PDA

View Full Version : Congrads to the Miami Heat

fishfanmiami
05-27-2011, 12:41 PM
If our Fins played with that much heart we would have been in the playoffs the last two years.

GOOOOO HEAT

GOOOOOOOOOOOO FINS :)

Nublar7
05-27-2011, 12:51 PM
If our Fins played with that much heart we would have been in the playoffs the last two years.

GOOOOO HEAT

GOOOOOOOOOOOO FINS :)....or if Payton Manning or Tom Brady were free agents we could sign off the street.....

jlfin
05-27-2011, 01:46 PM
I'm as happy as the next guy, since I am a Miami native. However, I still believe it is MUCH harder to build a championship NFL team than an NBA team, simply because there are many more pieces involved.
One or 2 superstar players can take you far. Not so in the NFL.

Tunaphish429
05-27-2011, 01:52 PM
My sources say that after the HEAT win the Finals in sweeping fasion Lebron is going to be Miami's new starting QB..

Phins28
05-27-2011, 03:26 PM
Congrats to the refs and David Stern.

PhinsPhan11
05-27-2011, 04:18 PM
My sources say that after the HEAT win the Finals in sweeping fasion Lebron is going to be Miami's new starting QB..
I won't be surprised if they win, but it will not be a sweep.

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-27-2011, 04:28 PM
I'm as happy as the next guy, since I am a Miami native. However, I still believe it is MUCH harder to build a championship NFL team than an NBA team, simply because there are many more pieces involved.
One or 2 superstar players can take you far. Not so in the NFL.
ur 100 percent right. that is why when i see these heat fans always comparing them to the dolphins, its ridiculious. in the nba, u get 2 superstars, as long as u put semi decent guys around them, ur always a title contender no matter wat, and deff a year in and year out playoff team without a doubt.

in the nfl, u could sign 2 superstars and ur not guarenteed anything. ya it will make ur team better but their are tons of pieces that you still must fill to compete for a superbowl.

not taking anything away from the heat, and the truth is our front office has really been lousy for since i can remember pretty much with these awful draft picks, etc, but to compare the building of any basketball team in general to football is a little to much imo.

fishfanmiami
05-27-2011, 04:45 PM
All these things are true. I was just pointing out that the Fins lack the killer/championship heart that the HEAT team (say what u will about how they came togather) have shown time after time in these playoffs. That in my humble opinion is what the Fins are lacking.

That , and a good QB :)

BARF
05-27-2011, 04:45 PM
heart and fins in the same sentence, LMAO

JCane
05-27-2011, 05:16 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/4819d1213913698wholikesqotsacrybaby-1.jpg

CedarPhin
05-27-2011, 05:29 PM

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/hatersgonnahategaybatman-1.jpg

nick1
05-27-2011, 08:10 PM
early in game 5 the refs were giving the Bulls all the calls, there was thought that the NBA had a conspiracy to make the series longer, then the Heat started getting some calls so the conspiracy turned to the NBA wanting the Heat in the finals. Conspiracy theories are just weak, the NBA had referee problems thats a fact but theres no conpiracy. the refs just suck and they need to do something about it

R_t_Kraken
05-28-2011, 04:09 AM

What did the refs do?

jree
05-28-2011, 03:25 PM
What did the refs do?

They allowed the paper MVP to be shutdown by the real MVP

Vaark
05-28-2011, 10:22 PM
They allowed the paper MVP to be shutdown by the real MVP

Yeah, the MVP got out-valuabled (x3), the COTY got outcoached and Gar Foreman proved that he's not even worthy of residing within a thousand miles of Pat Riley's executive wing.

SuavePhin
05-28-2011, 10:49 PM
Yeah, the MVP got out-valuabled (x3), the COTY got outcoached and Gar Foreman proved that he's not even worthy of residing within a thousand miles of Pat Riley's executive wing.

I'm surprised this hasn't gotten more attention, Spo was making substitutions as needed, while Thibby seemed to be riding Rose til he got gassed.

CedarPhin
05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
Thibs made some rookie mistakes there.

CedarPhin
05-28-2011, 11:10 PM
Spo's been learning on the job, but he's actually become a halfway decent coach (at least to me).

Ferretsquig
05-30-2011, 12:14 PM
in the nfl, u could sign 2 superstars and ur not guarenteed anything. ya it will make ur team better but their are tons of pieces that you still must fill to compete for a superbowl.

I wouldn't say that. It does take more in football but if the Dolphins went out and signed two of the top three players in the league tomorrow you'd feel pretty good about their prospects, no matter who they had to give up.

Ilovemyfins4eva
05-30-2011, 12:31 PM
I wouldn't say that. It does take more in football but if the Dolphins went out and signed two of the top three players in the league tomorrow you'd feel pretty good about their prospects, no matter who they had to give up.
ya, i hear what you are saying, the only point i was trying to make was, like for example, the heat have wade, james, and bosh now, but even if it was just james and wade and a bunch of solid role players, they are still always guarenteed basically to be a top team in the league, because in the nba if you have 2 superstars, thats what happens.

also, they are 2 of the top 5 players in the league, not just any 2 superstars, and you can make a case they are 2 of the top 3. ( obviously lebron is deff top 2 and prob 1, wade is the one you can deff make the case for though although some people may argue)

in football also its hard to determine who the top 2 guys in the league are, because every position is different.

my point in the nba it is a lot easier to build a contending team. does not take way the fact that dolphins front office has been real lousy the past decade, especially in the draft department.