PDA

View Full Version : Comedy Central Dolphin's Fan slams Nick Saban

Roman529
05-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Have any of you watched this show???? :lol:

Wed May 18 02:10pm EDT
Daniel Tosh’s ongoing Saban hate draws the ire of Alabama fans (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday/post/Daniel-Tosh-s-ongoing-Saban-hate-draws-the-ire-o?urn=ncaaf-wp1683)

By Graham Watson (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/blog/dr_saturday?author=Graham+Watson)

Daniel Tosh, host of Comedy Central Tosh.0, often goes out of his way to take shots at Alabama (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/teams/aad/) coach Nick Saban. It's a running joke on the show thanks to two Alabama grads (and diehard Crimson Tide football supporters) on the writing staff and Tosh's love of the Miami Dolphins (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/mia/), the team Saban quit after two years to become head coach at Alabama.
Once, Tosh took a sword to the head of a Saban Fathead. He's also proclaimed his hatred for Saban (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzrMWse2tao&feature=related) many times on the show.
Well, on Tuesday, Tosh might have let his vitriol toward Saban get the best of him. While asking viewers to donate money toward Alabama's tornado relief, Tosh said: "Apparently God hates Nick Saban more than I do," while showing a picture of a destroyed house in the background. He also made several other comments about Alabamans, which, again, are a part of the mean-spirited shtick of the show.

Tosh.0 (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips/raising-alabama)
Tags: Tosh.0 Videos (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/video-clips),Daniel Tosh (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/),Web Redemption (http://tosh.comedycentral.com/segments/web-redemption/)

Locke
05-19-2011, 12:44 PM
Mean-spirited shtick? The guy is a goddamn comedian, of course he rips on things. Get the sand out of your vag and take a midol you big baby...

Vaark
05-19-2011, 12:44 PM
As someone who hates little nicky as much as anyone, I'd say he's gone way too far as I'd not even wish that kind of tragic catastrophe to befall him - hmm, well at least his children.

fatkirstyalley
05-19-2011, 12:47 PM
I hate Nick Saban

KingNick88
05-19-2011, 12:52 PM
He's a comedian!!!

Roman529
05-19-2011, 12:52 PM
I haven't seen the show yet, but it is nice hearing we have some Phin fans out their expressing their thoughts on Saban. I will never forgive that liar. He and Speilman set us back five years.

dolpns13
05-19-2011, 12:57 PM
I haven't seen the show yet, but it is nice hearing we have some Phin fans out their expressing their thoughts on Saban. I will never forgive that liar. He and Speilman set us back five years.

its hilarious. I cry half the time when I watch it. Its funny - he bashes Saban, Rothlesburger (wearing a jersey named rapelisburger on the back), and said how much everyone in the world hates the Jets. I love the fact that we have a fan with a TV show as successful as his because in any given show, he will bash anything that finfans hate. Its hilarious

JC
05-19-2011, 01:19 PM
And he is a UCF Alum. Represent!!

BobDole
05-19-2011, 01:29 PM
fantastic show. people to unwad their panties and watch him brutalize everything and everyone. my little brothers and i cried the first time we saw this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqO_KDbt9Q

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I'm not fan of this Tosh guy at all, or Comedy Central in general (my son is... but he's a teenager)..

But he's a comedian... he hates Nick Saban and rips on him constantly, which is perfectly fine...even funny. (Not that Nick Saban even knows who this pencil neck twerp is anyway).

He has two writers for his show that are University of Alabama alumni, which is why he's constantly harping on Saban and Bama in general... it's part of what makes sports great. Believe me, if you're a true SEC fan, or even alumni, there's nothing you enjoy more than banter back and forth.. ripping on each other, and it doesn't get any worse than some of the things SEC foes say to one another... You'd have to live it to understand. It gets downright nasty...

This is blown completely out of proportion.... this Tosh guy cracked a joke, big deal. But don't lose sight of what the real goal was here, which was to raise money for the good people of Alabama, many of which who literally lost every single thing they have... businesses, homes, vehicles... everything completely taken away in a matter of minutes. In some instances even family members taken from them. Children...

Of course there's going to be a few people who were rubbed the wrong way by his joke, but I guarantee you Tosh, the writers on his staff that are from Alabama, and everyone involved understand the magnitude of what took place all across the state of Alabama on April 27th... and they're doing a good thing here.

