said LSU has/had the best overall defense. You're arguing with yourself on this one.

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 02:59 PM
LSU D would mess up that USC QB no doubt...yep, no doubt!!!

Cranx
01-05-2004, 03:03 PM
LSU D would mess up that USC QB no doubt...yep, no doubt!!!

Sorry to hear that you have pigs in your a**, maybe you should go get that checked out before they turn into full grown swine!

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 03:09 PM
Cranx...chill. Why are you so upset and need to get personal about me just stating my opinion...and yes...that LSU D would mess up the USC QB...NO DOUBT!!!

Cranx
01-05-2004, 03:20 PM
Cranx...chill. Why are you so upset and need to get personal about me just stating my opinion...and yes...that LSU D would mess up the USC QB...NO DOUBT!!!

It was an absurd joke dude, maybe you should heed your own advice and "chill." Seriously, if you get offended at that you might want to take a moment to put a sweater on becuase your skin certainly isn't thick enough to take some of the shots that pour out around here on a regular basis.

Again, it was a joke, joke, jooooooke; get it?

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 03:28 PM
Yes i know it was a joke...i did not get upset or offended one bit...it just looked like you were really getting pissed after reading some of your posts!!! And it should have been USC and LSU not OU...but that did not happen...anyway...i was just joooooking also about LSU wrecking the USC QB...it would be a great game though...but we will never know!!! I was never offended at all...I just felt that from reading your other posts...you came out sounding irritated...that's all.

Go Fins!!!

DeDolfan
01-05-2004, 05:39 PM

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!

And don't hand me any of this USC garbage, WHO HAS THE TROPHY????

That's cuz they didn't play the #1 team !!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

DolphinDevil28
01-05-2004, 05:44 PM
They ARE the #1 team.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 06:09 PM
They ARE the #1 team.

Only in one poll and only because that poll is contractually obligated to make them so. It's a foregone conclusion that, had the coaches been granted a choice, they would have named USC the #1 team in the nation.

iceblizzard69
01-05-2004, 07:40 PM
LSU earned a share of the national championship. It is a shame that there are 2 champions but they both earned it. LSU played well all season long and they received what they deserved, which is a share of the national title.

USC also played very well this season and they earned a split of it as well. However, if they wanted to be considered outright National Champions, they should have taken care of business and beaten Cal.

For those who don't think LSU deserves a split of the title, look at their schedule, which was a lot harder than USC's. LSU had to play teams like Ole Miss, Florida, Georgia, etc., who are all better than the soft teams USC gets to play in the Pac 10. Getting through SEC play with only one loss is very impressive.

jmarge33
01-05-2004, 07:57 PM
LSU #1
great game by both teams...sorry USC that you could not be there so the tigers could put a pounding on you!

LSU TIGERS...NATIONAL CHAMPIONS!!!!!

Samphin
01-05-2004, 10:08 PM
God won't this die already? I agree with someone else who said college football, in general, sucks anyway so it doesn't really matter.

Of course, if it did matter.... Cough (usc) Cough :lol:

DeDolfan
01-06-2004, 10:56 AM
They ARE the #1 team.

In your mind only, 28. In your mind only. There needs to be one more game that will never be played. There be controversy about it no matter how much you hoot. They are not the unanimous choice. The AP says USC and the Coaches and ESPN say LSU out of prior obligation and agreement, otherwise they would say USC also. Either way, they are just co-champs!

DolphinDevil28
01-06-2004, 03:38 PM
Yeah, my mind only. I'm the ONLY one in America that thinks LSU would beat USC. Please.

Like iceblizzard said, getting through the SEC with only one loss is way more impressive than playing in the Pac 10 and losing to Cal. LSU beat a top 5 team twice, and then beat Oklahoma. Yeah, USC is great, but LSU's defense is one of the best ever in college football.

USC should be the ones to consider themselves lucky to share a Championship due to their soft schedule and lack of a conference championship game.

Cranx
01-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Yeah, my mind only. I'm the ONLY one in America that thinks LSU would beat USC. Please.

Like iceblizzard said, getting through the SEC with only one loss is way more impressive than playing in the Pac 10 and losing to Cal. LSU beat a top 5 team twice, and then beat Oklahoma. Yeah, USC is great, but LSU's defense is one of the best ever in college football.

USC should be the ones to consider themselves lucky to share a Championship due to their soft schedule and lack of a conference championship game.

Dude, you still don't get it do you. USC has been at the top of the polls for two years now! They've been this good for a long time now and it looks like they're only going to get better next year with guys like Leinart, Mike Williams, Lendell White, etc. all having yet another year under their belts; this team will be frightening!

