PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Might Make Another Mistake

Dolfan02
01-08-2004, 08:47 PM
After their 1st mistake of hiring Dennis Green as head coach, with no proven track record, it was reported on the sports news that the Cards are seeking Sean Salisbury for their QB coach. Excuse me? Talk about some disfunctional minds over at Arizona. Who's next, Deion Sanders for president of operations?

I was wishing the Cardinals the best of luck to getting on the right track... but uh.. nevermind.

Muck
01-08-2004, 09:04 PM
Why would Sean Salisbury not make a good QB coach??

Samphin
01-08-2004, 09:06 PM
How is Dennis Green UNPROVEN for that matter? He took the Vikings to 8 playoffs seasons in his 10 year tender as head coach. He made Randall Cunningham look like a freaking MVP for one season.

Muck
01-08-2004, 09:19 PM
He also assembled the highest scoring offense in league history. Several of the league's better HC's came from his staff.

inFINSible
01-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by Muck
Why would Sean Salisbury not make a good QB coach?? That's what I would like to know???

dolfan06
01-09-2004, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Dolfan02
After their 1st mistake of hiring Dennis Green as head coach, with no proven track record, no track record? WTF!:rolleyes:

iceblizzard69
01-10-2004, 11:24 AM
I don't think hiring Dennis Green was a mistake. He is a proven winner, and he is a very good offensive mind. He isn't knowledgable at all about defense though, and his defensive draft picks prove that. I think the biggest mistake Arizona made was firing Dave McGinnis.

dolfan06
01-10-2004, 12:11 PM
Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I don't think hiring Dennis Green was a mistake. He is a proven winner, and he is a very good offensive mind. He isn't knowledgable at all about defense though, and his defensive draft picks prove that. I think the biggest mistake Arizona made was firing Dave McGinnis. actually, the biggest mistake arizona makes is putting on their uniforms on sunday!:D

finattic79
01-10-2004, 08:20 PM
Did you just start watching the NFL like 2 yrs ago, Dennis great had some great teams up in Minn., I think he only had one losing season, and even had one season where he guided the team to a 15-1 record, no proven track record there :roflmao:

Hellion
01-11-2004, 12:58 PM
After their 1st mistake of hiring Dennis Green as head coach, with no proven track record, it was reported on the sports news that the Cards are seeking Sean Salisbury for their QB coach. Excuse me? Talk about some disfunctional minds over at Arizona. Who's next, Deion Sanders for president of operations?

I was wishing the Cardinals the best of luck to getting on the right track... but uh.. nevermind.

Interesting thread, I guess Dennis Green's 10years in the league and Salisbury's many years as an NFL QB isn't enough of a "track record" then what do you consider as a qualified track record to coach in the NFL?
With the new stadium being built and ready to go in a few years a new coach and Bill Jr. taking over the team it sounds like they are finally turning things around in AZ. My guess is they saw what the Bengals have acomplished this year and decided not to be the last remaining joke in the league anymore....hell I wouldn't be surprised to see a uniform change and maybe even a name change.

dolfan06
01-11-2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Hellion

Interesting thread, I guess Dennis Green's 10years in the league and Salisbury's many years as an NFL QB isn't enough of a "track record" then what do you consider as a qualified track record to coach in the NFL?
With the new stadium being built and ready to go in a few years a new coach and Bill Jr. taking over the team it sounds like they are finally turning things around in AZ. My guess is they saw what the Bengals have acomplished this year and decided not to be the last remaining joke in the league anymore....hell I wouldn't be surprised to see a uniform change and maybe even a name change. maybe he has only been watching football for 3 or 4 years!:rolleyes:

DeDolfan
01-12-2004, 01:44 PM

no track record?? I thought you were talking about Greene and not Wannstedt!!

SMadison29
01-12-2004, 08:51 PM
Denny Green also got people to think that Brian Billick was one of the biggest offensive geniuses in football history when the truth is that he's one of the dumbest that still can't assemble an offense.

Denny Green is a great offensive mind. Heck they've already got his type of defense in Arizona, one that gives up a lot of points :)

Dolphins99Fan
01-17-2004, 05:18 PM
After their 1st mistake of hiring Dennis Green as head coach, with no proven track record.

Uhhh.. Only 2 losing seasons in 10 years at Minnesota, plus a 15-1 season and building up one of the better offenses in the NFL is considered "no proven track record" in these days?

Damn..

dolfan06
01-17-2004, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by Dolphins99Fan

Uhhh.. Only 2 losing seasons in 10 years at Minnesota, plus a 15-1 season and building up one of the better offenses in the NFL is considered "no proven track record" in these days?

Damn.. :dunno: