PDA

View Full Version : What is your Browser?

WeVie
07-06-2011, 01:15 AM
I just updated my FireFox to 5.0 from 3.6. I can't believe how much faster it is. I have used FireFox for a few years now. Before that, I was using one called Slimbrowser but it got to were a lot of sites did not work so well on it.

I hate Internet Explorer. I have not used it in more than maybe 6 six years or so.

What do you use??

Arsenal WV
07-06-2011, 01:24 AM
Internet explorer

DisturbedShifty
07-06-2011, 01:59 AM
I use IE, Chrome and Firefox. But I would have to say that I prefer Firefox and Chrome over IE. I love the customability of Chrome and Firefox. I have a add-on for Firefox that blocks all ads. Even the ones in videos. It is so cool.

Valandui
07-06-2011, 06:11 AM
Definitely Firefox.

Vaark
07-06-2011, 07:22 AM
Opera, Chrome and to a lesser extent Firefox (although I use Thunderbird as my server-based email client)

Tunaphish429
07-06-2011, 09:52 AM
At work I use IE...I hate it..On my laptop at home I have google chrome..I just bought the laptop recently, one of my friends had chrome and I loved it..I think its faster than Firefox..

WeVie
07-06-2011, 10:16 AM
I use IE, Chrome and Firefox. But I would have to say that I prefer Firefox and Chrome over IE. I love the customability of Chrome and Firefox. I have a add-on for Firefox that blocks all ads. Even the ones in videos. It is so cool.

I use ab block too. It's great. I have quite a few add ons. That is why I like firefox so much.

Why do you use all three? The only time I use IE is when a site is not compatible with FF.

NY8123
07-06-2011, 11:01 AM
Internet explorer

Complete ****. I am forced by big brother to use this waste of a browser, do yourself a favor and switch if you can. I would bomb Internet Explorer if it was a country, I ****ing hate it.

Dolfan3773
07-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Google Chrome

DisturbedShifty
07-06-2011, 12:59 PM
@Wevie- Same. I will try Chrome first if it doesn't work with FF. But is Chrome doesn't work its on to IE.

DphinBillkiller
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Ie8

ROADRUNNER
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Aol..............:lol:

Boy From School
07-06-2011, 01:59 PM
Complete ****. I am forced by big brother to use this waste of a browser, do yourself a favor and switch if you can. I would bomb Internet Explorer if it was a country, I ****ing hate it.

I use Opera but I agree with you on this. IE is a terrible browser.

NY8123
07-06-2011, 02:05 PM
I use Opera but I agree with you on this. IE is a terrible browser.

All banned, my company just forced everyone to remove Google Chrome (****ing fantastic browser), Firefox, Opera and a few other lower end browsers and forced a company wide IE 8 usage. Horrible, ****, total ****, complete **** in fact! Worse ****ing browser imaginable, I find myself swearing at it at least five or ten times a day.

WeVie
07-06-2011, 02:36 PM
All banned, my company just forced everyone to remove Google Chrome (****ing fantastic browser), Firefox, Opera and a few other lower end browsers and forced a company wide IE 8 usage. Horrible, ****, total ****, complete **** in fact! Worse ****ing browser imaginable, I find myself swearing at it at least five or ten times a day.

Did they have a reason why they did that? My wife has to use IE but it's only because the payroll system she uses is only compatible with IE.

Clipse
07-06-2011, 02:45 PM
Google Chrome with Firefox as a backup.

NY8123
07-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Did they have a reason why they did that? My wife has to use IE but it's only because the payroll system she uses is only compatible with IE.

It was the browser they choose to support, nothing more or less but money and time.

WeVie
07-11-2011, 07:24 PM
It was the browser they choose to support, nothing more or less but money and time.

That is pretty lame of them. IE blows!

Arsenal WV
07-11-2011, 08:34 PM
I dont do all the crazy **** you guys do on a computer....

I get on websites and that's it. I don't download music, I don't make presentations, I just simply surf the web. It's runs fast and never fails. No reason to switch.

WeVie
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM

I get on websites and that's it. I don't download music, I don't make presentations, I just simply surf the web. It's runs fast and never fails. No reason to switch.

You really should try FireFox. It is great. There are so many nice add-ons you can add it it, it's insane. The ad block add-on alone is worth it.

Bumpus
07-11-2011, 09:08 PM

'Bout sums it up for me. :up:

DisturbedShifty
07-11-2011, 09:49 PM
I have now switched to Chrome as my default browers LOL! I got used to using it at my girlfriends house and love the fact that the address bar is also the Google search engine. Plus you can get a ad-blocker just as good as Firefox. And it seems to run faster and smoother for me as well.

Adam First
07-11-2011, 10:38 PM
Google Chrome.

WeVie
07-12-2011, 12:19 AM
I have now switched to Chrome as my default browers LOL! I got used to using it at my girlfriends house and love the fact that the address bar is also the Google search engine. Plus you can get a ad-blocker just as good as Firefox. And it seems to run faster and smoother for me as well.

I have heard it's fastest but I don't like the tabs on top. I'm sure you can change it but I like FireFox so why bother to change.

PhinsPhan11
07-12-2011, 12:41 AM

This. I'm the same way.

WeVie
07-12-2011, 01:04 AM
I do about everything with a computer. I download and stream TV and movies to my PS3. I download music. I have used to to jailbreak or hack everything I own. Since I have started college, I use it for that a lot as well. I take some classes online, write papers, and do research. I even had to do a biology powerpoint presentation.