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 02:19 PM
If you are offended by what he said, you are either a Crimson Tide fan, or you live in Alabama.

ROADRUNNER
05-19-2011, 02:23 PM
Great cant see it because i live in Scotland.............:(

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 02:37 PM
If you are offended by what he said, you are either a Crimson Tide fan, or you live in Alabama.

Let's at least try to show a little decorum here for a natural disaster where many people lost lives, shall we?

If you have that myopic of a view of a situation like this, you are either a Dolphins fan, still have the jilted girlfriend syndrome, or live outside the state of Alabama.

Surely there are people offended by it... although I'm not... and I searched through rubble for 2 days in Cullman, Alabama looking for people that were potentially trapped.

If you had just buried your son or daughter 3 weeks ago because they were killed in this tornado, you'd probably be reasonably offended. Just hope it doesn't happen in your neck of the woods next...

What happened across the state of Alabama on April 27th has nothing at all to do with Nick Saban, the Miami Dolphins, or the University of Alabama...which is the point.

You should certainly be able to see why someone who's just lost everything they have because of a tornado would find this numbskull's joke, and subsequent connection of it to Nick Saban rather tasteless and inappropriate..

AphexPhin
05-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Tosh is the man.

NY8123
05-19-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not fan of this Tosh guy at all, or Comedy Central in general (my son is... but he's a teenager)..

But he's a comedian... he hates Nick Saban and rips on him constantly, which is perfectly fine...even funny. (Not that Nick Saban even knows who this pencil neck twerp is anyway).

He has two writers for his show that are University of Alabama alumni, which is why he's constantly harping on Saban and Bama in general... it's part of what makes sports great. Believe me, if you're a true SEC fan, or even alumni, there's nothing you enjoy more than banter back and forth.. ripping on each other, and it doesn't get any worse than some of the things SEC foes say to one another... You'd have to live it to understand. It gets downright nasty...

This is blown completely out of proportion.... this Tosh guy cracked a joke, big deal. But don't lose sight of what the real goal was here, which was to raise money for the good people of Alabama, many of which who literally lost every single thing they have... businesses, homes, vehicles... everything completely taken away in a matter of minutes. In some instances even family members taken from them. Children...

Of course there's going to be a few people who were rubbed the wrong way by his joke, but I guarantee you Tosh, the writers on his staff that are from Alabama, and everyone involved understand the magnitude of what took place all across the state of Alabama on April 27th... and they're doing a good thing here.

Thank you Slimm. To often the true meaning of the situation and its intent is lost in translation due to this oversensitive politically correct everyone has feelings lets not hurt them we need to protect them society.

Humor (however tasteless sometimes) helps with the healing process. If but for a brief minute it takes your mind off the severity of the situation and lets you think about something else. I don't much care for Saban or Bama either but the humanity in me doesn't once wish for wanton destruction because of some silly game.

If Tosh raised money to help in relief of the victims then good for him. Half the people that were offended probably didn't donate a nickel to help yet they would criticize a comment that helped raised money.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 03:45 PM
Thank you Slimm. To often the true meaning of the situation and its intent is lost in translation due to this oversensitive politically correct everyone has feelings lets not hurt them we need to protect them society.

Humor (however tasteless sometimes) helps with the healing process. If but for a brief minute it takes your mind off the severity of the situation and lets you think about something else. I don't much care for Saban or Bama either but the humanity in me doesn't once wish for wanton destruction because of some silly game.

If Tosh raised money to help in relief of the victims then good for him. Half the people that were offended probably didn't donate a nickel to help yet they would criticize a comment that helped raised money.

Absolutely... Listen, there's clearly two different elements at work here that everyone has to consider. There's the sports element (which was the angle of Tosh's joke), and the human element.

You have to seperate the sports element from the human element, where a disaster of epic proportions took place.

Tosh's job is to make jokes, and attaching the sports element to a disaster in the human element in order to make it funny and help people cope was his objective, but also to encourage people to donate and help the victims.

Hell, Javier Arenas lost his home in the Tuscaloosa tornado, and very nearly lost his life. He was hiding in his bathtub when the tornado hit, he was lucky he survived. He's thanking the manufacturer of his bathtub in order to incorporate a sense of humor and help people cope...

On the other hand, Shannon Brown, who's a former Alabama player, and currently coaching high school football in a small town in Elkmont, Alabama wasn't so lucky.