The only team that got "lucky" in this whole mess is OU since they should never have been in that game in the first place. USC was the overwhelming number one team in the country before the bowl games and would have remained so afterwards had there not been a contractual obligation for the Coaches Poll to vote with the BS. Deal with it.

BTW, if you would have looked at USC's schedule in the preseason anyone would have said that they had one of the toughest- if not thee toughest- schedule in the nation; it's not their fault teams like Auburn and Notre Dame turned into total pieces of crap. USC did what it had to do and therefore should be the national champions period.

.............I wonder how long this thread is going to get with the continued circular arguments.... :lol:

DolphinDevil28
01-06-2004, 03:52 PM
Allright, don't start throwing this "you don't get it" garbage around. We all have valid points to prove our arguments. I agree OU did get lucky. You shouldn't even sniff the National Championship if you don't win your conference.

And have you seen the awesome recruiting LSU has been doing? We will be very good for a while too.

You're right. the coaches poll is obligated to vote for the BCS National Champ. Including Carrol. He agreed to it. Accept that!

LSU did what it had to do, and therefor should be National Champs. I don't mind sharing with USC, but you Cali fans need to give the Tigers respect! LSU has the trophy, and usc should be the ones thankful for a split!

Cranx
01-06-2004, 03:57 PM
Allright, don't start throwing this "you don't get it" garbage around. We all have valid points to prove our arguments. I agree OU did get lucky. You shouldn't even sniff the National Championship if you don't win your conference.

And have you seen the awesome recruiting LSU has been doing? We will be very good for a while too.

You're right. the coaches poll is obligated to vote for the BCS National Champ. Including Carrol. He agreed to it. Accept that!

LSU did what it had to do, and therefor should be National Champs. I don't mind sharing with USC, but you Cali fans need to give the Tigers respect! LSU has the trophy, and usc should be the ones thankful for a split!

Dude, I've been giving them mad props for their defense, I just happen to believe that, as a whole, USC is better...sue me. :)

One thing you should stop saying however is that Carroll agreed to this system, he didn't. His name is not on the contract and he does not even vote in the Coaches Poll so I'm quite certain that he has no loyalty or obligation to the system.

In the interest of ending this thing however here's a big YAAAAAAAY LSU! You won the Crystal Football, the Sugar Bowl, and the contractual end of the National Championship!
:goof:

DolphinDevil28
01-06-2004, 04:07 PM
Allright. We split. Hooray. End of story. The TWO best teams in America. Case closed.

SMadison29
01-07-2004, 02:34 AM

Hill may not go round one. If Kenechi Udeze declares he'll go round one because he's the 2nd best DE prospect in the country. That's not a bias opinion, that's fact.

dolfan06
01-07-2004, 07:12 AM
Allright. We split. Hooray. End of story. The TWO best teams in America. Case closed. i think i'd rather have a bunch of coaches vote me the best in football than some fool machine!:tongue:

DolphinDevil28
01-07-2004, 03:02 PM
I said end of story dolfan06.

Besides, you STILL NEVER ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT THE LSU/OU GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your loss like a man and fess up! Come on you yellow belly!

dolfan06
01-07-2004, 09:42 PM
I said end of story dolfan06.

Besides, you STILL NEVER ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT THE LSU/OU GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Take your loss like a man and fess up! Come on you yellow belly! its not the end of story, the story goes how the tigers are champs on paper but USC got the real votes from the coaches that know football!:tongue:

DolphinDevil28
01-08-2004, 01:11 PM
Ok, let's just say for one moment hypothetically that your little pipe dream of LSU being paper champs is real.

Now, that has NOTHING to do with the fact that you STILL HAVE NOT ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT THE LSU/OU GAME!!!!!

Eat your crow! What is so hard about that? Just admit you were wrong and I'll stop bothering you about it! Come on chicken!!!

DolphinDevil28
01-08-2004, 07:33 PM
"BAWK Bawk bawk....Bawk!"

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

dolfan06
01-08-2004, 10:11 PM
Ok, let's just say for one moment hypothetically that your little pipe dream of LSU being paper champs is real.

Now, that has NOTHING to do with the fact that you STILL HAVE NOT ADMITTED YOU WERE WRONG ABOUT THE LSU/OU GAME!!!!!

