PDA

View Full Version : Girl, 10, dies after locking herself in box while playing hide and seek

dreday
07-17-2011, 10:25 AM
link (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2014205/Girl-10-dies-locking-box-playing-hide-seek.html)

A girl of 10 died after becoming trapped in a trunk during a late-night children's game of hide-and-seek.
The youngster, who was found the following morning, is believed to have suffocated while the adults of the household were asleep.
She is thought to have had a history of hiding in unusual places during games.

Vaark
07-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Damn, that's tragic.... and so unnecessary. Reminds me of those too-frequent "hide and seek" fatalities when kids used to hide in abandoned refrigerators before the industry regulated inside door emergency lock releases.

DisturbedShifty
07-17-2011, 12:30 PM
Damn, that's tragic.... and so unnecessary. Reminds me of those too-frequent "hide and seek" fatalities when kids used to hide in abandoned refrigerators before the industry regulated inside door emergency lock releases.
That is exactly what came to mind when I read this too. Matter of fact, I pretty sure that it is a city law where I live that you have to remove the doors from fridges before disposing of them.

Dolfan3773
07-17-2011, 06:49 PM
That's sad...RIP

PhinsPhan11
07-17-2011, 08:36 PM
That's very sad. RIP