He had a daughter that was going to school at Bama and was in her apartment in Tuscaloosa when the tornado hit, he was talking to her on the phone when it hit her building. He immediately drove 2 1/2 hours down to Tuscaloosa to her apartment building which was nothing but rubble when he got there. He found his daughter in the rubble... dead.

I promise you he won't find the humor in this joke...

If you weren't affected by this in any way, or are a Tosh fan, hate Nick Saban, hate Alabama, or are a Dolphins fan... it's fairly simple to find the humor in it.

But many who classify as none of the above, won't.

The bottom line here is that in reality, while the joke was more tasteless and inappropriate than it will ever be helpful to the victims of these storms, the point of it was to aid in the human element. To encourage people to assist in the humanitarian crisis.

Not everyone has to like Nick Saban...

However, for Daniel Tosh's sake, I wouldn't let my feet touch pavement in the state of Alabama anytime soon, regardless of his intent. That's probably pretty sound advice..

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 03:46 PM
Let's at least try to show a little decorum here for a natural disaster where many people lost lives, shall we?

If you have that myopic of a view of a situation like this, you are either a Dolphins fan, still have the jilted girlfriend syndrome, or live outside the state of Alabama.

Surely there are people offended by it... although I'm not... and I searched through rubble for 2 days in Cullman, Alabama looking for people that were potentially trapped.

If you had just buried your son or daughter 3 weeks ago because they were killed in this tornado, you'd probably be reasonably offended. Just hope it doesn't happen in your neck of the woods next...

What happened across the state of Alabama on April 27th has nothing at all to do with Nick Saban, the Miami Dolphins, or the University of Alabama...which is the point.

You should certainly be able to see why someone who's just lost everything they have because of a tornado would find this numbskull's joke, and subsequent connection of it to Nick Saban rather tasteless and inappropriate..No doubt that what happened in Alabama was terrible and a very sad situation. Still though, Tosh wasn't really acting happy that the tornado destroyed parts of Alabama he was mostly using the situation to take a shot at Saban. He even ended the show with how you can send money to help the victims. It was not tasteless or mean really at all. As I said already, if you were offended, you are probably a Crimson Tide fan or from Alabama. The joke part was more about Saban and the people of Alabama(he made fun of them before the tornado even happened). If he was laughing and happy that the tornado killed people, than yes it would be offensive.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 03:54 PM
No doubt that what happened in Alabama was terrible and a very sad situation. Still though, Tosh wasn't really acting happy that the tornado destroyed parts of Alabama he was mostly using the situation to take a shot at Saban. He even ended the show with how you can send money to help the victims. It was not tasteless or mean really at all. As I said already, if you were offended, you are probably a Crimson Tide fan or from Alabama. The joke part was more about Saban and the people of Alabama(he made fun of them before the tornado even happened). If he was laughing and happy that the tornado killed people, than yes it would be offensive.

I realize what his intent was, which is why I don't think he should be fired for it or any knee jerk reaction..

However, your comment about the only people who were offended by this were either Crimson Tide fans or live in the state of Alabama, was extremely off base, Nublar.

If you were offended by his joke, it's likely because you lost a son or daughter in a house that looked exactly like the one on Tosh's show. Not because you're Crimson Tide fan or because you live in the state of Alabama..

NY8123
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Absolutely... Listen, there's clearly two different elements at work here that everyone has to consider. There's the sports element (which was the angle of Tosh's joke), and the human element.

You have to seperate the sports element from the human element, where a disaster of epic proportions took place.

Tosh's job is to make jokes, and attaching the sports element to a disaster in the human element in order to make it funny and help people cope was his objective, but also to encourage people to donate and help the victims.

Hell, Javier Arenas lost his home in the Tuscaloosa tornado, and very nearly lost his life. He was hiding in his bathtub when the tornado hit, he was lucky he survived. He's thanking the manufacturer of his bathtub in order to incorporate a sense of humor and help people cope...

On the other hand, Shannon Brown, who's a former Alabama player, and currently coaching high school football in a small town in Elkmont, Alabama wasn't so lucky.

He had a daughter that was going to school at Bama and was in her apartment in Tuscaloosa when the tornado hit, he was talking to her on the phone when it hit her building. He immediately drove 2 1/2 hours down to Tuscaloosa to her apartment building which was nothing but rubble when he got there. He found his daughter in the rubble... dead.

