PDA

View Full Version : Ten Albums You Need to Listen To: Nu Metal/Rap Rock

Valandui
06-10-2011, 11:28 AM
Alright, bringing this back with a style of music I used to love in high school and have for the most part moved away from. Having said that, there are a few albums that I still like and listen to fairly often. So, here it goes (in no particular order).

1.) Ill Nino- Revolution/Revolucion
2.) System of a Down- Toxicity
3.) Reveille- Bleed the Sky
4.) Spineshank- Self-destructive Pattern
5.) Switched- Subject to Change
6.) Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory
7.) Rage Against the Machine- Te Battle of Los Angeles
8.) Soulfly- Prophecy
9.) Mudvayne- L.D. 50
10.) P.O.D.- The Fundamental Elements of Southtown

Honorable Mentions
Korn- Follow the Leader
Ill Nino- One Nation Underground
Dry Kill Logic- The Dead and Dreaming

Locke
06-10-2011, 12:01 PM
Alright, bringing this back with a style of music I used to love in high school and have for the most part moved away from. Having said that, there are a few albums that I still like and listen to fairly often. So, here it goes (in no particular order).

1.) Ill Nino- Revolution/Revolucion
2.) System of a Down- Toxicity
3.) Reveille- Bleed the Sky
4.) Spineshank- Self-destructive Pattern
5.) Switched- Subject to Change
6.) Linkin Park- Hybrid Theory
7.) Rage Against the Machine- Te Battle of Los Angeles
8.) Soulfly- Prophecy
9.) Mudvayne- L.D. 50
10.) P.O.D.- The Fundamental Elements of Southtown

Honorable Mentions
Korn- Follow the Leader
Ill Nino- One Nation Underground
Dry Kill Logic- The Dead and Dreaming

Man, this list is seriously like looking at my CD collection in 11th grade. Memories...

Valandui
06-10-2011, 01:02 PM
Man, this list is seriously like looking at my CD collection in 11th grade. Memories...

I'm right there with you, man. It's wierd to think that it was eight years ago.

WeVie
06-10-2011, 02:49 PM
You guys make me feel so old. When I was in 11th grade is when Alice In Chains and Nirvana hit it big.

Locke
06-10-2011, 03:09 PM
You guys make me feel so old. When I was in 11th grade is when Alice In Chains and Nirvana hit it big.

You've only got 6 years on me, thats not much. I was listening to Nirvana in High School too. Was never a fan of Alice in Chains, but they were popular when I was in 11th grade too...

Bumpus
06-10-2011, 04:01 PM

Hush youngster! :lol:

(I was in college at the time)
:i'mfugginggettingold: :bobdole:

Valandui
06-10-2011, 04:03 PM
You've only got 6 years on me, thats not much. I was listening to Nirvana in High School too. Was never a fan of Alice in Chains, but they were popular when I was in 11th grade too...

I was too, except I was really into Alice in Chains and only kind of into Nirvana. Now I can't stand Nirvana.

Phinatic8u
06-10-2011, 08:41 PM
I love Nirvania.

POD is great to.

WeVie
06-10-2011, 08:55 PM
Hush youngster! :lol:

(I was in college at the time)
:i'mfugginggettingold: :bobdole:

The first time I really started to notice I was getting older is when the senior hotties in high school stop looking like hotties and started looking like little girls. I guess that was at about 22 or 23. Does that make me a perv?

Valandui
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM
The first time I really started to notice I was getting older is when the senior hotties in high school stop looking like hotties and started looking like little girls. I guess that was at about 22 or 23. Does that make me a perv?
Yeah. Pretty much.

Phinatic8u
06-11-2011, 01:00 AM
Yeah. Pretty much.

#winning

emeraldfin
06-11-2011, 06:51 AM
Ah, Slipknot, Papa Roach??????

I know its a personel choice, but any Nu Metal top 10 list has gotten have those bands in it, especially Slipknot for me.

Wouldn't really consider Nirvana and Alice in Chains in that genre TBH.

Valandui
06-11-2011, 11:33 AM

I know its a personel choice, but any Nu Metal top 10 list has gotten have those bands in it, especially Slipknot for me.

Honestly, I just forgot about Slipknot. That's why I invite people to add theirs as well. I also agree on Alice in Chains and Nirvana. Nirvana was definitely grunge and Alice in Chains is more southern/stoner metal that got lumped in with grunge because they came out of Seattle at the same time. WeVie was just getting mad that we reminded him of how old he is. :lol:

tylerdolphin
06-11-2011, 12:07 PM
Came here expecting to see Hybrid Theory at one. Left disappointed. Most of those bands got me into music though. Even though my tastes are much different now, Ill always have a soft spot for LP no matter how much they suck *** now. Spineshank was way underrated too.

Valandui
06-11-2011, 12:45 PM
Came here expecting to see Hybrid Theory at one. Left disappointed. Most of those bands got me into music though. Even though my tastes are much different now, Ill always have a soft spot for LP no matter how much they suck *** now. Spineshank was way underrated too.
I did say it was in no particular order, although Ill Nino was my favorite band for a while.

Locke
06-11-2011, 06:01 PM

No, not at all. Those are both Seattle grunge for sure...

WeVie
06-12-2011, 01:20 AM
Honestly, I just forgot about Slipknot. That's why I invite people to add theirs as well. I also agree on Alice in Chains and Nirvana. Nirvana was definitely grunge and Alice in Chains is more southern/stoner metal that got lumped in with grunge because they came out of Seattle at the same time. WeVie was just getting mad that we reminded him of how old he is. :lol:

Yeah, I was not adding them to the list. I was only saying that is when they hit big. It was Metallica and Megadeath along with the last few years of the 80's hair bands and then all of a sudden, "Alternative" hit the scene .

If I am going to add anyone to the list, it has to be Saliva. I really like them

d-day
06-12-2011, 12:14 PM
1) Arsis - We are the Nightmare
2) Arsonists Get All the Girls - Arsonists Get All the Girls
3) Candiria - What Doesn't Kill You
4) Dead Child - Attack
5) Exotic Animal Petting Zoo - I Have Made My Bed in Darkness
6) Isis - Wavering Radiant
7) Orange Goblin - Time Traveling Blues
8) Strapping Young Lad - Strapping Young Lad
9) Vader - XXV
10) Zimmer's Hole - When You Were Shouting at the Devil