PDA

View Full Version : Let's talk pizza

WeVie
05-22-2011, 11:11 AM
All the talk of burgers got me wondering which pizza place has the best pizza. Everyone loves pizza right?

I think the best pizza I have ever eaten is at a place called The Villa in Bluefleld, VA. It's there at Wal-Mart where Arsenal works. I am sure he knows what I am talking about. Another great place is here in Mooresville and it's called Pomodoro's.

If we are talking big box franchises, then I gotta go with Papa John's first and then Little Ceasear's, and then Pizza Hut. I do not like Domino's at all.

Bumpus
05-22-2011, 02:37 PM
DeFelice Bros.

Dolfan3773
05-22-2011, 03:18 PM
-Casola's Pizza
-Anthony's Coal Fired Pizza
-Tops Pizza
-Power Pizza
-Uno

Damn I'm getting hungry just thinking of all these places and I can name more :lol:

CedarPhin
05-22-2011, 03:41 PM
North Beach Pizza in San Francisco.
Pizza Orgasmica in San Francisco.
Village Inn in Billings, MT.
Big Louie's in Eureka, CA.
Enoteca in Bogota, Colombia.
Buca di Beppo's makes a good one too.

Gonzo
05-22-2011, 03:57 PM
Il Pizzaiuolo - Florence, IT
Pizzeria Libretto - Toronto
Cavalli Pizza - Irving, TX

I love Neapolitan pizza. If there is a place on this list near you, check it out some time:
http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/eng_associati.php

When I'm drunk: Pizzaiolo in Toronto, open 24 hours and about a block from the house.

CedarPhin
05-22-2011, 05:05 PM
A 24 hour pizza place would be awesome.

Nublar7
05-22-2011, 05:12 PM
The best Pizza you will ever find is located in coal country in Pennsylvania called Pottsville Pizzeria. I do a lot of traveling and there is NOTHING that compares to Pottsville Pizzeria. It is not your typical circle pizza it is actually in a rectangle and anybody that eats there knows you cut your pizza into squares. The nice thing about Pottsville Pizzeria is that you can buy uncooked pizzas that you can take home and store in your freezer. So a few times a year I will make the one and a half drive up to Pottsville to buy some uncooked pizzas, bring them home and store them until I want them. Best pizza hands down. You may have heard of the town of Pottsville, they are the former home of the NFL's Maroons who were the TRUE winners of the 1925 NFL Championship.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/shapeimage_2-1.png

As for chain restaurants, I do like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut has the best bread sticks. mmmmm

Dolfan3773
05-22-2011, 06:05 PM
I don't know why but I love Little Caesars bread sticks. Depends where you go though, some places make them real good and most make them real crappy

Joe from WY
05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
hot stuff pizzahhh en kodee...lol

Joe from WY
05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
akshulleee th Outlaw Bar up heree en meeteetsee whey isnttt tuu bddd...lol

Dolfan3773
05-22-2011, 06:23 PM
The best Pizza you will ever find is located in coal country in Pennsylvania called Pottsville Pizzeria. I do a lot of traveling and there is NOTHING that compares to Pottsville Pizzeria. It is not your typical circle pizza it is actually in a rectangle and anybody that eats there knows you cut your pizza into squares. The nice thing about Pottsville Pizzeria is that you can buy uncooked pizzas that you can take home and store in your freezer. So a few times a year I will make the one and a half drive up to Pottsville to buy some uncooked pizzas, bring them home and store them until I want them. Best pizza hands down. You may have heard of the town of Pottsville, they are the former home of the NFL's Maroons who were the TRUE winners of the 1925 NFL Championship.

As for chain restaurants, I do like Papa Johns and Pizza Hut. Pizza Hut has the best bread sticks. mmmmm

Is this place coal fired pizza?

JCane
05-22-2011, 08:19 PM
-Casola's Pizza

WINNER

Best pizza in the history of ever!! Right by The U on US-1 and SW17....gooooood laaaaaaawd I've stumbled in and out of that place at 4:00AM after spending all night in The Grove at Mr. Moe's.

:lol: :lol:

Dolfan3773
05-23-2011, 12:37 AM
WINNER

Best pizza in the history of ever!! Right by The U on US-1 and SW17....gooooood laaaaaaawd I've stumbled in and out of that place at 4:00AM after spending all night in The Grove at Mr. Moe's.

:lol: :lol:

That place has taken a ton of my money after Heat games

JC
05-23-2011, 03:07 AM
Dominos makes a hell of a good pizza now. I like Dominos and Papa Johns.

As far as local places go, the best drunk pizza order is definitely Hungry Howie's. The grease alone is enough to cure a hangover. And for a legit Italian restaurant that also serves damn good pizza, Goodfellas right by UCF makes great food. I eat there at least once a week.

Also, there's a place down in Miami called "The Big Cheese" that I always used to go to when I was little and lived down there. That place is awesome.

Arsenal WV
05-23-2011, 03:32 AM
All the talk of burgers got me wondering which pizza place has the best pizza. Everyone loves pizza right?

I think the best pizza I have ever eaten is at a place called The Villa in Bluefleld, VA. It's there at Wal-Mart where Arsenal works. I am sure he knows what I am talking about. Another great place is here in Mooresville and it's called Pomodoro's.

If we are talking big box franchises, then I gotta go with Papa John's first and then Little Ceasear's, and then Pizza Hut. I do not like Domino's at all.

lol @ overweight guys talking about the fast food and fatty places they use to eat

get it together man!!!!!!!

