PDA

View Full Version : barbecue recipes...

dreday
06-29-2011, 08:02 PM
i'll admit,i dont have any new ones..so im asking finheaven about some recipes..the diversity here has to be respected.im going to be attempting to show off some skills this weekend on the grill..

any help will be appreciated..thx for your courtesy...

WeVie
06-30-2011, 02:42 AM
This could turn into a great thread.

Chicken rub

brown sugar
chili powder
cumin
garlic powder
paprika
ground mustard

Rub it, grill it, and it is great. You can use it for other meat as well but I like it best on chicken. It you want, right before it finishes cooking, add some BBQ sauce to it.

dreday
06-30-2011, 09:47 AM
awesome..thx man

Vaark
06-30-2011, 11:35 AM
hey, did you ever end up making my cajun mealoaf recipe???
(incidentally cumin has become one of my favorite seasonings)

This could turn into a great thread.

Chicken rub

brown sugar
chili powder
cumin
garlic powder
paprika
ground mustard

Rub it, grill it, and it is great. You can use it for other meat as well but I like it best on chicken. It you want, right before it finishes cooking, add some BBQ sauce to it.

Locke
06-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Lemony Shish-ka-bobs

Marinate the meat in Lemon Juice for about an hour. Mix together BBQ sauce and some lemon juice, usually to taste. I'm a huge lemon guy, so I add in quite a bit, but you'll probably want to do just enough to give a faint lemon sting to the sauce. Put the meat on the skewer and spread the sauce all over it. I'll then put on lemon pepper, light garlic powder, salt/pepper before cooking. I like to add a tropical feel to the kabob with pineapples, roma tomatoes, etc. They turn out really good if you're a lemon fan...

dreday
06-30-2011, 05:06 PM
Lemony Shish-ka-bobs

Marinate the meat in Lemon Juice for about an hour. Mix together BBQ sauce and some lemon juice, usually to taste. I'm a huge lemon guy, so I add in quite a bit, but you'll probably want to do just enough to give a faint lemon sting to the sauce. Put the meat on the skewer and spread the sauce all over it. I'll then put on lemon pepper, light garlic powder, salt/pepper before cooking. I like to add a tropical feel to the kabob with pineapples, roma tomatoes, etc. They turn out really good if you're a lemon fan...

good idea..i love me some shish-ka-bobs!

WeVie
07-01-2011, 09:18 PM
hey, did you ever end up making my cajun mealoaf recipe???
(incidentally cumin has become one of my favorite seasonings)

Not yet. I have pretty much been eating super clean trying to cut this last ten or so pounds so I have not been cooking much of anything but chicken lately.