PDA

View Full Version : white van speaker scam

JC
07-09-2011, 08:50 AM
So a few months ago a buddy of mine fell for this scam. Basically, he got stopped while at the store by a man that said he had unaunaccounted for, expensive, qualityhome theatre systems. He showed my friend an "invoice" that showed the speakers. Im on my phone so this is a lot to type, but if you want to read more about it google "white van speaker scam." Now onto the funny story.

Im in a shopping center in orlando yesterday and see two men showing speakers out of the back of an suv to two teenagers. They were the same brand of speakers that they scammed my friend on. I went up to the two kids and told them it was a scam. The man in the drivers seat said "you better not say another word man." I told the kids "don't do it, it is a scam" and then the guy got out of his car and ran at me. He was about my size so I would have had no issue whopping his ***, except for the fact that the guy he was with was monstrous to say the least. These guys are popping up everywhere trying to scam people on "expensive" audio equipment.

WeVie
07-09-2011, 09:27 AM
that sucks that they got your friend. It's it too good to be true, it usually is. Did he not remember that saying?

Bumpus
07-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Dissapoint.

I was hoping it had something to do with:

http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/4069195254_9879c3d730-1.jpg