Eat your crow! What is so hard about that? Just admit you were wrong and I'll stop bothering you about it! Come on chicken!!! i'll admit it, just as soon as you admit USC is better!:tongue:

dolfan06
01-09-2004, 12:06 AM
"college football coaches are expected to ask the NCAA for permission to adjust the selection process for the BCS, hoping to avoid a repeat of the embarrassment created by a split national championship."

you see, even the coaches are saying it was a mistake, a snafu if you will, by picking LSU!:tongue:

DolphinDevil28
01-09-2004, 11:02 AM
DUMMY, It was a FACT that LSU beat OU!!!! It's speculation about who's better between LSU and USC!!!

BAWK BAWK BAWK!!!

DolphinDevil28
01-09-2004, 02:19 PM

dolfan06
01-09-2004, 09:27 PM
DUMMY, It was a FACT that LSU beat OU!!!! It's speculation about who's better between LSU and USC!!!

BAWK BAWK BAWK!!! exactly, the coaches admitted a snafu occurred!:D

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 03:29 AM
Your'e unreal. I have to come to the conclusion that I'm arguing with an old senile fart and leave it alone.

Trying to argue facts with old stubborn people like you is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

BTW...For the people reading this post that are confused, Dodo 06 swore on his grave a month and a half ago that OU was going to beat LSU. He said he was convinced because of "what he read from the media." I kid you not. He promised it wouldn't even be close and LSU would get whooped. Well folks, when it's time to pay the piper and eat your crow, we find out he's sacless. He cannot admit he was wrong. This has nothing to do with USC. He just refuses to admit he was wrong.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 11:52 AM
Your'e unreal. I have to come to the conclusion that I'm arguing with an old senile fart and leave it alone.

Trying to argue facts with old stubborn people like you is like trying to nail jello to a tree.

BTW...For the people reading this post that are confused, Dodo 06 swore on his grave a month and a half ago that OU was going to beat LSU. He said he was convinced because of "what he read from the media." I kid you not. He promised it wouldn't even be close and LSU would get whooped. Well folks, when it's time to pay the piper and eat your crow, we find out he's sacless. He cannot admit he was wrong. This has nothing to do with USC. He just refuses to admit he was wrong. kinda puffing your feathers out a little aren't ya? i never SWORE anything. i said i thought that OU would win. i also thought the dolphins would be in the playoffs, as did many others. i also think USC would make LSU look silly. get your facts straight before you type little one.:yell:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 01:33 PM
Do you really want me to go back and put up the post you wrote about how you said OU was going to win just because of what you saw in the media???

Just admit you were wrong already!

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 01:38 PM
Do you really want me to go back and put up the post you wrote about how you said OU was going to win just because of what you saw in the media???

Just admit you were wrong already! thats the key right there, BECAUSE OF WHAT I SAW ON PAPER! there is no wrong about it!

get a clue, and thanks for playing. you might score some points next time!:lol:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 01:43 PM
Does anyone else here see what I'm talking about? How this guy twists and spins things around to avoid the subject?

You predicted that OU would win because of what you saw on paper. You did not see LSU play before the Sugar Bowl. So you were ignorant about the whole situation to begin with. And now you won't admit you were wrong. It's as simple as that.

Chicken.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 01:47 PM
Does anyone else here see what I'm talking about? How this guy twists and spins things around to avoid the subject?

You predicted that OU would win because of what you saw on paper. You did not see LSU play before the Sugar Bowl. So you were ignorant about the whole situation to begin with. And now you won't admit you were wrong. It's as simple as that.

Chicken. why don't you read what you're shovelin boy. i read that OU would win and went by the stats that were in the media, not my own evaluation. now how does that make me wrong?:yell:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 01:50 PM
uhhh, because you made a blind prediction and now you won't admit it was wrong.

LOL, you're getting angry!

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 01:53 PM

LOL, you're getting angry! when i get angry, it won't be a guess. you'll know it!:tongue:

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 01:55 PM

LOL, you're getting angry! can't you read what you wrote here. i made a blind prediction, used somebody else'
s stats, yet i'm wrong. which is it bozo, i'd really like to know!:rolleyes:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 01:56 PM
Dude, this is tired. I'm tired of this. I really hate arguing with fellow Fin fans.

You think USC is the best, I think LSU is the best, and there are many people who agree with both sides. This is really going no where and we could go on for days.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 02:00 PM
Dude, this is tired. I'm tired of this. I really hate arguing with fellow Fin fans.

You think USC is the best, I think LSU is the best, and there are many people who agree with both sides. This is really going no where and we could go on for days. its about time you read the writing on the wall. you change your position more than a leopard has spots!:rolleyes:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 02:04 PM
Wow. Just....Wow.

