PDA

View Full Version : PlayStation 3 Users: Free Stuff

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 12:04 AM
As many of you PS3 users likely know, Sony experienced several breaches over the past month or so that resulted in a major inconvenience to gamers. Obviously, such an incident turned gamers off and caused them to contemplate switching to Xbox or perhaps even dump the ps3 altogether. In an attempt to make amends, Sony has offered a few things for PS3 users of the Playstation store.

1. Everyone gets a free 30 day trial of Playstation Plus

2. Everyone gets 2 of 5 Playstation games. (LittleBigPlanet, Super Stardust HD, WipEout HD, inFAMOUS, and Dead Nation)

3. Everyone gets 2 of 4 PSP games. (LittleBigPlanet, Pursuit Force, Mod Nation Racers, and Killzone Liberation)

4. Everyone is covered for CC fraud for 1 year.

Just a heads up for anyone who is interested. Might as well take advantage of the free stuff. I went ahead and chose LittleBigPlanet and inFAMOUS.

JCane
06-04-2011, 01:46 AM
How do I get this?

DisturbedShifty
06-04-2011, 01:38 PM
How do I get this?
If you have a PSN account you should have received an email by now telling you how to collet your goodies.

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 04:22 PM
How do I get this?
All you have to do is go on the Playstation Store and click on the Welcome Back tab. From there you just pick the games you want and download them. The downloading will take a while, so I would reccomend starting it before you leave to go somewhere for a few hours.

LBP only took me about an hour, but inFAMOUS is taking quite a while. Right now it's projected to take 5 hours.

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 05:41 PM
:bobdole:

Sitting at 28% right now after 2 and a half hours...

JCane
06-04-2011, 06:04 PM
All you have to do is go on the Playstation Store and click on the Welcome Back tab. From there you just pick the games you want and download them. The downloading will take a while, so I would reccomend starting it before you leave to go somewhere for a few hours.

LBP only took me about an hour, but inFAMOUS is taking quite a while. Right now it's projected to take 5 hours.

Is this a PSN account like when I first bought my PS3 and registered...or is this the account with the monthly/annual fee that is applied to it?

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Is this a PSN account like when I first bought my PS3 and registered...or is this the account with the monthly/annual fee that is applied to it?
I don't follow what you're saying. I'm not aware of any annual/monthly fees unless you're referring to PlayStation Plus. That does have monthly fees but they are giving that to you for free for 30 days. The games are free for everyone as well. They cost you nothing to download as part of this special deal.

To get to the PlayStation Store, all you have to do is go to the PlayStation Network tab on the main menu of the PS3 and scroll down to the icon that says "playstation store"

I don't know if that answers your question or not, but that is about as clearly as I can explain it.

JCane
06-04-2011, 06:24 PM
I don't follow what you're saying. I'm not aware of any annual/monthly fees unless you're referring to PlayStation Plus. That does have monthly fees but they are giving that to you for free for 30 days. The games are free for everyone as well. They cost you nothing to download as part of this special deal.

To get to the PlayStation Store, all you have to do is go to the PlayStation Network tab on the main menu of the PS3 and scroll down to the icon that says "playstation store"

I don't know if that answers your question or not, but that is about as clearly as I can explain it.

Yeah, I understand now. Still kinda new to all of this gaming stuff.

:lol:

JCane
06-04-2011, 06:26 PM
I don't know anything about the five games. Which ones are good?

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Well, like I said I went with LBP and inFAMOUS. I played LBP for the first time this morning and I think it's pretty fun, but it really depends on what you're after. I read some reviews before I downloaded these games and inFAMOUS by far sounds the most impressive. I would definitely get that one. I would rule out Dead Nation simply because the camera angle sucks and I think it would be difficult to play a game like that. The remaining 2 choices are both games that have excellent graphics; Super StarDust HD and WipEout HD. I didn't look at StarDust reviews because I had already settled on LBP and inFAMOUS. The reason I didn't go with WipEout HD is because reviews said it got frustratingly difficult about halfway through. I'm not good at racing games to begin with, so I certainly don't want a racing game that good gamers struggle with.

If I was you, I would go with inFAMOUS and then one of the others, excluding Dead Nation. Only trouble with inFAMOUS is it takes forever to download. I started downloading it today at 3:30 and right now it is sitting at 37% and says it still has 295 minutes left to go, and that doesn't even include the 10-20 minute installation.

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 06:38 PM
Here are some reviews from IGN which is essentially the best site to get information for video games.

