PDA

View Full Version : Opium in Afghanistan

rob19
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Hadn't seen this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUATfLDiwVA

y'all know 90% of the worlds Heroin comes from Afghanistan? Very lucrative multi-billion dollar annual business.

ROADRUNNER
07-03-2011, 04:44 PM
**** im in the wrong job.............

1 dol fan
07-03-2011, 08:07 PM
This is generally common knowledge for the druggies of the world. Also, the best Hashish is found in that part of the world as well.

1 dol fan
07-03-2011, 08:13 PM
Wait... so you want them to get rid of some opium poppies (obviously for lemon poppy muffins) to grow cucumbers? I guess pickles are pretty tasty but I bet they don't sell as fast or for half as much.

Bumpus
07-04-2011, 12:11 AM
I should have stopped watching 5 secs. in when I heard "FOX & Friends" :lol:

rob19
07-04-2011, 07:21 AM
Wait... so you want them to get rid of some opium poppies (obviously for lemon poppy muffins) to grow cucumbers? I guess pickles are pretty tasty but I bet they don't sell as fast or for half as much.

I don't want them to get rid of anything. But I think it'd probably be a naivete to think were guarding those fields for free, know what I'm saying?. Were getting making money off this, I just curious as to how much.

edit:
And India has some really nice hashish too, and for the most part it's opium free. In Afghanistan it's commonplace to mix the hashish with opium and parts of the datura plant, they call it "charas".

rob19
07-04-2011, 07:44 AM
here's a pic of some charas
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/Tosh_Valley_charas-1.jpg

If any of you know anything about Opium or the Datura plant, I'd think you'd be surprised, as I was, to learn that the smoking of charas is apparently a non-destructive habit.

I digress

1 dol fan
07-04-2011, 02:07 PM
I have heard of these things but not all together...

CedarPhin
07-07-2011, 06:01 PM
Nepalese Temple Balls are the best thing from that part of the world, other than some good ol' Afghan bud or hash.

The Middle East, while it gets a bad rep as home to many political fanatics, still produces some of the world's best hash, from Turkey to Morocco, not to mention what crosses Syria and Iraq/Iran, and the Lebanese Beka'a Valley. In Nepal, it grows wild on the hillsides, ditto for the rest of the Hindu Kush range.

Afghanistan has cultivated most, if not all of the Heroin you see in illicit drug trades worldwide for basically forever. Sure, you have the Colombians and such moving it through the southern US, but by and large, most of the Heroin/Opium you see comes from Afghanistan. It's had a long, interesting history that spans the history of time itself.