PDA

View Full Version : TSA worker stole $50,000 in electronics - stuffed iPad down pants

BAMAPHIN 22
07-08-2011, 03:15 PM
Yes, that was an iPad in his pants. And no, he was not happy to see the detectives who busted him.

A Transportation Security Administration luggage scanner at a Florida airport was charged with swiping about $50,000 in electronics from passengers' luggage, the Broward County Sheriff said.

Nelson Santiago, 30, of Hollywood, Fla., was nabbed after a Continental Airlines worker spotted him lifting the iPad from a suitcase and slipping it into his pants Monday, The Miami Herald reported.

Santiago told detectives with the sheriff's office that he grabbed computers, GPS devices and video cameras from luggage that he screened at Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/07/08/2011-07-08_tsa_worker_busted_for_stealing_50000_of_electronics_from_passengers_luggage.html#ixzz1RXifUCUI

Gonzo
07-08-2011, 04:46 PM
I travel a lot I've had stuff stolen from my luggage on 3 separate occasions and there's very little you can do about it. I now take a picture of my luggage after I pack it. It likely won't help next time, but it's worth a shot.

dreday
07-08-2011, 05:05 PM
they caught this one, how many others have not been caught yet?

why would anyone put expensive items in their suitcases?i keep all that stuff with me and won't let it out of my sight for a second.i'm really protective of my bags at the airport.that's what everyone should do....

Gonzo
07-08-2011, 05:17 PM
they caught this one, how many others have not been caught yet?

why would anyone put expensive items in their suitcases?i keep all that stuff with me and won't let it out of my sight for a second.i'm really protective of my bags at the airport.that's what everyone should do....
Luckily the most expensive item I lost was a small camera. The most disturbing (and annoying)? My underwear. Every one I packed.

I miss the days when you could rely on luggage locks, before the fear set in.

Valandui
07-08-2011, 05:31 PM
At least they aren't looking at us naked. Oh wait...

JC
07-08-2011, 06:47 PM
I refer to the TSA procedures as "gate rape"