Super StarDust HD: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/797/797913p1.html
WipEout HD: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/912/912822p1.html
LittleBigPlanet: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/919/919111p1.html
Dead Nation: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/113/1136265p1.html
inFAMOUD: http://ps3.ign.com/articles/981/981734p1.html

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 10:46 PM

sitting at 97% right now. I'm a little over the 7 hour mark for download time. Unreal. Probably the longest sustained period of time my ps3 have ever run considering the fact that I actually started playing today around 1 and then started the download after I finished playing.

To whoever decides to download inFAMOUS, I'd reccomend simply beginning the download before you go to bed.

JCane
06-04-2011, 11:01 PM

sitting at 97% right now. I'm a little over the 7 hour mark for download time. Unreal. Probably the longest sustained period of time my ps3 have ever run considering the fact that I actually started playing today around 1 and then started the download after I finished playing.

To whoever decides to download inFAMOUS, I'd reccomend simply beginning the download before you go to bed.

I'll probably take my PS3 to work and download it there on our T1 line. Probably download in 10 minutes.

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 11:18 PM
I'll probably take my PS3 to work and download it there on our T1 line. Probably download in 10 minutes.

Can you really pull that **** off? Just casually bring your ps3 to work haha. Do they allow you to use it there?

JCane
06-04-2011, 11:48 PM

Can you really pull that **** off? Just casually bring your ps3 to work haha. Do they allow you to use it there?

Yeah I've taken it to work before but I stopped because all we had was a 13" TV/VCR combo and MLB The Show sucked. But now we have that 46" flat screen so I'm gonna probably take it a few times and play it. I need a new TV so bad.

Ricky_Fan34
06-04-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah I've taken it to work before but I stopped because all we had was a 13" TV/VCR combo and MLB The Show sucked. But now we have that 46" flat screen so I'm gonna probably take it a few times and play it. I need a new TV so bad.
What's your current tv? I've got a 24" Vizio flat screen. I've had it for about 2 years now and I don't know how I used to play on some POS TV that was about 13".

JCane
06-05-2011, 12:04 AM
What's your current tv? I've got a 24" Vizio flat screen. I've had it for about 2 years now and I don't know how I used to play on some POS TV that was about 13".

I don't even have a flat screen man. But I do have a 36".

Ricky_Fan34
06-05-2011, 12:15 AM
I don't even have a flat screen man. But I do have a 36".
Well depending on your purpose of the TV and price range, I'd simply go for something along the lines of what I have. If you're just looking to save money but also get a TV, just go with a 22-32" Vizio to put in your room. That way not only are you saving money on the size, but you are also saving money on the brand. I know 22-32" doesn't sound like a lot, but it gets the job done just fine. Mine cost $300 and has been fantastic.

JCane
06-05-2011, 12:35 AM
I was at Best Buy yesterday and spotted a 65" and a 70" that I wanted lol.

$2600 for the 70" and $3400 for the the 65".

Ricky_Fan34
06-05-2011, 01:01 AM
I was at Best Buy yesterday and spotted a 65" and a 70" that I wanted lol.

$2600 for the 70" and $3400 for the the 65".

I mean if you got the money to dump into it, go for it. I'd love to have enough money to buy a TV that large. I don't have enough to even have 1 TV that nice, yet some people I know have 2 that nice.

JCane
06-05-2011, 01:18 AM
Definitely don't have that kind of cash right now with football season coming soon and I'm not willing to put it on my credit card. Probably have to wait until January.

Thumper1016
06-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Well, like I said I went with LBP and inFAMOUS. I played LBP for the first time this morning and I think it's pretty fun, but it really depends on what you're after. I read some reviews before I downloaded these games and inFAMOUS by far sounds the most impressive. I would definitely get that one. I would rule out Dead Nation simply because the camera angle sucks and I think it would be difficult to play a game like that. The remaining 2 choices are both games that have excellent graphics; Super StarDust HD and WipEout HD. I didn't look at StarDust reviews because I had already settled on LBP and inFAMOUS. The reason I didn't go with WipEout HD is because reviews said it got frustratingly difficult about halfway through. I'm not good at racing games to begin with, so I certainly don't want a racing game that good gamers struggle with.

If I was you, I would go with inFAMOUS and then one of the others, excluding Dead Nation. Only trouble with inFAMOUS is it takes forever to download. I started downloading it today at 3:30 and right now it is sitting at 37% and says it still has 295 minutes left to go, and that doesn't even include the 10-20 minute installation.

Dead Nation isn't all that bad. I bought this game a couple months before the network crashed. The camera does take some getting used to and the controls as well but over all it is a pretty fun game. My brother and I do the co-op and have had hours of fun with it.