PDA

View Full Version : USA v Japan Women's World Cup Finals

Locke
07-13-2011, 05:07 PM
After watching the ladies come back and knock out Brazil, then beat France despite being arguably outplayed, I'd be pretty surprised if we don't beat Japan. They are somewhat of a Cinderella team, so it's hard to root against them, especially considering the devastation with the recent earthquakes. Anyone else been watching the World Cup?

On a side note, Hope Solo is a ridiculous name. Sounds like the name of a superhero from a really bad indie movie. One hell of a goalkeeper though...

SuavePhin
07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I watched the Brazil game and i thought it was one of the most exciting soccer games ever, they kept fighting every damned second, as for Hope Solo that's an awesome name imo, and i love her fire, when asked about where the team got its confidence from she replied "it comes from cause we know we're damn good" :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzTmYXdxoEg

PhinsPhan11
07-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I've watched some of it, and I think we have a great chance at beating Japan. We didn't play as well today against France, but I think the US should beat Japan.

Dolfan3773
07-13-2011, 08:47 PM
I've watched a little bit of each game, was off today so I tuned into the game.

As for Hope Solo....

http://www.finheaven.com/clear.gif

COphinphan89
07-13-2011, 09:59 PM
Missed today's game (**** you work) but I will absolutely watch the Japan game. Hope Solo makes me salivate.

Locke
07-13-2011, 10:34 PM
Missed today's game (**** you work) but I will absolutely watch the Japan game. Hope Solo makes me salivate.

She always has this look in her eyes like she could straight up punch my heart straight out of my chest with minimal effort. It's a little scary. But that entire team is made up of hotties. That Swedish team was nothing to balk at either...

emeraldfin
07-14-2011, 04:52 AM
Find it crazy how a good proportion of Americans only care about football(soccer) when a big tournament comes round. Not having a go, just find it strange.

Locke
07-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Find it crazy how a good proportion of Americans only care about football(soccer) when a big tournament comes round. Not having a go, just find it strange.

I watch it as much as I can. The issue is that it's never televised here in the states. We have a Professional Soccer League, but none of the TV stations carry the games. It sucks for fans like myself because no one gives a crap about the sport here. That's why I love it when the World Cup is going on, I can actually watch a few games...

Ricky_Fan34
07-14-2011, 03:22 PM
That game against Brazil was easily the best soccer match I've ever seen.

SpurzN703
07-14-2011, 03:30 PM

True. I could care less either way myself

Locke
07-14-2011, 04:32 PM
That game against Brazil was easily the best soccer match I've ever seen.

Yeah it was. One of the worst officiated I've seen as well, which is probably what made it so good. I thought we were done. Wambach's last second header was seriously epic. WWE can't even script something that good...

COphinphan89
07-14-2011, 09:10 PM
I called the Brazil game the Miracle on Grass. Gotta finish the job though. I remember the Brandi Chastain PK against China like it was yesterday.

hooshoops
07-15-2011, 11:14 PM
wambach wears underwear with dick holes...

Dolfan3773
07-16-2011, 09:34 PM

:sidelol:

PhinsPhan11
07-16-2011, 10:17 PM
:lol:

X-Pacolypse
07-16-2011, 10:28 PM

Goddamn, that is some funny sh*t.

COphinphan89
07-17-2011, 04:11 PM
Touchdown!!

PhinsPhan11
07-17-2011, 04:17 PM
Touchdown!!
Wrong sport. :lol:

COphinphan89
07-17-2011, 04:53 PM
Touchdown wambach!!

Ricky_Fan34
07-17-2011, 05:38 PM
Wow. What a game. It's not hard to figure out why the United States lost.. missed opportunities. We could've had about 4 or 5 goals in just the first half but nothing would go in for whatever reason. The missed chance that really sticks out to me is the Wambach shot that went off the bottom of the crossbar and then bounced out.

All I really take out of this is that women's soccer can be exciting and that we had a hell of a team. That match against Brazil will be a game that I'll remember for a long time, even though the tournament didn't turn out the way we had all hoped.

Congratulations to Japan. They're a country that really deserved and needed this. They never quit in the game today, just like the United States never quit in the game against Brazil. Coming into the tournament, I never would've guessed them to win it, or even be in the final. Hopefully Wambach will get another chance to play in a World Cup in 2015.

Dolfan3773
07-17-2011, 06:32 PM
I'm not even a soccer but I watched the end of the game and tell me why did I get mad when we lost? :lol:

Locke
07-17-2011, 07:17 PM
That was some of the worst penalty kicks I've seen on the professional level. Not to take anything away from Japan's keeper, she was brilliant. I just don't see how you overshoot the goal by 5 feet like the second kicker did. Or how you don't shoot for the outer edges of the goals like the first and third kicker. Wambach nailed hers, but everything else was simply horrible...

normaldude
07-17-2011, 07:24 PM
That was some of the worst penalty kicks I've seen on the professional level. Not to take anything away from Japan's keeper, she was brilliant. I just don't see how you overshoot the goal by 5 feet like the second kicker did. Or how you don't shoot for the outer edges of the goals like the first and third kicker. Wambach nailed hers, but everything else was simply horrible...

fpbkRApq9qY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpbkRApq9qY

WVDolphan
07-17-2011, 07:36 PM

Locke
07-17-2011, 09:13 PM
fpbkRApq9qY

I stand corrected...

emeraldfin
07-18-2011, 06:53 AM
fpbkRApq9qY

Remember watching that game. Was quite a boring final. That miss from Baggio is a classical example of even the best of players letting the pressure of the moment get to them. And Baggio was one hell of a player.

As for the Women's World Cup, considering what Japan has been through in recent months, its hard to begrudge them taking the trophy.

Locke
07-18-2011, 11:46 AM
Remember watching that game. Was quite a boring final. That miss from Baggio is a classical example of even the best of players letting the pressure of the moment get to them. And Baggio was one hell of a player.

As for the Women's World Cup, considering what Japan has been through in recent months, its hard to begrudge them taking the trophy.

No doubt. I didn't find myself nearly as upset as I should have been that we lost. That team deserved it, and the country itself needed a win in something...