PDA

View Full Version : Starbucks Rant < Is This "The Kid From Brooklyn" or Really From Wheeling???

Vaark
05-19-2011, 09:32 AM
warning: not for anyone with, or near virgin ears.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cn2QcpyYjew&feature=player_embedded

WeVie
05-19-2011, 09:46 AM
Man I hate Starbucks. It's too damn expensive for a cup of coffee. He talks like everyone that lives around me now. All my neighbors are from New York.

Tunaphish429
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM
I love Starbucks.... Honestly if your just drinking coffee its the same price as dunkin donuts..

The other stuff gets prett expensive..

I love espresso I usually just get 2 shots of that....Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte's are wicked good too..Extra ice

WeVie
05-19-2011, 10:04 AM
I don't drink coffee so I guess that is another reason. I have tried Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts cappuccino and I didn't like neither of them.

Vaark
05-19-2011, 11:26 AM
Man I hate Starbucks. It's too damn expensive for a cup of coffee. He talks like everyone that lives around me now. All my neighbors are from New York.

you must live in or close to Cary, eh?

SpurzN703
05-19-2011, 11:39 AM
Don't like it, don't go there.

Arsenal WV
05-19-2011, 11:53 AM
I love Starbucks.... Honestly if your just drinking coffee its the same price as dunkin donuts..

The other stuff gets prett expensive..

I love espresso I usually just get 2 shots of that....Iced Skinny Vanilla Latte's are wicked good too..Extra ice

Your man card...turn it in...now...

Tunaphish429
05-19-2011, 12:12 PM
Your man card...turn it in...now...

Haha, yea I understand where your coming from....But food and drink wise if it tastes good do it..

If it tastes good and it aint that bad for ya do it as well.

Bumpus
05-19-2011, 12:26 PM
:(

Me only see blue box.

Edit: And yes, Tuna's a girl.

Vaark
05-19-2011, 12:31 PM
Okay, I'll take the unpopular argument here since I go to StarbuCKS frequently:

First: they are not selling beverages so much as a place to hang out without being hassled for whatever reason. Before they became popular there were few places you could either leisurely sit, read the paper, a book, do your work using a free connection, have a job interview, close a real estate deal, conduct a meet and greet first date, have a study group, have a company or shared interest meeting (e.g. Wedn nite Atheists get together at mine.. bunch of ugly fvuckers) etc. And I've seen all that and more. You are paying for the experience and so long as in this economy their price structure doesn't exceed a critical pricing point where they lose more customers than intended, people are willing to pay a premium for a coffee, latte, frappacino, tea or whatever to access that experience.

Personally, often on the weekends I bring the laptop and set up my work for the week. Sometimes I actually do my work there. Either way, the chances are good I'll have some terrific eye candy for diversion since the one I go to is near a gym. Accessing the net for free thru AT&T (wasn't always that way) also thru Starbucks home page enables you to read the complete Wall Street JOurnal and USA Today, among other publications if you're so disposed. I have a starbucks card which I refill when it gets low, and since I mostly drink regular coffee or decaf (and the decaf is better than most anywhere else), if I use the sbux card for the first drink, then the refill is free.. thus a $1.60 small drink becomes .80 for each if I stick around for a 2nd one.

Bottom-line: it's a good, reasonably priced way to kill some time, read a book (if you're gonna anyway), see some hot women- some scantily clad (espec if you like latin women down here), read the paper, do some work, sociologically listen in and observe body languages on 1st dates (one woman about 6mos ago noticed me watching, left and came back to give me her number), job interviews, etc. It's cheap and varied diversion. Ain't nothing wrong with Starbucks.

Tunaphish429
05-19-2011, 12:48 PM
Okay, I'll take the unpopular argument here since I go to StarbuCKS frequently:

First: they are not selling beverages so much as a place to hang out without being hassled for whatever reason. Before they became popular there were few places you could either leisurely sit, read the paper, a book, do your work using a free connection, have a job interview, close a real estate deal, conduct a meet and greet first date, etc. And I've seen all that and more. You are paying for the experience and so long as in this economy their price structure doesn't exceed a critical pricing point where they lose more customers than intended, people are willing to pay a premium for a coffee, latte, frappacino, tea or whatever to access that experience.

Personally, often on the weekends I bring the laptop and set up my work for the week. Sometimes I actually do my work there. Either way, the chances are good I'll have some terrific eye candy for diversion since the one I go to is near a gym. Accessing the net for free thru AT&T (wasn't always that way) also thru Starbucks home page enables you to read the complete Wall Street JOurnal and USA Today, among other publications if you're so disposed. I have a starbucks card which I refill when it gets low, and since I mostly drink regular coffee or decaf (and the decaf is better than most anywhere else), if I use the sbux card for the first drink, then the refill is free.. thus a $1.60 small drink becomes .80 for each if I stick around for a 2nd one.

Bottom-line: it's a good, reasonably priced way to kill some time, read a book (if you're gonna anyway), see some hot women- some scantily clad (espec if you like latin women down here), read the paper, do some work, sociologically listen in and observe body languages on 1st dates (one woman about 6mos ago noticed me watching, left and came back to give me her number), job interviews, etc. It's cheap and varied diversion. Ain't nothing wrong with Starbucks.

We are soulmates!!! Lol

Yea I dont go there very often..but maybe 2 times a month..It does add up price wise...So I splurge once in while..

Also I am Italian so good coffee is in my blood..

EDIT..

Lots of hot chicks go to Starbucks too very trendy..So its acutually not a bad place to meet women.