Arsenal WV
05-23-2011, 03:39 AM
funny enough, i've never ate there

ROADRUNNER
05-23-2011, 04:04 AM
Any pizza will do im ****ing starving.............:lol:

JCane
05-23-2011, 04:22 AM
That place has taken a ton of my money after Heat games

There's also a spot in Lauderdale over on East Las Olas Boulevard and A1A just behind the Elbo Room next to that cigar shop. No idea what the name of it is...it just says, "PIZZA" out front lol. Amazing stuff though. Massive slices. We always hit this place way late at night after coming home from the cougar bar down the street.

:lol:

Tunaphish429
05-23-2011, 08:08 AM
Pavone's- A bunch of great locations all over central New YAWK

Great Northern Pizza Kitchen- What do you want on your pizza? They pretty much have every topping you could imagine..

Marks Pizzeria- Love their buffalo wing pizza...Its so good!!!!

As far as national chains go I say- Uno has the best pizza, I am a huge deepdish fan.

Vaark
05-23-2011, 08:30 AM
Sorry, but when it comes to Pizza I'm very old school. If the guy who makes it - or runs it isn't a paisano, it just ain't the real deal. That maybe elitist and the fact that I don't want my pizza made by someone whose forebears are from The Far East, Middle East, Scandanavia, etc, may border on racism, but it is what it is.

Given that, DiFara's legendary pizza - Midwood section of Brooklyn sets the standard (google it). Whenever I'm up there with time to spare, you can find me on the 1hr plus line waiting for absolutely the best pizza anywhere.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/di_fara_pizzeria-1.jpghttp://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/difarapizza-1.jpg

Absolutely no props to any pizza I've ever had west of the Mississippi (and I've had a lot) that isn't Chicago deep dish style

...but local shoutouts to
Pizza Time in Coral Springs which used to be owned by Roberto Luongo's father in law from the Bronx...for their meal-sized specialty "slices" that any given day could be Lobster Thermidor, Chicken Cacciatore, Baked Ziti, or whatever Bobby had left over from the adjacent restaurant.

Another shout out for Pizza Bar on Collins in SoBe... huge authentic NY slices, open very late.. and- their usual pizza maker a genuine paisono from the Bensonhurst section of Bklyn.

BARF
05-23-2011, 08:50 AM
anybody from miami here knows about rey's pizza that place is awesome, especially the main in hialeah one on west 3rd ave and w 29 st and its open 24 hours

NY8123
05-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Ok from a guinea's point of view the first thing you have to do is break it down into two groups:

Traditional Italian Pizza and American Pizza.

Traditional is simple and fresh - freshly rolled crust, sliced ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella or goat cheese and fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil. Coal fired ovens are the bomb for this pizza, we have one coal fire pizza place in town and it is good but still not as good as a few of the NYC places I have been into for traditional pies.

American - been all over this great nation of ours and nothing compares to NY style pizza. Gotta give a shout out to Aniello's Pizzeria in my home town, great Pizza been here since my grandfather was a kid.

WeVie
05-23-2011, 09:58 AM

Wow, if they are that good, we need to get you to send up some next time you make a run.

WeVie
05-23-2011, 10:00 AM
Ok from a guinea's point of view the first thing you have to do is break it down into two groups:

Traditional Italian Pizza and American Pizza.

Traditional is simple and fresh - freshly rolled crust, sliced ripe tomatoes, fresh mozzarella or goat cheese and fresh basil and extra virgin olive oil. Coal fired ovens are the bomb for this pizza, we have one coal fire pizza place in town and it is good but still not as good as a few of the NYC places I have been into for traditional pies.

American - been all over this great nation of ours and nothing compares to NY style pizza. Gotta give a shout out to Aniello's Pizzeria in my home town, great Pizza been here since my grandfather was a kid.

That does sound like a great pizza. I need to find a place like that around here. Surely there is one.

Vaark
05-23-2011, 10:57 AM
That does sound like a great pizza. I need to find a place like that around here. Surely there is one.

I've found both the yelp and urbanspoon cumulative ratings and recommendations to be pretty reliable source for good local restaurants so long as there's a relatively representative sampling of them. Otherwise, a handful of favorably skewed ratings could be no more than the owner's mult, friends and family's shilling it. (Through Yelp, I identified a wonderful Pompano Beach hole in the wall authentic Italian restaurant hidden away behind a Walgreens in an old small strip center you'd never notice - or even be inclined to check out ordinarily)..

Arsenal WV
05-23-2011, 12:10 PM
Is that place beside Wal-Mart pretty good WeVie?

CedarPhin
05-23-2011, 12:24 PM
They had some killer pizza places in Beirut too. Strangely enough.

ROADRUNNER
05-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Hardrock cafe in Berlin made a great pizza..............http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/berlin01-1.jpg

1 dol fan
05-23-2011, 05:02 PM
Little Caesar's is cheap and illegitimate pizza but did you know they do stuffed crust?

WeVie
05-24-2011, 01:25 AM
Little Caesar's is cheap and illegitimate pizza but did you know they do stuffed crust?

I didn't know they had stuffed crust. I love stuffed crust. Is it good?

Possum
05-24-2011, 01:27 AM
http://www.eatdrinkandbelazy.com/ little place across the street from ucf. and over the years i have found costco pizza really good, but few sell it anymore.

1 dol fan
05-24-2011, 01:13 PM
I didn't know they had stuffed crust. I love stuffed crust. Is it good?
not sure. Its on their secret menu so you might have to argue to get it... seems like the routine with every other secret menu item I have tried to order.