You might just be the biggest hypocrit I've ever encountered. I'm not changing my position of LSU would whoop usc. I'm saying this argument is going no where and you are so hard headed that trying to get you to admit you were wrong like you were is impossible.

The writing on the wall is that I'm posting here things that YOU said and you turn around and twist stuff so that you avoid the subject that you were wrong.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 02:09 PM
Wow. Just....Wow.

You might just be the biggest hypocrit I've ever encountered. I'm not changing my position of LSU would whoop usc. I'm saying this argument is going no where and you are so hard headed that trying to get you to admit you were wrong like you were is impossible.

The writing on the wall is that I'm posting here things that YOU said and you turn around and twist stuff so that you avoid the subject that you were wrong. you need that wow quote tattooed on your forehead so you won't be suprised so often!
you still have yet to explain HOW i was wrong if i went by the stats of so many people!:rolleyes:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 02:11 PM
Because if you don't have your own facts and you didn't see the team play for yourself, you shouldn't make predictions and think you know more than others about the situation.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 02:15 PM
Because if you don't have your own facts and you didn't see the team play for yourself, you shouldn't make predictions and think you know more than others about the situation. thats not what you were asking, the question i have is WHY?:goof:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 02:18 PM
All I was asking was for you to admit you were wront about your prediction of the LSU/OU game. That's it. Nothing to do with usc.

You just can't do it. You just can't admit LSU is awesome and give them any respect.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 02:19 PM
All I was asking was for you to admit you were wront about your prediction of the LSU/OU game. That's it. Nothing to do with usc.

You just can't do it. You just can't admit LSU is awesome and give them any respect. if your asking me to say LSU is awesome compared to USC, they'll have ice cream parlors in hell first!:tongue:

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 02:21 PM
Case in point of you twisting things around and only reading what you want to read.

DID YOU READ THE PART OF "NOTHING TO DO WITH USC"????

Do you see what I am saying here? Just say you were wrong about the LSU/OU game.

DolphinDevil28
01-10-2004, 02:27 PM
...Still waiting.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 05:11 PM
Case in point of you twisting things around and only reading what you want to read.

DID YOU READ THE PART OF "NOTHING TO DO WITH USC"????

Do you see what I am saying here? Just say you were wrong about the LSU/OU game. ok i was wrong about that, but that doesn't make LSU any more of a champ, chump maybe.
everybody talks about the strength of schedule. USU lost in triple overtime to a team that beat virginia tech in a bowl game. LSU lost to a team that got creamed by a team that wasn't even in the top 20. IOWA, who the hell is iowa!

iceblizzard69
01-10-2004, 06:50 PM
ok i was wrong about that, but that doesn't make LSU any more of a champ, chump maybe.
everybody talks about the strength of schedule. USU lost in triple overtime to a team that beat virginia tech in a bowl game. LSU lost to a team that got creamed by a team that wasn't even in the top 20. IOWA, who the hell is iowa!

Iowa was ranked 17th in the country and their coach, Kirk Ferentz, has been mentioned for many head coaching jobs in the NFL.

Florida is clearly a better team than Cal. There isn't even a comparision. It doesn't matter what happened to those teams in their Bowl games, Iowa is a better team than the on and off Virginia Tech. The Hokies can be great one week and than awful the next week.

LSU played a tougher schedule than USC. LSU has to play teams in the SEC, where the fans at away games are a million times louder and the teams are stronger. LSU had to play very good teams like Georgia (who lost 3 games, and 2 of them were to LSU), Ole Miss, Florida, etc. USC plays in a weaker conference.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

LSU played a tougher schedule than USC. oh yeah, a tougher schedule. like when LSU played monroe, 1-11. USC never had that privilege.:rolleyes:

Wakey
01-10-2004, 09:05 PM
A different perspective.. :D

iceblizzard69
01-10-2004, 09:59 PM
oh yeah, a tougher schedule. like when LSU played monroe, 1-11. USC never had that privilege.:rolleyes:

Both teams played a few bad teams. However, USC never played a team as good as Georgia during the regular season. Overall, I think LSU played a tougher schedule.

dolfan06
01-11-2004, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Both teams played a few bad teams. However, USC never played a team as good as Georgia during the regular season. Overall, I think LSU played a tougher schedule. i'd say michigan was pretty tough, also the team ya'll laughed at, oregon state scored 28 against USC, but they scored 52 on new mexico. besides let me remind you again, cal won its bowl game and florida did not. and if you want to say forget bowl games, thats one of the things wrong with the BCS!:yell: