PDA

View Full Version : Who should pay on a date?

BAMAPHIN 22
07-19-2011, 11:22 AM
http://www.finheaven.com/images/imported/2011/07/payingfordatejutop-1.jpg

After dating for over a year, is it still the man's place to pick up all the restaurant tabs?

Bumpus
07-19-2011, 11:24 AM
Unfortunately.

Damn women may have half the money, but they still have all the *****.

PhinsPhan11
07-19-2011, 11:26 AM
It's still the men, sadly.

Arsenal WV
07-19-2011, 11:50 AM
Yep. Every date i've been on and will go on in the future. I'll always pay.

Tunaphish429
07-19-2011, 11:53 AM
Dating over a year? No way that I would always pay..Been with my girlfriend around 5 years..I have paid around 75% of the time.... If your girl does not at least offer to pay she is stingy and she thinks she is too good for you.... I guess if I thought the girl was too good for me I would always pay.

Arsenal WV
07-19-2011, 12:17 PM
It's the gentlemen thing to do. Sometimes they would offer, but I would never let them. I guess it was just how i was raised.

SpurzN703
07-19-2011, 12:43 PM
Regarding myself, I've been married for five years now. My wife and I split every meal we eat (cost wise). It's been that way for years. There have been times when I have bought her dinner but not more than she's paid for herself.

The first couple of dates with a new chick sounds fine to me. If you become serious though, I don't see the point. She makes money too doesn't she?

Locke
07-19-2011, 12:59 PM
The wife and I split most everything. On special occasions, like the anniversary of our first date or something like that, I'll foot the bill. Or I surprise her every few weeks with a concert or something where I pay for everything. Other than that, we try to both contribute to all of our purchases. When dating, I tried to pay for everything but she wouldn't have it. She refused to be a girl that is doted on by her boyfriend. First time I had ever dated someone like that, it got my attention for sure. 2 years later we were married...

Vaark
07-19-2011, 01:32 PM
I've been through a mixed bag of wives and GFs - and I can assert unequivically that while the man should assume he'll paying, it's the women who after a date or 2 step up and sincerely offer to pay or split the check (whether you take them up on it or not) who usually turn out to be the keepers.

ROADRUNNER
07-19-2011, 01:39 PM
First date is the man.
Second date both of you.
Third date should be her.

WISfinfan13
07-19-2011, 02:07 PM
Even though I am married I usually ask my mom to pay.

Arsenal WV
07-19-2011, 03:59 PM
What the ****?

WeVie
07-19-2011, 04:04 PM
Regarding myself, I've been married for five years now. My wife and I split every meal we eat (cost wise). It's been that way for years. There have been times when I have bought her dinner but not more than she's paid for herself.

The first couple of dates with a new chick sounds fine to me. If you become serious though, I don't see the point. She makes money too doesn't she?

Once my wife and I got married, it was not her money and my money. It was ours. There is no splitting anything these days. It's ever who has a debit card in their pocket at the time.

Arsenal WV
07-19-2011, 04:09 PM
Okay. Well i'm not married.

So that's why I say if you're first going out on dates, it should be the mans job to pay. Like mentioned above, she will offer to pay (which is cool) but I would still decline letting her pay and pay it myself.

Tunaphish429
07-19-2011, 04:14 PM
Okay. Well i'm not married.

So that's why I say if you're first going out on dates, it should be the mans job to pay. Like mentioned above, she will offer to pay (which is cool) but I would still decline letting her pay and pay it myself.

It depends on how good looking she is...If she aint really hot, gotta go dutch.

Arsenal WV
07-19-2011, 05:52 PM
Well yeah....

The last girl I talked to was a lot prettier than me.

Joe from WY
07-19-2011, 06:55 PM
ey peyyy frr th missus an ey whn we ht th town en Lrrramee...lol...ey mke awll th ksh tho...lol

SpurzN703
07-20-2011, 09:31 AM
Once my wife and I got married, it was not her money and my money. It was ours. There is no splitting anything these days. It's ever who has a debit card in their pocket at the time.

We have a joint savings account together but aside from that, we have our own separate checking accounts where we spend our own money on the things we want for ourselves.

Locke
07-20-2011, 12:05 PM
We have a joint savings account together but aside from that, we have our own separate checking accounts where we spend our own money on the things we want for ourselves.

Same with the wife and I. Money is probably the biggest cause of fights in any relationship, so we decided to keep our checking accounts separate that way there would be nothing to fight about. If I run out of money, it's on me and me alone. Same with her. As long as we are both paying our bills, there is no reason for money to come up at all between us...

SpurzN703
07-20-2011, 01:43 PM
Same with the wife and I. Money is probably the biggest cause of fights in any relationship, so we decided to keep our checking accounts separate that way there would be nothing to fight about. If I run out of money, it's on me and me alone. Same with her. As long as we are both paying our bills, there is no reason for money to come up at all between us...

Definitely. If one of us runs into money problems, we'll help each other. Otherwise if I want to get a Dolphins hat or a new tattoo, I pay for it myself.

WeVie
07-20-2011, 06:23 PM

We do pretty good. We don't really fight about money but what you say it so true. I bet money has ruined as many relationships as anything else.