PDA

View Full Version : Florida woman suing Chase bank for declaring her dead and ruining her credit

BAMAPHIN 22
07-12-2011, 11:57 AM
A Florida woman has a message for her bank: I'm not dead.
Wrenella Pierre, of Oviedo, Fla., is suing Chase Bank, claiming that her credit was ruined after the bank declared her deceased.

Pierre says the bank notified credit agencies last year that she had died and even sent her family a condolence letter saying, "We are sorry to hear about your loss."

"I don't know why the bank made this type of disastrous mistake," her attorney, William Peerce Howard, told the Orlando Sentinel. "There is no possible way to have credit extended when you're deceased."
Pierre and her husband, Curtis, had repeatedly tried to get their mortgage modified when they discovered Chase's grave mistake.

In November, after shocked family members received the condolence letter, Pierre contacted the bank to tell them that she was alive and well.

But a month later, credit-reporting agencies were still reporting she was dead, the suit said.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/07/12/2011-07-12_florida_woman_suing_chase_bank_for_declaring_her_dead_ruining_her_credit.html

WeVie
07-12-2011, 12:55 PM
Looks like that would be a simple matter to get straightened out with the credit bureaus but they can be hard to deal with sometimes. Once it gets on there, no matter if it's really yours or someone else's error, it takes an act of god sometimes to get it removed.

Bumpus
07-12-2011, 01:12 PM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/original-1.jpg
... You don't say?!?
:lol:

Locke
07-12-2011, 01:38 PM
Looks like that would be a simple matter to get straightened out with the credit bureaus but they can be hard to deal with sometimes. Once it gets on there, no matter if it's really yours or someone else's error, it takes an act of god sometimes to get it removed.

You can dispute anything on your credit reports. If the reporting agency doesn't respond within 30 days, it gets taken off. It's pretty simple to get minor things on your reports taken off in all honesty. Of course, being deceased is a different story...

CedarPhin
07-12-2011, 03:25 PM
Chase is one of the most ****ed up banks in the world.

NY8123
07-12-2011, 03:42 PM
**** that, claim the life insurance and move on interest free! Being legally deceased wouldn't be a bad thing in my eyes this homeboy would be sippin' gin and juice on a beach someplace collecting 8% on my policies!

Vaark
07-12-2011, 04:01 PM
I absolutely HATE Chase with a passion for a bunch of banking and credit card reasons where I got stuck with them after they acquired Washington Mutual. They're a miserable bunch of ****heads who got $billions in bail out loans and then outsourced thousands of jobs overseas. Among other things, at one point I tried to get the Chase Morgan Stanley 's President's home number (unsuccessfully unfortunately) after they arbitrarily killed a very large limit credit card without prior notice for me not using it enough. Losing a large line of revolving credit ****s up your credit scores and consequent ability to replenish it if you don't apply elsewhere quickly... so an arbitrary decison for using my credit responsibly potentially had negative ripple effects. I'm sure they got me yelling and screaming on tape in India, the Philippines , St. Louis and finally NY. **** em.

Dolfan3773
07-12-2011, 10:50 PM
:bobdole:

NY8123
07-13-2011, 04:41 PM
I absolutely HATE Chase with a passion for a bunch of banking and credit card reasons where I got stuck with them after they acquired Washington Mutual. They're a miserable bunch of ****heads who got $billions in bail out loans and then outsourced thousands of jobs overseas. Among other things, at one point I tried to get the Chase Morgan Stanley 's President's home number (unsuccessfully unfortunately) after they arbitrarily killed a very large limit credit card without prior notice for me not using it enough. Losing a large line of revolving credit ****s up your credit scores and consequent ability to replenish it if you don't apply elsewhere quickly... so an arbitrary decison for using my credit responsibly potentially had negative ripple effects. I'm sure they got me yelling and screaming on tape in India, the Philippines , St. Louis and finally NY. **** em.

Get em' get em' get em'!!! This is a rant worthy of NY8123 status! I ****ing hate credit and insurance institution in general. ****ers take take take so they can earn billions off "we" the members and then refuse service when we need it the most. They can all **** off as far as I am concerned, it is legalized crime in my eyes.