PDA

View Full Version : Jim Mora Jr. falcons head coach

massfinfan
01-08-2004, 07:40 PM
just read it on cnnsi.

iceblizzard69
01-08-2004, 07:59 PM
I thought Lovie Smith was going to get the job and I think Smith is more deserving. He is a better coordinator than Mora Jr.

DolphinDevil28
01-08-2004, 08:02 PM
Yes! One less team to worry about Saban going to.

Predaphin
01-08-2004, 08:11 PM
wow, now you got to wonder if TO will really go to Atlanta....there were strong rumors out here in cali that TO was headed for atlanta....before Jim mora became head coach of course.

KB21
01-08-2004, 08:14 PM
This is just an example of the lack of quality candidates that are available.

Lovie Smith isn't that great of a candidate. He's been a coordinator for only 3 years, and in only one of those years did he field a very good defense.

Jim Mora Jr. hasn't been much better. He's been a coordinator over a longer period of time, but his success level isn't much better than Lovie's.

Then, you have guys like Monte Kiffin and Jim Johnson who have fielded very good defenses over a long period of time, but they won't get a sniff because they are coaches in their 60s. No one is going to give a 60 year old a head coaching position if it is his first head coaching position.

I maintain that the best candidates are the coaches in college that have NFL experience. Guys like Nick Saban, Ralph Friedgen, Kirk Ferentz, and Al Groh.

massfinfan
01-08-2004, 09:17 PM
all the hoopla of chuckie weis and roooomeo crennell being able to find jobs!!! the bad thing is that they will end up with the pats for another year.

Wakey
01-08-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I thought Lovie Smith was going to get the job and I think Smith is more deserving. He is a better coordinator than Mora Jr.

That may or may not be true but the Falcons hired Mora as the head coach.

Wakey
01-08-2004, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by DolphinDevil28
Yes! One less team to worry about Saban going to.

Bingo! :D