PDA

View Full Version : A Ranking of the Coaches.....

Section126
01-08-2004, 12:04 AM
What do you guys think? Need input.....

I ranked them for record, Off/Def rankings (historical), playoff wins, Consistency and Super Bowls. (all coaches have to have at least 3 years experience.)

1. Joe Gibbs- Redskins
2. Bill Parcells- Cowboys
3. Jon Gruden- Buccaneers
4. Dick Vermeil- Chiefs
5. Brian Billick-Ravens
6. Bill Belichick- Patriots
7. Jeff Fisher- Titans
8. Mike Martz- Rams
9. Andy Reid- Eagles
10. Mike Shanahan-Broncos
11. Bill Cowher-Steelers
12. Mike Sherman-Packers
13. Mike Holmgren-Seattle
14. Dennis Green-Cardinals
15. Tony Dungy- Colts
16. Dave Wannstedt-Dolphins
17. Herman Edwards-Jets
18. Tom Coughlin-Giants
19. Steve Mariucci-Lions
20. Marty Schottenheimer-Chargers
21. Jim Haslett-Saints
22. Dom Capers-Texans
23. Dennis Erickson-49ers
24. Butch Davis-Browns

Not applicable or (rookie coaches): Marvin Lewis-Bengals, Jack Del Rio-Jaguars, John Fox-Panthers, Mike Tice-Vikings, Bills, Bears, Falcons, Raiders,

canesandphins1
01-08-2004, 12:09 AM
why not FOX or TICE or DEL RIO i think all have been there 2 years and LEWIS even after one year you can tell he is a great coach

canesandphins1
01-08-2004, 12:12 AM
sorry i skipped over your heading feel like an *** now

canesandphins1
01-08-2004, 12:12 AM
and is jeff not john in tenn.

CirclingWagons
01-08-2004, 12:29 AM
good list 126..Gibbs is the best...one correction would be to put belichick higher, especially after he collects his second ring in a few weeks

Dolphins17-0
01-08-2004, 12:30 AM
:barf:

pats4life
01-08-2004, 12:32 AM
I know that Gibbs is a great coach but after 11 years of not coaching I dont think I would put right at the top. I would also take Bill Belichick over Gruden, Vermeil and Billick of course I might a little biased ;)

CirclingWagons
01-08-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by pats4life
I know that Gibbs is a great coach but after 11 years of not coaching I dont think I would put right at the top. I would also take Bill Belichick over Gruden, Vermeil and Billick of course I might a little biased ;) putting him over Gruden and Billick is not biased...it's a wash with Vermeil though.

Speaking of Vermeil, he didn't seem to have a problem adjusting to the FA era...Gibbs won't either. He's got the Midas touch, Gibbs probably ****s gold:lol:

Noland
01-08-2004, 01:23 AM
I think Dungy should be in the top 10 an Wanny(just playing) I like Dungy he has been good for both teams he has coached for you cannot say that about most coaches. An my suprise pick is Dom Capers he has been for the texas they showed me alot this year they will be even better next year. He also done good for the panthers he had them ready for the playoffs after a couple of years he could do the same for the texas.

Muck
01-08-2004, 02:32 AM
John Fox is in his second year at Carolina.

Gibbs hasn't coached in 11 or so years and has yet to coach in the salary cap era. No way he's #1.

Gruden did a bang-up job in Tampa this year (7-9), finishing three games behind Dave Wannstedt (10-6). The NFL adjusted to his offense in Tampa. He didn't react.

I also believe Dom Capers should be higher.

My Quick Top 5

1. Belichick
2. Parcells
3. Fisher
4. Vermeil
5. Reid

Bl¡tz Inc
01-08-2004, 04:03 AM
In about 2 weeks, you're gonna have Martz & Reid switched :D

Great_One
01-08-2004, 05:27 AM
Parcells would be at the top with Gibbs within the top 5. I would wait to see how he can handle the game today as compared to 15 years ago before annointing him #1. I would also rate higher Holmgren and Schottenheimer although their teams have not had much success lately as compared to other teams in the NFL. Seattle will be more improved after coming off a playoff appearance and the situation in San Diego is a total mess.

Section126
01-08-2004, 09:37 AM
Muck, Gibbs is a legend.........I had no idea he was available.....If I did, I would have been ranting and raving like all of other Wanny Haters...

4 super bowl appearances, 3 championships.....and the greatest winning % of any coach in history.......

That guy is god.

Muck
01-09-2004, 01:43 AM
I know all about Gibbs. But he's been out of the game 11 years. No way in hell a guy comes leaves for over a decade and is automatically the best coach in the league. Especially when he coached exclusively in the non-salary cap era.

He could certainly get back to elite status. But it's not wise to annoint him above all others the day he gets hired. Not when Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are doing what they're doing right now.

Section126
01-09-2004, 09:32 AM
Originally posted by Muck
I know all about Gibbs. But he's been out of the game 11 years. No way in hell a guy comes leaves for over a decade and is automatically the best coach in the league. Especially when he coached exclusively in the non-salary cap era.

He could certainly get back to elite status. But it's not wise to annoint him above all others the day he gets hired. Not when Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick are doing what they're doing right now.

psssst.........Dick Vermeil

:foundout:

Great_One
01-09-2004, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Section126

psssst.........Dick Vermeil

:foundout:

But it took him three years to do it. The first two years, the Rams absolutely sucked. I also won't be suprised if Gibbs can clean house in Washington which they absolutely need to make the playoffs. It would also help Gibbs if that weasel Snyder would stay out of his business. Gibbs is certainly in a better situation than what Vermeil had to go through. He is a great coach, but the best that I can rate him is within the top 5 even though he hasn't coached in 11 years, not at #1.