PDA

View Full Version : The Comedy Central Roast of Charlie Sheen

Bumpus
07-05-2011, 09:13 PM
... Coming Sept. 19

Said Sheen in a statement: "You could say I've been providing kindling for this roast for a while. It's time to light it up. It's going to be epic."

Read more: http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2011/07/charlie-sheen-gets-his-own-comedy-central-roast.html

Arsenal WV
07-05-2011, 09:53 PM
This thread is relevant to my interests.

PhinsPhan11
07-05-2011, 10:12 PM
I can't wait to see that. It should be great.

DisturbedShifty
07-05-2011, 11:38 PM
That is going to be such a train wreck. I can't wait to see it. So long as they get people that are relevant to be on the panel. Having Warren Sapp and Snoop Dogg on the panel never made sense.

tylerdolphin
07-06-2011, 12:11 AM
That is going to be such a train wreck. I can't wait to see it. So long as they get people that are relevant to be on the panel. Having Warren Sapp and Snoop Dogg on the panel never made sense.

Snoop did an alright job IMO.

Arsenal WV
07-06-2011, 12:32 AM
Lisa Lampinelli is such a ****ing idiot. I really don't find her funny at all.

tylerdolphin
07-06-2011, 12:36 AM
Lisa Lampinelli is such a ****ing idiot. I really don't find her funny at all.

She recycles the same 5 jokes over and over.

Giraldo was the man. Jeff Ross is the next best thing I guess. Gilbert Gottfried is always incredible when hes there too.

Bumpus
09-19-2011, 10:19 PM
It's on. :up:

WVDolphan
09-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Jeff Ross is the ****ing man.

tylerdolphin
09-19-2011, 10:38 PM
Ross killed it tonight :sidelol:

Bumpus
09-20-2011, 12:13 AM
- Tyson was better than I thought he'd be (at times)
- Steve-O was ... well, steve-o
- Shatner was pretty good
- Lovitz is just not funny
- Ross was funny
- McFarland needs to stick to cartoons (he's gotten old at this)
- Thankfully, they left Lisa Lampanelli out

Where the **** was Gilbert Gottfried?

Not too bad - I laughed a lot during the show. I've seen better, though. :idk:

Perfect23
09-20-2011, 12:28 AM
Greg Giraldo was the king at roasting R.I.P.

cbreeden
09-20-2011, 12:27 PM
- Tyson was better than I thought he'd be (at times)
- Steve-O was ... well, steve-o
- Shatner was pretty good
- Lovitz is just not funny
- Ross was funny
- McFarland needs to stick to cartoons (he's gotten old at this)
- Thankfully, they left Lisa Lampanelli out

Where the **** was Gilbert Gottfried?

Not too bad - I laughed a lot during the show. I've seen better, though. :idk:

And who the hell is Amy Shumer (sp?). What a waste of DNA.

Still need Gilbert G. though.

tylerdolphin
09-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Yea, Gilbert is a boss. His piece in the Joan Rivers roast was probably the best ever.

Kdawg954
09-24-2011, 12:04 PM
It was ok . . . Ross owned that *****. These roasts are seriously missing Greg Giraldo . . . I thought Jimmy Kimmel said it best during the Flavor of Love roast "It's nice seeing Greg Giraldo . . . somewhere . . . Greg you killed again and once again it will lead to nothing" . . . dude was a beast at comedy and didn't get his due justice. Shame as it looked like his career was finally starting to take off. RIP

Shatner and Sheen were good. Lovitz was meh as was Steve-O. Tyson surprised me . . .Jezlenick is far, far, far from the next Giraldo . . . but he has a spot in these roasts for dark/contraversy comedy . . . but he isn't Greg Giraldo.

Patrice O'neal needs to do more of these roasts, dude took all those BS shots and when he got up he completely outclassed everybody in the roast.

I actually liked Amy Schumer . . . most surprising of the night for me, the Ryan Dunn joke was harsh ****, she had Steve-O looking sad as hell. She got on Patrice pretty bad too. I would have enjoyed Lampanelli on the dais as well. Kate Walsh was looking damn good, she did her thing.

Seth is a decent host, but I would prefer somebody else sometimes . . . but I think my favorite part of his entire show was when he introduced Tyson ending with the "Homer" joke from Tyson, funny, funny ****. Back on Tyson, he got at Jeff Ross . . . I was impressed.