PDA

View Full Version : Mom convicted in 4 year old son's jaywalking death

Bumpus
07-25-2011, 10:05 PM
A Marietta, Ga., mom who was convicted of jaywalking after her 4-year-old son was run over and killed in a hit-and-run said on the Today Show that the worst part of going to jail would be the separation from her two remaining kids.

Raquel Nelson was convicted of homicide by vehicle and reckless conduct by a jury and faces sentencing tomorrow. She can receive up to a three-year jail sentence, six times the stretch that Jerry Guy--who admitted to drinking before running over Nelson's son, A.J.--served.

Read more: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/mom-convicted-son-jaywalking-death-never-end-151356884.html

My mom taught me to look both ways before I crossed the street. :idk:

SpurzN703
07-26-2011, 04:00 PM
So they were jaywalking together and her son gets hit and dies....and she's charged with jaywalking and is going to prison? Did I read this correctly?

Clipse
07-26-2011, 05:31 PM
So they were jaywalking together and her son gets hit and dies....and she's charged with jaywalking and is going to prison? Did I read this correctly?

I believe the article says she was charged with homicide by vehicle and reckless conduct and faces up to 3 years in prison. Meanwhile, the man that killed her son, while drunk, his 3rd DUI offense, gets 6 months. ****ed up.

SpurzN703
07-26-2011, 05:41 PM
I believe the article says she was charged with homicide by vehicle and reckless conduct and faces up to 3 years in prison. Meanwhile, the man that killed her son, while drunk, his 3rd DUI offense, gets 6 months. ****ed up.

I just read an updated story about this. She won't be going to jail but will have to be on 1 year probation and do community service.

Isn't the death of her kid the worst punishment anyone would have to go through? Sure jaywalking isn't 'legal' but to even think of going to jail for doing so is one of the most insane things I've ever heard.

Bumpus
07-26-2011, 06:22 PM
I just read an updated story about this. She won't be going to jail but will have to be on 1 year probation and do community service.

Isn't the death of her kid the worst punishment anyone would have to go through? Sure jaywalking isn't 'legal' but to even think of going to jail for doing so is one of the most insane things I've ever heard.

My take on it was more of a child endangerment kinda issue.

I mean, who the hell leads their kids out into the street without looking if anything is coming?

PhinsPhan11
07-26-2011, 07:13 PM

I mean, who the hell leads their kids out into the street without looking if anything is coming?
Some dumb SOB.

SpurzN703
07-27-2011, 05:12 PM

Not sure. Jail or even death isn't the right punishment for such a thing though.