I promise you he won't find the humor in this joke...

If you weren't affected by this in any way, or are a Tosh fan, hate Nick Saban, hate Alabama, or are a Dolphins fan... it's fairly simple to find the humor in it.

But many who classify as none of the above, won't.

The bottom line here is that in reality, while the joke was more tasteless and inappropriate than it will ever be helpful to the victims of these storms, the point of it was to aid in the human element. To encourage people to assist in the humanitarian crisis.

Not everyone has to like Nick Saban...

However, for Daniel Tosh's sake, I wouldn't let my feet touch pavement in the state of Alabama anytime soon, regardless of his intent. That's probably pretty sound advice..

Yeah kinda like I don't find humor in dead baby jokes considering my little sister died at 3 months old but I don't blame the comedian who tells them I just choose not to laugh, humor helps and anyone who has ever lost anyone dear to them and usually lightens the air by reminding us of our human side and that life goes on for the rest of us. Humor isn't a cure all but it helps however slight it might be on an individual basis.

It isn't the first tornado joke made by a comedian and it won't be the last. I do however agree Tosh might not want to hit up Alabama anytime in the near future, for his personal health anyway.

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 04:04 PM
I realize what his intent was, which is why I don't think he should be fired for it or any knee jerk reaction..

However, your comment about the only people who were offended by this were either Crimson Tide fans or live in the state of Alabama, was extremely off base, Nublar.

If you were offended by his joke, it's likely because you lost a son or daughter in a house that looked exactly like the one on Tosh's show. Not because you're Crimson Tide fan or because you live in the state of Alabama..

The joke was about Saban and the stereotypical people in Alabama, not really the tornado. People who lost loved ones should not be offended because he wasn't really making fun of that day the tornado struck. I understand you are trying to twist my words so you can make me look like some big evil meanie, but it isn't going to work. My comment had nothing to do about the tornado and all to do about the Crimson Tide(mostly Saban) and the stereotypical Alabama citizen. The tornado was horrible and a very sad day.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 04:18 PM
The joke was about Saban and the stereotypical people in Alabama, not really the tornado. People who lost loved ones should not be offended because he wasn't really making fun of that day the tornado struck. I understand you are trying to twist my words so you can make me look like some big evil meanie, but it isn't going to work. My comment had nothing to do about the tornado and all to do about the Crimson Tide(mostly Saban) and the stereotypical Alabama citizen. The tornado was horrible and a very sad day.

I'm not twisting your words, I'm telling you exactly what you said... word for word. It's right there in black and white... and it was extremely off base. You know it and I know it. There's really no point in even attempting to defend that post Nublar... I just think you hit "reply" faster than you needed to. It happens...

Tosh's joke about "apparently God hates Alabama more than I do" while showing the destruction left by the tornado, was indeed about the tornado.

Nobody in Alabama cares about this kid's Alabama jokes or his Nick Saban rants. Every region of the country is stereotyped and made light of by comedians...

But anytime you crack a joke that pertains directly to a disaster in which people died, you might as well be prepared to get some flack, or perhaps lose your job.

Similar to how the comedian who does the AFLAC duck voice cracked a joke about the disaster in Japan, and AFLAC fired him.... It can happen.

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 04:27 PM
I'm not twisting your words, I'm telling you exactly what you said... word for word. It's right there in black and white... and it was extremely off base. You know it and I know it. There's really no point in even attempting to defend that post Nublar... I just think you hit "reply" faster than you needed to. It happens...

Tosh's joke about "apparently God hates Alabama more than I do" while showing the destruction left by the tornado, was indeed about the tornado.

Nobody in Alabama cares about this kid's Alabama jokes or his Nick Saban rants. Every region of the country is stereotyped and made light of by comedians...

But anytime you crack a joke that pertains directly to a disaster in which people died, you might as well be prepared to get some flack, or perhaps lose your job.

