PDA

View Full Version : Man shoots 12-year-old in the back with shotgun over game of Ding-Dong-Ditch

BAMAPHIN 22
06-15-2011, 04:44 PM
A game of Ding-Dong-Ditch nearly cost a boy his life after a middle-aged man blasted him in the back with a shotgun, police said.

The incident occurred about 10 p.m. Monday while a group of kids played the game, where someone rings a person's doorbell and then runs away, on the suspect's street.
Witnesses told police that Michael Bishop, 56, came out to his front porch armed with a shotgun, then fired it at the youths.

The victim, 12-year-old Jason Eberle, was struck in the back and shoulder. He was in stable condition at Kosair Children's Hospital with collapsed lungs, according to WLKY 32 News.
Bishop was charged with attempted murder.

It was unclear if the boys had rung Bishop's doorbell before the shooting, but neighbors said the group had played the prank in the area the previous evening.

"There were some complaints about some kids knocking on doors, ringing doorbells," police spokesman Dwight Mitchell told WAVE 3 News.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/06/15/2011-06-15_kentucky_man_shoots_12yearold_in_the_back_with_shotgun_over_game_of_dingdongditc.html

Kdawg954
06-15-2011, 10:46 PM
God the guy looks like a racist somebody on top of it . . . . yea I hope they throw the book at his azz

dreday
06-15-2011, 11:55 PM
he resembles a turkey...

it's one thing if he thought his home was being broken into, but shooting without question? if he stepped out on the porch, then clearly he must have seen his targets.

i am not sure what the situation was, but thing is, a child almost died because an adult decided to deal with people by shooting them.

Bumpus
06-16-2011, 12:18 AM
I'd like to take this opportunity to mention that this happened in Kentucky, not WV. That's Kentucky.

Vaark
06-16-2011, 12:29 AM
that heading invites an irreverent response, but this is so godawful i think i'll sit this one out.

NY8123
06-16-2011, 01:26 PM
he resembles a turkey...

it's one thing if he thought his home was being broken into, but shooting without question? if he stepped out on the porch, then clearly he must have seen his targets.

i am not sure what the situation was, but thing is, a child almost died because an adult decided to deal with people by shooting them.

There is a time to protect yourself and a time to use rational thought. This was a time that irrational thought prevailed with no need to protect your self.

If you are going to pull a trigger in any circumstance (target shooting, hunting, self defense) there is a great responsibility involved and this jackass is totally irresponsible for his actions and deserves what he gets.

d-day
06-16-2011, 01:27 PM
The kid should have stayed off his damn lawn.

PhinzN703
06-17-2011, 04:32 PM
The kid should have stayed off his damn lawn.

True but the guy could've handled it any other way than blindly shooting someone.