PDA

View Full Version : Man plants camera in elderly mother's nursing home, captures brutal abuse by caregive

BAMAPHIN 22
06-29-2011, 06:00 PM
An Ohio nursing home is under fire after a hidden camera installed by a patient's son caught caregivers brutally abusing his elderly mother, according to a report.

Two nurse's aides were fired from the Prentiss Center for Skilled Nursing Care in Cleveland and a third was disciplined after they were filmed manhandling 78-year-old Esther Piskor, an investigation by Cleveland's WKYC television revealed.

See Video:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/06/29/2011-06-29_man_plants_camera_in_elderly_mothers_nursing_home_captures_brutal_abuse_by_careg.html

Dolfan3773
06-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Everytime I hear a story about this I think of Happy Gilmore....smh

Tunaphish429
06-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Pretty disgusting, Shows you how messed up the healthcare system is.. Nurses aids have tough jobs...They are the lowest on the poll and often have to do the lifting of people. So its pretty much grunt work and anyone can get this job. So most of the time they are rejects who don't care((Who also make minimum wage in most cases). Not making excuse for them, cause I could never treat anyone that way. But it looks like it become the norm at this facility.

Arsenal WV
06-29-2011, 11:07 PM
Everytime I hear a story about this I think of Happy Gilmore....smh

:lol: Me too.

"My fingers hurt"
"what was that?"
"My fingers hurt"
"Well now your back's gonna hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty"

Bumpus
06-29-2011, 11:53 PM
:lol: Me too.

"My fingers hurt"
"what was that?"
"My fingers hurt"
"Well now your back's gonna hurt because you just pulled landscaping duty"

This story is f-ed up, but I had to laugh at this. :lol:

Arsenal WV
06-30-2011, 12:00 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPsbDUZvfFo

WeVie
06-30-2011, 02:29 AM
Man I would really want to mess someone up if they were mistreating someone in my family were they to be in a place like that.

1 dol fan
06-30-2011, 02:44 AM
Pretty disgusting, Shows you how messed up the healthcare system is.. Nurses aids have tough jobs...They are the lowest on the poll and often have to do the lifting of people. So its pretty much grunt work and anyone can get this job. So most of the time they are rejects who don't care((Who also make minimum wage in most cases). Not making excuse for them, cause I could never treat anyone that way. But it looks like it become the norm at this facility.
I work as a dietary aide at a nursing home type of place. From my point of view, they work really hard. The older ones are really good at it. The younger ones don't usually last long. The only thing I disagree about is that they have to get certification to be a CNA. And because of that, they get a decent wage. I would say a rook can start at $11

PhinzN703
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM

Fine. Charge them with assault and put them in jail. See how much they like abusing helpless people then.