PDA

View Full Version : Ten Albums You Need to Listen To: Thrash

Valandui
05-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Ok guys, same rules apply. Feel free to add more. Here are ten thrash albums you should listen to.

1.) Metallica- Master of Puppet
2.) Sepultura- Beneath the Remains
3.) Megadeth- Rust in Peace
4.) Testament- The Legacy
5.) Iced Earth- Burnt Offerings
6.) Exhorder- The Law
7.) Swashbuckle- Back to the Noose
8.) The Haunted- The Dead Eye
9.) Byzantine- ...And They Shall Take Up Serpents
10.) Pantera- Vulgar Display of Power

WeVie
05-30-2011, 08:24 PM
I gotta say, I had no idea there were that many classifications of metal music.

I love some Metallica, I like Megadeath pretty good, and Pantera is OK for me. I have never heard any of the others other than Sepultura. Which ones would compare to Metallica the best?

Valandui
05-30-2011, 08:47 PM
I gotta say, I had no idea there were that many classifications of metal music.

I love some Metallica, I like Megadeath pretty good, and Pantera is OK for me. I have never heard any of the others other than Sepultura. Which ones would compare to Metallica the best?

Iced Earth is probably my favorite, they're actually closer to a thrashy Iron Maiden. Exhorder is like the original Pantera. I'd honestly have to say that Metallica and Megadeth are the only two thrash bands that are really similar to each other in my opinon. Definitely check out Iced Earth if you have to choose just one, though.

DisturbedShifty
05-31-2011, 08:20 AM
I would have to say Countdown to Extinction in place of Rust in Peace. But I do love me some Hangar 18. The cover of that album is pretty freaky too.

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/05/custom_1265312318842_6a00c22529ef57549d0-1.jpg

Tunaphish429
05-31-2011, 08:43 AM
Propaghandi

Today's Empire, Tomorow's ashes

More punk influenced than Thrash but they have alot of songs on this album that are full on Thrash...

WeVie
05-31-2011, 10:28 AM
Iced Earth is probably my favorite, they're actually closer to a thrashy Iron Maiden. Exhorder is like the original Pantera. I'd honestly have to say that Metallica and Megadeth are the only two thrash bands that are really similar to each other in my opinon. Definitely check out Iced Earth if you have to choose just one, though.

I will grab them and check them out for sure.

Valandui
05-31-2011, 04:06 PM
I will grab them and check them out for sure.
The newer albums have more power metal style vocals (think Dio). Horror Show is my favorite, the older ones (stuff like Burnt Offerings and Night of the Stormrider) are more traditional thrash. Also, if you don't mind screaming, definitely check out Byzantine (from your home state of WV).