Similar to how the comedian who does the AFLAC duck voice cracked a joke about the disaster in Japan, and AFLAC fired him.... It can happen. You did twist my words, you are basically trying to imply that I think making fun of the tornado is OK, when that is not the case at all. I know what I said and meant, you apparently did not. I am talking about the angle that he always bashes Saban and the people of Alabama. Showing the picture of the destruction was a bit tasteless, I will give you that. Tosh doesn't need a natural disaster to make fun of Saban or Alabama, those punch lines write themself. Tosh makes fun of Saban and Alabama all the time, and yes I laugh. Has nothing to do with a tornado.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 04:41 PM
You did twist my words, you are basically trying to imply that I think making fun of the tornado is OK, when that is not the case at all. I know what I said and meant, you apparently did not. I am talking about the angle that he always bashes Saban and the people of Alabama. Showing the picture of the destruction was a bit tasteless, I will give you that. Tosh doesn't need a natural disaster to make fun of Saban or Alabama, those punch lines write themself. Tosh makes fun of Saban and Alabama all the time, and yes I laugh. Has nothing to do with a tornado.

No Nublar, you are the one twisting words here. I never implied anything about you thinking it's ok making fun of the tornado...

My direct quote to your first post in this thread has nothing to do with any of that. The point was that you plainly stated that anyone offended by this joke was either an Alabama fan or lived in Alabama, as if losing everything you own or burying a child because of these tornados doesn't apply in a manner that someone would find the joke offensive.

The people who lost the most in these tornados aren't the one's complaining about Tosh's joke. They've got much more important things to worry about right now than some comedians joke about Nick Saban..

cmurda88
05-19-2011, 05:30 PM
As a student of The University of Alabama who witnessed the tornado first hand I was in no way offended by the comments that Tosh made. I actually thought it was a good gesture on his part. The joke he made was about Nick Saban not the victims of the tornado and some people do not seem to realize that. The reason for the joke in the first place was to set up the the main point of his comment, which was to help donate money for relief efforts in Tuscaloosa and other parts of the state. I can see how some people view Tosh's comments as tasteless and disrespectful, but these people must also take into account that Daniel Tosh is a comedian and gets paid to make jokes. Tosh was just trying to help out the state of Alabama and at the same time lighten the mood of the whole situation. In times of tragedy like this usually laughter is the best medicine.

Namor
05-19-2011, 05:48 PM
Ted's right on this one Nubs...you ****ed the duck on this one.
What you said was insensitive and kinda dumb....I expect better from you.
Hey make jokes about Nick all you want to...He can handle it...He's the best at what he does.
What happened between Nick and Miami,is more a reflection on how bad the Dolphins are.
As to Bama...What we need is either (1) give us a helping hand or (2) stay the f*** out of
our way...we'll take care of our own.

P.S. We'll see you up in Happy Valley this year...

BobDole
05-19-2011, 06:05 PM
enough already. it was funny. /thread.

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 06:17 PM
No Nublar, you are the one twisting words here. I never implied anything about you thinking it's ok making fun of the tornado...Ok, if that is true than why.....

My direct quote to your first post in this thread has nothing to do with any of that. The point was that you plainly stated that anyone offended by this joke was either an Alabama fan or lived in Alabama, as if losing everything you own or burying a child because of these tornados doesn't apply in a manner that someone would find the joke offensive......do you keep bringing up "burying a child" in response to my comments? I was talking about shots at Saban and the stereotype of people of Alabama, NOT THE NATURAL DISASTER.

Ted's right on this one Nubs...you ****ed the duck on this one.
What you said was insensitive and kinda dumb....I expect better from you.
Hey make jokes about Nick all you want to...He can handle it...He's the best at what he does.
What happened between Nick and Miami,is more a reflection on how bad the Dolphins are.
As to Bama...What we need is either (1) give us a helping hand or (2) stay the f*** out of
our way...we'll take care of our own.

P.S. We'll see you up in Happy Valley this year...
What exactly was insensitive? Tosh bashes ALL races, sexes countries, etc., just like South Park. The ones that get offended are usually the ones being made fun of, in this case Nick Saban and the people of Alabama. Making fun of a natural disaster is WRONG, but what he did was the same old joke against Saban and the Alabama stereotype. The natural disaster was the basis of the joke, but certainly NOT the punch line. In the end it was a way to get people to donate money to help the victims. The ones that are offended are the ones NOT affected by the tornado.

Did either of you actually watch the Tosh segment or are you just basing it off of second hand information? Watch it and you will likely agree with me that there was really no making fun of the natural disaster, it was a shot at Saban and the people of Alabama. Watch it and let me know if you still feel the same way towards Tosh and/or my comments.

FadunC3zmzk

Phintron3000
05-19-2011, 06:49 PM
That's actually a really great thing Daniel did. He was raising awareness and trying to get donations to help Alabama without sounding too serious, since you know - he's a comedian. How can anyone be offended when he is actually trying to help the state?

