PDA

View Full Version : Who caught the Ravens/Titans game?



SmokeyPhinz
01-05-2004, 04:02 PM
Were my dad and I the only ones who thought Ray Lewis dancing all over the place in player intro's was the most unnecessary and hot-doggish scene you've ever seen? Holy u know what. And they still lose. Ahhh, to be justified. "You either hit, or be hit". Looks like the Ravens were the ones getting hit. Have fun watching the playoffs Ray Ray

bigmiamifan
01-05-2004, 04:12 PM
He's excited, I don't mind. Nice to see 'Canes go on to be stars, for that, I forgive him.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 04:13 PM
You gotta' love seeing his murdering butt getting punked on national TV!

njfinfan
01-05-2004, 04:19 PM
I, also, thought he over-did it a little. Hell, alot! What's with the murderer thing? Every time we watch the games together and he comes on either through the NFL or on commercials she won't look - says "ugh, there's the murderer."

I didn't hear what happened. Who did he murder?

Cranx
01-05-2004, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by njfinfan
I, also, thought he over-did it a little. Hell, alot! What's with the murderer thing? Every time we watch the games together and he comes on either through the NFL or on commercials she won't look - says "ugh, there's the murderer."

I didn't hear what happened. Who did he murder?

He was tried for the murder of two people outside a nightclub after the Super Bowl the year St. Louis was in it. He was acquitted as the evidence showed that he likely was not the guy who actually wielded the knife that killed the two guys, but it was pretty clear that he was covering up for the guys who did since everyone present was part of his "posse", they all left together, and Lewis had the victims' blood on his clothing.

Basically the guy knows who did it but he's not man enough to step up and say who it was. He'd rather let his lowlife "homies" walk instead of seeing justice done for the two guys who are now worm food.

While Lewis didn't do the actual killing he might as well have based upon his actions after the fact.

njfinfan
01-05-2004, 04:40 PM
Unbelievable. If it was that clear that he had SOMETHING to do with it (victims blood on his clothes?!), why was he acquitted? Wow - now I understand how my friend feels. She absolutely despises this guy. Thanks Cranx.

Cranx
01-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by njfinfan
Unbelievable. If it was that clear that he had SOMETHING to do with it (victims blood on his clothes?!), why was he acquitted? Wow - now I understand how my friend feels. She absolutely despises this guy. Thanks Cranx.

Because the DA and the police in this case were a bunch of bumbling idiots. They saw the big name, figured they could make a name for themselves, and acted too fast thus charging him with the murder instead of going after him for what he knew. His lawyer did his job in realizing his client had virtually nothing to fear, allowed the thing to go to trial, and beat the prosecution handily.

The proesecution screwed things up so badly in this case that there were no grounds to go after Lewis again once he was acquitted of the murders thus, they ruined their case and virtually any shot they had at capturing Lewis' friends who were actually the ones who did it.

njfinfan
01-05-2004, 05:30 PM
Wow - amazing. Aren't police crazy like that? Dying to make a name busting someone famous and bumble the whole freaking thing.

Bumrush
01-05-2004, 05:42 PM
As much as I hated Lewis for those charges against him you must take in to account the fact that he was aquitted by a jury of his peers and was found innocent.

One thing you can not dispute is his skill on the field. Ray Lewis is the most incredible defensive player I have ever watched. He dominates games and is all over the field. He also has the respect of all his teamates and is true general on the field.

Sal Lisitano
01-05-2004, 05:53 PM
love him or hate him...if you just judge him on a "football basis" his the best LB in the NFL...period.

He's got a big mouth and shows off a lot but...I would not mind seeing him in a Fins uniform!!!

Wakey
01-06-2004, 12:03 AM
Ray's little dance is basically the same for the last few years. That's just the way he gets up for the game.

I'm not sure how he got punked, he had double digit tackles :confused:

How did someone not hear of the charges from his visit to Atlanta during the Superbowl that year??

Cranx hit the nail on the head. The prosecution team in Atlanta made the LA County office that charged O.J. look like brainiacs.

njfinfan
01-06-2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Wakey
Ray's little dance is basically the same for the last few years. That's just the way he gets up for the game.

I'm not sure how he got punked, he had double digit tackles :confused:

How did someone not hear of the charges from his visit to Atlanta during the Superbowl that year??

Cranx hit the nail on the head. The prosecution team in Atlanta made the LA County office that charged O.J. look like brainiacs.

I didn't know about it because I basically wasn't into football yet, so I didn't pay attention to sports news.