PDA

View Full Version : Dennis Green to the Cardinals

Gonk
01-07-2004, 08:52 PM
Just came up on ESPN. Green and Arizona have reached an agreement.

More: ESPN.com reports the Arizona Cardinals and Dennis Green have reached an agreement in principle to make him the Cardinals' next head coach. Green will receive a four-year deal worth almost $11 million. Team attorneys and Green's agent spent much of Wednesday, Jan. 7, exchanging faxes and the contractual language should be completed by Wednesday night. "It looks like it will happen," Green said. "All that's left is to dot the I's and to cross the T's. It's an exciting opportunity."

We'll see how he does.

akfinfan
01-07-2004, 08:55 PM
Good for him. I wanted him here in Miami, but I bet Arizona goes to the playoffs before his contract expires!!

Gonk
01-07-2004, 08:59 PM
I don't get Arizona. They go out and fire their coach and hire a new one with credibility... like they are actually attempting to win. Yet, they trade all of their good players off (Plummer, Lassiter, Boston)

Samphin
01-07-2004, 09:05 PM
Boston was a free agent and I believe so was Plummer, so they didn't trade their alent off persay. I do know what you mean though by letting them go.

McCown might blossom under Green and their recieving core should do well I imagine too. They don't have a big time running back that I can think of but it looks like Corey Dillon may become available (I personally think he goes to Detroit but you never know.)

I am happy for Dennis Green. I think had he taken the Raiders job, he would have ended up regretting it (although he is a fellow bay area person). This way he has nothing to lose. If he can turn around th at sorry franchise then he will be considered one of the better coaches in the league again.

VanDolPhan
01-07-2004, 09:06 PM
And in other news the Redskins screw the Jets again by signing ex Bills coach Gregg Williams to be their defensive coordinator right when the Jets thought they had him signed.

Gotta love it :)

iceblizzard69
01-07-2004, 09:09 PM
I doubt Green will be able to turn around the Cardinals simply because they will have very little talent. If the franchise ever has a good player, he leaves when he gets the chance. I think Green is a pretty good coach but I don't think he will last long in Arizona because they won't do well.

Center
01-07-2004, 11:21 PM
I agree with Michael Wilbon. Bidwell is the most incompetent owner in any professional sport. I'd put him even below Clippers owner Donald Sterling.

SuperMarksBros.
01-08-2004, 10:12 AM
not incompetent, but rather cheap...these guys are clearly interested in the bottom line. winning isn't even on their radar.

people rip guys like snyder and jerry jones for being too involved and wanting to run the show(and that cant be denied ;)), but at least they care.

nyrican
01-08-2004, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by VanDolPhan
And in other news the Redskins screw the Jets again by signing ex Bills coach Gregg Williams to be their defensive coordinator right when the Jets thought they had him signed.

Gotta love it :)

yes the skins screwed us again but look what it got them last year nothing ...

and to top it all off the ball coach quits on them...

and with respects to loving it Wanny gets an extension now that is SWEET !!!!!!!!!!!!!

looks like it will be no playoffs for U again...