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 07:16 PM
Ok, if that is true than why.....

.....do you keep bringing up "burying a child" in response to my comments? I was talking about shots at Saban and the stereotype of people of Alabama, NOT THE NATURAL DISASTER.

What exactly was insensitive? Tosh bashes ALL races, sexes countries, etc., just like South Park. The ones that get offended are usually the ones being made fun of, in this case Nick Saban and the people of Alabama. Making fun of a natural disaster is WRONG, but what he did was the same old joke against Saban and the Alabama stereotype. The natural disaster was the basis of the joke, but certainly NOT the punch line. In the end it was a way to get people to donate money to help the victims. The ones that are offended are the ones NOT affected by the tornado.

Did either of you actually watch the Tosh segment or are you just basing it off of second hand information? Watch it and you will likely agree with me that there was really no making fun of the natural disaster, it was a shot at Saban and the people of Alabama. Watch it and let me know if you still feel the same way towards Tosh and/or my comments.

FadunC3zmzk

Wrong again Nublar... the one's that are COMPLAINING aren't the one's affected by the tornados. The one's OFFENDED by the joke were certainly affected by the tornados..

It's hard to complain about a comedian on tv when you don't have a damn tv anymore to begin with, or a house to put one in. When you don't have a computer to post complaints, or a house to put a computer in..

You don't live in Alabama, remember? You're not an Alabama fan, correct? Only the people who are Alabama fans or live in the state are the only one's offended, remember? Those are your exact words...

Listen, you don't live with these people and talk to them everyday. You don't have any idea what they're going through and what they're offended by... I do.

This isn't about Nick Saban. Comedians, sportswriters, and the like can talk about Nick Saban 24 hours a day and nobody here cares, Nublar. They are not offended by this poor Dolphins fan's disdain for Nick Saban or his jokes about the state of Alabama. Trust me, they're not. Nick Saban and the University of Alabama are doing quite well for themselves other than this disaster that swept through here last month and resulted in neighbors having to go look for neighbors in piles of rubble that used to be communities.... reduced to rubble that resembles a war zone.

I keep bringing up 'burying a child' because that's the worst thing you can possibly endure as a parent... as a human being.... and that's exactly what a lot of people around here just got finished doing. There's people with their children STILL laying in hospitals on life support because of this incredibly devastating line of storms.

The last thing they need right now is some dimwit cracking jokes about how this is all Nick Saban's fault because he happens to be a Dolphins fan. You have to understand the scope of what's happened here and if anyone is ever unfortunate enough for something like this to happen near and dear to them, the jokes become a lot less funny...

Again, the sentiment behind it is what counts here.. but that still doesn't make the joke funny.

TedSlimmJr
05-19-2011, 07:20 PM

This comment is what "I" found offensive, unsensitive, and showed a complete lack of decorum and class. Not Tosh's joke.

Nublar7
05-19-2011, 08:21 PM
This comment is what "I" found offensive, unsensitive, and showed a complete lack of decorum and class. Not Tosh's joke.

Again, you FAIL to understand that my comment was in regards to his bashing of Saban and Alabama. If you are a Crimson Tide fan, you probably wouldn't like seeing your head coach constantly ripped on by a comedian. If you didn't like the comments about Alabama calling it an "overweight racist state", it is probably because you live or have lived in Alabama. You are right, people outside the state wouldn't be offended. My comment was never in regards to the tornado, yet you seem to keep going back to it in your rant against me.

No matter how many times I seem to explain it to you, you just can't grasp it and you keep going back to the same argument. Not really so hard to understand, it is weird that you can't comprehend this. I take issue with you attacking me and I am disgusted with your tone. Either fully understand my comment or just refrain from participating.

Namor
05-19-2011, 09:29 PM

I'm not bashing you Nubs,I know your a good guy...I'm sure if you go back,you can see how your words,can be viewed as insensitive.
My daughter and wife were in that tornado....They were unharmed,but it took about 6 terror filled hours before I could get in contact
with them.I like to think I'm a little bad-***,but I was scared sh*tless for them that day.
Great comedy is all about timing...Tosh's timing was bad on this.
Just my take on this

Hey...has Tosh got any good 911 jokes in his repertoire?

Namor
05-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey..Tosh..Got any snappy Joplin,Mo. jokes?

What a prick.