PDA

View Full Version : Enjoying the Heats success makes me more depressed as a dolphin fan!

DirkDiggler
05-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I'm not even a basketball fan. I watch the Heat because they are my hometown team but it really makes me sick when I compare them to the dolphins. Sure you can say "we'll that would be like Miami getting Tom Brady and Jerry Rice both at the same time." But I'm not even looking for a Superbowl Season. I just want a management and coaching team that will do anything they can to make sure the team succeeds and I dont see that. Especially with Tony Sparano. Then add on top of that that Idiot Ross rehires him and ensures 2 more years of incredible mediocrity you have a recipe for disaster! GO HEAT!

Phinatic8u
05-29-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not even a basketball fan. I watch the Heat because they are my hometown team but it really makes me sick when I compare them to the dolphins. Sure you can say "we'll that would be like Miami getting Tom Brady and Jerry Rice both at the same time." But I'm not even looking for a Superbowl Season. I just want a management and coaching team that will do anything they can to make sure the team succeeds and I dont see that. Especially with Tony Sparano. Then add on top of that that Idiot Ross rehires him and ensures 2 more years of incredible mediocrity you have a recipe for disaster! GO HEAT!

You can't compare the Heat to the Dolphins. For many reasons.

1. When you sign arguably the best player in the NBA to a contract smaller than what he could've gotten, when in reality It was DWade and Bosh who recruited him not Riley. It's easy to win.

2. We can't sign whoever we want to a mega contract under the NFLs salary cap.

3. NFL is more of a team game than the NBA. It takes more than 1 superstar to win a championship.

yardlaw
05-29-2011, 04:04 PM
Success is determined at the ownership level, then permeates itself throughout the organization, typically with stable & long term GM and coaching staff. Mickey Arison = Great owner. Steve Ross =Not so much. Great owners in the NFL and success go hand in hand: Joe Robbie, The Rooney's, Robert Kraft, Jim Irsay, Eddie DeBartolo Jr. The Dolphins, Steelers, Patriots, Colts & 49'ers respectively, have all enjoyed great success under these owners.

Until we once again have an owner worth their salt, our Fins ain't going far.